MS Paint Adventures thread

For those sublime unions of literature and art.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Bright Shadows

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Bright Shadows » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:23 pm UTC

Vriska's dedication to her quirk in light of the current situation is highly disturbing.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:26 pm UTC

Is there anything about vriska that isn't disturbing?
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:20 pm UTC

Whelp, Eridan is back, and I guess he's gunning for a certain green sun fueled attacker too. Not surprising really.
More importantly though:
Spoiler:
;-; Poor Johnnytop, we barely knew ye.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:30 pm UTC

I'm more shocked at the fact that

Spoiler:
Jade apparently has a Grandson who's been contacting her from the future...
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

Decker

Postby Decker » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:53 am UTC

Belial wrote:Is there anything about vriska that isn't disturbing?

She's an interesting character anyway.
All the trolls are pretty twisted in one way or another.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:51 pm UTC

Decker wrote:She's an interesting character anyway.
All the trolls are pretty twisted in one way or another.
Yeah, twisted from our perspective, but--like, I think it's been made adequately clear from our glimpses of Troll society that it's the sort of thing that just breeds all sorts of misanthropy and sociopathy. That being said, Vriska is a special case; even the other trolls think of her as a cold-hearted super-psycho-fuck. There was a time when I felt a lot of sympathy for her (because she was clearly aware that she's damaged goods), but... man, it's kind of hard to give a fuck about her anymore.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

The events of the comic have caused me to slowly change my ranking of her from 'bitch' to 'hyper-bitch' to 'OMEGA SUPREME BITCH' as I read on.

Having read the most recent page, I can honestly say that we shouldn't seen something similar to

Spoiler:
Jade using her dead dream self as her second prototyping occuring ever since her introduction, especially since she dislikes fursuits for not being the real thing.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:40 pm UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:
Spoiler:
Jade using her dead dream self as her second prototyping occuring ever since her introduction, especially since she dislikes fursuits for not being the real thing.
Spoiler:
When that happened, I almost laughed aloud.

"You're sure gonna miss him!"

HUP

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 am UTC

Spoiler:
And then it went from funny to a little horrifying when Jadesprite had a freak out and started shooting lighting everywhere. Talking about it later, I put forward the theory that Jade may have created an immortal paradox clone/copy, and that paradox space is unable to deal with the results.

And then Andrew Hussie trolled us again by introducing anther new character whom I refer to (based on the comic) as 'The Most Important Character In Homestuck', raising more questions.

Finally, and if my friends' intel is correct, Andrew will be finished the comic on the date he guessed he'd be finished (4/13), with Act 6 being the climax of the story and Act 7 being an epilogue consisting of nothing but animated videos.

In short, 2011 will be a most amazing year for all.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:07 pm UTC

Spoiler:
That was Gamzee, silly. He is apparently bleeding quite a lot, which is unfortunate, but trolls can handle blood loss like champs, so not that bad. As long as Bec Noir didn't show up.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:50 pm UTC

Spoiler:
That was one of the theories we threw out there. And while I'll wait for some confirmation before saying otherwise, we should probably be concerned as to why he's bleeding like crazy.

I bet he doesn't update until Monday just to spite me and my anticipation.

EDIT: I looked at that page again and, yes, I can confirm it's Gamzee.

Does this mean he's behind everything? That he's not who he appears to be?

What the hell is going on?

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Spoiler:
Appropriate 612th post: My favorite theory right now is that Gamzee is the narrator. Hussie is, too, obviously, because of his rampant self-inserts, but it's possible there's room for a second voice. I mean, Gamzee is a bard and all. Even though we don't know what he's the bard of, his vocation is still telling tales. Also, dude is around at some highly odd times. When Vriska is doing her thing, for instance, he's in the background. He could know stuff. Terezi also notes his habit of staring during Hivebent.

Alternate theory: Gamzee is a green sun powered beast in combat. This doesn't make sense without the Insane Clown Posse video screencap, but suffice to say, in the Miracles video, there's a green sun hanging around some tents and it's KINDA SUSPICIOUS. Also, he doesn't, in fact, have his strongest weapon. He has the least deadly pair of clubs creatable when he is sent to the meteor. Once again, KINDA SUSPICIOUS because we know the trolls were supposed to be equipped with the best weapons grist could build, according to Aradiabot.

Either way Gamzee could hold the most important role, or he might just have a strange but needed place. Who knows with Hussie?

Happy New Year.

Decker

Postby Decker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:34 am UTC

Spoiler:
My theory is Andrew was just being facetious by saying Gamzee was the most important character.
Also, it looks like Gamzee has two parallel cuts running across his face, so I'm guessing Nepeta might have something to do with it.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm UTC

Anywho, looks like Wayward Vagabond has some inner turmoil courtesy of our favorite orange bug. I hope he eats her and doesn't even care, seriously.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm UTC

This comic just gets crazier and crazier.

Maybe I'll take a break, though. The story seems to have hit a slow point at this point.

Or something.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 am UTC

Clearly the solution is to further analyze in-depth recent developments and speculate further on what they will bring tomorrow! Or not. :P

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:24 am UTC

Latest update...

Spoiler:
WHATISGOINGONHEREOHGODOHGODTARVOSDIEDOHGODOHGODWHYWHYWHYWHYWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:49 am UTC

My theory:
Spoiler:
Vriska-- Thief of *Light*-- went on to a god tier (with a sun we've seen before, can't remember who it was associated with but if it was Rose that supports it; I know Rose is the one who's been talking about the green sun and Vriska's blue could be associated with water)
Aradia-- Maid of *Time*-- just went on to a god tier (with a gear symbol we've seen associated with Dave, as well as fire-red)

Note that both those title elements are shared by the kids. So, honestly, I'm thinking the same thing's gonna happen to the Page of *Breath*. (Who types in wind-grey, iirc?)

I could be totally wrong, I often have been with this comic because there is an awful lot of what I am really calling complete bullshit in the most respectful and referential of manners. But if not, that would mean-- *checks wiki again*
Spoiler:
OH FUCK KANAYA AAAAAAAAAAA OH GOD SHE TYPES IN EARTH-GREEN TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
But it's just as likely I'll be proved laughably wrong.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:59 am UTC

And I just remembered that trolls seem to be built a lot stronger then humans, so it's possible that...

Spoiler:
Tarvos didn't sustain a fatal wound.

But I be being too optimistic about that.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:57 am UTC

Spoiler:
Honestly I'm kind of sick of resurrections and extra lives already. If Tavros is dead, it'll be sad, and I liked him, but also like him as motivation for round 3: newly god tier'd Aradia vs god tier'd Vriska. It's been a while since Aradia and Tavros interacted on screen, but they were flarp buddies and all.

On the other hand, Tavros not dying from that is fairly reasonable. The trolls are pretty darn hardy. I would be 0kay with that.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 am UTC

Spoiler:
Well, it looks like Tarvos is dead. Landed right near Terizi. I smell a shitstorm comin.

I mean, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has gotten me used to the idea of heroic characters getting killed off out of the blue, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck...

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm UTC

Spoiler:
The universe is now a frog.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:18 am UTC

Bright Shadows wrote:
Spoiler:
The universe is now a frog.

It's so mundane you wonder why you bothered to comment. ;)

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 pm UTC

Another playable section, and we learn more about Eriden.

Apparently you can kill the NPCs from each world, but they won't take it too kindly.

Spoiler:
EDIT! Ferfei bites the dust due to Eriden's cowardice and stupidity.

By which I mean he wanted to join up with the bad guy and then killed her in an act of stupidity.

And rage.

God dammit, this series has just racked up the body count of a single section of 'Jojo's Bizarre Adventures', and it's going to keep going on from the looks of things.

It looks Ferfei's earlier comment about being dead was actually literal.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:27 am UTC

What, we didn't know he was a raving douche? ;)

Spoiler:
Eridan is the troll who's there to make the other trolls not look like assholes, and it is the only thing he is any good at whatsoever. I mean good god he is a spectacular jackass. And it is awesome watching every single person tell him that. "Good god why don't you fucking listen?!" I mean, I officially forgive Karkat for being nuts and a bit of a jackass, I'm now officially fine with Feferi/Sollux (it's a bit on the twee side for me, if that makes any sense, but fuck yeah kick some ass), Kanaya was always awesome but aaugh the poor thing. He's not going to leave her alone unless she kicks his ass to the curb outright, and it would take a lot to get Kanaya to be so blatantly aggressive.

Edit for update:
Spoiler:
Fucking douchewit... Christ, Vriska may not know what the fuck she wants but at least she's useful and competent. Eridan is deliberately and persistently useless and an abusive self-centered fuckwit but there's no way in hell he's coming back from this one. Maybe someone will kill him soon so we don't have to put up with his inevitable egocentric emo bullshit any longer?? No chance? Meh. :evil:

Decker

Postby Decker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 am UTC

Spoiler:
Man, this comic is getting morbid all of a sudden. Karkat's going to have a job and a half keeping everyone from killing everyone else.
Consensus on the MSPA forum seems to be that Nepeta is next on the chopping block. I'm not sure I disagree, even though I want to.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 am UTC

Spoiler:
Decker, if there's one thing I've learned from JJBA, it's that no character in a story with an 'anyone can die' approach is safe. For all we know Nepeta could servive to the end of the series while a character like Terezi or even Rose could end up getting killed.

I'd say that until the existence of some sort of afterlife is confirmed or until Hussie says so, every single character in the comic is now at risk of getting killed off at any moment.

Brace yourself for lots of tension and broken hearts from now until the end of the series.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 am UTC

Spoiler:
Kanaya and Karkat are both watching this in horror. Karkat is friends with Sollux (no significant Fef interaction) and Kanaya gave Eridan the wand. Whatever happens, everything just hit the fan. The fan that skydived in from absolutely nowhere.

Also, I love the art for this last bit.

Man oh man, what an update.

EDIT:
Triangle_Man wrote:I'd say that until the existence of some sort of afterlife is confirmed or until Hussie says so, every single character in the comic is now at risk of getting killed off at any moment.

The horrorterrors have kept Feferi alive, at the least. That's why she landed on the horn pile, to signify that she was asleep. Just, she can't wake up now.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:56 am UTC

Update...

FUCK YOU ERIDEN!!!

JUST...JUST...

FUCK.YOU.

God, this series had better have a happy ending or else I'm going to cut myself.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 am UTC

AAAAUGH seconded. Lusus-fucking misbegotten...

Is there a trope for Heel/Complete Monster Turn?

(Also, if it does end badly, I suggest turning to the comfort of fanfiction, because there will be a fucking wave and a lot of it will be excellent. Check out the Archive Of Our Own collection if that day comes and you need it. The authors are as brilliant as the writers and musicians... they'll just never get a chance to contribute. >_>)

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:10 pm UTC

Dudes, 's a comic.

The odds are at least one in three that this will all be undone in short order -with more temporal boogaloo.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 pm UTC

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better.

I'd made a JJBA comparison after all of the character deaths (although Lord of the Flies may have been more appropriate), and I'm hoping that things turn out similar to the end of each part of JJBA...

That no matter how strong or vicious their enemies get, no matter how dark things look, our heroes will be able to rise to the occasion and earn their own happy ending.

Edit: You know what, scratch that hope and happy ending Bullshit.

CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWN WILL GET ME!!!

CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWN WILL GET ME!!!

WE ARE ALL DOOMED BY THE NEWLY CROWNED BARD OF THE MESSIAH!!! EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE, THAT SHIP IS SINKING AND THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Gamzee is awesome. Like, I can't really express just how awesome he is right now. The quirk change was brilliant. I'm missing the hilarious similes and such, but this is still so good.

Really, I wonder how the trolls got away from the nightmares if not sopor. It sounds like they had some, based on Karkat's advice, so why didn't Gamzee have the code? He wouldn't just stop eating it, right?

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 pm UTC

Spoiler:
It does not fit for the Bard of the Messiah to be eating that stuff.

It rusts a big hole right through your motherfucking brain, after all.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 pm UTC

Bright Shadows wrote:
Spoiler:
so why didn't Gamzee have the code? He wouldn't just stop eating it, right?
I missed something.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 am UTC

Spoiler:
The trolls have alchemy equipment, so Gamzee could have made more sopor with the proper captcha code.

Spoiler:
Edit for update: Gamzee is now confirmed to be epic tier in terms of power. Also: bard of rage. I laughed. So very very hard. Out loud, at 1:20 am. I love this so much.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I find the current update depressing, horrifying and hilarious all at once. What the hell did Gamzee do to the king?

Decker

Postby Decker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:
Spoiler:
I find the current update depressing, horrifying and hilarious all at once. What the hell did Gamzee do to the king?

Spoiler:
What ever it was, it was on par with max level God-Tier Vriska rolling all eights. That's just terrifying.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Agreed.

Also interesting is the fact that Karkat has basically vented at Eridian's past self (back when his genocidal tendencies weren't so pronounced) and told him that he will kill him the next time he sees him.

While I really shouldn't be happy about Karkat planning on doing the exact same thing Eridian just did, I...guess he's earned my sympathy. Especially in light of what's happened.

Decker

Postby Decker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 am UTC

From now on, Gamzee will be voiced by Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop in my head.

Return to “Comics/Graphic Novels”