Really good ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING food

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Re: Really good ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING food

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:17 am UTC

It's important to distinguish between the Milky Way sold in the U.S. and the Milky Way sold in Europe; also, the classic U.S. Mars Bar is now sold under the name "Snickers Almond" and the Mars Bar sold in Europe has always been a rebranded U.S. Milky Way bar.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Joeldi

Postby Joeldi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:20 am UTC

lanicita wrote:
BiancaBlack wrote:MilkyWay
Manufactured by Masterfoods
Manufacturer's description: Milk chocolate with a light whipped white centre
454 kcal/100 g

What the hell is a "light whipped white centre"? "White" is not an ingredient! It's not even a color!

I assumed it was white chocolate.

RE Black Pudding: *Shudder* I've never actually been near the stuff, but what it is and what it looks like do not make me want to put my mouth anywhere near it.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers

Postby Angelene » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:24 am UTC

Black pudding is one of those things that the less you know about it before you try it, the better. We were raised on such and so I developed a taste for it before I had any idea what I was eating. When you find out after the fact it's not really so much of an issue.

As for the white Milky Way centre, it doesn't really taste of anything but sweetness, almost like a marshmallow.
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."

Joeldi

Postby Joeldi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:27 am UTC

True that. I couldn't really remember the taste when I was doing my assuming. But now that you say it, yeah, marshmellow- but different.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 am UTC

Milky Way bars contain whipped nougat, fluffier than conventional Mars bar nougat.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:57 pm UTC

Except the "conventional Mars bar nougat" you're talking about is exactly the same as what's in a Milky Way bar here in the States because they are the same candy bar with different names. Hooray needless confusion!
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 pm UTC

Ah, well, in Aussie land they are different things and marketed at different audiences. Here, the Milky Way is a "childrens" chocolate, and it's pretty small compared to a normal chocolate bar, also no caramel.

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:44 am UTC

Bacon with cream cheese on a bagel.

Best way to start the day. By having your arteries screaming at you.

ariennette

Postby ariennette » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:27 pm UTC

For me, french fries are just another vehicle for salt, but my roommate eats them with cream cheese. It had better be delicious for all the arteries clogged with each bite.
n/q/fc?

cheesegrits

Postby cheesegrits » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:52 am UTC

Deep fried okra.

Prepared any other way this is natures own slimy green disgusting goop. Kinda like seaweed marinaded in shampoo. Battered and deep fried, it turns into delicious, melt in your mouth little nuggets of ... well, deep fried okra.

Also fried green tomatoes. More or less the same principle. Take some totally inedible, disgusting unripe green tomatoes, slice 'em about 1/4" thick, shake 'em up in a baggie of basic flour/milk batter, crank the deep fryer up to 400, preferably with peanut oil ... 3 minutes later you have little slices of heaven.

In fact, I think this calls for a haiku ....

Humble deep fryer
Transforms inedible goop
With just oil and heat

OK, not much of a haiku, but at least I tried.

-- hugh

sunkistbabe1

Postby sunkistbabe1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 pm UTC

For some reason all my friends are still squeamish about calamari. I totally grossed one friend out by danging one of the pieces that still had all 8 little legs on it in front of his face. To this day he's still scarred and wont eat any seafood with legs.

I love it left over... and cold!
- Sunkist -

idont_know12

Postby idont_know12 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:09 pm UTC

Alright, that Japp bar looks/sounds really good.

Nutella - awesome, too expensive.

Smarties/Rockets - very good, unfortunately it begins deteriorating my mouth when I eat more than like 10 rolls in a day.

Fairy bread - EWW. White bread is nasty, and I'm not a fan of sprinkles. So ew.

jskyhawk

Re:

Postby jskyhawk » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:44 am UTC

aisling wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:I counter by saying that fries were invented in Belgium*, and in Belgium they are eaten with mayonnaise. Ergo, the proper way is with mayonnaise, the heathen way is with ketchup.

Chocolate was invented in Mexico. If you're not drinking it or using it as a (savory) sauce, and if you're adding sugar, you're doing it wrong.

I bought these organic Cacao nibs from some hippy downtown a while ago that I still need to find a good recipe for.

Also: Belgians in my opinion can claim ownership of the invention of any kind of food they want, since their waffles are so good. It's been 3 months and I can still remember just how amazing it tasted and felt to have that waffle I bought in Brussels in my mouth. It was grainy with sugar and the whipped cream was REAL whipped cream.. oh god. And the strawberries.

I have the recipe for these waffles, they refer to them as liege waffles or sugar waffles. They are so easy to make! good with beer too.

1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3 eggs
1 cup softened butter
1 cup pearl sugar (substitute semi-crushed suger cubes)

1. Mix yeast, water, sugar and salt, and let develop for 15 minutes.
2. Place flour into a large bowl.
3. Make a well, pour in yeast mixture, and begin to knead.
4. Continue to knead, add eggs, one at a time, and add soft butter, 2 tablespoons each addition, mixing well.
5. Let dough rest in bowl until doubled.
6. Gently mix in pearl sugar.
7. Let rest for 15 minutes.
8. Heat waffle iron.
9. When hot, butter waffle iron, pour in 3 tablespoons dough per waffle.
10. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until waffles lightly brown on top.
11. Serve warm or room temperature.
12. Enjoy!

also going to put this in the cook book.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams

rahmza

Postby rahmza » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:24 am UTC

I saw this topic, and I had to register just to post my own story. My girlfriend turned me onto this and apparently it's popular in Brazil (though it grosses everyone out in the US). It sounds awful, but eating grilled chicken hearts on a skewer is delicious. Plus, on top of that, after eating you've gained the power of dozens of chickens!

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:57 pm UTC

The nastiest good thing I can remember eating recently is a slice of whole grain bread (like the whollest whole grain you can get, yo the point where you actually see grains and nuts and things in it), slathered in peanut butter, then topped with caramel. Not that nasty, but fucking DELICIOUS .
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Encarnacion

Postby Encarnacion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 am UTC

Some of these sound pretty good. I am happy to be first in with my "grossout" food. So you take a brownie/dense chocolate cake/fudge, and then you pile on top some good chunky salsa (or drop on some hot sauce), and then you eat it. At first it is a little weird, but the chocolate and the sweet work really well with the spicy and the tangy. Then you learn just what the first peoples of Mexico knew their stuff when they mixed chocolate with chile.

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:41 am UTC

During my grade-school years, a bunch of kids used to take a ramen pack, one of those square ones, break them up in the bag, then pour the powder on it. Sounds funky, but surprisingly good for a quick snack.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Exotria

Postby Exotria » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:47 am UTC

THESE

Crushed oreos mixed with cream cheese dipped in melted baking chocolate covered with more crushed oreos.

OH MY GOD DELICIOUS.

...try not to eat too many in one sitting.
Elvish Pillager wrote:
niolosoiale wrote:So which side of the fence would you say I'm on? Why?

The confusing one. I think you should pick a different fence.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 am UTC

hideki101 wrote:During my grade-school years, a bunch of kids used to take a ramen pack, one of those square ones, break them up in the bag, then pour the powder on it. Sounds funky, but surprisingly good for a quick snack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamee

They used to be a really big thing when I was in primary school, I don't know if they're still as popular as they were back then.

Invertebrate

Postby Invertebrate » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:39 am UTC

On the topic of fries in milkshake, a good way to do it undetected is to put a fry in your mouth, then drink some milkshake through the straw. Simple. And no one will ever know...

I personally like ketchup sandwiches. Cheddar biscuits with chocolate cake or Nutella on them are also amazing.
'Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens.'
~ Gimli.

ABlaqueHat

Postby ABlaqueHat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:01 am UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:
joeidi wrote:On Topic: ... banana that has somehow had the centre removed and filled with chocolate....

That makes me think of a penis.

No dear, the color scheme is inside-out.

AAAAAAANYWAY.
When I was but a wee bunty bairn, I used to have a hell of a sweet tooth. I made this breakfast... thing... that my mother called "substance". It consisted of Peanut butter, Cinnamon, Ginger, and a liberal amount of honey. Stir together with a finger to season, best served in the palm of same hand. It can be kept in a refrigerator with out going bad ever, and has a disturbing amount of quick-energy or hyperactive children.

Also, I didn't know that this was wierd until recently. But I occasionally eat ramen with egg, meat, and cheese. It is to a ham sandwich as the noble pinto is to a tank. They'll both get you there, but one is heartier.
Some people bring happiness wherever they go. Others, whenever they go. Oscar Wilde.

dragon
"Can I have a Mountain Dew?!"

Postby dragon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:50 pm UTC

I'm not sure about disgusting food - I can't really tell what would be disgusting rather than just odd to other people - but I do make delicious odd food often.

One day I really wanted a croissant with ham and cheese, but lacked the requisite croissant. I found some weet-bix. Split a couple of the bricks open so they were half the thickness, layer ham and cheese and microwaved until the cheese melted. It wasn't going to be anything near croissant-ish, but at least the combination still worked out pretty well.

Or the time I tried to make pancakes, and didn't realise that there was no milk or eggs. There was a cheap sparkling wine in the fridge that had been opened but was pretty terrible so had not gotten finished. Added that, diluted with a little water, along with a big dollop of plum jam, and made reeeally good pancakes.

Vegemite on a meat pie works! Not sure why I tried that one.. Brain just said "Vegemite + meat pie. Dooo iiiiiit!" out of nowhere. And so it had to be done. :D
Context? What context?
Sandry wrote:I'm kind of feeling like it'd be a good idea to somehow position a vibrator for hands-free use, then you can legitimately DDR with your feet while knitting and it all works.

hermaj

Postby hermaj » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Vegemite goes well with red meat. I love my Vegemite and roast beef sammiches. :P Never tried it with a pie, though!

j~rob

Postby j~rob » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 am UTC

I'm rather fond of Peanut Butter and Jelly, which sounds normal, except I take it literally:

2 scoops Peanut Butter (creamy not crunchy)
2 scoops Jelly (actually jam works better)

Mix until light and fluffy.

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 am UTC

When I get hungry at night, sometimes I just wrap a hot dog in cheese. It's surprisingly good.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Decker

Postby Decker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 am UTC

I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Invertebrate

Postby Invertebrate » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

Yesterday I made a raspberry cheesecake for my sister, and I had some leftover filling, so I put it in a hot cross bun and ate it...God it was good, but I shudder to think of the calories...

(Just a note - I make the European cheesecake, the kind you whip up and don't bake. It doesn't involve eggs, and the filling has the texture of angel-whip, rather than soft cheese as in the American cheesecakes.)
'Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens.'
~ Gimli.

Okita
Staying Alive

Postby Okita » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 pm UTC

Smarties Cereal?

In all seriousness.... Chicken feet.

It's a chinese dish. Delicious.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."

raequiem

Postby raequiem » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

When I was a kid, my mom would give me chicken nuggets with ketchup, and carrot sticks with ranch dressing. I'd mix the ketchup and ranch together and dip both carrots and chicken in it. Quite good. I'd also never be able to decide if I wanted ranch or Italian dressing on my salad, so I'd mix them together.

I also put salt on absolutely EVERYTHING. Including stuff that was already salty, like ham. I still do that with pasta and such - it's never salty enough!

While we're on the topic of nasty-good food, my school cafeteria sells these quarter-pound hot dogs, about an inch around. Freakin' amazing! I don't even care that it's made out of worms - it's still delicious.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 am UTC

I had french fries covered with ranch dressing and bacon once. Really tasty, but I don't think I'd order a whole plate.

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:15 am UTC

A really nice snack is to get one of those big flattish mushrooms, spread it with peanut butter, grate some cheese on top and microwave it for a minute. Melty peanut butter and cheese with a nice warm mushroom. Delicious.

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

Something really good: Sukiyaki with a raw egg.

After the sukiyaki is done, crack an egg into your bowl. Beat it, then put the sukiyaki into it. It's really good, especially with rice.

blakat1313

Postby blakat1313 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:22 am UTC

rahmza wrote:I saw this topic, and I had to register just to post my own story. My girlfriend turned me onto this and apparently it's popular in Brazil (though it grosses everyone out in the US). It sounds awful, but eating grilled chicken hearts on a skewer is delicious. Plus, on top of that, after eating you've gained the power of dozens of chickens!

What exactly does "the power of dozens of chickens" entail? I raised them for a few years (a failed business as soon as I started it) and I saw no power. Nonetheless, chicken hearts are great.

My input for this would be chicken gizzards, they tend to be chewy unless prepared just right, but they're very good. It's sort of like eating concentrated chicken.

Blubb3r3ng3l

Postby Blubb3r3ng3l » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 am UTC

The McMurder.

Take a double cheeseburger, seperate between the patties, insert McChicken.
Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she understands Her own affairs better than we ~ Montaigne
embarrass the hell out of me
The only emotion ducks can feel is hate. -__Kit

Patman

Postby Patman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 am UTC

Jam (fruit preserve) and blue cheese on crackers (crisp bread). YUM.
Also in Wellington NiZ you are more likely to get aoli (Garlic egg-mayo) with chips (fries) than tomato sauce.

MysticalChicken

Postby MysticalChicken » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:04 pm UTC

One time I had some beer chips (potato chips made, inexplicably, with beer) and some donut holes and I had a chip in one hand and a donut hole (regular, glazed) in the other and I looked at one, then the other, and thought "I wonder...?" and I tore off a chunk of donut hole and put it on the chip and ate them at the same time and immediately thought HOLY CRAP I AM A GENIUS. Although it took a bit of twerking to get the proportions of donut hole to chip right.

Peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches. I read about them in a book. Absolutely delicious.

Seda

Postby Seda » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:50 am UTC

Blubb3r3ng3l wrote:The McMurder.

Take a double cheeseburger, seperate between the patties, insert McChicken.

The next time I go to a McDonald's, I am trying this.

I'm sure both I and my arteries will thank you for alerting me to this.
Aum

armandtanzarian

Postby armandtanzarian » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:32 am UTC

This probably disgusting to everyone but me, only because I grew up eating this and because I know few westerners dare walk ten feet from it.

Decker

Postby Decker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:08 am UTC

What is it? It looks like a cross between a hedgehog and a coconut. Are you doing crazy breeding experiments?
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Nath

Postby Nath » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:55 am UTC

Durian. Or possibly a cacodemon.

Return to “Food”