School Prom

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

silvermace

School Prom

Postby silvermace » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:32 pm UTC

Everyone knows that the high school prom is one of the most exciting events in the junior/senior year of high school. I'm really excited (being that its my junior year) and I can't wait for prom to happen. Unfortunately, tickets are $60, and being the boy, I feel it is an almost necessary show of good gesture to buy the ticket for the girl as well. A total of $120, not including tuxedo rentals and everything else. Thats why I'm thinking about doing the Post Prom Logo Contest. The contest is to create a logo for Post Prom, and the winner recieves 2 tickets, free!

Well I was hoping that you guys could give me some ideas about what I should do, i got a couple myselves but a wider viarety of ideas would be helpful.

Logo Information:
School name: Methacton High School
Theme: Philadelphia
Logos should be graphically strong, but not too much detail. Computer grpahics or origional drawing are permitted, but no clip art.

Omegaton

Re: School Prom

Postby Omegaton » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 pm UTC

I wonder if the art forum might be a better place.

You might want to do a quick search for logo design. But at the very least, consider doing it in vector (for scaleability) and restricting it to maybe 4 colors (for simplicity). Make sure that the entire logo works together, rather than being a bunch of individual units.

I'm not sure how simple they're asking, but part of me would want to do this in the way the custom Google logos are done, but that might be too complex.

Mr. Freeman

Postby Mr. Freeman » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:42 am UTC

silvermace wrote:Everyone knows that the high school prom is one of the most exciting events in the junior/senior year of high school.

You're really funny.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure why "Philadelphia" is a theme, but doing some quick wikipedia searching yielded a picture of the Philadelphia skyline.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lvania.jpg

That might be something to put on there.

wst

Postby wst » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:44 pm UTC

In west philadelphia, born and raised...

The font from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air logo, with your school replacing 'Bel Air' and something about the prom replacing the 'Fresh Prince'...
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 pm UTC

This is the Philadelphia you want.
Also, obligation for a) to only go as a pair to a high school prom/leavers' ball & b) that the male half pays for both tickets - what the flux? I know black tie hire is possibly a bit on the cheaper side in comparison to the dresses the lasses opt for, but still, no need to shoulder that load out of assumed moral requirement. I guess I just missed that memo...

MisterCheif

Postby MisterCheif » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:27 am UTC

Yeah, I'd think a Philadelphia skyline would be a pretty good basis for a logo, albeit unoriginal.

And, OT:

I know people that go to Methacton. And Methacton's football team is pretty bad to have lost to our football team this year. It has been our only win I think... Which, of course, means we lost to Pious, who you beat... Bonus points if you can guess which school I am from...
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.

silvermace

Postby silvermace » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:23 pm UTC

assuming you're in the PAC 10.....

There is no school that only has 1 win :p
so...phoenixville or springford?

pottstown has 0 wins so thats not you, so any of the above? :p

MisterCheif

Postby MisterCheif » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 am UTC

Phoenixville. My marching band has long given up on the football team winning. And Pottstown does have one win, as of last friday. They beat us...
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain

Postby thicknavyrain » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 pm UTC

Thanks to all the yanks, your media influence,
Our end of school rituals have reached a confluence,
You see, we held a prom when we were 16,
The first of it's kind our school has seen,
And now we brits are socially obligated,
To attend a social function which is mostly overrated,
Though I profess that I enjoyed certain elements,
Sometimes I fail to see the relevance,
If we could save our money (It cost 15 pounds),
And pool it, to have our own night out on the town.[1]
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.

supermelon928

Postby supermelon928 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm UTC

Mr. Freeman wrote:
silvermace wrote:a picture of the Philadelphia skyline.

That might be something to put on there.

I wholeheartedly agree. Including a basic outline of the skyline in the logo could potentially be really really cool.
Consort! what, dost thou make us minstrels? an
thou make minstrels of us, look to hear nothing but
discords: here's my fiddlestick; here's that shall
make you dance. 'Zounds, consort!

Return to “School”