Maybe I should have stuck with Math or Science

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

scotty2haughty

Maybe I should have stuck with Math or Science

Postby scotty2haughty » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:00 am UTC

So I took the LSAT to get into law school and I scored in the 48th percentile. Not too happy about that.
For some reason I am compelled towards things I suck at...for example sports...I sucked but loved them.
Debate team...sucked...but loved.
Now this.
I was so good in math and science too...even in college. Aced my calc class for my pre-req...maybe should have stuck with it a while longer.

I guess Ill see what happens.
/s/

Kow

Re: Maybe I should have stuck with Math or Science

Postby Kow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 am UTC

48th percentile means you can make progress. Use this as a chance to get good at something you're not. I mean, if you could ace the law school test, why should you go to law school? You gotta learn somewhere.

MiB24601

Postby MiB24601 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 pm UTC

Kow wrote:48th percentile means you can make progress. Use this as a chance to get good at something you're not. I mean, if you could ace the law school test, why should you go to law school? You gotta learn somewhere.

The LSAT doesn't actually test legal knowledge. It's supposed to be an aptitude test to measure how well a student will do in law school.

scotty2haughty wrote:So I took the LSAT to get into law school and I scored in the 48th percentile. Not too happy about that.

Well, 48th percentile is a 151, right? It's not a good score but with some practice, you should be able to improve your score enough to get into law school somewhere. Anyway, LSAT score's aren't the most important thing that law schools consider. A classmate of mine had a much lower LSAT score than I did but she had great undergraduate grades so she was able to get in to law school based on that.

Good luck!
"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

scotty2haughty

Postby scotty2haughty » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:42 pm UTC

Yeah I'm going back and forth on re-taking it. 151 will get me in a few places...I have a 3.8 undergrad GPA so that helps too. I've been bummed out about my score since I got it though...
/s/

Return to “School”