Revenge of the nerds

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Bearboy

Revenge of the nerds

Postby Bearboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 am UTC

Ok it's getting to summer here and the water bombs are starting to come out. Anyway I'm in year 10 and a bunch of year 9 douche bags are targeting me and my friends every lunch. Despite their best efforts their aim is crap. Out of the hundreds of balloons thrown(And dozens of eggs and some open white out bottles) we only get a soft splatter or they hit an innocent bystander(They throw them from outside a second story window). However it is really starting to piss us off.

I know this is going to escalate badly. They have done their ridiculous threats on our life, threatening to get their brothers, cousins, friends etc to bash us. And after one day they tossed a few bombs me and 2 mates bolted into the building and up the stairs where the 8 or so ran at the site of us even though we managed to get the slowest 3. My Asian friend managed to kick a guy in the head and told him to piss off when he ran down a hallway while my other mate pushed one down about 5 stairs when trying to run into a joining building and I tackled the third one down the stairs and landed on him pretty hard we then told them both to fuck off and die.

Anyway no matter how much we tell the teachers nothing will happen unless it does escalate so we have already went above the teachers and applied for AVO's on the douches for continued harassment and assault, although we reckon the police will just throw them out because of how immature it may seem.

Now the only other way we can fight back apart from kicking the shit out of them(Being nerds that we are 3/4 of us have done extensive martial arts training and we are older and bigger than them) is to send their details to the Church of Scientology. A mate says he has a contact which infiltrated the church during 4Chan's initial attack on them and has remained somewhat of a member working to bring down the system from the inside. Anyway a little searching and hacking got us their addresses, names, immediate family history and other stuff which we can send to our contact who would pass it on stating they were making fun of his religion.

Now this is where we really need to think. Do we destroy a bunch of douche bags lives because they have pissed us off to the extreme? Is their any non violent way we could use to get back at them? Not silly immature pranks, something serious enough for example if the AVO's actually work they have to move schools.

TaintedDeity

Re: Revenge of the nerds

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 am UTC

Why do you need to do anything?
Just don't go near the window they chuck stuff out of.
They want a reaction; they want to laugh at the stupid nerds feaking out at water balloons and by giving shouting, chasing or fighting them you give them entertainment.
Ignore the bastards.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 am UTC

So I should go through life avoiding places I might encounter toolbags? Give up my rights to hang out in a place I like just to avoid confrontation?

And the way my school is built any place but the rugby feild is in throwing distance of a window or hiding spot. And a few times they have actually run past us, tossed the bombs(And missed) and kept on running.

Mr. Freeman

Postby Mr. Freeman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am UTC

Do NOT avoid the place simply because some fuckers want to give you hell. That is seriously the worst advice I've ever heard. I mean, if it were a high-crime area and you had a risk of getting mugged/shot then it might be prudent to avoid it, but don't let a couple asshats push you around with some water balloons.

Also don't bother sending their details to the cult of scientology. They aren't going to connect getting junk mail with throwing water balloons at you and even if they do it will just serve to piss them off more.

chasing or fighting them you give them entertainment. Ignore the bastards.

I wish all of this "don't do anything, just take it" bullshit would come to an end. How on earth is someone supposed to ignore abuse, ignore water balloons, etc? They won't stop the first time you don't give them a reaction. It will take weeks for them to get bored. At least 15 more work-days of this bullshit on the off chance that they might go away.
The reason bullies like this can continue to exist is because people don't stand up to them and put them in their fucking place.

If you can afford a taser, you might want to consider it. Taser one of them once and they won't fuck with you again. I mean an actual taser, not a generic stun gun that you have to push into the person. Although, be ready to pop the fucker into drive stun mode if the other people charge at you after you've fired the cartridge.

You said that most of you were bigger, stronger, and had martial arts training. The solution might be pretty simple. The next time they pull this shit, some of you charge the building and the rest run to the ground floor exits. Beat them up a bit.
This risks the school coming down on you, but if your parents are behind you then you can beat any punishment whatsoever. (at least in the U.S.). All it takes is one parent saying "My little snookems couldn't have done this, I won't let him be punished, etc" (regardless of evidence) and you get off scot free. Of course, the police might take an interest and that's a lot harder to deal with.

It strikes me as odd that they continue to do this even after you've pushed them down stairs and delivered kicks to the head.

Reminds me of a family guy quote: "I see that your problems obviously stem from deep seated inner pain. The obvious solution is therefore a healthy dose of OUTER PAIN"

NOTE: I'm pretty tired now so this message might come off sounding as overly violent. I'm not trying to encourage violence, please don't start needless violence. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be afraid to defend yourself. This bullshit notion of "you should just take the beating and then let the courts slap the guy on the wrist about 6 months from now after an expensive legal battle" needs to end now.

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 am UTC

Well we got the slowest 3 of about 8 and after the push, tackle or kick we let them go on their merry way. So when it wasn't a proper woop arse they just came back and kept on tossing them.

And yeah the whole take it crap does piss me off but violence is a last resort. And exspecially only in self defence so thats why I'm asking for ways to ruin their lives instead of send them to the emergency room.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am UTC

I am not sure about other countries, but here in the US, throwing eggs and bottles is usually considered assault, and if you manage to catch it on tape, or talk to a teacher and have that teacher conveniently walk in on them throwing stuff, then they're in pretty deep shit and your problem is solved.

Otherwise, I simply advise you to stay out of the wrong. Don't do anything with the 'hacked' data, and don't do any more of said hacking. Don't try and hurt these kids; there may be security cameras, and freshman are still young enough that some will still run to the nearest adult if they get picked on by you. You are clearly in the right here - don't do anything that brings you down to even with these little punks, because then you lose any adult-enforced rights. Also, I think in most places you need to be 18, at least, to own a taser, and using one unless you are clearly in danger could be considered assault.

Don't bother sending their info to a cult. Scientology in particular is a money-based cult, and unless these kids are thowing Icelandic spring water balloons, chances are they're not CEOs' sons and therefore worthwhile targets for the cult.

Personally, the best way to deal with them is to simply have some of you, and exactly equal number to however many of them there are, and simply walk up inside the school to wherever they are throwing stuff from. If you all are bigger, stronger, and martial arts trained as you stated, then it should be easy to intimidate them without violence. Simply have the toughest of you explain very clearly and calmly that they are going to put down their balloons and walk down the stair and eat lunch outside like good little freshmen. If they question you, tell them that otherwise you will pick them up like and carry them like the babies they are. No violence, no problems.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 pm UTC

In Australia high school starts in year 7 not year 9 and the douches won't run to the nearest adult. We got 3 of them and they didn't tell. And no security cameras in my school. Tasers are out of the question as even Aussies don't think the police should have them. And confronting them and talking to them about using intimidation. Unless we corner them to talk to them they just run a different way when ever we get close. And the techers do nothing. Nothing at all.

Also the reason I mentioned the cult is because my mate says he has a friend on the inside. If he(The insider) claims these douches are making fun of his "religion" then don't they get harrassed like theres no tommorow?

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:51 pm UTC

If I were you I would not go with the completely non violent option OR wait until they attack to retaliate. First, you should exhaust ALL your legal options. This means tell teachers, administrators, and police. If possible get your parents in on it, adults are more likely to listen to each other than to children. Furthermore, if you have any suspicions about other illegal things they might be doing, report those.
Wait until you have done all of these BEFORE taking this next step, as if the police do get involved you want to look as innocent as possible. Then just find one of them when they are alone, walk up behind them and place them in a bear hug, headlock or rear naked choke. Hold it for 5 seconds before saying a few choice words that do not explicitly threaten them, but make it absolutely clear what could happen if they continue. Again, you want to keep your nose as clean as possible. If you go for the rear naked choke, be absolutely sure that you don't actually hurt them. The idea is just to make it clear that you could hurt them. Immediately afterwards you should try to avoid being alone in an area where they might gang up on you. If possible tell your friends beforehand so you can make sure you are always in a group for the next few days.
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

Dunboyne Affcot

Postby Dunboyne Affcot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:21 am UTC

Bearboy wrote:In Australia high school starts in year 7 not year 9 and the douches won't run to the nearest adult. And the techers do nothing. Nothing at all.

If you don't mind me asking, which state are you in? I'd recommend that you skip the teachers if they're not doing anything, and go straight to the police. If you tell them about the death threats then they would HAVE to act. And if the teachers truly do nothing, perhaps you could inform a higher authority of this? They can't turn a blind eye to this sort of thing in schools. As for you and your friends, I agree with the posters above who have told you to keep your head down and stay out of the wrong. Retaliating only gives them reason to continue, and if the legal/police involvement does eventuate, you don't want to have any blood on your hands, so to speak. The actions you report that your and your friends did "in self defense" sound pretty extreme already.
Pike.
Just do nothing.

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:47 am UTC

Well the death threats are them being idiots trying to make them sound tougher.

And yeah the teachers don't care. The worse they have gotten is 30 lines for throwing water bombs.

Squid Tamer

Postby Squid Tamer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 am UTC

Now that the physical attack was attempted and didn't work, then I suggest reminding them that what they're doing is legally assault, and that assault is punishable by law.
And if you do actually call the police, then play up the "Assault and bombardment" angle. Water balloons don't sound all that threatening.

Bearboy

Postby Bearboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 pm UTC

Well I guess you Americans don't understand what an AVO is. Apprehended violence order so basically a restraining order agains't the little shits. And if it does get passed they have to leave schools(But as was said water bombs don't sound that threatening although white out bottles and eggs do).

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

I just... what?
They're throwing stuff at you. Little things.
Don't make it a war with them, you'll always lose because they want you to participate.
You could say they're trolling.

What authority figures have you reported this too and what exactly have you done/said?
Ⓞⓞ◯

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 am UTC

Death threats?

Here's what you do. Photocopy them. Distribute them to principals, assistant principals (if that's the system they use in Australia), and other people with power. If it's anything like it is here, you can get them arrested.

That's what I recommend: Report it to the cops, but DONT do anything that could even let them consider you "provoked" them. That just causes trouble when the cops ask you what happened.

Also, while they'll probably shit themselves if you use force to get them to stop (such as a headlock and a few stern words), they'll probably also make their parents shit themselves of the "Big seniors beating us up and threatening us."
Spoiler:

Ventanator

Postby Ventanator » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

Well, I'm suprised that no one has suggested the oldest trick in any book ever: go talk to one of their mothers. Just tell her very plainly that her son is being really mean to you, and that you really really wish that he would stop. Yeah, you will look like a total wuss, and it won't do anything (probably), but it will make it better when you do 'accidentally' end up hurting one of them.

But, the AVO thing sounds pretty serious. Maybe if one of your parents sent it in? Send a few more in, but make sure to keep copies and records of doing it. Try and get a video of them harassing you too, a cell phone video would probably be great. Once you have all of that then it should be pretty obvious that you've tried to make it stop non-violently.

After that, then you should be clear to do what Two-fry suggested and scare the living piss out of them. It works pretty well, especially if you do it to the leader (read: biggest douche).

I dunno...the mom thing up there sounds way worse as I read over it...but still...

Ryuk

Postby Ryuk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:14 am UTC

I don't think that violence could be spun as self defense, in this case it would be retaliation which is not legally protected from punishment. But in this case the balloons are assault, which would be extremely simple to prove. I feel the need to actually think of a suggestion at this current juncture so... here it goes. I am assuming this lunch is at school, can you get a teacher to attend so you can have an adult witness, if they witness the event they can't just dismiss your claims. Alternately you could try to corner them in this place they throw these balloons from and attempt to provoke them to fighting you, then you could legally beat the living c*ap out of these ass-clowns, it would just be self defense. As for them running to a teacher/parent/etc. I doubt they would do so, because they wont want to admit what they have been doing. If you do take a violent option try not to mark them, they might not want to tell people about their harassment, but if their parents see injuries they will probably insist on reporting it to some degree.
:()[ :|:& ];:

:()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];:

:()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];:

:()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];::()[ :|:& ];:

gereffi

Postby gereffi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:59 am UTC

As long as your both under 18, just beat the shit out of them. I don't mean tackle them and scare them. Hurt one of them. Get your knuckles bloody. Then they'll stop.

Return to “School”