Wii Fit Diary (not mine I don't have it yet)

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

recurve boy

Wii Fit Diary (not mine I don't have it yet)

Postby recurve boy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 am UTC

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Re: Wii Fit Diary (not mine I don't have it yet)

Postby apricity » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:23 pm UTC

That's awesome. I've been tempted to get a Wii and this might have just pushed me over the "gotta get it" edge.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Gunfingers

Postby Gunfingers » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:48 pm UTC

Not completely related but:

That guy's coat is really really long. It's like a zoot tux or something. Pretty sure i'd bone his wife, though.

To discuss the actual topic, this makes sense. Getting up to or near the target heart rate for 30-60 minutes a day can be all it takes. I don't know how intense Wii fitness is, but it stands to reason that it could do that. He's not going to be running any marathons on that exercise plan, but i doubt he's interested in that so the point is kind of moot. I'm especially impressed that he got these results without altering his diet.

Otis

Postby Otis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

I've thought about getting one of these. The games actually look kind of fun and I can always use a little more moving around.

Ragavin

Postby Ragavin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

I am absolutely going to be doing this. Motivation (or lack therof) is by far my biggest enemy. Only problem is that I have to wait a month to get it!

recurve boy

Postby recurve boy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:48 pm UTC

less than 2 weeks to go before it comes out here!

percible

Re: Wii Fit Diary (I do have one!)

Postby percible » Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

I got Wii Fit a week ago.. some of my thoughts in convenient bullet point format:

The game is pretty good at starting gradually.
    The body test consists of weighing and measuring your centre of gravity. Little did I know I put a little more weight on my left rather than my right foot.
    The balance games are quite evil. Especially that frickin' hula hooping. I found the football headers and the tightrope walking devilishly hard.
    The cardio exercises are quite good. The stepping and step boxing are really rather good at the later levels. Gentle but still warms you up.
    The yoga and strength exercises are a bit hard for me right now. I think I shall revisit them when I am fitter.
    There is a "free step" mode that lets you watch TV or something while you step on and off the board. The speaker in the Wiimote plays a metronome-like pace counter that helps you keep in time. I've watched several Daily Show episodes quite healthily this week.
    The weight/BMI tracking is pretty good too. Keeps you motivated. Although the first time my little Mii became a plump lil Mii was a bit worrying!
All in all, I think that it's been good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes over the coming weeks. It does keep mixing things up; for example, I was told to keep my eyes closed during my body test today. Which does make it harder to keep your centre of gravity!

And being in the UK, I'm not often in the position to say this.. but if any of you 'merkin types have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

recurve boy

Postby recurve boy » Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm UTC

I got mine tonight.

I got the the gym 2-3 times a week. I climb 2 times a week. My body fat % is 12.85%. I thought this would be a bit of fun and maybe get me out of bed in the morning to do a little something.

The balance board works well. It's just as accurate as your bathroom scale. And quite sensitive.
The balance games are indeed evil.
The strength exercises are pretty good. I think I rushed through the instructions and I wasn't doing it right.
I haven't played the rest of it. I went to the gym today and am quite tired.

There really, really needs to be a good boxing game.

OK, going to sleep, so I can play more tomorrow morning.

Thousand

Postby Thousand » Thu May 08, 2008 2:38 pm UTC

recurve boy wrote:I got mine tonight.

I got the the gym 2-3 times a week. I climb 2 times a week. My body fat % is 12.85%. I thought this would be a bit of fun and maybe get me out of bed in the morning to do a little something.

The balance board works well. It's just as accurate as your bathroom scale. And quite sensitive.
The balance games are indeed evil.
The strength exercises are pretty good. I think I rushed through the instructions and I wasn't doing it right.
I haven't played the rest of it. I went to the gym today and am quite tired.

There really, really needs to be a good boxing game.

OK, going to sleep, so I can play more tomorrow morning.

You're aware that there IS a boxing game in the Aerobic section? :wink: Admittedly it's rhythym-based boxing training, but still, it's pretty good when it gets to the higher levels.

recurve boy

Postby recurve boy » Sun May 11, 2008 12:02 am UTC

Thousand wrote:You're aware that there IS a boxing game in the Aerobic section? :wink: Admittedly it's rhythym-based boxing training, but still, it's pretty good when it gets to the higher levels.

That's not exactly the same as Punch Out!! though is it?

Ragavin

Postby Ragavin » Wed May 21, 2008 9:15 pm UTC

Yay! I just got my Wii Fit! Lets see if this is something I can actually stick with.

recurve boy

Postby recurve boy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:59 am UTC

I complete the Ultimate Balance Test! 27.34sec.

Return to “Fit Club”