MS Paint Adventures thread

For those sublime unions of literature and art.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

ameretrifle
Vera

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 am UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:
Spoiler:
Also interesting is the fact that Karkat has basically vented at Eridian's past self (back when his genocidal tendencies weren't so pronounced) and told him that he will kill him the next time he sees him.

While I really shouldn't be happy about Karkat planning on doing the exact same thing Eridian just did, I...guess he's earned my sympathy. Especially in light of what's happened.

Um.... what?
Spoiler:
Eridan:
-wanted to genocide all land-dwelling trolls from panel 1
-actively pursued means of genociding all land-dwelling trolls
-plotted to betray the 12 surviving land-dwelling trolls to Jack Noir (thus genociding them what a coincidence I wonder where that shocking twist came from? :O)
-incessantly whined about getting insufficient attention from people he held in obvious and abject contempt
-used every girl he came across without the consideration of giving something in return ever crossing his mind for the most fleeting of seconds
-decided to murder initially nonviolent NPCs for absolutely no reason
-expected everyone else to meet in his world (with the pissed-off angels) and didn't even consider (again) meeting in one of their shitholes (it would be so beneath him)
-murdered his former best friend/love interested when she attempted to stop him from murdering every other living troll
-(and getting his dumb ass killed in the bargain, might I add, as anyone who was paying attention would have known, and everyone who heard tried to tell him)
-murdered the last hope of the troll race just to piss off the second of the 3 trolls who occasionally showed him attention
-murdered said troll with the weapon she made for him when she, for some reason, got angry about the above
-ran off, though I will grant you he did not kill Karkat for no reason, so clearly he is okay with people as long as they are doormats

Karkat:
-said that when he next met Eridan, he would brutally kill him (and only him) in return for the cold-blooded murder of his friends that happened *right in front of his eyes* five minutes ago (did I mention the blood of one of those victims was at that moment staining his hands)

...Jesus Christ how do you live with your arrant hypocrisy in finding one more sympathetic than the other. Clearly you should be ashamed. There's no substantive difference there at all.

Of course, I thought Eridan was an utterly insufferable douchebag from day one. I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:17 pm UTC

Ah.

That would explain my sympathies lying with Karkat, in spite of the fact that murder is, by and by, wrong no matter why you do it (that is my personal belief, but this is a story).

Of course, my pondering of the situation doesn't change the fact that I fully expect Eridian to get what's coming to him in the near future. Especially since he is a moronic murderous hipster asshole.

Gamzee vs. Eridian fight, y'all.
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 am UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:Ah.

That would explain my sympathies lying with Karkat, in spite of the fact that murder is, by and by, wrong no matter why you do it (that is my personal belief, but this is a story).

Of course, my pondering of the situation doesn't change the fact that I fully expect Eridian to get what's coming to him in the near future. Especially since he is a moronic murderous hipster asshole.

Gamzee vs. Eridian fight, y'all.

Spoiler:
It would explain why our previous shot of Gamzee portrayed him as covered in blood of a rich purple-ish hue.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 am UTC

I was sort of tempted to suggest that he might become an Imperial Drone, because they have to come from somewhere.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:21 am UTC

So I read the most recent page of Homestuck at a friend's house tonight, and I laughed harder than I ever had in my entire life.

It was pretty ridiculous, but I guess I needed something to releave the tension after the last few pages of angst and horror.

Edit

In response to the Latest Update...

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 pm UTC

Comedy gold.

Spoiler:
Good to see Mom and Dad getting some characterization. Even a little bit goes a long way, given the current state.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 am UTC

So, since the mood has suddenly changed again, I figure it's time for some humor.

For example, what in the world is in this panel of 'Getbackers'?

Spoiler:
What in the....png
What in the....png (117.08 KiB) Viewed 6094 times

Seriously, the hell?

Edit because I really shouldn't be wasting people's time with this crap:

Spoiler:
Aside from the bad Sweet Bro related find, though, let us now count the ways that Karkat's life went to Hell in a Handbasket.

1) He is trapped on a meator with several of his friends while an omnipotent monster attempts to find and kill them all.

2) Recently, Eriden finally loses hope and succumms to his genocidal urges, killing Feferi and Kanaya for basically no reason and destroying the only hope of reviving their race. He is clearly disturbed by this, as mentioned when ameretrifle chewed me out for thinking too deeply into why I wanted him to kill the guy who committed the murders, and wants Eriden dead.

3) No sooner has this happened than Gamzee announces himself to be the goddamn messiah and his intention to kill everyone in the immediate area, causing Karkat a great amount of stress that is clearly having an effect on his mental health given how he now flips out whenever he hears honking.

4) After a futile attempt at reviving the previously murdered friends, Karkat gets a message from Terezi that she has discovered Tavros dead, has (correctly) assumed Vriska did it, and is basically screwing around when their are multiple killers on the loose.

5) As if it weren't enough, Terezi's recent discovery suggests that Kanaya may have come back from the dead as a GODDAMN VAMPIRE, and depending on how much of her original personality is intact Karkat could be in for a painful reunion that may send him right over the edge.

All this proves is that I need to get an account on the MSPA forums sometime, because this place is basically inactive.

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm UTC

How bout dem flash update?
Spoiler:
Equius RPing was the best. Also I am very excited for what is going on in general, but really, seeing the kids again would be nice.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:52 pm UTC

Agreed.

Spoiler:
The flash update made me really freaked out. And not the 'something jumps out at you' freaked out, but the 'atmospheric horror as you realize that everything is going to go horribly wrong' freaked out. I love it.

Also, I'm fairly sure that Equius is going to get killed off next. Here's to hoping that he manages to do some damage on his way down.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:52 pm UTC

Yeah...
Spoiler:
Oh, yes. I was all "Do we really have to go this direction? Why can't you just stay here by the big pile of sugar, Nepeta? Please? Aaaaaaaa gonna get brutally killed by a clown aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I don't know if Equius is really gonna be able to stand up to Gamzee at all... good on him if he does, it'd be awesome character development for a character who's had almost none, but I don't know if he can... he might rather serve him or submit to his fate or something dumb like that, I never liked Equius much.

You know what would be awesome? Nepeta watching Gamzee kill Equius... and then killing the shit out of him. That would also be great character development for a troll who's been little but tropes. O_O Probably not gonna happen though. >_> "Most important character in Homestuck" and all, way too anticlimactic and quick. Unfortunately, that does leave the door open for "flipping the fuck out, trying to kill him, and failing"... :( Which would still almost be worth it for Nepeta doing something, but still...

Also, I liked Nepeta's theme... AND ROSE <3 KANAYA IS NOT DEAD i mean uh YOU SAW NOTHING >_> <_< ;)

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:22 am UTC

Latest Update

Spoiler:
OHGODOHGODOHGOD...

Gamzee is about to mess Equius up LIKE A BOSS!

I am FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT!!!

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 am UTC

To be honest, I found it
Spoiler:
anticlimactic. Wasn't much of a fight, Equius got his ass kicked real quick, died in about five seconds, didn't even scrabble a bit as he went down... I was hoping for some actual resistance at some point, even if it had absolutely no effect. Like Nepeta's is sadly likely to. >_> Did he put up any resistance at all? Was he that crazy that he actually liked it or something?? It could be rictus, but he looked suspiciously like he was smiling. Gamzee living up to his blood at last. I am disappoint.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 am UTC

You folks are way too into this.

I still say it's quite likely someone or other is going to do something to the timeline and everyone will come back to life. And Hussie will have a good laugh and drag the story on a little bit longer.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 am UTC

Well, as for Equius.

Spoiler:
According to Hussie and several members of the forums, he was so overcome by his obsession with the Hierarchy and his Dominance Fetish that he couldn't even block it off to save his own life. It sucks, but given his characterization it isn't too surprising.

As for Nepeta, we are unsure of her fate as of yet. Most people are calling death and I came up with a theory (in about five seconds) that involves Gamzee taking her hostage as bait for some sadistic trap for the other trolls after the screen just blacked out without anything happening, but I guess we'll have to wait an see.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:To be honest, I found it
Spoiler:
anticlimactic. Wasn't much of a fight, Equius got his ass kicked real quick, died in about five seconds, didn't even scrabble a bit as he went down... I was hoping for some actual resistance at some point, even if it had absolutely no effect. Like Nepeta's is sadly likely to. >_> Did he put up any resistance at all? Was he that crazy that he actually liked it or something?? It could be rictus, but he looked suspiciously like he was smiling. Gamzee living up to his blood at last. I am disappoint.

Spoiler:
Equius died fulfilling what he believed in. How else would someone like equius die but fulfilling the demands of a highblood? So of course he died happy.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:59 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Spoiler:
Equius died fulfilling what he believed in. How else would someone like equius die but fulfilling the demands of a highblood? So of course he died happy.

Spoiler:
I know, I'm not saying it was out of character... I pretty much expected it, or for him to work his way into being Gamzee's servant (except I was pretty sure Gamzee didn't roll that way). I was just hoping for something different, because I find it one-note and two-dimensional and depressing... but bluh bluh other values bluh doesn't matter. *shrugs* Not a troll fan in general, Equius one of the least. C'est la morte. (that's probably not actually french but I don't care)

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:39 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
Belial wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I know, I'm not saying it was out of character... I pretty much expected it, or for him to work his way into being Gamzee's servant (except I was pretty sure Gamzee didn't roll that way). I was just hoping for something different, because I find it one-note and two-dimensional and depressing... but bluh bluh other values bluh doesn't matter. *shrugs* Not a troll fan in general, Equius one of the least. C'est la morte. (that's probably not actually french but I don't care)

Spoiler:
Well, it looks like we're about to cut back to John, if that makes you feel any better.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I would think non-troll-fans would be happy with this turn of events, since it is a pretty transparent play to trim down the troll cast and ditch some of the peripheral one-note characters
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:32 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Spoiler:
I would think non-troll-fans would be happy with this turn of events, since it is a pretty transparent play to trim down the troll cast and ditch some of the peripheral one-note characters

Spoiler:
I'm really not that bloodthirsty at all-- that's probably a large part of the reason I don't like the trolls in the first place. But I do know someone who's absolutely thrilled. ;) However, since we didn't have a whole damn act focusing on them anymore, my active animosity had dimmed-- and guess which trolls were some of my favorites? That's right, the first to go. :(

...Equius I won't miss though.

Look, I wasn't complaining about the turn of events as much as pointing out that it wasn't a particularly impressive first kill, in contrast to the "taking Equius down like a boss" that Triangle_Man had mentioned, that's all. YMMV. :)

Edit for latest update (well, as much of it as I could see-- haven't seen the most recent page):
Spoiler:
Vriska, thinking! :O Troll/human differences addressed! This is a VERY welcome development. Very welcome indeed.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Let's see...

Vriska's in the middle of an internal conflict, we have no idea what happened to Nepeta, not to mention that the trolls are either killing or being killed at this point. Let's face it, their plotline has become downright depressing.

And morbid, which is apparently normal for Hussie.

At least the kids' storyline has a bit more of a light at the end of the tunnel. Too bad the setup of the plot keeps us from seeing very much of them as of late.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 am UTC

I am just so damn happy about this most recent conversation.
Spoiler:
It's been obvious from the start that Vriska was going to be sympathetic eventually. The lusus, the hints of "I'm just trying to make you stronger" in the Tavros nonsense-- this has been a long time coming. And while I REALLY wish it'd been sprinkled in a little bit more all along rather than this one sympathy-dump all at once, I don't even care anymore, I am so fucking glad the penny's finally dropped. SO glad. If any of that makes any sense.

It's probably silly, but dissonance between how a character is meant to seem and how they actually seem just stresses the hell out of me, probably disproportionately. Vriska FINALLY doing something to earn a bit of the sympathy she's obviously been built toward all along (even if it turns around next panel, regardless of whether what she's done is any less inexcusable) is such a load off my mind. Not to imply that it was stressing me outside of the story, don't get all "you people are way too into this" on me...

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 am UTC

That's okay. We all seem to be obsessed with this comic.

In fact, go read/look up a story called 'The Zahir' if you want to get an idea of what this comic does to everyone.

The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP

Postby The Great Hippo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Has anyone mentioned that the matriorb was captchalogued or whatever, and therefore can probably be easily remade via any number of possible methods (on account of it having a captcha number)?

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 pm UTC

The Great Hippo wrote:
Spoiler:
Has anyone mentioned that the matriorb was captchalogued or whatever, and therefore can probably be easily remade via any number of possible methods (on account of it having a captcha number)?

Spoiler:
No, but weren't there some cards that didn't? I'm not going to look it up, but there was some plot thing that required Dave to deploy like 3 or 4 machines to copy-- oh, yeah, the server disk. He did manage it, though, so yeah, could be possible. Or maybe there'll be some other reason why it isn't.

Peaceful Sollux. Damn. Those were an adorable last couple panels XD "pap" pooooke"

Edit:
Spoiler:
Holy crap, alt-dead-Dave is going to be relevant?? And Dave and Aradia are talking? And Aradia is happy now? Holy crap. :D

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 am UTC

(I forgot I hadn't commented on this thread! most of the "comics/ graphic novels" threads move pretty slowly, especially given how absurdly fast MSPA moves. I am scratching my head trying to figure out what posts go with which points in the story.)

Jorpho wrote:I was sort of tempted to suggest that he might become an Imperial Drone, because they have to come from somewhere.
I have to admit to not understanding troll romance/reproduction hardly at all. Like Vriska had (hate)thing for Tavros
Spoiler:
and she's been an odd sort of affectionate towards John (wanted him to dress like her if I remember correctly) but maybe that's more of <> kind of thing?

... is this page plot accurate? whoa... huh?

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:(I forgot I hadn't commented on this thread! most of the "comics/ graphic novels" threads move pretty slowly, especially given how absurdly fast MSPA moves. I am scratching my head trying to figure out what posts go with which points in the story.)

Jorpho wrote:I was sort of tempted to suggest that he might become an Imperial Drone, because they have to come from somewhere.
I have to admit to not understanding troll romance/reproduction hardly at all. Like Vriska had (hate)thing for Tavros
Spoiler:
and she's been an odd sort of affectionate towards John (wanted him to dress like her if I remember correctly) but maybe that's more of <> kind of thing?

... is this page plot accurate? whoa... huh?

I'm not sure whether or not that thing is plot relivent, but it is nice to look at.

What isn't nice is the situation Dad and Mom are about to find themselves in.

Decker

Postby Decker » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm UTC

RE: Journal Page

...SERIOUSLY?

I mean that was probably the last thing I expected.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

My guess is that it was the last thing anyone expected.
Last edited by Triangle_Man on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 pm UTC

What part of it? I might've missed some subtler implications because 8s + old-tyme= ffs, but I was pretty sure I got the general gist of it and I wasn't that surprised by anything... perhaps I was wrong O_o

ETA: Well, I was right that it was Kanaya and Eridan, so I think I got everything... not totally sure exactly what you're talking about, though XD

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:31 am UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:My guess is that it was the last thing anyone expected.

cephalopod9 wrote:... is this page plot accurate? whoa... huh?

I am going to need some diagrams or something...

Did anyone fully understand the blood hierarchy? Is it just the closer to purple, the better?

Bright Shadows

Postby Bright Shadows » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 pm UTC

Yeah, the bloodlines are just ROYGBIV, with pink somewhere around violet and minus the red. Red is apparently not a normal part of the hemospectrum.

It's worth noting that really high bloods are sea dwellers, as far as can be told, and the land dwellers tend to hate the sea dwellers. A lot. Eridan garners less respect from Equius than Gamzee does for this reason, even though Equius basically worships the blood castes.

Trollmance edit:
Spoiler:
I think Vriska has been <>ing John for a bit now. She uses him to talk about things she normally doesn't, or doesn't want to at least, and is generally fairly chummy. Sounds more like an auspice's role than a matesprit, which is generally convenient for my shipping wall. Which I totally don't actually have. More than one of.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 am UTC

Latest:
Spoiler:
Now that is a bit surprising. I'd assumed the presence Terezi was talking about was Vriska (Thief of Light), and it was only in looking up things on the wiki that I realized the implication was that Kanaya had become a troll-vampire... which, given that the Alternians generally can't take their sunlight, probably means they're creatures of the day instead! Which, given the last panels, implies... Kanaya's alive, and doing something that involves sucking people's blood but not apparently killing them? Kanaya pulling a heel-turn would break my heart a bit, but if that's not what she's doing... then... :D :D

What can I say, I like Kanaya. I like her personality, and I can sort of feel her social situation right around now-- friend to everyone, even people she really shouldn't be, getting over an impossible and idiotic crush.

Mmm, so much happier after the Vriska pennies finally dropped. :)

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 am UTC

Spoiler:
Welp. I have no idea how the the Kanaya situation and the Vriska vs. Gamzee vs. Eriden battle will go.

Also, Gamzee seems to be collecting trophies from his victims. Which would make him horrifying in theory but harlious in practice
Last edited by Triangle_Man on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 am UTC

broken spoiler there.
Spoiler:
Gamzee is already wearing Eridan's square glasses.

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 am UTC

Spoiler:
You're thinking of Equius, man.

Eriden is the evil Hipster Aquatic Harry Potter with the glowwy wand.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 am UTC

my mistake, they both wear square glasses

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:02 pm UTC

Oh. My. God.

...There are no words. XD

Except maybe "Eridan next, Eridan next"?

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

Agreed.

This moment made me LOL for reals. It is the funniest thing that has happened in the entire webcomic, and that includes the 'Give her the Bunny' sequence.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
This is even better. She's going Bruce Schneier on everyone in the immediate vicinity!

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 am UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:
Spoiler:
This is even better. She's going Saladin's Mom on everyone in the immediate vicinity!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
Spoiler:
Kanaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3 <3 <3

it almost seems too good to be truuuue I'm afraid it's all gonna be taken away again XD

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 am UTC

Spoiler:
Welp.

Karma came back to bite Eriden in the ass hard.

Looks like he's only half the man he used to be, though.

Return to “Comics/Graphic Novels”