High School Pranks

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Internetmeme

Re: High School Pranks

Postby Internetmeme » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:00 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Because he's such a super l33t hacker of course. Aren't you impressed by his mad skillz?
I'm pretty sure it's illegal, actually, not to mention needlessly malicious.

Well, he did warn them not to run it, didn't he?
Spoiler:

joshz

Postby joshz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 am UTC

So did DFB. Doesn't mean it's not illegal.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:04 am UTC

Stop ruining my sarcasm with your logic and sense!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

hintss

Postby hintss » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:12 am UTC

Internetmeme wrote:But what if they're running linux?
Is the script cross-platform?

yes...

someone run the batch file one...

edit: I considered using just a digitally signed copy of my name, but my keys were on my netbook at home, and I had no idea how to use them...

P13808

Re: FW: new script

Postby P13808 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:18 am UTC

hintss wrote:don't know where else this goes: my signature in people's yearbooks this year was a shell script/batch file (depending on the person). both ended with a line to delete everything, and I warned people not to run it because "it make computer go boom :twisted: "

someone run it anyway...

Right. Like you weren't expecting them to run it. Because telling someone not to do something means they wont do it :\
Your account says you're a 13-year-old in middle school. You better hope you don't run into a white hat next(or two) year with a strong sense of justice.....
Because nobody's impressed.

On topic, I'll probably try to organize the marching band to rick roll the school.
On the last day of school I tried to get the principal to mention the game on the announcments, since over half the students at my school play. He didn't though :/
Also, I figured out how to log into the middle school network from the highschool. On an anonymous account. Or from home. >:D I could have fun with this.....(harmlessly, of course)

cjmcjmcjmcjm

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:42 am UTC

rubber314chicken wrote:
TheChewanater wrote:A couple weeks ago, our school band was supposed to perform in the Hartford Saint Patrick's Day Parade, but it was rained out. So, the next day during class, we all marched throughout the halls playing very loudly.

Dude, our school made us do the same thing. A marching band going through hallways is insane, I'm pretty sure my bass line alone caused some hearing loss...

Ah, the MB through the halls trick. I had to do that every year for our school's homecoming. Playing the drums so that they cause permeant hearing loss is the only acceptable way to play them, especially for your school's fight song
frezik wrote:Anti-photons move at the speed of dark

DemonDeluxe wrote:Paying to have laws written that allow you to do what you want, is a lot cheaper than paying off the judge every time you want to get away with something shady.

hintss

Re: FW: new script

Postby hintss » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:57 am UTC

P13808 wrote:
hintss wrote:don't know where else this goes: my signature in people's yearbooks this year was a shell script/batch file (depending on the person). both ended with a line to delete everything, and I warned people not to run it because "it make computer go boom :twisted: "

someone run it anyway...

Right. Like you weren't expecting them to run it. Because telling someone not to do something means they wont do it :\
Your account says you're a 13-year-old in middle school. You better hope you don't run into a white hat next(or two) year with a strong sense of justice.....
Because nobody's impressed.

(band stuff)
(computer stuff)

but seriously, the batch file and the shell script were 3 lines each, 1 initialisation, echo my name, then delete everything.

I warned him it make computer go boom...

also, this is what you're looking for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... _your_nose

Alx_xlA

Postby Alx_xlA » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:57 am UTC

TheChewanater wrote:
Cue wrote:Linux is easily hacked too if the person setting it up doesn't know shit about security.

Which they probably don't, if they think using a Window$ server is a good idea.

Because the IT department gets to choose whatever software they want for the server, right?
My signature contains forty-four characters.

TheMelancholyJaques

Postby TheMelancholyJaques » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 pm UTC

We had a good one a few years before I left. Our school is about 500 years old and has been on the current site - importantly in the middle of the city - since the 19th century. So a press release went out announcing the school was moving the other side of the motorway 50 miles away. They got pretty far with it, until the Headmaster was rung up for an interview!

Also, our year stole all the clocks in the school (bar only one or two). We had competitions of daring, so in one instance, in a meeting about the disappearance of the clocks, the timepiece behind the teacher's on the wall vanished! We then gave the deputy head a treasure hunt on the last three days to find them (which he didn't, but I'm sure he had fun!).
Lupus in fabula!

hintss

Postby hintss » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:50 am UTC

the april fool's day before last, the district set all the clocks to 6AM sometime during 1st period...

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:18 pm UTC

I recently got news from my high school that some seniors planted carrots (in pots) an placed them on every desk in the school. The big mystery is that nobody knows who did it. The whole school was pretty much flabbergasted that morning. The next day they put potatoes on every teacher desk. The day after that was nothing, but on the next there were corn on every chair.

They're still checking if anyone put anything on the third day.

It also had the interesting side-effect of parents wondering why the school was holding a farmer's market in front.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

hintss

Postby hintss » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:07 am UTC

I have an idea: an annoyatron that, instead of using a speaker, the arduino inside outputs out of: a headphone jack, those old composite connectors, MIDI, XLR, and those bigger headphone plugs.

anyone think this would be useful in pranks?
especially if it was remote activated by XBEE...

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:30 pm UTC

If someone is stupid enough to run unknown code after being explicitly not to, I think it's safe to assume they're using windows.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

kernelpanic wrote:

If someone is stupid enough to run unknown code after being explicitly not to, I think it's safe to assume they're using windows.

If you're running Windows then you're already running unknown code you've been explicitly told not to.
ImageImage
http://internetometer.com/give/4279
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

TheChewanater wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:

If you're running Windows then you're already running unknown code you've been explicitly told not to.

but not by the guy(s) that actually wrote the code in the first place.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

hintss

Postby hintss » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:51 pm UTC

kernelpanic wrote:
TheChewanater wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:

GNU/Linux!

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:41 pm UTC

hintss wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:
TheChewanater wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:

GNU/Linux!

Which programmer that has contributed to the kernel has said not to use it?

hintss

Postby hintss » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:26 am UTC

When you say, "I wrote a program that crashed Windows," people just stare at you blankly and say, "Hey, I got those with the system, for free."

So the whole "We have a list and we're not telling you" should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, "nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!"?

both from linus torvalds. do these count?

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 am UTC

is this... the religious wars section?

My high school made shirts. a hundred shirts with the face of my best friend wearing a mustache, and his name below it. he had no idea until he got into class and twenty of us were wearing 'em. the whole school was clamoring to buy them.
fun times.
uhhhh fuck.

hintss

Postby hintss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 am UTC

Midnight wrote:is this... the religious wars section?

My high school made shirts. a hundred shirts with the face of my best friend wearing a mustache, and his name below it. he had no idea until he got into class and twenty of us were wearing 'em. the whole school was clamoring to buy them.
fun times.

I once turned the facebook comment thread for some random camp group picture into a mac/windows/linux, with one person from each group: the apple fanboy, me, and some kid with a WINDOWS server...

cjmcjmcjmcjm

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 am UTC

hintss wrote:

fun times.

I once turned the facebook comment thread for some random camp group picture into a mac/windows/linux, with one person from each group: the apple fanboy, me, and some kid with a WINDOWS server...

Who uses a Windows server? You might as well use an xserv

DemonDeluxe wrote:Paying to have laws written that allow you to do what you want, is a lot cheaper than paying off the judge every time you want to get away with something shady.

hintss

Postby hintss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:
hintss wrote:

fun times.

Who uses a Windows server? You might as well use an xserv

those things are so overpriced. use linux.

and exactly, it was kinda like that

sarrel

Postby sarrel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:34 am UTC

Our school recently purchased a Widescreen LCD TV for the cafeteria so that they can display slideshows about school events. I've been thinking about is sneaking various slides in, most notably one that says "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU." And maybe something related to AYBABTU. That's all I've got so far. I'm pretty timid.

Mikejoemarrs

Postby Mikejoemarrs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:52 am UTC

Our school is built in a square around a central fountain. During my Junior year, the Seniors tied and wrapped strings through all the doorhandles in the entire school. So when you opened one another would open, or sometimes slam shut. There were miles of strings everywhere and it was absolutely hilarious, and a little frustrating to get to class.. but that's the point!

i_ll_winn

Postby i_ll_winn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am UTC

In AP Calculus we had a substitute so I asked the substitute if I could write on the board after I finished my work, and she said yes! So I asked my friend nathan to give me a quadratic so he gave me 8x^2 + 24x + 32 = 0, so I wrote that on the board in roman numerals. I proceeded to use the quadratic formula on it ending with some ludicrous numbers, and I asked nathan to give me another, so he did, I believe it was 12x^2 + 15x +17 = 0. Then above the original problem "Remedial Algebra Review" and on the next problem I wrote "Remedial Algebra Homework, write one paragraph explanation as well." Underneath another one of my friends wrote "Geometry Class, we will be doing the more advanced problems like these next week! So just look this over, it should be self explanatory." The substitute left it and next to it wrote "Do not erase," the Geometry class walked in and freaked out. I wasn't there to see the remedial algebra class walk in though.
There is no enemy anywhere, only idiots with weapons.
My life is worthless, how I affect others is priceless.
Spoiler:

cjmcjmcjmcjm

Postby cjmcjmcjmcjm » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 am UTC

That is 6 degrees of awesome!

joshz

Postby joshz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 am UTC

i_ll_winn wrote:In AP Calculus we had a substitute so I asked the substitute if I could write on the board after I finished my work, and she said yes! So I asked my friend nathan to give me a quadratic so he gave me 8x^2 + 24x + 32 = 0, so I wrote that on the board in roman numerals. I proceeded to use the quadratic formula on it ending with some ludicrous numbers, and I asked nathan to give me another, so he did, I believe it was 12x^2 + 15x +17 = 0. Then above the original problem "Remedial Algebra Review" and on the next problem I wrote "Remedial Algebra Homework, write one paragraph explanation as well." Underneath another one of my friends wrote "Geometry Class, we will be doing the more advanced problems like these next week! So just look this over, it should be self explanatory." The substitute left it and next to it wrote "Do not erase," the Geometry class walked in and freaked out. I wasn't there to see the remedial algebra class walk in though.
Uh...neither of those have real solutions. How did you represent i with Roman numerals?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

Heady

Postby Heady » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:59 pm UTC

^
That's the point.

joshz

Postby joshz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:00 pm UTC

No, but I was wondering about "ending with some ludicrous numbers". What numbers did you end up with, and how'd you do the problem at all?

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:01 pm UTC

i_ll_winn wrote:In AP Calculus we had a substitute so I asked the substitute if I could write on the board after I finished my work, and she said yes! So I asked my friend nathan to give me a quadratic so he gave me 8x^2 + 24x + 32 = 0, so I wrote that on the board in roman numerals. I proceeded to use the quadratic formula on it ending with some ludicrous numbers, and I asked nathan to give me another, so he did, I believe it was 12x^2 + 15x +17 = 0. Then above the original problem "Remedial Algebra Review" and on the next problem I wrote "Remedial Algebra Homework, write one paragraph explanation as well." Underneath another one of my friends wrote "Geometry Class, we will be doing the more advanced problems like these next week! So just look this over, it should be self explanatory." The substitute left it and next to it wrote "Do not erase," the Geometry class walked in and freaked out. I wasn't there to see the remedial algebra class walk in though.

Heh, I'm gonna try to get to class early so I can write something like that on the board and put "Warm-up:". Hopefully the teacher won't notice until everyone's really confused (most of them probably don't know the quadratic formula and wouldn't realize it has no solution).
ImageImage
No one can agree how to count how many types of people there are. You could ask two people and get 10 different answers.

maxh

Postby maxh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:58 am UTC

TheChewanater wrote:

Heh, I'm gonna try to get to class early so I can write something like that on the board and put "Warm-up:". Hopefully the teacher won't notice until everyone's really confused (most of them probably don't know the quadratic formula and wouldn't realize it has no solution).

Isn't [imath]-\frac{3}{2} \pm \frac{6i\sqrt{23}}{16}[/imath] a solution?

Bingo Little

Postby Bingo Little » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 pm UTC

Someone's started sticking pictures of cats up around our sixth form common room.

They're very slowly increasing, and no one knows who. They aren't lolcats, just cute kittens asleep on top of guitars or playing with balls of wool.

Given how much stress we're under, I love this person dearly.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:54 pm UTC

I suggest adding more.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Bingo Little

Postby Bingo Little » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:58 pm UTC

I wouldn't want to steal their thunder.

Also, they're in really high up places and I don't know how they get there.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 am UTC

If nobody knows who they are there is no thunder to be stolen.
When I used to put interesting posters in interesting places, it made me hugely happy to see people had joined in. Seriously, go put some posters up :P
Ⓞⓞ◯

Bingo Little

Postby Bingo Little » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 pm UTC

In case anyone cares, the kittens keep coming....

Today, there were three adorable ones on a lawn. They were frolicking.

VDOgamez

Postby VDOgamez » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:07 pm UTC

My school has an unimaginably inefficient network setup. All of the traffic is bottlenecked through a single switch, which is easily overloaded. Every day, at lunch, it all but crashes from the load of the database transactions when the scanners read our IDs, and it lags for the rest of the day. The information technology teacher here has known about this problem, which is actually much more terrible and deep than I can understand, for years, and despite having his master's degree in the subject and having written e-mails all over the school explaining exactly what is wrong and how to fix it, it seems the entire district 's technology staff is totally incompetent, as all complaints have fallen on deaf ears. Today in class, while explaining to us frustratedly exactly how not to set up a network, he muttered that somebody should just overload their servers and show them just how vulnerable they really are to strain. Immediately, half of the class told him that that could be arranged. It seems that they may have his blessing for a DDOS attack on the main server, to crash the network for its own good. Hopefully this prank will demonstrate to them that their system needs an overhaul.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am UTC

Nothing more than an idea:

For a high school graduation speech, instead of the standard 'I-love-you-guys-high-school-was-amazing' speech, simply put on your most serious and sincere voice, and very calmly recite the lyrics of 'We are the Champions'.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

joshz

Postby joshz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:34 am UTC

The EGE wrote:Nothing more than an idea:

For a high school graduation speech, instead of the standard 'I-love-you-guys-high-school-was-amazing' speech, simply put on your most serious and sincere voice, and very calmly recite the lyrics of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air'.
There, fixed that for you.

TheChewanater

Postby TheChewanater » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 am UTC

joshz wrote:
The EGE wrote:Nothing more than an idea:

For a high school graduation speech, instead of the standard 'I-love-you-guys-high-school-was-amazing' speech, simply put on your baseball cap, and very wildly scream the lyrics of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air'.
There, fixed that for you.
You seem to have made a few small mistakes. Here, I fixed it for realz.
ImageImage

Return to “School”