Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Day 1: Not Pregame

Postby bluebambue » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:09 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:First off, Deva's vote forces me to do this:
Vote: wam

Deva wrote:Prefers a Xenomortis lynch over wam currently. Never committed to voting anyone.

I think it's amusing I get votes against me for both voting blue and unvoting*.

*I typed my vote in the post and forgot to remove it when I saw I'd been ninja'd by Lataro.

bluebambue wrote:Xeno's vote seemed nuetral to me, but the unovote does not.

Explain? What makes you think my unvote is in anyway "charged"?

Ah, didn't realize the ninja.

Unvote

Am trying to do a solid read now.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

Deva wrote:@bluebamblue:
bluebambue wrote:
Wam: Pretty much agree with Lataro here.

Why did you not vote wam?

To try to get a variety of votes down. If I recall, at the time the only non-forced votes at the time were on wam.

So, wam's claim of Felix Gaeta (if true) furthers the theory that there are a lot of influences from the later seasons on the game. Unless I am forgetting some of the plot (quite possible), nothing Gaeta did in the first season was at all scummy.

I am troubled by mpolo's desire to No Lynch when there was a possibility Tormod would be modkilled. That would cause D1, like always, to result in no information.

@Moody: why does your conscience say that CJ (who had barely posted anything) the most scummy?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

I'm not feeling great and my brains not working, hopefully I will be able to post during lunch, about an hour or two before deadline.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

I wouldn't say a "desire" to no lynch, but to know if the option was open. I agree that "no lynch" should be mostly confined to Dethy type games. And the comment I was responding to was a good point — a mislynch combined with a mafia kill and a modkilled townie (worst case scenario) would suddenly have us at 3/2/1, which is pretty much LYLO, or 4/2, which is MYLO. It would be wrong not to consider the possibility, even if we did ultimately decide not to use it.

In any case, the question is made moot by Deva's joining us.

From later episodes, Gaeta's being a possible miller is sensible. As such, I am even more trusting of wam's claim.
Image <-- Evil experiment

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:@Moody: why does your conscience say that CJ (who had barely posted anything) the most scummy?

Barely posting anything besides his votes is part of it. He voted third on wam, then waited until it was an obvious OMGUS to switch to voting me. I'm not the only one who thinks CJ is scummy, I'm just attracting more attention by posting.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 am UTC

Unofficial Votals:

wam - 1 (Lataro)
Xenomortis - 1 (wam)
moody7277 - 3 (mpolo, Deva, cjquines)
cjquines - 1 (moody7277)

Not voting: bluebambue, dimochka, and Xenomortis. Please rectify that. Deadline in approximately 11.5 hours.

Appears low on time. Remains distinct from no time, however.

@moody7277: Why should you not be lynched? Would claiming be helpful?

@wam: Assume that moody7277 is lynched. Grants you a public daycop power for Day Two. Who would you use it on if moody7277 flips Town? Who would you use it on if moody7277 flips Mafia? (Hopes you feel better, also.)

@bluebambue: Who do you think is Mafia?

@cjquines: Assume that moody7277 is lynched. Possesses a roleblock power as well. Who do you use it on tonight?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 am UTC

@Deva - I thought I had figured out someone's role from how they were acting. Unfortunately I'm not so sure anymore based on that person's last two posts.

I think moody has been sounding more townie lately and I did not like CJ's last response. I would've liked more content rather than just a vote back at moody. I will vote before day is over, but not at 1am. Once I wake up around 6...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:45 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
bluebambue wrote:@Moody: why does your conscience say that CJ (who had barely posted anything) the most scummy?

Barely posting anything besides his votes is part of it. He voted third on wam, then waited until it was an obvious OMGUS to switch to voting me. I'm not the only one who thinks CJ is scummy, I'm just attracting more attention by posting.

With CJ, I tend to read him as scummy, which has the unfortunate side effect of my tending to let more through before I really decide that he is scummy. Whereas I have a more neutral "baseline reading" for you, so the threshold is a bit smaller.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 pm UTC

@ Deva

If he flips town lataro, as he tends to end up leading town whether hes scum or town and knowing the alignment of the leader is good.

If he flips scum CJ as I think hes been mirroring moody then the jump on him at the end looks like a scummate wanting a vote on his partner if he turns up scum.

Deva's come out looking very townie.

I think moody's done enough for a D1 lynch so

Vote Moody

That L-1 not long to deadline.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 pm UTC

I don't think moody is scum anymore. I think he made a bad call with that vote. I think CJ did the same but didn't bother backing it up and didn't seem to be very concerned about it.

vote cjquines

i think wam and mpolo are most townie to me right now followed by deva, whereas cj and lataro are on the other end of the spectrum. the rest are (somewhat) comfortably in the middle.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:42 pm UTC

At this point I think claiming is my only recourse. I'm Apollo, and if I'm not NK'ed, I may have some info for you tomorrow.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm UTC

That isn't much of a claim.

Adam H

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - N1: Tribunal

Postby Adam H » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

Votals:
moody7277 - 4 (mpolo, Deva, cjquines, wam)
wam - 1 (Lataro)
cjquines - 1 2 (moody7277, dimochka)

Deadline! Moody7277 has been lynched and is dead. His faction and role will be revealed tomorrow.

Night 1 begins now, and will end no later than exactly 4 days from now (monday morning in the states).

((I'm only doing flavor at the start of every day so that I can use the lynchee's role.))
Last edited by Adam H on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
-Adam

Adam H

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2: Exiled Sun

Postby Adam H » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm UTC

Day 2

Spoiler:
((Kind of lazy flavor, hope that's OK. :) ))

The tribunal consisted of trusted members of Galactica, led by Commander Adama and President Roslin. There was much debate, but in the end it was decided by majority vote that Commander Adama's own son, Lee "Apollo", was guilty of conspiring with the Cylons.

Commander Adama pleaded with the rest of the tribunal against an execution, and his request was granted. Instead of being ejected out of the airlock, Apollo was sent to the prison ship, which was given a set of jump coordinates to follow. If the Cylons didn't track Apollo, then the prison ship would meet up with the fleet in 5 days, by which time the humans hopefully eliminated the Cylon threat aboard Galactica. Or, Galactica would finally wear out, and the Cylons would wipe out the human race.

Within a few hours of Apollo's departure, new evidence came forward that exonerated him of all wrongdoing. Instead of ridding themselves of a Cylon, the tribunal had accidentally exiled the CAG, one of the most powerful soldiers aboard Galactica! A bitter Commander Adama growled "what did you expect," and the tribunal shook their heads regretfully, but before any other proceedings could take place, the 33 minute timer expired and the Cylon fleet jumped into view. Commander and Colonel Tigh started barking orders, and the battle began again.

When it was all over and the Humans managed to jump safely away, they took stock of their personnel. Everyone was accounted for (except for a few minor extras that no one really cares about). With the 33 minute timer starting anew, the tribunal convened again, this time determined to get it right.

Moody7277 was Lee "Apollo" Adama, a Town Jailor, Tracker and/or Watcher.

No one was killed last night.

8 players alive, 5 to hammer. Deadline in exactly 8 days.
-Adam

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:04 pm UTC

Sorry I didn't get on before the deadline. This was what I was planning on posting:

I'm sorry I didn't get online before deadline. I was thinking more about wam's claim and that it doesn't feel quite right to me. Gaeta is one of the more minor characters. My character, the one other character I know is in the game, and Moody's claim* are all very central characters. Even in season 3, Gaeta just had a pivotal role, not really a lot of screen time. The flavor also suggests that we're in season 1 and there is nothing (as I said in thread) that would cause Gaeta to be a 50% miller at that point.

*now confirmed to be true.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

The lack of deaths is encouraging, but it could also be pointing to cult activity. Or maybe we just have a good doctor. Did the Galactica even have a doctor in the series? I guess so, with the whole cancer subplot, but they aren't stand-out characters in my memory.

The minor-ness of the character of Gaeta in Season One is not germane, based on the minor-ness of my character.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

Yeah the lack of a kill is interesting, Annoyed about moody but these things happen.

And @ blue I requested Gaeta as a character as I thought there were a lot of interesting things the mod could do.

If you are a RB that blocked someone you should contemplate claiming as there are good odds that you hit scum.

Having re-read last night I feel better about lataro but nothing really concrete.

Deva

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:45 pm UTC

Questions from yesterday:
@Lataro: Do you find anyone else suspicious?

@bluebambue: Who do you think is Mafia?

@cjquines: Assume that moody7277 is lynched. Possesses a roleblock power as well. Who do you use it on tonight?

New question:
@dimochka:
dimochka wrote:My opinion so far: Lataro and wam - more townie than others.

dimochka wrote:i think wam and mpolo are most townie to me right now followed by deva, whereas cj and lataro are on the other end of the spectrum.

What changed with Lataro?

Updated reads:
wam – Slight Town lean. Still believes their claim.
mpolo – Medium Town lean. Same as before.
bluebambue – Medium Mafia lean. Voiced little/no suspicions yesterday, besides at Xenomortis. Wanted vote variety. Accepts that reason. Never placed a real vote, however.
Xenomortis – Mild Mafia lean. Committed to perceptions, but without a vote. Picked them previously for the seeming link with moody7277 too. Appears to be non-existent.
dimochka – Medium Town lean. Depends partially on the answer to the above question.
Lataro – Medium Town lean. No change yet. Awaits further content.
cjquines – Medium Mafia lean. Eyes that retaliatory vote warily.

(Town)
mpolo
dimochka
Lataro
wam
Xenomortis
cjquines
bluebambue
(Mafia)

Vote: bluebambue

Underline Vote: cjquines

Insists on underlined votes today.

@bluebambue: Plays a minor role in Season One too. Received powers regardless. Assumes something for everyone. Promised a crazy game. Fits with moody7277's role.

@mpolo: Doctor Sherman Cottle. Seems straightforward. May not have chosen him, however.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

24 hours without a post! What fun for me.

Same drill as last time. Xenomortis votes for bluebambue, mpolo votes for Lataro, and cjquines votes for Xenomortis (all 6 names randomly picked, with the conditions that the 3 random votees must all be different and Deva cannot be one of the random voters).

Xeno, mpolo, and cj can't unvote for the remainder of D2, they can only switch votes.

Votals:
bluebambue - 2 (Deva, Xenomortis)
Lataro - 1 (mpolo)
Xenomortis - 1 (cjquines)

Note: this is not necessarily going to always be the punishment for not posting in 24 hours, I just didn't have time to think of something else. Next time it could be different.
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

Sorry, my Internet connection was acting up, otherwise I would have just beaten Adam's post. Now I don't have time until tomorrow.

As far as a random vote goes, I'm not unhappy with Lataro (i.e. I have no particular townie vibe there, but also no scummy vibe), but I'm sure I can do better.

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Might have been 503 errors too. Persisted for…an hour? Maybe longer.

More questions
@mpolo: Feels like this. Compared Lataro's list and Wikipedia's. Crossed out names on both. Removed numbered Cylons too.
William Adama
Laura Roslin
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Lee "Apollo" Adama
Gaius Baltar
Saul Tigh
Karl "Helo" Agathon
Galen Tyrol
Felix Gaeta
Samuel T. Anders
Anastasia Dualla
Cally Henderson Tyrol
Billy Keikeya
Tory Foster
Tom Zarek
Doctor Sherman Cottle
Ellen Tigh
Louanne "Kat" Katraine
Brendan Costanza

Are you Karl "Helo" Agathon, Samuel T. Anders, Tory Foster, Louanne "Kat" Katraine, or Brendan Costanza?
(Posts often enough. Mentioned probably being able to vote better. Does not feel like nagging you. Yet.)

@wam: Who do you think is Mafia now?

@Xenomortis: Are you happy with your forced vote? Would you prefer to vote someone else?

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

Thought I made a post earlier this morning, but evidently forgot to actually submit it.
Meh.

Vote: cjquines
I'm half expecting a mod-kill or replacement on him at this point, but right now, I'd much rather he be lynched over of blue.

I really want to hear something from dimochka and Lataro though and both seem to be high on people's town lists.

dim gets some points for unvoting moody before D1 ended, but not too many - it'd be such an easy scum play.

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 am UTC

Decided to check.

Main notes:
- Counted only Day One.
- Skipped confirmation posts.
- Ignored quoted sections.

Galactica Day One Words Bar.jpg

Galactica Day One Posts Bar.jpg

(Click to enlarge or read below.)

Code: Select all

Day One Results

Word.Count Posts
wam               922    13
Deva              901     6
mpolo             861    11
dimochka          779    11
moody7277         629    11
Xenomortis        601     7
Lataro            527     4
bluebambue        351     6
cjquines          249     5

Mean number of words: 646.67
Mean number of posts: 8.22

Sadness. Lost by twenty-one words.

Revived the Hunger Games Devascore code. Trimmed bits. Added a post count and mean line. Took surprisingly little time. Should be correct. Doubled-checked post count. Matched.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 am UTC

Wow, doing better on activity than I imagined.

If we take Deva's extended list, I am included there.

If I was getting 503 errors, they were so bad that even the error page wasn't being served. But it is true that I was able to get (somewhat slow) access to other pages, so it may not actually have been on my side.

I don't think that bluebambue is a good lynch target at the moment, and am nervous because of the two votes there. However, I don't have a whole lot of reason behind my thoughts there. A random vote isn't really pushing a bandwagon. If someone does suspect blue, I urge caution to avoid sniping.

I need to look into this all with more attention, as I'm kind of going off the top of my head before breakfast right now. Going into the night, I had a slight suspicion for cjquines, but he has disappeared more or less.

Off the top of my head, I mostly like Deva's town-scum list, though I would bump bluebambue up a couple of steps toward towniness. I might swap Lataro and wam, too. Deva is on the townie end of my scale, maybe first or second, actually.

So as to get my vote somewhere where it means more:

Vote: Xenomortis

Second choice: cjquines (only because he seems to be modkill fodder at the moment, so not worthy of a real vote)

This is all subject to change this afternoon when I have a little bit more time to read through this.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I don't think that bluebambue is a good lynch target at the moment, and am nervous because of the two votes there. However, I don't have a whole lot of reason behind my thoughts there. A random vote isn't really pushing a bandwagon. If someone does suspect blue, I urge caution to avoid sniping.

I don't like how half my posts are completely ignored.

mpolo wrote:though I would bump bluebambue up a couple of steps toward towniness

May I ask why?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 am UTC

At the moment, it's just gut feeling. I need to do at least a quick re-read before I can decide anything definitively. I only have a half an hour now, so I'd better wait until I can really re-read something.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:13 pm UTC

pardon my absence, will re-read and post today.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 pm UTC

Here are some notes from re-reading up to the random vote hammer.

Spoiler:
wam: 50% miller, no cult, flavor spec. Name on the list, possibility of copies. no reads. Blue was quick to attack wam [no vote, though]. Votes Xeno for seeming to have extra knowledge. Also for Vote/Unvote on blue. Not all millers have to be Cylons. Gaeta. Moody vote (is CJ a scummate?). Requested Gaeta as character. Roleblockers should claim.

bluebambue: mass-claim is bad, Cylons are definitely randomized: [Missed note about safe claims] Boomer and Doral might be loyal. Lataro's vote reasonable. Xeno's unvote not. Vote Xeno. Didn't vote wam to get a variety of possibilities. Wam's claim is dubious b/c Gaeta not central.

dimochka: flavorblind, Gaius is indie. Happy with most posters. 50% miller claim seems more likely good than not. Unhappy with CJ. Votes CJ. Moody just made a mistake.

moody [Lee "Apollo" Adama]: Gaius possibly cult or cylon-sympathizer. Votes wam to clear wine. Gaius most likely scum. cj's vote scummier than mine. Defensive votes are good. Votes CJ. Apollo.

Lataro: List of likely roles, Gaius is certainly involved.

Xeno: on the list, avoid claiming names, please. Votes for the 50% miller. Votes Blue to save self and for lacking content. Immediately unvotes (due to votals? Or was a joke vote? Later revealed to be removed because of ninja.). Votes wam in self-preservation. Responds to questions. Faults moody's lack of more info in claim.

cjquines: Flavorblind, on the list. Votes wam for weak vote and miller claim. Votes moody (OMGUS)

Deva: extensive spec. Asks for underlined votes. Analysis. CJ, moody, Xeno at the bottom. Votes moody for suspecting her townie picks. Questions, analysis.

What did I get out of this?

wam: I am tending to believe his claim. TOWN
bluebambue: Not a lot to go on. Based on my role, I think that Gaeta being non-central is a non-argument. I'm a little nervous about the statement that the Cylons are 100% certainly randomized. NEUTRAL-SLIGHTLY SCUMMY
dimochka: Correctly decided moody was town before it was too late. TOWN
Lataro: Some useful information and a reasonable vote, but not near enough content. NEUTRAL
Xeno: Could have voted to help moody after claim, failed to do so. Seems to have an extreme interest in self-defense. SLIGHTLY SCUMMY
Cjquines: I can't not read him as scummy. He votes with little justification, keeping just enough activity to stay out of trouble. (Until day 2, where he's disappeared.) SCUMMY
Deva: Exceptionally detailed analysis, active questioning and answering. TOWN

wam asked for any roleblockers to claim, and nothing has happened on that front. I have a roleblock, and have been sitting on that information for too long. I used it on cjquines last night.

Which means that my top two candidates at the moment are the same ones I am voting for, though in the opposite order. So, I'm going to

Unvote
Secondary candidate Unvote

Vote: cjquines
Secondary vote: Xenomortis

I could be convinced to switch these back if we think cj is going to be modkilled.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 pm UTC

Adam: Could I get a replacement? Seems like RL issues will persist.

Apologies for the lack of activity these past few days. Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda over here) has been really bad. Connection's been on and off these past few days.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

cjquines wrote:Adam: Could I get a replacement? Seems like RL issues will persist.
Sure, let the search begin!
-Adam

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

cjquines wrote:Adam: Could I get a replacement? Seems like RL issues will persist.

Apologies for the lack of activity these past few days. Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda over here) has been really bad. Connection's been on and off these past few days.

Suspected that would cause you problems.
Wish you well.

mpolo's roleblock claim is significant. It does cast a bad light on cjquines; any replacement has their work cut-out.

mpolo wrote:Xeno: Could have voted to help moody after claim, failed to do so.

Had he actually claimed something other than a name, I might have done so.

mpolo wrote:Seems to have an extreme interest in self-defense.

It is a troublesome feedback loop that I tend to get stuck in D1.

And looking back, I am not as impressed by Lataro's few posts as others appear to have been; although a confirmed townie liked him.

And there's still wam's potential miller claim.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

I buy mpolos RB claim and it makes CJ look very bad I would vote but seems pointless until we get a replacement.

My brain isn't working after a long day so more analysis tomorrow.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:08 pm UTC

Back from my vacation today. Heading to work, will try and catch up and post after that.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

wam

Postby wam » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

Still nothing really to go on today.

Interested to see lataro's content when he gets back.

Not sure what to do if CJ gets modkilled.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

Underline Unvote

Believes mpolo's claim. Predicts a modkill by now. Sees no point in voting him, bold or underline.

Underline Vote: Xenomortis

Leans slightly more neutral today. Reread wam's posts. Remains mild Town. Would like to hear more thoughts from him, however.

@wam: Who do you think is Mafia?

@Everyone: Vote assuming that cjquines dies to modkill. Underline vote, if necessary. (Do both, preferably.) Accomplishes something either way. May always revote later.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Right, so my limited activity while gone turned into no activity at all. I frankly was too busy to even remember this game existed, and had forgotten all about it until I turned my computer on this morning and an open window for it popped up. Sorry all.

Right, so where we stand. Moody was Apollo, and a jailkeeper and tracker/watcher. From a flavor perspective, this makes very little sense to me. Not speaking for anyone else, but my powers make sense somewhat for my role. Apollo never jailed anyone that I recall. He never was some kind of super sluth either who figured key plot points out. I'm wondering how divergent other players powers are from their roles, and it makes me believe we may have a doctor power even if the doc isn't in the game.

Now, on to more interesting flavor.

The flavor post contains a LOT of info for us. Cylon sympathizers. That is the group we are after. Not Cylons specifically, if we trust the flavor. The prison ship is also out of the picture now, so that means it's possible Zerak is not in the game, since he was strongly tied to that ship.

Wam as Geata has me less concerned now. Without any spoilers given, if there is one thing Geata was never, it was a sympathizer.

As for other players. CJ is an obvious choice to see dead given the info. Based on the flip, it will provide a lot of info about mpolo as well.

What bothers me is Deva. There has been a hyper focus on question asking, tracking activity, and assigning those who are more active or causing more content to equate to being townie. Given the level of activity Deva has shown, without saying it, Deva has created the appearance of being the most townie person out there, by the standards they have defined somewhat. That bothers me. The lack of hard stands and basing opinions of townie or scuminess based on content generated has me on edge. I am monitoring Deva closely at this point.

I see some minor linking between mpolo and dimochka, and based on mpolo's posted reads, have a scummy lean on them. Namely, mpolo linking several people's vote on moody as town or scum based on the knowledge of moody being town. It creates the impression of seeing things though the "informed minorities" eyes. Yet another reason to test a lynch on CJ for info about mpolo on flip.

No one else is really standing out to me. There is room for a lot of neutrality here. This may suggest multiple indies with all the people sitting in the background. Mpolo's claim of wanting Cylons dead, and the flavor suggestion that we are really hunting cylon sympathizers stands out even more to me as a possible indy claim, albeit with pro town leanings.

Not gonna vote now since my vote would be just piling on a lynch stacked high enough for the moment.

At this point, I'm looking at wam as most likely to be townie of all the players, based on the flavor ques, and his claim.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Deva

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 am UTC

@Lataro: Shrugs. Adheres to the Phoenix Wright method of investigation. Listen to testimony. Look for inconsistencies. Press for additional information. Yell "Objection!" "Vote!" when you find something. Shouts it several times a day, on average. Ends each day with a final Guilty/Not Guilty verdict.

Feels suspicious of quiet players. Acted meeker as a Cylon (in the Battlestar Galactica Board Game). Accepted less responsibility. Searches for that.

Lataro wrote:The flavor post contains a LOT of info for us. Cylon sympathizers. That is the group we are after. Not Cylons specifically, if we trust the flavor.

Lataro wrote:Mpolo's claim of wanting Cylons dead, and the flavor suggestion that we are really hunting cylon sympathizers stands out even more to me as a possible indy claim, albeit with pro town leanings.

Disagrees. Question: What is your win condition?

Presumes a Cylon Sympathizer to be Independent (especially Survivor). Cannot imagine any additional plausible Independent roles besides possibly cult. Invites others to speculate further. (Sort of wants a Militant Atheist. Lynch the writers. Cancel the show.)

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 am UTC

My win condition, as town, explicitly states that we must eliminate the Cylons.
Whatever they are.

Lataro wrote:Mpolo's claim of wanting Cylons dead, and the flavor suggestion that we are really hunting cylon sympathizers stands out even more to me as a possible indy claim, albeit with pro town leanings.

The town win condition isn't a secret; a sample town PM is in the OP.

Of course, it is possible Adam messed up in flavour writing. Or maybe he didn't and wants to confuse us.

Apart from that bit, I actually like the rest of Lataro's post. But the win condition confusion does make me nervous.

dimochka wrote:pardon my absence, will re-read and post today.

Lataro wrote:I see some minor linking between mpolo and dimochka, and based on mpolo's posted reads, have a scummy lean on them. Namely, mpolo linking several people's vote on moody as town or scum based on the knowledge of moody being town. It creates the impression of seeing things though the "informed minorities" eyes. Yet another reason to test a lynch on CJ for info about mpolo on flip.

Not to mention being on the moody train himself.

Deva, please use the first person where appropriate. Your posts are becoming tiresome to interpret.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:48 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Deva: Exceptionally detailed analysis, active questioning and answering.

It's not exceptionally detailed. In fact, with respect to the post/word counting, there is exactly zero analysis. It isn't interesting or surprising either.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:42 pm UTC

I kind of skipped the word-count one, as that one doesn't say all that much. It says who has a vested interested in the game, and perhaps who is less worried about having to hide things. Above all, it points out the lurkers.

However, Deva's constant questioning has at least pinned down some good information and forced some participation. I am tending to read this as townie behavior.

I liked Lataro's post mostly, but am rather troubled by the point about the Cylons. I was a little worried when somebody asked me (Deva? no time to look back) why I wasn't terribly worried about the possible independents, since I assumed my win-con applied to all town (which seems to be true based on the "fine print"). Now Lataro is trying to move us from seeking Cylons to seeking sympathizers. Which greatly increases the chance that he has a non-town PM.

Unvote
Vote: Lataro

There is still time to react if the modkill doesn't happen.

Return to “Mafia”