The Codex Quaerendae

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Pfhorrest

The Codex Quaerendae

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:09 am UTC

This is a bit premature to post about, but I'm feeling excited about the future so here's kind of a teaser thing.

Ever since I was a young child I wanted to write kind of a "book about everything", which at some time in my early teens I was nicknaming my "Big TOE" (for Theory of Everything, of course, and pun value). Back when I was studying philosophy at university, I realized that most of the topics I actually wanted to write about were at their base philosophical ones, and of course I learned a lot more about those topics, and further topics I wanted to write about, and how those all related to each other.

I slowly started to organize my various notes to myself into what I once hoped would become my dissertation if I had gone on to get a PhD, which never happened. But I still thought maybe I would write a book on philosophy for general consumption even as I discontinued my formal studies to focus on survival. I eventually gave that book-in-progress the title The Codex Quaerendae (which is probably-bad Latin for "the Book of Questions").

The plan was for that to be an old-fashioned dialogue in the tradition of ancient philosophy, laying out a complete philosophical system in the tradition of modern-era philosophy, but incorporating the insights of the latest contemporary philosophy. However I've come to realize that I find dialogue writing really, really hard to do well, and that that (plus the general stresses of surviving) is what has stopped me from making any progress on this book in many years, leaving it in a generally awful, unreadable state. (But there's the link above if anyone wants to try to read what's there anyway).

So I am thinking that next year (2019, as I'm devoting 2018 to another project), I'm going to start over from scratch, and try to make some actual, readable progress on a lesser version of this project. Instead of a single grand dialogue with many interlocutors each with their own voices weaving everything together with perfectly structured rigorous precision, I'm going to write a series of essays, in my own natural voice which comes to me much more easily, simply laying out what I think and why, one topic at a time. These essays will make reference to each other frequently (e.g. the thesis of one will be taken as a premise of another), and the choice of what essays to write about in what order will still reflect the unified structure of the earlier goal of the project, but I think this will be a version of that vision that I will actually be able to do with the time and energy I have left over after just getting through each day one at a time.

So I guess, stay tuned here next year for progress updates on that. Or give what's up now a read and talk about it here, if you want to. Might give me more thoughts on things to address when I get to rewriting it properly in a year.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Ginger

Re: The Codex Quaerendae

Postby Ginger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 am UTC

I read some of the first part I could see. It's pretty good. I identify with it a lot. Even the goody-goody schoolgirls and professors. And: Facing the government and police is always brave. Always. Got to speak up against injustices, march against them, and. I loved Tina. My favorite character in the entire story.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 am UTC

Thank you, and I have to say I'm very surprised you love Tina so much, given what I know of you from these forums. Can I ask what it is about her that you like so much?

FWIW, though it's not mentioned in what's there so far because it's not really relevant to the purpose of a philosophy book, one of the characters is trans, Frank; and Jackie is pangender. Tina is cis, and John is agender. (John is also gay, Tina is straight, Frank is asexual and Jackie is pansexual. Also Tina is black, John is Japanese, Jackie is Hispanic/Native American, and Frank is white).

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:48 pm UTC

Ooh. You're pretty good at diversity I must say. Well, I like the strong religious fem Tina 'cause technically I am a Catholic. And the shepherds and wolves talks she had with the others were relevant to my beliefs about the world in general. I liked Jackie for being a social butterfly too. And even more for you writing an actual character w/Native American heritage. And a trans* person in the story? Totally awesome. Thank you so, so much for writing it and I'm gonna finish the entire thing when my sleepy feelings from my meds wear off completely. A-and if anyone thinks that I... exotic up their work, I am sorry. I am not trying to appropriate the feelings of all transgendered women or men, all Native Americans, all social butterflies or whatever. I just... like other skin tones and hair types and eye colors. I like transgender people. And social butterflies. So. Apologies in advance for being totally inappropriately young adult lady again.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 pm UTC

Thanks Ginger, and no worries at all. I'm glad you like it. I'm always pleasantly surprised when people find the different interlocutors of that old version relatable, since I disagree with them all and worry that I'd made them out as straw men. Gives me encouragement that some day, after I write this just-essays version I'm going to do next year, I really should go back and try to make it a real dialogue, as that approach seems to really draw some people in.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:32 am UTC

The first essay of this new Codex is up, kind of. The new Introduction page, with an overview of the project and an outline/table of contents, at least.

The Codex Quaerendae.

First proper essay, Against Fideism, to come in two weeks.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:48 am UTC

The first draft of the first real essay is now up:

Against Fideism.

Also shortly after that last post I made some various touch-ups to that introduction, and I'm likely to make some touch-ups to this first real essay over the rest of this week too.

I know all of this is really basic, not exciting or new or interesting stuff that I'm going over right now, but I'm really just laying the boring groundwork for the much more interesting stuff to come later.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 am UTC

The first draft of the next essay is up now:

Against Transcendentalism

I feel like this one is kind of a mess because I've been weirdly sick and not sleeping right all week. I will hopefully revisit and revise it in my spare time (if I have any) between working on unrelated things next week.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 am UTC

The next essay is up now:

Against Nihilism.

I've been kind of a wreck the past week or two for health reasons so I'm really not feeling confident in the quality of any of these, and would love to revise them based off of feedback from anyone who cares to read them. I really need a sounding board.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 am UTC

The last of the four "against" essays is up now:

Against Cynicism.

With that, I'm done laying out what my philosophy is not, and in two weeks when I get back to this project, I'll be writing the broad overview of what my philosophy is: Commensurablism.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:09 am UTC

The first draft of my first essay about what my philosophy actually is, tying together all four of the previous essays about that it's not, is up now:

Commensurablism.

I might make some revisions and possibly add some illustrations to it tomorrow.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 am UTC

My essay about the philosophy of philosophy itself is up now:

Metaphilosophy.

I will probably add some illustrations to it tomorrow.

Fun little easter egg that might become more obvious after the other essays are all up: the structure of this sort of prefigures everything else that is to come. The six questions about philosophy that I pose parallel the six kinds of philosophical questions that the later essays will address: the "definition of philosophy" topic that is the bulk of this essay parallels the essays on language, art, and math; the "progress in philosophy" topic parallels the essays on ontology and teleology, the objects of reality and morality respectively, and the criteria by which we judge things as real or moral; the "philosophical methods" topic parallels the essays on epistemology and deontology, the methods of knowledge and justice respectively; the "philosophical faculties" topic parallels the essays on mind and will, the faculties with which we make judgements about reality or morality respectively, and even presages my functionalist views on those topics; the "philosophical institutes" topic parallels the essays on academics and politics, the institutes of knowledge and justice respectively, and even presages my anarchist views on those topics; and the "what use is philosophy" topic parallels the final essay about the meaning of life and what is the point of anything at all ever.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:21 am UTC

I finally start getting kind of technical in this week's essay that's up now:

On Meaning and Language.

And I actually don't feel terrible about the quality of this one too, though I do feel like it got kinda weaker toward the end.
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:I finally start getting kind of technical in this week's essay that's up now:
On Meaning and Language.
And I actually don't feel terrible about the quality of this one too, though I do feel like it got kinda weaker toward the end.

There's a spelling error in the link. It should be
On Meaning and Language.
The link inside is:
http://geekofalltrades.org/codex/meaning.php

Interesting. How do you deal with the difference between:
"I wonder if the tree is healthy." (a literal statement of fact - just what it says on the tin)
"I wonder if the tree is healthy." (a hint for you to give me your thoughts on the subject)
"I wonder if the tree is healthy." (meaning "please call an arborist to take care of it)
"I wonder if the tree is healthy." (meaning "This is a bad place to pitch a tent", which is a statement of fact)
"I wonder if the tree is healthy." (meaning "This is a bad place to pitch a tent", which is a hint that you shouldn't pitch a tent there)
... and all the other implications of a simple declarative statement like the above, including those derived from other interpretations of the word "tree", whether they merit scrumptious donuts or a visit from the FBI.

Context is extremely important in the correct assignment of meaning to an utterance. And beyond that, there are things that are not utterances, but convey meaning of some sort. Art and music come to mind. Are the "happy sound" and "sad sound" effects of a video game not also "words" in that context? Is a symphony an elaboration of this concept?

Am I... er... barking up the wrong tree?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm UTC

Thanks for catching that typo, I've fixed it now.

And you're right that context can make a big difference in meaning, and that the same literal sentence can mean a variety of things, as in your examples. I didn't mean to say that "expressive questioning" speech-acts give the one definite meaning to all sentences that start with "I wonder...", but rather, to give "wondering" sentences like that as an example of that kind of speech-act, the kind of utterance you might issue in order to perform such an act. But yeah, depending on context, you might issue the same or similar utterances to perform other acts too.

As far as "happy sound" and "sad sound" go, I'd agree that those are effectively "words". When we talk about "speech" in this context we're not just talking about literal human mouth-noises, but any kind of communicative symbols; writing counts, signing counts, and sure, synthetically generated beeps and blings can count too.

And even if they didn't count as "words", per se, yeah, nonverbal forms of media (like pictures and music) can convey a kind of meaning too, and that's actually what most of the next essay is about.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:25 pm UTC

The codex at http://geekofalltrades.org/codex/meaning.php wrote:"Bob, you ought not kill him" is equivalent, on my account, to "Bob, don't kill him!"; but "children ought to be protected" does not translate directly to some imperative like "children, be protected!", because the command is not issued at the children.
There's a simpler grammatical reason here though: The first case is a desire for a state of affairs, the second is a desire for an action. Actions are performed by (specific) actors. In the first case Bob is explicitly the one doing (or not doing) the killing... of a specific other person (the direct object of "kill", which is "him"). In the second case, there is no such. As you say, it's unspecified who is presumed to be protecting the children. So the two are not grammatically parallel; I would therefore not expect {insert fancy word} parallelism here.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:19 pm UTC

I'm not sure if that's meant to be a criticism of my position? I agree that moral statements in general are not directly translatable to imperatives per se; but because a narrower subset of moral statements do seem translatable to imperatives, my position is that moral statements are something like a superset of imperatives, "imperative-like" but broader.

Much like, in the terms you mention, someone performing an action is a state of affairs; but not ever state of affairs is one of someone performing an action. You can intend for some state of affairs to be the case, and one kind of thing you can intend to be the case is a state of affairs wherein someone is performing an action. Moral statements in general, on my account, impress intentions, generally; some of those intentions are for some specific someone to perform some action, and those directly translate to imperatives, while others are not of that specific form and so do not directly translate to imperatives, but their meaning can be analyzed by comparison to the ones that do. Take an imperative of the form "subject, verb object!", abstract whatever it is that differs between that and the sentence "subject verbs object", and then apply that thing you abstracted to any other descriptive sentence to get the meaning of the prescriptive sentence prescribing the same thing that descriptive sentence described.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:48 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:I'm not sure if that's meant to be a criticism of my position?
No, not a criticism. Rather, just looking at things in different ways. I wonder if there may be more levels of abstraction here than are warranted. This is why I went back to the difference between "Subject, verb object!" compared to "object ought to be verbed". The difference in meaning is clear from the grammar; the latter has no subject.
Spoiler:
Yes, grammatically "object" is the subject, "be" is the verb, and "be verbed" is a kind of object in that second version, but I think you see what I mean through the parallelism.
"The moon ought to be made of green cheese" doesn't imply that there is anybody whose moral imperative it would be to curdle it. It's merely a statement of preference for a world in which the moon was high in caesin. (And by the looks of the moon, governed by Switzerland).

It's the active voice vs the passive voice.

Jose

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 am UTC

Yeah, and I guess my whole position there is that the only reason moral statements aren't exactly equivalent to imperatives is that there's no way in natural English of saying an imperative in the passive voice. But if were to imagine (or construct) something that serves the same function as an imperative when in active voice, but also has a passive voice mode, that is the kind of thing I say moral statements are. That prescriptivity wrapped around an active-voice clause is equivalent to an imperative, but because our usual way of using imperatives doesn't allow passive voice, the exact same prescriptivity wrapped around a passive-voice clause doesn't translate to a natural-sounding imperative.

I'm going to write more about this in the upcoming essay On Logic and Mathematics, but you could imagine two logical functions, is() and be(), just our copulae in their indicative and imperative moods respectively, which take as argument a gerund clause like "subject verbing object". "is(subject verbing object)" means the indicative "subject is verbing object", while "be(subject verbing object)" means the imperative "subject, be verbing (i.e. verb) object". If that gerund clause is in the passive voice, "is(object verbed)", we have no trouble translating it to a natural English indicative, "object is verbed", but stick that same passive gerund into the other function, "be(object verbed)", and there isn't a natural English imperative sentence to convey the same thing. I think that that's just a limitation English happens to have, and doesn't really reflect anything profoundly philosophical, it's just what requires us to use circumlocutions with auxilliary verbs like "ought" and "should" to communicate that kind of opinion, and confuses philosophers about what moral sentences mean, since it puts them into a form that looks like they're indicative, descriptive statements.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:08 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:but stick that same passive gerund into the other function, "be(object verbed)", and there isn't a natural English imperative sentence to convey the same thing. I think that that's just a limitation English happens to have
Well, grammar is a response to the set of things people want to say. If there isn't a grammatical way to say something, it's probably something that people don't have much of a need to say. And that might be because the thing being not-said "isn't a thing".

(It's an issue I have with OOP also; in procedural programming we do things to data. In OOP we ask data to do things to itself.)

Perhaps prayer is the grammatical answer to be(object verbed). It's kind of what happens with OOP too. :)

Jose

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm UTC

There are lots of useful things to say that natural languages are bad at saying clearly. Take for example distinguishing between "every mouse is afraid of some cat" as meaning "for each mouse, there exists some cat or another that that mouse is afraid of" and as it meaning "there exists some particular cat, such that every single mouse is afraid of that one cat in particular". That's what we invented quantitative logic to clarify. (And before it was clarified, that ambiguity caused serious philosophical fallacies, e.g. "nothing comes from nothing, everything comes from something [or another]; therefore there exists some [one, particular] thing from which everything else came, and we call that God"). Basically all of symbolic logic is invented because natural languages can be really unclear on what exactly they're trying to say. (And when I get to my essay on logic and mathematics, I will describe my variant on symbolic logic that makes clarifying direction-of-fit and so on easier). That doesn't mean that those things aren't "a thing".

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:There are lots of useful things to say that natural languages are bad at saying clearly.
Well, how useful are they? The mouse/cat question is interesting, but as language developed, was there a call to distinguish between those two statements? I suspect (though I'm no linguist) that "stay away from big cats" was far more useful to say. It probably wasn't until the development of leisure philosophical thought that people became interested in how to precisely elucidate the correct set of fears a mouse ought to have. By that time, grammar was pretty much set.

Consider the attempts to alter grammar to eliminate gender in personal pronouns. While it's not an issue, grammar happily assumes (YLMV) genders are associated with things and people, and that it's therefore important. (How did that even get started??) But now that it's an issue for some, there are efforts to change it. It will change, but only because it's now necessary to be able to say "{some other person, previously specified, whose sex is irrelevant} picked up the book". So far, however, it has not been necessary to say "Alan picked up the {female} book". In Spanish, that would be silly, as books are masculine, no matter what their content. If you however wanted to ride a bus in the Dominican Republic, you could ride a (masculine) "autobus" or a (feminine) "guagua", but not the other way around. There's no need to make a point of it.

So, yes, there are useful things to say that grammar makes difficult. When there is sufficient need to say them, grammar will respond with a solution, which may sound odd at first, but we'll get used to it.

Pfhorrest wrote:And before it was clarified, that ambiguity caused serious philosophical fallacies, e.g. "nothing comes from nothing, everything comes from something [or another]; therefore there exists some [one, particular] thing from which everything else came, and we call that God"
Ask me why a ham sandwich is better than complete happiness. Humor aside, grammar isn't the reason for belief in God. There's nothing wrong with the sentence, or the logic behind it. What is wrong is the premise, and perhaps our concept of "nothingness". And sure, the sentence "nothing comes from nothing" is literally ambiguous, but that ambiguity is not a philosophical thing.

Language is a means of communication, not a means of thought. Yes, language can pre-load thoughts and attitudes, but anybody interested can work their way around it.

So, at what point do you think that be(object, verbed) was an important thing to communicate, and to whom?

Jose

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:45 am UTC

you could say that the invention of symbolic logics just is the adaptation of grammar to suit a need, just a need that only a subset of the population seems to care about.

the logic behind that God sentence is just as bad as the logic in the ham sandwich joke, and the point isn’t that grammar made people believe in God, but that grammar hides why that’s a bad argument for God. it doesn’t hinge on “nothing comes from nothing”, BTW , but on “something”. the premise “everything comes from something” means “for each thing, there exists some thing or another from which that thing came”. (“nothing comes from nothing” means the equivalent “there exists no thing such that there exists no thing that that thing came from”). the conclusion “there exists some particular thing from which all other things come” is treated as equivalent, since that could also be phrased “everything comes from something”, but it’s not equivalent; “everything comes from something” can mean two different things, and the first doesn’t imply the second.

anyway, i’d say that “be object verbed” became a useful thing to say at least as far back as written laws addressed to whole communities instead of commands from parent to children.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 am UTC

ETA: grammar does already allow for saying things like these, it just sounds archaic to modern ears.

even latin had “fiat” which functions just like my be() function. “fiat lux” doesn’t describe there being light, it doesn’t tell any in particular to make like, it just commands the existence of light, which we render in english as “let there be” light, though i would say that “be there x” has nicer parallelism with “there is x”, even if it sounds archaic to modern ears. there are subject verbing object; be there subjects verbing ovjects.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:58 pm UTC

Yes, you have a point there. But
Pfhorrest wrote:even latin had “fiat” which functions just like my be() function. “fiat lux” [...] commands the existence of light...
I don't know enough latin grammar to say (but this is the internet, right?), however a command is a statement =to= some entity. In this case, I suppose, to the universe itself? Probably not to the (as yet nonexistent) light. When one says "let there be light", there is an expectation of light in the offing. So, yes, a command of some sort, and in this case an unstated assumption that the universe is capable of hearing, interpreting, and responding to such utterances.

Another interpretation is "it would be really nice for there to be light, if you know what I'm getting at", stated in a manner to be overheard by minions who, while not getting a direct command, know what's best for them. It might be useful grammatically to separate these (perhaps more than) two kinds of commands. It certainly is useful in a legal sense to do so.

Pfhorrest wrote:...the conclusion “there exists some particular thing from which all other things come” is [erroniously] treated as equivalent...
Agreed. One god or many gods? But what does follow is "at least one Creator". It's the gliding over of how th{is|ese} Creator(s) came to be where the actual error lies. It's not in the grammar (though I agree that human language grammar is ambiguous, with the one possible exception of a conlang whose name escapes me).
Pfhorrest wrote:anyway, i’d say that “be object verbed” became a useful thing to say at least as far back as written laws addressed to whole communities instead of commands from parent to children.
Less useful, because more ambiguous, than "{you} are responsible for verbing object." Written laws establish responsibility and consequence. "Be object verbed" does not.

Jose

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 am UTC

This one kind of rambles all over the place:

On Rhetoric and the Arts.

Much of this was not originally part of the structure of the Codex as I once had it planned, so this is possibly the newest, least gone-over subject in the whole series, save perhaps for the very last essay which likewise was kind of a late addition to the plan.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri May 10, 2019 8:26 am UTC

Hoo boy, this one turned out longer and more intricate than I expected, and now it's past the 13th hour by the time I finished it:

On Logic and Mathematics.

I felt like I really got in over my head on this topic, and maybe went too far out of philosophy and into mathematics where I am not really anything close to an expert, when I'm just trying to talk about the philosophy of mathematics, including logic.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 pm UTC

Shit just got real as I prematurely finished this week's essay:

On Ontology, Being, and the Objects of Reality.

Once again I've been drowning in stress and anxiety from real life and have felt really uncertain in the quality of my writing for this essay but right now I'm kinda feeling like maybe it's a little okay. I'd like to know if it makes any sense to anyone else, though.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 am UTC

If you don't mind, maybe you should, after you read this week's essay:

On Mind and the Subjects of Reality.

I'm still drowning in anxiety and existential dread this week (spoiler alert: the last essay of this series is kind of about that, entirely coincidentally) so this has been written through a thick mental fog and I have no idea how much shit it may or may not be.

Honestly, the further I get in writing these essay, the more this entire project feels like it's merely the skeleton of what a proper take on this subject would be, and that all of my positions are just things that other people have already argued for at much greater length and in much better quality, and my only real contribution if any is the structure of how these all fit together and support each other, and that if this is ever actually going to be anything worth reading, I'm going to need to some day get some younger, smarter or at least less addled-by-life, more educated philosophy grad student or something to help fill in all of the work of prior philosophers that I'm just kinda skimming over and name dropping in my rush to get to the point in the few hours I have each week to work on this.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:20 am UTC

I don't know how good this week's essay is, but after writing it I should:

On Epistemology and the Methods of Knowledge.

Insert standard disclaimer about how I'm still in a fog of anxiety even half a year later now and I feel like my output on the project is shit and not worth doing but I'm still doing it anyway.

On top of that, I expect a lot of descriptivists on this forum especially are going to particularly hate the ending of this one.

Return to “Your art and links”