Chaos And Pain

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

bbq

Chaos And Pain

Postby bbq » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 pm UTC

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/03/chaos-and-pain-basics.html

I am curious as to what you guys opinion on this method of working out is. :)
niinn.ininniinniininiini.n.iii...ininiiinnninnin.inn.niniininnnn.

Mere Accumulation Of Observational Evidence Does Not Constitute 'Proof'.

mcgyver5

Re: Chaos And Pain

Postby mcgyver5 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

depends what your goals are. If you want massive arms at the cost of spending all your time in the weight room checking out other guy's muscles, then go for it.

As to what he says about not overtraining, I don't think what he is saying is all that extreme. What I find extreme is his emphasis on turning his body into a showpiece.

I think you could also hurt yourself if you throw yourself into a regimen like that without building up to it..

bbq

Postby bbq » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 pm UTC

I don't really get your point there. There is hardly any arms work in the program (if you do 4 or less days, there is pretty much no time for direct arm work), and Jamie Lewis (the guy who wrote the program) generally doesn't care what any other guy in the gym looks like.

I agree you could hurt yourself if you just threw yourself straight in there, though.

psyck0

Postby psyck0 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 am UTC

Pretty stupid for beginners. This guy is clearly an advanced lifter, he's front-squatting 450. Beginners do better to focus on the big compounds and follow a highly structured routine to learn the technique and learn how their body feels when they lift. They should absolutely no be mucking about with planning their own routine, because they don't know what they hell they are doing and so it will be inefficient.

TGM

Postby TGM » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

The blog itself is pretty funny, even though the guys a bit of a wanker.

But for an advanced trainee what he says doesn't seem to be too far out there. I'd just take it with a grain of salt.
- TGM

bbq

Postby bbq » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm UTC

psyck0 wrote:Pretty stupid for beginners. This guy is clearly an advanced lifter, he's front-squatting 450. Beginners do better to focus on the big compounds and follow a highly structured routine to learn the technique and learn how their body feels when they lift. They should absolutely no be mucking about with planning their own routine, because they don't know what they hell they are doing and so it will be inefficient.

Presumably its not for a complete beginner., I agree with you there. It is based around big compounds though.

Return to “Fit Club”