Battle of the Doctors

Please compose all posts in Emacs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Which doctor would win in a fight

Doctor House
21
20%
Doctor McCoy
11
11%
The Doctor
72
69%
 
Total votes: 104

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Battle of the Doctors

Postby You, sir, name? » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 pm UTC

It's the battle of the doctors.

I'd put their stats like this:

Doctor House:
  • Manipulative Bastard: +3 to scheming.
  • Bum leg: -2 penalty to DEX.
  • Can recover HP with Vicodin.

Doctor McCoy:
  • Summon Kirk. - Summons a (level-1) Kirk to fight for him for 10 turns.
  • "He's Dead, Jim!" - Spell-like ability. Target must pass a will check or instantly die. Afterward, Bones enters a state of "I'm a doctor, not a brawler!" for 2 turns, and looses all offensive capabilities for the duration.

The Doctor has a plot armor a mile wide.
  • Time Lord: HP regenerates 12 times before dying.
  • Base INT of 15.
  • Dalek survivor: A cone of daze and mind-bogglement, as well as a morale penalty to all sentient hostile creatures. 3 times per day.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Okapi
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:37 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Okapi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 am UTC

Aagh! The Doctor or House--I- I can't decide!


EDIT: Actually, in a fight, Timelord wins every time, even if House has a cane and an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and poisons.

User avatar
scarecrovv
It's pronounced 'double u'
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:09 pm UTC
Location: California

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby scarecrovv » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:06 am UTC

I was wondering why The Doctor had so many votes, until I realized you were talking about The Doctor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_(Doctor_Who)

not The Doctor:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Doctor

Yes, The Doctor with the phone booth would win handily. The Doctor made of light would be invincible for the first 10 seconds, while the others were wondering why he was immune to bullets, and then somebody would hit his mobile emitter and he would be deactivated. He might last a little bit longer as the ECH, but would still lose to The Doctor with the phone booth.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby b.i.o » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am UTC

Okapi wrote:EDIT: Actually, in a fight, Timelord wins every time, even if House has a cane and an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and poisons.

Especially because Time Lord anatomy is not identical to human anatomy in at least one very important way.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7569
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby phlip » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:22 am UTC

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Garzahd
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Garzahd » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:53 pm UTC

I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.

User avatar
headprogrammingczar
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Beaming you up

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby headprogrammingczar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:13 pm UTC

I approve.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 pm UTC

On a similar note, I've for some time wanted to see a Highlander / Torchwood crossover, alternatively have Duncan McLeod dash by in the middle of an episode and decapitate Harkness dead.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7569
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby phlip » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am UTC

Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.

Wasn't he one of the many in Curse of Fatal Death? If that counts, which it doesn't...

[edit] Wait, no, I got mixed up with Hugh Grant. Yeah, Hugh Laurie would make a much better Doctor than Hugh Grant would.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
The EGE
not very good at pickup limes
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby The EGE » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

I'd like to submit a write-in vote for the good Doctor McNinja.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

User avatar
Dason
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 am UTC
Location: ~/

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Dason » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 pm UTC

The EGE wrote:I'd like to submit a write-in vote for the good Doctor McNinja.

I second this submission!
double epsilon = -.0000001;

User avatar
Vyn
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:48 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Vyn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 pm UTC

Can I put in a vote to submit Doctor Victor Von Doom? Or would that be going to far...
I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity, flourish.

User avatar
headprogrammingczar
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Beaming you up

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby headprogrammingczar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 pm UTC

Doctor Strangelove?
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

User avatar
idobox
Posts: 1591
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm UTC
Location: Marseille, France

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby idobox » Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm UTC

Seriously, the doctor defeated every imaginable other-worldly omnipotent threat with a sonic screwdriver.
He could turn House into a puppy loving air headed pop star before breakfast.
And yeah, dr McNinja is awesome, and would probably put up a good fight. But I don't see how he could win.
If there is no answer, there is no question. If there is no solution, there is no problem.

Waffles to space = 100% pure WIN.

User avatar
Cleverbeans
Posts: 1378
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Cleverbeans » Fri May 07, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

I assume Dr Doom was left out since he'd trivialize the competition?
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Welsh Mullet
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: South Wales

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Welsh Mullet » Sun May 09, 2010 9:29 pm UTC

The Doctor's is bigger than Rory's :3

Jof16's
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Jof16's » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm UTC

Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


I agree. If the series continues, I want him as the last regenerations (I believe it was stated at some point in the series that a Time lord could only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 unique identities).

drjohnjack
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby drjohnjack » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 pm UTC

It thought I should go for the doctor house. I just though it would be a better choice.

SpaceShipRat
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby SpaceShipRat » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:07 pm UTC

Not fair, two of those are only human! In a "The Doctor" vs House situation, House might stand a chance if he can get to know him, he is easy to manipulate with all the demons he carries, and his soft squishy hearth.

User avatar
hintss
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby hintss » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 am UTC

the doctor. dur...

User avatar
a_shrub
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby a_shrub » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 pm UTC

The Doctor (EMH)'s stats
1. Blinding Distraction - Can be used with almost any light source but is less effective when used against an opponent with sunglasses
2 .. ?

The Doctor would just sonic The Doctor's mobile emitter, no contest - that is, if he wasn't blinded by the shiny giving the opportunity for The Doctor phase his hand into his chest and squeeze his heart.

Doctor McDreamy
1. What? Noooooooo.
1. Honest, I don't live under a bridge;
a) ... it's just a bad day
b) ... but if I did, it would connect words.
c) ... what are they doing right outside my window with the mail server?
d) ... all of the above
e) ... none of the waffles.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 am UTC

a_shrub wrote:The Doctor (EMH)'s stats


The EMH's stats:
Made of light - Immune to most forms of physical attack.
Won't you ever shut up?! (Permanent 5 m^2 aura) - Is incredibly irritating, and has a large chance to draw the attention of attackers towards him.
Medical Doctor From The Future - Can heal basically anything. Unless they're deader than dead. Or the emitter is broken.

The EMH's mobile emitter's stats:
Estimated HP ~ 3
Wings of glass - Has no resistance to anything. Especially not dust. Or moisture. Or bumps. Or loud noises. Or sneezing in an adjacent room.
Obvious Target - It might as well have red concentric rings painted on it.
Weird technology from the future - Can only be healed by consuming one Deus Ex Machina, a metric ton of phlebotnium, or at the end of the episode.
Did I mention it malfunctions a lot?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6568
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby Thesh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm UTC

headprogrammingczar wrote:Doctor Strangelove?


He has a very short reach, low mobility, and his only defense is to hide in a bunker with lots of women.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

fooliam
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby fooliam » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm UTC

Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


That would just be fantastic. Seriously would be the greatest thing to ever happen in Television.
Image

Bought ME2 based on my totally useful poll :-)

tuseroni
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby tuseroni » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 pm UTC

scarecrovv wrote:I was wondering why The Doctor had so many votes, until I realized you were talking about The Doctor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_(Doctor_Who)

not The Doctor:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Doctor

Yes, The Doctor with the phone booth would win handily. The Doctor made of light would be invincible for the first 10 seconds, while the others were wondering why he was immune to bullets, and then somebody would hit his mobile emitter and he would be deactivated. He might last a little bit longer as the ECH, but would still lose to The Doctor with the phone booth.

i thought that too, thats why i didnt vote for him...
Image

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 am UTC

Jof16's wrote:
Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


I agree. If the series continues, I want him as the last regenerations (I believe it was stated at some point in the series that a Time lord could only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 unique identities).


I think it's also possible to circumvent this though. I seem to recall at one point, the Master had used up all his regenerations but was able to steal some more from another timelord somehow.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:30 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Jof16's wrote:
Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


I agree. If the series continues, I want him as the last regenerations (I believe it was stated at some point in the series that a Time lord could only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 unique identities).


I think it's also possible to circumvent this though. I seem to recall at one point, the Master had used up all his regenerations but was able to steal some more from another timelord somehow.


Yeah. Because there's an abundance of those around...
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

SpaceShipRat
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 pm UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby SpaceShipRat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 pm UTC

Let's just say the writers can do whatever they want... DW brings "loose canon" to whole new levels.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:28 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
Jof16's wrote:
Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


I agree. If the series continues, I want him as the last regenerations (I believe it was stated at some point in the series that a Time lord could only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 unique identities).


I think it's also possible to circumvent this though. I seem to recall at one point, the Master had used up all his regenerations but was able to steal some more from another timelord somehow.


Yeah. Because there's an abundance of those around...


For a race that's supposedly extinct and time-locked, they do seem to make an appearance quite often.

Besides, we're already on number 11 now so unless the writers can ass-pull a reason to give the Doctor more regenerations, the series will end soon.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
CaptainPerson
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am UTC

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby CaptainPerson » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 am UTC

The Doctor would win hands down. Those 900 years of experience of 'combat' against the galaxy's most fearsome enemies armed with near enough nothing (people seem to forget that from the Fifth Doctor onwards until the reboot they got rid of the screwdriver to avoid it becoming a MacGuffin that can do anything they need it to. Ooh the irony...) would aid him better than advanced anatomy knowledge. Simple.
Plus, bowties are cool.

SlyReaper wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
Jof16's wrote:
Garzahd wrote:I want Hugh Laurie as one of The Doctor's regenerations. Now that would be awesome.


I agree. If the series continues, I want him as the last regenerations (I believe it was stated at some point in the series that a Time lord could only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 unique identities).


I think it's also possible to circumvent this though. I seem to recall at one point, the Master had used up all his regenerations but was able to steal some more from another timelord somehow.


Yeah. Because there's an abundance of those around...


For a race that's supposedly extinct and time-locked, they do seem to make an appearance quite often.

Besides, we're already on number 11 now so unless the writers can ass-pull a reason to give the Doctor more regenerations, the series will end soon.


It's true about timelords only having 12 regenerations I think from what I remember from the original series, but The Master always seems to be getting around this, despite having died about 20 times. So I'm confident they'll figure a way to keep him going easily.
Probably that darn screwdriver...

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 am UTC

I suppose they could declare the 1996 movie non-canon so the Doctor can have one more regeneration that way.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7569
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Battle of the Doctors

Postby phlip » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 pm UTC

I think one of the settings on the sonic screwdriver can grant extra regenerations...

[edit] Now I'm thinking of all those iPhone ads... "Need to get some extra regenerations, 'cause you've run out and are about to die? There's a sonic screwdriver setting for that!"

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]


Return to “Religious Wars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests