Worst Exam Schedule

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

ProperTime

Worst Exam Schedule

Postby ProperTime » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am UTC

I was just wondering what everyones worst exam schedule has been. This can include both time constraints and subject matter. For me it was these past midterms where I had a Linear Algebra exam followed by a Physics exam with 10 minutes in between and on different sides of campus. How about you?

rat4000
r/ratsgonewild

Re: Worst Exam Schedule

Postby rat4000 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:18 am UTC

Big exams (like 30% of the grade) in two foreign languages exactly a day apart.

Of course, one of them was English, so I personally had no problems (I never study for English and still get good to awesome grades), but it sucked really hard for everyone else.

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:22 am UTC

This is a combination of bad scheduled time and other factors, but I once had a final exam scheduled at 6 PM in the middle of winter. It just so happened that a blizzard occurred that afternoon/evening, which had the side effect that traffic was backed up everywhere. Luckily, I had the foresight to take the bus, and an earlier one at that, so that I could just disembark early and walk the rest of the way if the bus started to run late and I decided it would be faster to walk. Which I did. Turns out, much of the class was late to the final, though I was on time. I couldn't feel my face from walking through the cold, but at least I was on time. :lol:
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

Masily box

Postby Masily box » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:37 am UTC

Back in December 2007, I had one week in which I had 60+ pages of papers due, plus some messing around in R for a relatively easy Bayesian stats class. The next week, over the course of 5 days, I had 4 three-hour exams.

I'm relatively glad that's over.

Tofer

Postby Tofer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 am UTC

Last term I had five finals in five days, all 3 hours each, ranging from 55-60% of my final grade. I was actually pretty lucky because none of them were on the same day. Some of my friends weren't so fortunate.

This term I have five in seven days, so that's not too bad.

I have a buddy who was scheduled to write four mid-terms in one day this term. Ouch. Fortunately for him, two of them were moved to later on in the week.

angelfire

Postby angelfire » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:13 am UTC

last term i had 5 papers over 10 days and that sucked in a way

this term i have 4 papers spread over 14 days..its ok cos i have time to cram in between papers, but it sucks cos it takes forever for the exams to end ;p

tobiaslw

Postby tobiaslw » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 pm UTC

(Yay first post)

Last term, my exam block was stuffed up because of a flu, and on top of that, I had two, 2-hour exams, (Higher Level Maths and Higher Level computer science) with only a 30 minute break :|

And the way it's looking it's going to be the same this term as well.

Cheers,

Tobias

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:11 am UTC

Last year, The headmaster was talking about the final exams. He explained that no exams, for anyone, for any reason, would be rescheduled. He also said that the physics group 1 and the biology group 2 would have to be at the same time, but it only affected one student. I didn't know (or anyone else for that matter) that it was me. Oh, and I had to sit in the middle, 3 seats from anybody else, because the ones taking biology were on one side and physics on the other. I felt lonely.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

keeperofdakeys

Postby keeperofdakeys » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:58 am UTC

kernelpanic wrote:Last year, The headmaster was talking about the final exams. He explained that no exams, for anyone, for any reason, would be rescheduled. He also said that the physics group 1 and the biology group 2 would have to be at the same time, but it only affected one student. I didn't know (or anyone else for that matter) that it was me. Oh, and I had to sit in the middle, 3 seats from anybody else, because the ones taking biology were on one side and physics on the other. I felt lonely.

so did you have to do two exams in the space of time for one?

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:12 am UTC

keeperofdakeys wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:Last year, The headmaster was talking about the final exams. He explained that no exams, for anyone, for any reason, would be rescheduled. He also said that the physics group 1 and the biology group 2 would have to be at the same time, but it only affected one student. I didn't know (or anyone else for that matter) that it was me. Oh, and I had to sit in the middle, 3 seats from anybody else, because the ones taking biology were on one side and physics on the other. I felt lonely.

so did you have to do two exams in the space of time for one?

Yes. At least they gave me an extra 15 minutes, which I didn't use.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:31 pm UTC

They scheduled pchem and biochem finals with overlapping time slots.
That one I complained about. I wasn't the only one in both courses. It got moved. To being about 15 minutes apart.
*sigh*
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

RockoTDF

Postby RockoTDF » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

Last spring, thursday of finals week, 15+ hour day:
8am: Learning Theory Final (The *real* rules to classical and operant learning and how they came to be. Not to be confused with educational psychology)
*study on campus all day*
8pm: Calculus Final

Next day
8am: Comparative Psych (animal behavior) final presentation. I was so tired that I lost some....social inhibition and kinda ripped apart a bad presentation during their Q&A. I saw the professor later and asked if I was out of line, and he said "yeah, but I didn't stop you because I agreed with what you were saying."
Just because it is not physics doesn't mean it is not science.
http://www.iomalfunction.blogspot.com <---- A collection of humorous one liners and science jokes.

solitarysock

Postby solitarysock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am UTC

Last year, I had two exams scheduled for exactly the same time, several km away from each other. The chemistry exam had been scheduled to that date for half a year, while the translation exam had been scheduled a week or two in advance because the teacher had suddenly realised that he'd forgotten to do so.
It took a considerable effort and some applying to higher instances to get him to even consider doing anything except saying "go away, deal with it", because, oh no, that might mean extra work for him. (In the end, I got to write the exam two hours earlier than the others in my course, but I think the teacher doesn't like me anymore).

This year, I had a similar situation again, five exams in one week, and a sixth one that clashed with another one. While they were very helpful and immediately agreed to have me take an extra exam on another date, it was really difficult to accomodate an additional 4-hour exam into my schedule (the first few dates they suggested didn't work, either).

SimpleScholar

Postby SimpleScholar » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:12 am UTC

The schedule for my Finals next term is: Mon (morning AND afternoon), Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue, Thur.

Each exam is 3 hours long. Should be fun.
I hope I survive...

Rilian

Postby Rilian » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 am UTC

A friend of mine had 4 finals in one day, one of which was at a satelite campus that she had to drive to. But the school allows you to reschedule when you have 3+ finals in one day.
And I'm -2.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 am UTC

I can't beat Simplescholar, but I did do a schedule that was something like Monday morning, Tuesday morning & afternoon, Wednesday morning, Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning before (all 3 hour exams). Just an unlucky combination of elective modules that happened to all be examined right at the start of the exam season (which is normally about 6 weeks long).

Return to “School”