What really burns me...

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Dimetrodon

Re: What really burns me...

Postby Dimetrodon » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 am UTC

Lukeisheretic wrote:Two words: Busy Work.
:evil:

Amen to this.
Spoiler:

Fear my mammalian skull, my efficient heat-regulating sail, and my two rows of teeth.

Norrell

Postby Norrell » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm UTC

I used to solved the problem with all the douches by being an even bigger one to everyone who was a douche to me, needless to say I got into a lot of trouble during the first years of that attitude. Then I realised that I could use a relative of mine to my advantage, it just so happens that this guy had moved from my home town (pop 4600) a few years ago and had just recently (four years ago) killed two teenagers in some kind of satanic ritual wierd ass crazy shit. Seeing as people knew he was a relative of mine, when I then started coming to school in satanist-looking clothes people just stopped being douches. My friends didn't care and people didn't dare to do anything to me anymore. The teachers on the other hand were worried as I was one of the few good students back then, long hours of counseling, but by god was it worth an hour a week to have 3 years of quiet.

Might also add two things; this town I used to live in is a town that if you don't start drinking around age 13-14 you are part of the out-crowd, which of course I was, being a geek and rugby player (this was in sweden we don't play rugby regularly, it's like playing curling in the states or something).

The other thing being as I was kinda evil against people messing with me, got into alot and I means ALOT of fights. I even went the way Janitor from Scrubs advocated recently "Does your enemy have any serious food allergies?" The one guy that was the worst douche, it turns out he was deadly allergic to citrus-fruits. And I almost got thrown out of school from sending the guy in anaphylactic shock to a hospital in the aftermath of a fight once. Good thing the principal and the teachers knew I was bullied alot so they looked through the fingers on several occasions when I had revenge on people.

Afterthought: This might have a better place in Confessional....

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 pm UTC

Norrell wrote:I used to solved the problem with all the douches by being an even bigger one to everyone who was a douche to me, needless to say I got into a lot of trouble during the first years of that attitude. Then I realised that I could use a relative of mine to my advantage, it just so happens that this guy had moved from my home town (pop 4600) a few years ago and had just recently (four years ago) killed two teenagers in some kind of satanic ritual wierd ass crazy shit. Seeing as people knew he was a relative of mine, when I then started coming to school in satanist-looking clothes people just stopped being douches. My friends didn't care and people didn't dare to do anything to me anymore. The teachers on the other hand were worried as I was one of the few good students back then, long hours of counseling, but by god was it worth an hour a week to have 3 years of quiet.

Might also add two things; this town I used to live in is a town that if you don't start drinking around age 13-14 you are part of the out-crowd, which of course I was, being a geek and rugby player (this was in sweden we don't play rugby regularly, it's like playing curling in the states or something).

The other thing being as I was kinda evil against people messing with me, got into alot and I means ALOT of fights. I even went the way Janitor from Scrubs advocated recently "Does your enemy have any serious food allergies?" The one guy that was the worst douche, it turns out he was deadly allergic to citrus-fruits. And I almost got thrown out of school from sending the guy in anaphylactic shock to a hospital in the aftermath of a fight once. Good thing the principal and the teachers knew I was bullied alot so they looked through the fingers on several occasions when I had revenge on people.

Afterthought: This might have a better place in Confessional....

That is awesome. I want to find out if my enemy has any serious food allergies, and secretly plant things. It would be great. :D
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Norrell

Postby Norrell » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:04 pm UTC

*Cough* Pelting him with lemons and oranges isn't exactly planting stuff :P

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:06 pm UTC

Norrell wrote:*Cough* Pelting him with lemons and oranges isn't exactly planting stuff :P

Well, yes, but I want to be sneaky about it...
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Bill Desmond

Postby Bill Desmond » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 pm UTC

What really burns me about school? A lot. I registered just to post in this thread.

First of all, the people. The student body at my school puts Sturgeon's Law (in this case, 90% of all people are crap) to shame. It's more like 96 or something. Aside from a few friends and acquaintances, all of the students are just really unlikable people. It's what everyone saw at school: brain-dead conformist morons who have to love the latest trends to impress their so-called friends and feel better about themselves. Whether its the clothes, music, activities, whatever, they always are told what they should like, never once making a decision for themselves. If I may use the time-tested stereotypes, I can divide the people at school into 3 different categories of people I hate:

1) The Hipsters. These pathetic wannabes are basically a herd of blank slates, utterly devoid of personality. They like whatever they are sold, and tend to look alike most of the time. There are various sub-categories of hipsters, but at my school they can reliably be identified by bright clothes, nerd-chic t-shirts, headphones around the neck, overpriced hats, non-prescription glasses, and douchebag hair. This form of student tends to be condescending, snarky, sarcastic, and deserves a good slap across the face. These people burn me because they forfeit their individuality for popularity, which is highly overrated in my opinion.

2) The Gangsters. Blank-faced baggy-clothed shufflers pulling up their over-sized pants and listening to the latest trash vomited from the latest music artists. At my school, from what I can tell, none of the gangster kids are actually part of a gang like the crips or bloods. They seem to all just be a bunch of pathetic posers intent on cursing loudly and being a detriment to everyone around them trying to mind their own business. Especially annoying when they block the exits out of school, or try (and fail) to compose their own rap song. These people burn me for slacking around, with no sense of manners or of the people around them. Will most likely actually end up in a real gang and get killed, or luck out and will be serving you your lukewarm cheeseburger and shake in five years time.

3) The Jocks. F*ck these guys.

Second, the teachers. While not all bad, I in particular have had some terrible experiences with teachers, including one who let bullies abuse me all through 5th grade to my current math teacher who doesn't speak understandable English. Most teachers it seems have no actual interest in educating us, and are only doing the gig for the money. While I couldn't really hold that against anybody, the problem here is that teachers are shaping our entire education here. It only takes one really lousy teacher to put someone's education down the tubes if the problem isn't fixed. The last few years of school have been absolute hell for me. I won't go into the details, but suffice to say I am now convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that our current education system is a bitter failure. Someone mentioned that school just isn't made for certain people, and I can safely say I am one of those people. I would be better off never attending another day in my life. And what really burns me about teachers is that the bad ones are never fired because of the lengthy review process that goes into expunging them. I say if a teacher isn't doing their job, they get one chance to set things straight, and after that they get a last class ticket to hell.

Third, it's all just a mess. I can't really go into detail here, but I feel like I'm in some bad modern performance and everyone is ad-libbing their lines. No one really seems to have a good idea of the proper way to do things, and when something goes wrong, everyone just ignores it. When a kid is bullied by a bunch of jerks, the faculty looks the other way. When a kid is having trouble in school, and says that it's not working for them, the kid is blamed for being lazy, or at best sent to an incompetent councilor. I guess if I were to sum up my school with one word, it would be "inefficient".

So, that's my rant, and my take on school. With two more years left still to go, I have one hell of a ride ahead.

Cheese!

Postby Cheese! » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:16 am UTC

Personally I have no major qualms with cliques. I just ignore them as much as possible. (Though there are a few kids who piss me off every time I see them.)

My problem with school is that a leading district official has recently made being mediocre an ideal. Through her policies the highest level math classes have been eliminated in the middle school. (Luckily I got to take them. I'm in 11th grade.) Another thing is course inflation. It's an odd term, coined by some kid in our student newspaper. It basically means that kids are encouraged to challenge themselves with harder courses than they can handle. Some courses had entrance tests to see if each student was intelligent enough for that course, but these tests have all been demolished. This encourages dumb kids to take AP courses. The teachers then have to dumb down the instruction in their courses (so that all the kids don't fail- it would reflect badly on the teacher) which brings down the quality of instruction in the highest course, making an AP course very similar to a high course. (My school ranks courses Basic Standard High Honors or AP.) So what happened to me was that in the week before the AP Physics C: Mech test, I had to teach myself Simple Harmonic Motion, Newton's Law of Gravity, and Equilibrium (overview of static and dynamic- this included teaching myself the concept of torque. We had done some rotational motion problems, but none with torque) And besides being screwed for the test, I didn't have the oppurtunity to understand those concepts. I just had to learn basic applications of them fast.

So basically keep dumb kids out of smart classes.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 am UTC

Whatever physics teacher managed to teach a year of physics without covering SHM, Newton's Law of Goddam Graviation, or torque ought to be shoved out an airlock.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Cheese!

Postby Cheese! » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:39 am UTC

We basically spent the first semester on vectors, 1 and 2 d motion, and F=ma (including friction...) Then we went on to Work, Energy, Power and got some minor rotational motion problems (basically the ones where you use the 1-d motion equations with the anguar variables)
But like I said, it wasn't completely his fault. If he had gone any faster a quarter of the kids would have failed.

aeromax

Postby aeromax » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 am UTC

My school does an alright job (sp?) of keeping morons out of high-level classes and electives. But Lord have mercy on the core classes... nobody wants to be in them, nobody wants to teach them, and they move at such a ridiculously slow pace that we've covered 14 chapters of algebra in an entire year. FOURTEEN. Keep in mind each chapter is about 20 pages of material. The kicker is that the school bought NEW BOOKS in a staggered order - they're replacing the core textbooks one year at a time. So the class of 2011 (including me) is the FIRST CLASS to work with these books. The teachers who have been using "the other books" for 5/10/15 years are now scrambling to adjust their lesson plans, because everything is now in a completely different (and ultimately useless) order - the net effect being that instead of going nicely along with the book, all the handouts and notes are a massive trainwreck.

And each new book cost the district $80. Almost all of the new books (I measured Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry) are at least 1.5x the volume of the old ones, and some go up to 1.85x. Both books prepare you for the same standardized test, but the earlier books are just facts and problems. The newer ones have review questions, sample questions, worked-out solutions, guided practice, margins (fully a third of each page is just white space), practice problems and massive unrelated illustrations taking up half the entire page. The reason for this, of course, is because they need to take up an entire course. Our school has a four-block day (85 minutes per class), and two semesters a year for four years. Of course, simply learning what's in the book wouldn't take anywhere near this long, so the rest of the time has to be padded with review, busy work, packets, bonus assignments etc.

Shard

Postby Shard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm UTC

Bill Desmond wrote:...The last few years of school have been absolute hell for me. I won't go into the details, but suffice to say I am now convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that our current education system is a bitter failure. Someone mentioned that school just isn't made for certain people, and I can safely say I am one of those people. I would be better off never attending another day in my life. And what really burns me about teachers is that the bad ones are never fired because of the lengthy review process that goes into expunging them. I say if a teacher isn't doing their job, they get one chance to set things straight, and after that they get a last class ticket to hell.

Third, it's all just a mess. I can't really go into detail here, but I feel like I'm in some bad modern performance and everyone is ad-libbing their lines. No one really seems to have a good idea of the proper way to do things, and when something goes wrong, everyone just ignores it. When a kid is bullied by a bunch of jerks, the faculty looks the other way. When a kid is having trouble in school, and says that it's not working for them, the kid is blamed for being lazy, or at best sent to an incompetent councilor. I guess if I were to sum up my school with one word, it would be "inefficient".

The story of my life. I'm lucky in that the community at my school is actually pretty damn good, almost everybody is a class citizen. Besides that, I have a reputation for being able to flip kick a bully in the face if he decides he wants to pick on somebody.

My counselor has all but stated to myself and my parents that she cares more about her end of the year review (in which her bonus is decided, her pay for next year is decided, and her skills and successes as a counselor are discussed) is far more important to her than the rest of my life. This being at a high school in a brand new building, in a very rich district, that has been ranked top 200 in several lists of the best high schools in the U.S..

Impulse97

Postby Impulse97 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:19 pm UTC

Wow this thread has become deppressing. I think some of the people here took this thread the wrong way. It was intended to be about annoying things or things that p.o. you about school, not 'fuck em' all here's a list of the assholes in my school and whats wrong with them'.

If your judgeing these people and assuming what's they'll be doing for the rest of their lives based on how they act in a closed, shallow jungle you've got issues.
Life moves on and people change. They won't be the same people you rember when your 20th annaversery rolls around. They may act certain ways now to maintain their shallow friendships or popularity but that dosen't mean their bad people or won't blossom into better people later on.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Dude, everyone likes girls. Have you seen girls? Girls are hot!

The preceding sentence was made with good faith and good humor...

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

Impulse97 wrote:If you're judging these people and assuming what's they'll be doing for the rest of their lives based on how they act in a closed, shallow jungle you've got issues.
Life moves on and people change. They won't be the same people you remember when your 20th anniversary rolls around. They may act certain ways now to maintain their shallow friendships or popularity but that doesn't mean they're bad people or won't blossom into better people later on.

This. High school tends to make dicks of people. I know you look down on people who conform and so on, but firstly it can make life hella easier, and secondly, perhaps if you get to know them, people aren't necessarily as you find them. For example, utter jock at my school, recently found out he had a few thousand points of dark elves stashed away in his room, and spent a lot of his free time playing halo. I know it's easy to just say look at people and call them tool, but perhaps there is more to them than that. I think that perhaps the most important part of high school is not to be bitter afterwards.

In regards to your sig, it is universally agreed that the best way to get a title is to never, ever ask for one.

Mr. Freeman

Postby Mr. Freeman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 am UTC

aeromax wrote:but the earlier books are just facts and problems. The newer ones have review questions, sample questions, worked-out solutions, guided practice

I don't see this as a problem. I like having the facts, formula, explanation of the formula, problems, solved solutions with the steps explained, etc. If you don't need them, then don't read them.

blackrose

Postby blackrose » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 am UTC

I agree with Freeman. I'm majoring in Math, and if it weren't for vague examples in textbooks I would be up a creek.

A thing that burns me is that so much of the my school's money and students are directed toward sports. We're a school; we're here to learn and get a degree. Playing sports should be low on the list of priorities.
I don't watch 24 hour news channels because they are retarded.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:49 pm UTC

Bill Desmond wrote:3) The Jocks. F*ck these guys.

What about you, for stereotyping everyone? Seriously, the "jocks"? Just because they play sports, they're all horrible brain dead stoner douche bags? Not all "jocks" are like that, believe it or not. Most of them more than likely get more than decent grades, or enjoy reading actual novels and having intellectual conversations, and are decent human beings. Not everyone is a stereotype. Hell, at my school, our Valedictorian was also Athlete of the Year. He's also one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

joek

Postby joek » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 am UTC

@ the person complaining about his physics class, and sir Elderberry's reply - In the UK, with the exam boards that we use, we don't learn any physics until we do mechanics in A-level maths. The only things we learn in physics are about life in the universe, electricity, and radiation, with all the formulae taken out, on the basis that they are too hard. So no Ohm's law, nothing to do with forces, gravity, torque, or indeed any REAL PHYSICS.

Bill Desmond

Postby Bill Desmond » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 pm UTC

I'm sorry that I derailed this thread and came off as extremely mean-spirited. Looking back at my post, I realize that I just made a list of people I hate and didn't leave any room for understanding. I know that you shouldn't judge people by first impressions and appearances, and that someone you think is a jerk could actually be a very nice. I can't help but be unforgiving at times, I've been to school with idiots for a long time that have not changed at all, or for the worse, and it tends to affect my view on all people at school. I've been the subject of bullying and teasing ever since I was in kindergarten, and when something like that doesn't change after 10 years, it affects your view of people really badly. At times it can seem like everyone is an asshole that just wants to make me miserable, even though I know that isn't true at all. I made the post in a very bad mood (big mistake). I can just delete the post if that's best, I really didn't mean to just come in here to rant.

mastered

Postby mastered » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:08 pm UTC

They make us pay to be smart. If you don't have the money, you can't take the AP test, and if you don't take the AP test, then you don't get AP credit - even if you took the AP level class. It just seems wrong, somehow. Seriously.
Things are only impossible until they aren't. - Cpt. Picard

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:17 pm UTC

mastered wrote:They make us pay to be smart. If you don't have the money, you can't take the AP test, and if you don't take the AP test, then you don't get AP credit - even if you took the AP level class. It just seems wrong, somehow. Seriously.

Er, you can get a fee waiver. I did.

Well. You heard him.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 pm UTC

mastered wrote:They make us pay to be smart. If you don't have the money, you can't take the AP test, and if you don't take the AP test, then you don't get AP credit - even if you took the AP level class. It just seems wrong, somehow. Seriously.
On the flip side, the AP test allows you to skip courses in colleges/universities. 100 bucks for a test or 500 bucks for a course?
Mr. Freeman wrote:
aeromax wrote:but the earlier books are just facts and problems. The newer ones have review questions, sample questions, worked-out solutions, guided practice

I don't see this as a problem. I like having the facts, formula, explanation of the formula, problems, solved solutions with the steps explained, etc. If you don't need them, then don't read them.
You may wish so now, but you will turn around when you get to college. Ever tried reading a graduate text book without solutions, explanations, sample questions? Let me tell you: It's not fun.

mastered

Postby mastered » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 pm UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:

Only if you qualify.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:22 pm UTC

mastered wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:

Only if you qualify.

What exactly does it take to qualify?
(I could look it up.. but nah.)
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

My stepdad got laid off, I now qualify for free school lunches, and that was all it took to convince them of that. Note that I'm not really poor by measures other than this, I don't eat the free lunches because I can afford the $3 a day to eat off campus. So the qualifications are presumably not that steep.

Well. You heard him.

mastered

Postby mastered » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 pm UTC

kapojinha wrote:
mastered wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:

Only if you qualify.

What exactly does it take to qualify?
(I could look it up.. but nah.)

It depends on your household income. My father has a good job, so I have to pay for the chance to get AP credit.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 pm UTC

Yeah, but it was waaaay cheaper than taking the class, so I wouldn't complain. Now, if you were in the income bracket that makes you feel like you *ought* to get a waiver, and don't, I can see the argument, sorta. But you still got to take an AP class, so if you have to take it again in college, it'll be easier, it'll be easier to get a scholarship into colleges because your academic record will be more robust, and some schools will weight the GPA as well (mine doesn't).

All in all, I don't think the College Board is being all that bastardly about it, although they're hardly a charity.

Well. You heard him.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm UTC

Huh. I didn't know that. Good to know though, thanks.

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

I found that if your willing to go through the paperwork to avoid having to pay, you will usually qualify. I really lucked out at my school where our exam fees are covered by our magnet program. It would have been a pain trying to get waivers for the eight AP exams I have taken over the past two years.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

I don't know about my school.. you probably could get a waiver, but then again that would require talking to our academic coordinator, who's a troll. And most kids would rather just pay the 45 dollars to take the exam then talk to her, I'll warrant.

mastered

Postby mastered » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

I've heard that unless you get the exemption from re-taking the classes in college, then your freshman year will be filled with unsurvivably boring classes.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 pm UTC

mastered wrote:I've heard that unless you get the exemption from re-taking the classes in college, then your freshman year will be filled with unsurvivably boring classes.
And with AP credits, you usually can, as long as you actually score a 4 or 5.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:14 am UTC

achan1058 wrote:
mastered wrote:I've heard that unless you get the exemption from re-taking the classes in college, then your freshman year will be filled with unsurvivably boring classes.
And with AP credits, you usually can, as long as you actually score a 4 or 5.

I thought a 3 was acceptable as well?

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:25 am UTC

It's up to the school that will be giving you the credits.

Well. You heard him.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:55 pm UTC

Is it possible that even if you get a 4 or 5 that they choose not to exempt you from the class?

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

That I don't know. Anyways, it is usually written in the university webpage, so if they do not choose to do it, you can avoid that school all together.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:44 pm UTC

achan1058 wrote:That I don't know. Anyways, it is usually written in the university webpage, so if they do not choose to do it, you can avoid that school all together.

Haha, if the uni I want to go to doesn't exempt from compulsory courses, I don't think I'd mind that much.. I would still want to go there.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:29 pm UTC

kapojinha wrote:Is it possible that even if you get a 4 or 5 that they choose not to exempt you from the class?

Yep. Caltech, for example, gives no AP credit at all.

Well. You heard him.

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 am UTC

It might be a month since the last post but I'll add my rant.

I'm white, a Venturer Scout, play Warhammer 40,000, wear glasses and am in the extension class for every subject. So you can see I'm a big target for jackarse's.

I copped shitloads of crap for 2 years for being a nerd and all that. I took it on the chin because I knew they were toolbags who weren't going to do anything with their lives. Suddenly a rumour goes around that I have brewed up some extasy and have home made dynomite and people left me alone(I honestly have no idea how that happened).

This new found awesomeness was added to during the year nine camp(K-6, 7-12 is how my schools work). For such a nerd it turns out I've been hiking, abseiling, rock climbing etc and I was showing up all the toolbags on all the activities(Whats that? Your scared of that 10m abseil? Here let me angel dive off that 30m cliff). Then at night i bring out the fire staff and show them a nice performance of fire twirling and fire breathing. I had some left over kerosene and said anyone could try it. Yet again the douches were scared shitless.

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:29 pm UTC

What really burns me about my school: The super religious people trying to shove their beliefs down people's throats.

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:23 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIou3kf ... re=related

Here's a fix to that problem. The lyrics are Ave Satani, which means Hail Satan in Latin.

Return to “School”