IE
2%
Safari
2%

Total votes: 830

ian

Re: Opera, Chrome, Firefox, OR?

Postby ian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 am UTC

Alexander The 1st wrote:Personally, I prefer IE because it loads faster on all the computers I've seen that have FireFox and IE [All Windows XP computers, but on my Vista computer, IE still loads very fast] and hey; if I'm going to browse the internet, it's usually because I want to browse it NOW, not in a minute or so, so that it can be all 'proper' and such.

I don't know about you, but I restart/turn on my computer no more than once a day, and given I never really have a need to close my browser, 10 seconds a day (not that there is probably that much of a difference) doesn't really mean much, especially if it means extra functionality.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:40 am UTC

Looking at the results, we are far superior to the actual market share.

Personally I use firefox most of the time still, but I am slowly moving over to Chrome. I like Chrome. It feels nice.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Eudoxia

Postby Eudoxia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:33 am UTC

Firefox on Windows is a bloated piece of shit, specially with all those add-ons from hell.

Firefox on Linux is a frkn godsend...

Opera is like saying "lol i use a browzar no-one uses, I'm a pretentious faggot". No, that was a joke. It was nice on XP, haven't used it on Linux.

SeaMonkey is also very good. It includes an email client, IRC client, and an HTML composer. and the browser, of course. It was fast, super stable (Actually I used it for five months and it never crashed on me) but had problems rendering Facebook.

Currently I'm using Chromium on Linux and Firefox Minefield. Chromium may lack some features, but it's twice as fast as Google Chrome, it's open source, and Google is not spying on you!

Also Minefield is the shit.

Alexander The 1st

Postby Alexander The 1st » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:19 am UTC

ian wrote:
Alexander The 1st wrote:Personally, I prefer IE because it loads faster on all the computers I've seen that have FireFox and IE [All Windows XP computers, but on my Vista computer, IE still loads very fast] and hey; if I'm going to browse the internet, it's usually because I want to browse it NOW, not in a minute or so, so that it can be all 'proper' and such.

I don't know about you, but I restart/turn on my computer no more than once a day, and given I never really have a need to close my browser, 10 seconds a day (not that there is probably that much of a difference) doesn't really mean much, especially if it means extra functionality.

For this, its only really notable at my university, where I use the computers provided there [Since I only own a desktop, and my sister's old laptop is lying around, but it's not technically mine [My mother wants to take ownership of it; besides, it's old, runs XP, and has horrible battery life - not to mention a horrible keyboard]], and for those, you log on to a computer, and wait for it to load. Then, while it's fully loading, I open up Firefox, then, while nothing appears for a couple seconds [No splash screen or anything - at least Adobe does that to indicate that you've open their products], I instead open up IE, and instant loading up of the browser window, with a slight lag before you can actually type in a website and go there. Don't even have to wait for it to fully load the home site even. Useful if, like me, you get to a lab before the last bus, and have no more than five minutes to kill before you need to go to the stop.

On the Mac side, both Firefox and Safari load up their icon fast, but not the actual window for Firefox. Of course, Safari has its inexcusable random intro movie to it, which is just uncalled for.

Personally, the only added functionality I can think of that Firefox is better for is the add-on that allows you to see where you go wrong with your HTML [Mostly better with Python scripts, but only to a degree], and if you're doing it right, that's useless.
...YOU DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING...

adanedhel728

Postby adanedhel728 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 am UTC

I used to use Firefox almost exclusively, but in Windows I got really sick of the startup time. If there's a system load, like I'm rendering a movie in Premiere, Firefox takes forever to load up. There have actually been multiple times, and I'm not even kidding, that I clicked on the FF icon, got frustrated waiting for it to open, so I clicked on IE, did whatever it is I wanted to do, closed IE, and then FF opened. So I switched to Chrome in Windows, but I still use FF in Ubuntu. If it weren't for the better startup time, I wouldn't use Chrome.

But I'll only use Facebook in Firefox (and therefore only in Ubuntu) because I can't get Greasemonkey scripts to work in Chrome (in spite of the fact that there are supposed to be methods for it, I've never gotten them to work). I need those Greasemonkey scripts to filter out all the crap in facebook.

And another disadvantage of Chrome is that Privoxy isn't nearly as good as AdBlock Plus :(

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:15 am UTC

What is going on with your machine? FF starts in a couple seconds on my worst PC, with a 2001 30GB 2.5" 4200RPM HDD. It's well under 1 second in Arch64, and around 1 second in Win7.

You may wish to see if there are 3rd-party static builds that are compatible with your add-ons, in case maybe your AV scanning many files is slowing it down...though it could be that Windows is just making loading all of the files in your profile very slow, prioritizing your movie.
DSenette: (...) on the whole, even a trained killer cow is kind of stupid.

adanedhel728

Postby adanedhel728 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:43 am UTC

The machine I'm using is a pretty cheap Dell, which I don't doubt contributes to how slow FF starts up. It's probably about a year and a half old.

To tell you the truth, I don't understand the first sentence of your second paragraph, though :\ It's a little over my head tech-wise.

And I'm not actually trying to say that Firefox is bad... I'm just saying that I've had this particular frustration with the Windows version. Cold, with nothing running in the background in Win7, it takes from about 4 to 7 seconds to start up. With a load, it can be about a minute, though I've never actually timed it. I think it's a little faster if I disable the addons.

hazyarc

Postby hazyarc » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:31 am UTC

Currently I am using Conkeror as my main browser.
It is a xulrunner based browser inspired by emacs and is very customizable.
Most firefox addons that I use work with it so everything is good.
Another interesting browser is Uzbl, which can be embedded in Emacs.
Uzbl is also very customizable and uses Webkit.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:10 pm UTC

I really liked Firefox, but it has some weird bug in Linux that makes it lag like shit when I'm scrolling.
Chrome is way faster, but it doesn't have the autoscroll (It has it in Windows, but not in Linux, what the fuck?!)

I really want to use Arora, but for some reason it segfaults in my version of Ubuntu. :roll:

I need something that has loads of extensions like Ad-block, but that isn't slow and laggy as shit. Maybe there's a FF 3.5 for Linux now.. I'll have to give that a shot.
Also, Chrome for Linux does support Ogg Theora / Vorbis IIRC.

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:33 pm UTC

My Ubuntu install CD came with 3.5 preinstalled, so yes, it is very available.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:43 pm UTC

Yeah, I got 3.5 from the Ubuntu 9.04 repos, but it's calling it "Shiretoko" for some reason, and the logo is weird. Whatever. It has Adblock.

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:00 pm UTC

lulzfish wrote:Yeah, I got 3.5 from the Ubuntu 9.04 repos, but it's calling it "Shiretoko" for some reason, and the logo is weird. Whatever. It has Adblock.
No, that's perfectly normal. The blue globe, and code names, come with the nonbranded versions, alphas, betas, and trunks.

Robstickle

Postby Robstickle » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:26 pm UTC

Well I'm using Firefox 3.5 at the moment but that's just because I'm trying out the Ubuntu 9.10 demo trial thing, as soon as I install it properly I intend to hunt down opera and get it working. I can't live without my speed dial.

Of course I'll still have to use Firefox for certain things (most recent example being googlewave).

Roĝer

Postby Roĝer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:00 pm UTC

Why does Conkeror have name so close to Konqueror?
Ik ben niet koppig, ik heb gewoon gelijk.

remo451

Postby remo451 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 pm UTC

I'm using Firefox 3.5 on Ubuntu 9.10 and Chrome on whatever brand of Windows I'm using. Chromium on Linux is nice, but still buggy. I am stuck with an older machine, so speed and stability are important to me. Firefox has the nice addons and such, but not quite the speed of Chrome. I would prefer to use Firefox 24/7 if it wasn't so darn slow sometimes.

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:50 am UTC

I've found myself using opera for when firefox takes too long to start up - it's a great browser.
The only problems are:

add-ons:
no ad-block element hiding extension
no image zoom (right-click+wheel for zoom levels, right+left for full screen zoom)
no xmarks
no save image in folder for organising wallpapers I download into categories
most importantly - no quota plugin, meaning I can't have a handy graph of how much internet quota I have left on the toolbar.

other:
It's missing the awesomebar
mouse gestures can't contain things like scroll to top or next tab
The renderings just aren't as nice

And as for google chrome.....
I just hate that the fonts in the toolbar are so massive.
I'm not blind, I don't need GIANT TEXT
Until I can configure that, I don't care about speed at all.
It's lacking so much, even if I install xmarks and mouse gestures.
all the things I wanted for opera, without any of the handy features opera adds.
It manages to make everything look so MASSIVE in the interface, like it's made from duplo.
Oh, and as for spell-checking and dictionaries.... Opera>Firefox>Chrome (chrome has none, it appears)

My ideal browser would essentially be a cross between opera and firefox, or opera if it supported firefox addons.
As I can see it, Chrome is best for basic users, and opera/firefox are best for advanced users, depending on preferences.

Here's the 3 laid out side by side in win7.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:40 am UTC

Woegjiub wrote:no ad-block element hiding extension

Right click empty part of page>Block Content. A prebuilt urlfilter.ini for Opera.
Woegjiub wrote:no image zoom (right-click+wheel for zoom levels, right+left for full screen zoom)

Control+Scroll Wheel? Or are you saying something that I'm not understanding correctly?
Woegjiub wrote:no xmarks

Opera Link. Go register an account on My Opera. It'll optionally sync typed history, bookmarks, speed dial, notes, searches, and your personal bar.
Woegjiub wrote:no save image in folder for organising wallpapers I download into categories

You have me slighty confused here, is there something wrong with manually picking the folder? It's not like your computer knows how you're going to categorize it...
Woegjiub wrote:most importantly - no quota plugin, meaning I can't have a handy graph of how much internet quota I have left on the toolbar.

Hmm...I'd have to look into that, but really, shouldn't your ISP have a page to tell you this with? (And I'd sure hope it's one that doesn't count towards your cap).

But hey, you can turn on Opera Turbo to reduce your transfer usage!
Woegjiub wrote:It's missing the awesomebar

My understanding of the awesomebar is...that it's exactly the same as Opera's standard URL bar. Unless it does something other than search through your history and bookmarks?
Woegjiub wrote:mouse gestures can't contain things like scroll to top or next tab

Switch to Next Page? And I can't find something that is specifically scroll to top, but something like "Scroll Up, 65535" should be more than sufficient to fake it. Unless you hit a really, really long page.
Woegjiub wrote:The renderings just aren't as nice

Look pretty much the same as any other browser I've used...

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:Right click empty part of page>Block Content. A prebuilt urlfilter.ini for Opera.

It's a clumsy alternative at best, and it doesn't allow me to highligt different divs and block them, in the same way that web developer addons higlight different sections.
Amnesiasoft wrote:Control+Scroll Wheel? Or are you saying something that I'm not understanding correctly?

Right-click + left click = stretch image to window size, keeping proportions, right click + middle = original size.
It's minor, but damn handy.
Amnesiasoft wrote:Opera Link. Go register an account on My Opera. It'll optionally sync typed history, bookmarks, speed dial, notes, searches, and your personal bar.

Xmarks is browser-independent, which is handy.
But that's almost as good.
Amnesiasoft wrote:You have me slighty confused here, is there something wrong with manually picking the folder? It's not like your computer knows how you're going to categorize it...

Basically, I right-click on an image, highlight save image in folder on the menu, and it has a list of folders I've set up.
So I don't have to keep navigating in that stupid save as dialogue: it's rightclick, move mouse over category, left click.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/614
Amnesiasoft wrote:Hmm...I'd have to look into that, but really, shouldn't your ISP have a page to tell you this with? (And I'd sure hope it's one that doesn't count towards your cap).

There is, but that requires opening a bookmark, logging in, and then clicking on that page again.
Which is far more tedious than casting my eye over a graph, and the data representation they have is nowhere near as detailed.
Of course, if Australian internet were not so shite..... but that's another story.
Amnesiasoft wrote:But hey, you can turn on Opera Turbo to reduce your transfer usage!

Haha, browsing takes up almost nothing :p
It's all downloads and streaming - I have a mere 60 gigs, but it's the best available in the country for ADSL2+ at $60.
Amnesiasoft wrote:My understanding of the awesomebar is...that it's exactly the same as Opera's standard URL bar. Unless it does something other than search through your history and bookmarks?

Basically, the main feature of the awesomebar that is missing in opera is being able to get a google "I'm feeling lucky" instead of a google search.
eg:
type in "chucks", and it takes you to the converse website. Opera takes me to http://www.chucks.com, which makes no sense.
type in "tpb", you're taken to the pirate bay. Opera takes me to http://www.tpb.com.au, which is a squatted domain.
Luckily, it still allows binding searches, so "wiki throbbing gristle" will give the wikipedia page for throbbing gristle.

Amnesiasoft wrote:Switch to Next Page? And I can't find something that is specifically scroll to top, but something like "Scroll Up, 65535" should be more than sufficient to fake it. Unless you hit a really, really long page.

Oh, thankyou so much!!!
:)

Amnesiasoft wrote:Look pretty much the same as any other browser I've used...

It's just minor stuff, but look at the smilies in the 3 browsers.
opera and chrome put annoying bounding boxes there.
there are other things, like pages that will scale nicely with zooming in firefox will have elements jump and move in other browsers.
I have everything zoomed out to a ridiculous level because my vision's better than 20/20
Oh, and opera's transparency and css leaves things to be desired (see attached pic for an example)
One final thing is that it doesn't remember my personal zoom levels for different websites, which is irritating because some sites have huge interfaces done in graphics with css, which can't just be fixed by overriding the default font size with 6 point.
hmmm, imageshack doesn't work properly in opera, either - the interface is all over the place, and buttons are missing.

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:27 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:
Woegjiub wrote:no ad-block element hiding extension

Right click empty part of page>Block Content. A prebuilt urlfilter.ini for Opera.
In Opera, try using that right-click menu to block non-visible content, like an external script, stylesheet, invisible tracker element, etc., or content nested inside benign elements (many sites have ads which are visible, but not selectable for content blocking).

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:31 am UTC

Woegjiub wrote:Xmarks is browser-independent, which is handy.

Which still requires you install something in another browser. You can still get to your bookmarks on the My Opera page.
Woegjiub wrote:Basically, I right-click on an image, highlight save image in folder on the menu, and it has a list of folders I've set up.

I'd imagine you can probably customize the menu to add such options. But I've not really looked into customizing menus in Opera enough to know.
Woegjiub wrote:There is, but that requires opening a bookmark, logging in, and then clicking on that page again.

You can always turn the page into a panel. Still not quite what you want, but, whatever.
Woegjiub wrote:Basically, the main feature of the awesomebar that is missing in opera is being able to get a google "I'm feeling lucky" instead of a google search.
eg:
type in "chucks", and it takes you to the converse website. Opera takes me to http://www.chucks.com, which makes no sense.
type in "tpb", you're taken to the pirate bay. Opera takes me to http://www.tpb.com.au, which is a squatted domain.
Luckily, it still allows binding searches, so "wiki throbbing gristle" will give the wikipedia page for throbbing gristle.

I know there's some way to make Opera use Google's I'm feeling lucky, I just can't find it at the moment...I've personally never liked that.
As for the others, if you nickname a bookmark, you can just type in the nickname to visit it.
Woegjiub wrote:Oh, and opera's transparency and css leaves things to be desired (see attached pic for an example)
hmmm, imageshack doesn't work properly in opera, either - the interface is all over the place, and buttons are missing.

That's odd, because Last.fm shows up just fine for me. As does Imageshack (well, I have to unblock the flash uploader, but that's still not related to it being rendered with an incorrect layout).
Woegjiub wrote:One final thing is that it doesn't remember my personal zoom levels for different websites, which is irritating because some sites have huge interfaces done in graphics with css, which can't just be fixed by overriding the default font size with 6 point.

Can you link me to a page that works like that? I'm sure I can find a solution!

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:Which still requires you install something in another browser. You can still get to your bookmarks on the My Opera page.

Perhaps a firefox/chrome addon to utilise this would be better then.....
Amnesiasoft wrote:I'd imagine you can probably customize the menu to add such options. But I've not really looked into customizing menus in Opera enough to know.

http://my.opera.com/BleedingHeart/blog/ ... -for-opera
It lacks the GUI, but seems good enough.
Amnesiasoft wrote:You can always turn the page into a panel. Still not quite what you want, but, whatever.

I could live with opening firefox every now and then....
Amnesiasoft wrote:I know there's some way to make Opera use Google's I'm feeling lucky, I just can't find it at the moment...I've personally never liked that.

It's just irritating that it'll take me to stupid obscure sites instead of even googling by default.
Eg: "isohunt" will take me to isohunt.com.au, which is a squatted domain, instead of the generic top level domain.
This behaviour makes no sense.
As for the others, if you nickname a bookmark, you can just type in the nickname to visit it.
Amnesiasoft wrote:That's odd, because Last.fm shows up just fine for me. As does Imageshack (well, I have to unblock the flash uploader, but that's still not related to it being rendered with an incorrect layout).

I don't know what's wrong, then.... check out how deviantart renders.
Amnesiasoft wrote:Can you link me to a page that works like that? I'm sure I can find a solution!

http://www.facebook.com
It has zoom=100 every time I load any page, instead of firefox's behaviour of saving my zoom settings per page.

I'm really wondering why it's doing this:
It happens on all sites with extensive use of CSS and small images.

hotaru

Postby hotaru » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 am UTC

Woegjiub wrote:And as for google chrome.....

there is no text in the toolbar except the address thing, and that text is exactly the same size as in firefox.

Code: Select all

factorial product enumFromTo 1
isPrime n 
factorial (1) `mod== 1

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 am UTC

hotaru wrote:
Woegjiub wrote:And as for google chrome.....

there is no text in the toolbar except the address thing, and that text is exactly the same size as in firefox.

And on the tabs.
Check the image of the three side by side up there: the URL bar and tab text is far too large.
It may be the same by default, but I shrunk the text on my firefox's interface, and did the same in opera.
In general, text is too large - it's annoying.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 am UTC

Yeah, I really have no idea why it's doing those weird renderings on sites for you. deviantArt renders just as I expect it to as well. Maybe you should talk with the Opera devs about that? Sounds like a bug of some sort to me.

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 pm UTC

I use Chrome for most things. I just enjoy the feel of it, and the fact that it doesn't bloat up like firefox when left running with many tabs open for a long time.

I still use Firefox for visiting sites with annoying ads (meaning any ad that moves across the screen, flashes loudly, or has any noise at all). If a website owner wants to allow ads that do that, they can deal with me not giving them ad views. I also use it to keep track of all the webcomics I check (so I can catch up on them once a week).
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

oatkiller

Postby oatkiller » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 pm UTC

safari duh

Bretteur

Postby Bretteur » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 pm UTC

So, I just converted to Chrome. Why? Because it now supports extensions. Just about everything I used for Firefox except for Greasemonkey is there.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:35 am UTC

Bretteur wrote:So, I just converted to Chrome. Why? Because it now supports extensions. Just about everything I used for Firefox except for Greasemonkey is there.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/

I still need save image in folder, down them all, video download helper, web developer plugin, about:config, firebug and image zoom.

It looks like a step in the right direction though, especially as it'll be one of the only ways to install things into ChromeOS.

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 pm UTC

@OP

I just use whatever the default browser is on the OS I'm using. (Firefox on Ubuntu, Safari on Mac, MobileSafari on iPhone, IE on Window$) for day-to-day purposes. I use Chrome and Opera and anything I can get to run on Ubuntu (or in a VM on Ubuntu) for testing purposes.

As for my browser of choice, Firefox for its simplicity yet extensibility. Opera is nice too but it takes too long to start up and I don't like the non-native looking themes. The numerous features also make it hard for me to find what I'm looking for.
ImageImage
http://internetometer.com/give/4279
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

yurf_rendenmein

Postby yurf_rendenmein » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:11 pm UTC

I've made it a point to try all 5 of these browsers a while ago, and I have to say that Google Chrome is my favorite and Safari is my least favorite. I use Google Chrome regularly, and once in a while I'll use Firefox

tekk

Postby tekk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:51 am UTC

Firefox on a technicality, I actually use GNU Icecat

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:45 am UTC

tekk wrote:Firefox on a technicality, I actually use GNU Icecat

IceWeasel is better. :p

Zetetic1123

Postby Zetetic1123 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:41 pm UTC

It would be Opera were it not for 3 words "Ad Block Plus". It doesn't run on Opera, so its Firefox for me.

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 am UTC

Zetetic1123 wrote:It would be Opera were it not for 3 words "Ad Block Plus". It doesn't run on Opera, so its Firefox for me.

That and Greasemonkey.
ImageImage
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

Zetetic1123

Postby Zetetic1123 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:17 am UTC

Actually... BonziBuddy told me that its unAmerican to use any browser besides IE.

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 am UTC

Zetetic1123 wrote:Actually... BonziBuddy told me that its unAmerican to use any browser besides IE.

*cringe*
ImageImage

Roĝer

Postby Roĝer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:33 pm UTC

That would be a good reason to stop listening to people who use the word 'unAmerican'.
Ik ben niet koppig, ik heb gewoon gelijk.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 am UTC

TheChewanater wrote:
Zetetic1123 wrote:It would be Opera were it not for 3 words "Ad Block Plus". It doesn't run on Opera, so its Firefox for me.

That and Greasemonkey.

I don't even know why I try anymore, in fact, I don't think I am going to. I'll just watch Dollhouse instead.

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:11 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:
TheChewanater wrote:

That and Greasemonkey.

I don't even know why I try anymore, in fact, I don't think I am going to. I'll just watch Dollhouse instead.

Well, yes, there are "custom user scripts" that need to be manually installed. I don't like Opera's ad blocker, though.
ImageImage

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 am UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:
TheChewanater wrote:

That and Greasemonkey.

You managed to convince me to use opera more often, when firefox is taking too long.
The main reason people don't swap is that opera offers minimal returns for the change in layout, fell and a slight increase in work required as opposed to the sleek firefox ways.
That said... opera unite, the extra speed and compliance to web standards, the smoother feel, and the similar featureset to firefox with a far smaller footprint... It's my #2 browser, and I imagine there would be far more people using it if it were open sourced with addons.

Return to “Religious Wars”