"Pro Life" kids at school.

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

kinigget

Re: "Pro Life" kids at school.

Postby kinigget » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 pm UTC

pkuky wrote:
and that aborted fetus picture that they are so fond of waving around? that's just a scare tactic to make people react at the emotional level instead of thinking about the implications of all options

so are rape statistics.

okay, maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm not at all sure what you're getting at there.

explain please?
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:57 pm UTC

Pit wrote:When coming across someone who was clearly participating in the Day of Silence (or across a group of people), they would shout verses (almost on the top of their lungs) within close proximity. Furthermore, they would shout most verses from the Book of Genesis, Book of Exodus and the Book of Revelations. Genesis was about the creation of man, as well as the sin of man. Exodus contains the ten commandments, and revelations is the final chapter in the Bible, which contains information about the apocalypse and the so-called second coming. It's one thing to use verses that are about.. acceptance, forgiveness, Jesus' miracles and such. However, they used versus about the punishment of God against those who sinned, or hateful messages that seemed more like paraphrasing than actual verses.

In short, they were provoking us.

Next time, just remain silent, and calmly, silently, kick them in the groin as hard as you can. :lol:

People like that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce anyways.

Alternatively, pretend you're not talking because you're a foreign exchange student who doesn't know much English. Then when they provoke you, burst out in an angry litany of how you're so sick of stupid Americans randomly yelling at you and how you hate this country now. In the most broken English you can manage while still being understandable. "I spend four year learning you language! And all you stupid American do, yell at me, yell at me! I want go back <insert name of foreign city here>! This country suck!"

In case it's not obvious by now, I hate those militants, too. Since when was "they have a differing opinion" a reason to be a jerk to someone? I think their sole reason for existing is to provide satirists with material to mock, and aside from that, they're just a huge waste of oxygen.
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

Ratio

Postby Ratio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm UTC

In an attempt to stop an abortion thread from devoloping, lets keep it on stupid protests.

How about them PETA guys huh?

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

kinigget wrote:
pkuky wrote:
and that aborted fetus picture that they are so fond of waving around? that's just a scare tactic to make people react at the emotional level instead of thinking about the implications of all options

so are rape statistics.

okay, maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm not at all sure what you're getting at there.

explain please?

well, talking about "is abortion moral in the case of rape" is reasoned debate. showing the statistics accociated is more of an attempt to appeal to the emotions. the point was, almost all arguments around contrevertial issues are contrevertial because people feel so strongly on the subject and try appealing to the emotion rather then logic. also, I can't spell contrevertial.
It rains on the enemy too!

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

ah, thank you for clarifying. I think that was part of my point, although I did write that post around 2:00 a.m. so I'm really not sure, either that or you just made my entire point in much clearer and less rambling fashion. I would have included that but It honestly didn't occur to me, mainly because it doesn't have much effect on me

shutting up.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Silvyr

Postby Silvyr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 pm UTC

Ratio wrote:In an attempt to stop an abortion thread from devoloping, lets keep it on stupid protests.

How about them PETA guys huh?

*takes bait*

XD I don't mind the less extreme PETA activists. I'm friends with a few. It's the whack jobs in the big cities with buckets of red paint screaming like escaped mental patients that bother me...
Asmodieus wrote:You're a Cullen, Silvyr.

wst

Postby wst » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Silvyr wrote:XD I don't mind the less extreme PETA activists. I'm friends with a few. It's the whack jobs in the big cities with buckets of red paint screaming like escaped mental patients that bother me...

It's only the Rage from that medical research facility in London...
I'm fine with PETA other than the "YOU SHALL NOT EAT MEAT" people. I happen to have canines. I'd like to use them for their natural purpose, ffs. But fur, etc, I'm fine with.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 am UTC

Silvyr wrote:I don't mind the less extreme PETA activists. I'm friends with a few. It's the whack jobs in the big cities with buckets of red paint screaming like escaped mental patients that bother me...

Eh, frankly, the extreme whack jobs strike me as the majority of PETA these days. Maybe they just spend more time on visibility, but, well, this is a group who told college kids to drink beer instead of milk, and I haven't seen a single member of PETA stand up and talk about how ridiculous of an idea that is.

I oughta suggest to them to drink beer instead of that precious water that could be used to hydrate animals. Ah, alcohol poisoning as a form of natural selection.
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

darthchazza

Postby darthchazza » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 am UTC

To expand on the ideas earlier on about possible counter protests you could wear a picture on your back of the most disgusting/provocative picture you can find of genitals that have been infected with and STI and say you are protesting against Bush's abstainance only line for sex ed and if the prolifers get angry tell them it'll also lower abortion rates :twisted:
Flo3:16 wrote:You sir are a Winner. Just because you have the testicular fortitude to dress up as freakin Zoidberg. :mrgreen:

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 pm UTC

same reason I hate extreme feminists. we have this girl at school who's insanely anti-violence/feminist/patriotic/crazy bitch. I mean, some of those may be good principles, but she has no self control whatsoever. she pretty much seems to think everyone she doesn't like should be put down or thrown in prison, and that she's the one to do it. I brought a younger friend into what he believes should be 12-graders only territory today, and she attacked me. violently. I pushed her back, to which she replied that I had no idea who I was dealing with, and she was going to call the police on me and stuff. some people just need to know when to stop.
It rains on the enemy too!

wst

Postby wst » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:46 pm UTC

pkuky wrote:girl at school who's insanely anti-violence
she attacked me. violently
Quick! Tell her she's a hypocrite.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

wst wrote:
pkuky wrote:girl at school who's insanely anti-violence
she attacked me. violently
Quick! Tell her she's a hypocrite.

Don't! She'll call the po-po!

Rowe

Postby Rowe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

I live down the street from Reagent University. Which in case some of you don't know is the college run by Pat Robertson. The worlds biggest evangelical christian leader. He does that show the 700 club, and has his own TV channel.

Anyway.

Every year there is a HUGE anti-abortion rally right on the front of the Founders Inn. which is a hotel / day spa that sits right infront of the campus. There are 100's of people holding up signs of dead baby fetuses and yelling through mega phones. Its a sight. They also have one of those billboard trucks that drive around with a 10'x10' picture on it.

its very low class in my honest opinion.

every year around may....

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 pm UTC

Poor you, how horrible.

How old are these fetuses? They normally don't look human once they're aborted, so they must be holding up the miscarriages. Point out (if you can do so without being mobbed) that those are the ones that "God meant to die".

We had a fetus in a jar in my highschool though my mohter/bio teacher didn't like showing it as it looked like me when i was born, it had hair and everything. Freaky...
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

the tree

Postby the tree » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:01 pm UTC

Sorry, I don't get it. Can someone explain to me how the mouth-taping relates directly to abortion?

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

Fetuses can't speak therefore taped mouths symbolise this (as I understand it anyway).
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Return to “School”