Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Adam H » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

Obviously there will be an extension. This is the first time I've been able to login in 3 days! Ridiculously frustrating...

Deadline will be no earlier than than 4 days from now (so monday at ~noon in america), and longer if the fora continue to have problems.
-Adam

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

Welcome back, bluebambue.

Xenomortis wrote:
Deva wrote:Guessed 6/3 at the beginning or 6/2/1. Seems like an odd guess for their power. Never thought much of it until now.

Why is it odd?

Assumed 6/2/1 or 7/2 all around. Wielded better powers than you, in some cases. Notes this to be conjecture, of course. Might have been an off-guess. Caught Mafia players before on set-up, though. (Killed both cult members before Day Two in one game.)

Xenomortis wrote:
Deva wrote:Jailer/Tracker/Watcher (Confirmed. Supposedly the most powerful.)

I believe it's probable that, like me, he had to pick only one of those a night.
I note that mpolo has claimed the opposite for himself - he can use two powers at once.

Disagrees. Jailer, Watcher, and/or Tracker. Implies being able to use more than one simultaneously with "and". Designated him as one of the most powerful soldiers on Galactica, additionally.

Xenomortis wrote:
Deva wrote:What if Mafia know where all actions go? Expects something powerful. Noticed nothing so far.

Then my power would be redundant for mafia? I don't see where you're going with this.

Enables a false claim of Tracker or Watcher. Acknowledges you having a Watcher-like ability of some kind.

Xenomortis wrote:Now I think about it, going with the idea that he was a poor choice to carry out a NK, but was scum and roleblocking stopped a death, then cjquines was probably a SK.

Should have revealed Independent then, rather than Scum.

wam wrote:I may have missed something in the forums issues but who is the 2nd tracker/watcher after xeno?

Adam H wrote:Moody7277 was Lee "Apollo" Adama, a Town Jailor, Tracker and/or Watcher.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

It's a relief that things seem to be working (knock on simulated wood) on the fora.

I'm trying to come up with a scummy role that would give the same information as a watcher and am having a hard time. Of course, as Deva said, it could be just a smoke power to throw us off.

I am certainly willing to move my vote, but I have to find a better place for it to be, and between what I know and I think I know, I'm actually kind of running out of potential scum (other than possible recruits, which are hard to find).

I can confirm blue's statement about her message. Not that the message was particularly inspiring — something like I've got this power and don't know what to do with it. However, the rolename was in the bolded portion of the mod message. The fact that blue got the precise format wrong (there was some flavor, including the rolename, then the message) is actually a point in her favor to my mind, as I can hardly imagine that that info would have been in the Role PM.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Adam H » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

Votals:
Xenomortis - 3 (Lataro, Deva, mpolo)
dimochka - 2 (Xenomortis, wam)

4 to hammer, deadline in ~4 days.
-Adam

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

Deva wrote:
Xenomortis wrote:
Deva wrote:Guessed 6/3 at the beginning or 6/2/1. Seems like an odd guess for their power. Never thought much of it until now.

Why is it odd?

Assumed 6/2/1 or 7/2 all around. Wielded better powers than you, in some cases. Notes this to be conjecture, of course. Might have been an off-guess. Caught Mafia players before on set-up, though. (Killed both cult members before Day Two in one game.)

I cannot make sense of this paragraph.

Deva wrote:
Xenomortis wrote:Now I think about it, going with the idea that he was a poor choice to carry out a NK, but was scum and roleblocking stopped a death, then cjquines was probably a SK.

Should have revealed Independent then, rather than Scum.

In every game I've played, a SK has been regarded as Scum.
Scum, to me, simply means "anti-town", which most definitely fits a SK.
Image

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 am UTC

Xenomortis wrote:I cannot make sense of this paragraph.


Code: Select all

              Guess(es)                    Power(s)
wam               6/2/1                      Miller
Deva               None             Mysterious Note
moody7277  6/2/1 or 7/2      Jailer/Tracker/Watcher
mpolo      6/2/1 or 7/2 Roleblocker/Cult Protection
bluebambue         None              Message Writer
Xenomortis 6/2/1 or 6/3             Tracker/Watcher
dimochka          6/2/1                     Unknown
Lataro             None                     Unknown
cjquines           None                     Unknown

Guessed (slightly) differently than everyone else on 6/3 versus 7/2. Is this conclusive evidence of inside knowledge? No. Could be right. Could be wrong. Seems odd for a Tracker/Watcher to guess a harsher setup than the Jailer/Tracker/Watcher and Roleblocker/Cult Protection, however.

(Sidenote: Forgot about mpolo mentioning cult things on Day One. Expected more guesses too. Shrugs.)

Precedence: Keys to the Kingdom Mafia.
eculc wrote:I'm thinking 12-5-1-1, (with town, scum, jester, and SK respectively) or 12-4-2-1 (with town, scum, cult, and probably jester, as 3 NKs seems a bit excessive)

Speculated for nineteen people in a twenty player game. Excluded himself. (Guessed two cult members additionally.) Led to his lynch (Cult Leader) and lynx's death (Cult Bodyguard) before Day Two.

Acknowledges a slightly different scenario. Might still be relevant.

Is that clearer?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:19 am UTC

Thanks for the clarification on that paragraph. I was scratching my head over it as well. Not a lot of time here (we're reading the Odyssey in Ancient Greek, and I have just discovered that the students have no idea at all about Greek Mythology, so I need to do a quick refresher/learn for the first time course…) but some comments:

1. wam: The attacks against him D1 have me somewhat trusting him. But it's a hairline thing.
2. Deva: Provides a lot of analysis, particularly numbers/patterns related. However, with the very neutral posting style, it's really hard to catch a vibe. I have a (currently) small amount of worry that he is playing us expertly.
5. bluebambue: The incidental confirmation of her rolename by the mod makes her seem pretty townie. However, if there is a cult, there's no guarantee, and it's still possible that the Cylons were randomized. Cjquines' death seems to make this less likely, but it's still possible.
6. Xenomortis: My vote is here, and I feel like it's a weak vote, but don't see where it would be better placed. I agree that having two tracker/watchers seems a little unlikely, but not impossible.
7. dimochka: Generally OK vibes, but no real specific points that stick out in my memory.
8. Lataro: Other than the possible slip on the town win condition, has been playing pretty solidly townie.

I need to go back and look at voting patterns, but that will have to wait.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby wam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:31 am UTC

Deva Xeno seem to be arguing over semantics but niether has taken the obvious route

Are you using SCUM to mean mafia or anti town generally?

Thinking about it Duala flavour wise doesn't fit with a tracker.

Hmm I can;t decdie at the moment between Xeno and dimochka

dimochka wrote:also, i can prove my towniness but i'd prefer confirmation of the whole xeno/mpolo thing from blue before i do that.


The only way to 100% prove your towniness is to die and be revealed, this pings me for some strange reason.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby dimochka » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

I'm really not understanding why the choice is between me and xeno. For me xeno's claim is pretty obviously a sign of his towniness. What exactly am I missing?

If push comes to shove, I'd rather have Xeno stay alive than me. His power is more useful in my opinion. If anything, I think Deva's long-winded analyses don't actually generate significant content and I'm planning to look more careful at her once I finish work tonight.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby wam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

The fact that there's two tracker claims which given the size of the game is fishy. Also to me duala doesn't fit as a tracker from a flavour PoV.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 pm UTC

Rolename is "Surveillance".
Wikipedia does say Anastasia was a communications NCO. Make of that what you will - I am flavour blind.
Does moody's flip make sense flavour wise?
Image

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

Speculations regarding cult:

mpolo is not cult leader (RB claim seems genuine - if he was cult leader then cjquines wasn't and we should have seen a kill).
If blue is a cult leader then mpolo is most likely cult (from my watch result, but they have got a claim in place there).
wam was not recruited (mpolo's claim).
If Deva is cult leader then I'm going to guess Lataro as cult. (honestly, there's probably a meta reason for Lataro being cult if he's not the cult leader, but I don't want to really go there.) There's some interaction between them, accusatory from Lataro, but nothing materialises.
wam's at dim a fair bit - no need to do that to someone you recruited. If wam is cult leader, I'd have to guess Lataro as the target again.

Of course, this is moot if cjquines flips cult leader. I hope he does - I hate cults and it means we have another roleblock or a doctor floating around. I don't expect him too.


And I'm simply going to claim my power in full. From my perspective, multiple watcher/trackers isn't surprising.

Every night I pick two people. One person I will use a tracker/watcher power on. The other I will simply pretend to visit. Anyone tracking me will see I visit two people, anyone watching my targets will see me visit them.
Last night I watched mpolo and pretended to visit cjquines.

Deva wrote:Guessed (slightly) differently than everyone else on 6/3 versus 7/2. Is this conclusive evidence of inside knowledge? No. Could be right. Could be wrong. Seems odd for a Tracker/Watcher to guess a harsher setup than the Jailer/Tracker/Watcher and Roleblocker/Cult Protection, however.

I guessed a reasonably powerful town, expecting everyone to have powers.
We started with two Watcher/Trackers (remember that I expected that), one was also a Jailer and a RB+Anti-Cult Doctor. I expect another useful power to be lurking somewhere.
This was balanced by a 50% miller claim? That would imply a cop power exists.
Image

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Adam H » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

wam wrote:Are you using SCUM to mean mafia or anti town generally?
Generally I use it to mean anti-town.
-Adam

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm UTC

My prediction on cjquines being a SK still stands then.
Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:57 pm UTC

The only thing is that the town win-con doesn't make sense with two anti-town factions, unless of course, both are Cylons. Which is totally possible.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

That is actually a reasonable point that I didn't consider.
But, from the rules:
Adam H wrote:5. There is no severe bastardry. The mod may mislead the players either intentionally or unintentionally.
6. Your win condition is subject to change at any time, but only as a result of player actions and not after or immediately before you die.

so it's not totally out of the question.
And, as you say, both mafia and the SK could be Cylons (whatever they are).
Image

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:And I'm simply going to claim my power in full. From my perspective, multiple watcher/trackers isn't surprising.

Every night I pick two people. One person I will use a tracker/watcher power on. The other I will simply pretend to visit. Anyone tracking me will see I visit two people, anyone watching my targets will see me visit them.
Last night I watched mpolo and pretended to visit cjquines.

Objection.

Expected another Tracker/Watcher. Why would you pretend visit someone? Serves no beneficial purpose. Confuses the other Tracker/Watcher. Why would you do that unless you were Mafia? (Additionally, why would you even have a power like that?)

Xenomortis wrote:We started with two Watcher/Trackers (remember that I expected that), one was also a Jailer and a RB+Anti-Cult Doctor. I expect another useful power to be lurking somewhere.
This was balanced by a 50% miller claim? That would imply a cop power exists.


Why did you predict another Tracker/Watcher with no additional information? Contained only nine players. Why would the moderator double-up on powers (somewhat) with so few people, and on yours specifically? What about Paranoid Gun Owner? Self-Watchers? Mimics? Retaliatory Roleblock? Affects other players by being visited.
(May have invented a name or two. Implied the power well enough, hopefully.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Expected another Tracker/Watcher. Why would you pretend visit someone? Serves no beneficial purpose. Confuses the other Tracker/Watcher. Why would you do that unless you were Mafia? (Additionally, why would you even have a power like that?)


I expected additional Watcher/Tracker powers because otherwise the additional aspect of my power is meaningless.
And if I use one aspect of my power, I must use the other (stated explicitly in my role PM).
So if I wanted to watch someone, I had to visit someone else too.

Deva wrote:Why did you predict another Tracker/Watcher with no additional information?

My prediction wasn't made in vacuum! My power suggests the existence of other roles that track night actions. Retaliatory powers would fit it too, but then it's a purely negative thing from my perspective.
Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

That is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my concern (I would be impressed if you just invented that out of thin air). Which means that I don't want to be lynching the watcher/tracker.

Tomorrow I can hopefully come to a decision.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:07 am UTC

One of two likely things are happening here.

Either Xeno is telling the truth, because this role is needlessly complex and his logic seems clear, as if he had this role from the start, and it's very unlikely to be a lie.

OR

Xeno is providing a safe false claim given to him as a scum by the mod. All the info can be true sounding as if it were his real role, and we would be none the wiser.

Given that Xeno has claimed to have used his power on mpolo, and saw blue target an action, and blue and mpolo have confirmed, the second seems extremely unlikely. This would hint at a three person mafia team right there just to pull this off. Given we have a confirmed scum flip in a 9 player game, a 5/4 breakdown seems harsh.

unvote

To me, it's really a toss up. I've got no real reason to distrust those three, and consider them townie. That leaves three other people. I tend to trust wam the most of the remaining people, and Deva the least, based on lack of anything posted that would allow me to form a basis of their alignment. Given multiple anti town a strong option still, I feel safe in voting for Deva, as they are the player I have the least reason to believe to be town given the information available.

Vote Deva
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:21 am UTC

Since I am now pretty much believing Xenomortis, I have a small pool of nearly equally likely scum, from my point of view.

wam: From the way the first day went, I went into the night thinking him town. I know he wasn't recruited, therefore, I still think he is town.
Lataro: There is still the nagging point of the slip on the town condition. However, I have strongly relativized this in my mind, just because I have made similar mistakes (cf. a certain ongoing game that will not be mentioned). As he seems otherwise rather townie, probably not the best choice now.
dimochka and Deva: These are both players that I lack a good read on; however, the read is weakest on Deva. Certainly, he is participating consistently. On the other hand, his posting style makes it very hard to get a particular read.

I guess I'm going to concur with Lataro at this point, and

Vote: Deva

I really wanted to try to analyze the voting from D1, but that doesn't seem likely before late afternoon, if at all today.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:21 am UTC

EBWOP: Still refusing to Unvote, since I can't today. :P
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby dimochka » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

my whole post just got deleted and i'm in a rush. i'll try to repost later. the main point of it was that deva was the one person during d1 who thought cult was present. everyone else who mentioned it, myself included, considered it to be unlikely to impossible. I'm not voting yet because that would put deva at L-1, but I'm more comfortable with that vote than any other currently.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby bluebambue » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

One thing that I would like to point out is that mpolo and Lataro were both voting together on Xeno and now are both voting together on Deva. I don't have any particular opinion on those vote targets, but it does speak to some buddying. Or it could be an attempt to find a non-Xeno target before deadline.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

Stays on Xenomortis. Claimed piecemeal, only after pointing out holes. Naturally becomes complex.

Serious questions:
1. Are these votes to lynch, or to mass claim?
2. Please define content. What more do you want? Provides reads before everyone. Asks questions about unusual points and to encourage people to say something. Cannot help it if half of all players take a week to respond. (Possible exaggeration. Felt like it.)

Claim: Cally. Lovers with Chief Galen Tyrol.
Cally Gun V3.png

(Hates drawing people. Looks off. Resorted to GIMP. Possesses only novice skills. May or may not be apparent. Used two other backgrounds (one with smoke, one with …not smoke). Preferred this.)

Power: Pick a person. Learns their identity. Chose bluebambue. Responds slowly. Might not help in time too. Returned President Roslin.

Power: Notes (techni-cally Note) from Galen Tyrol. Never left a username. Replied promptly. Never wrote back. Suspects moderator interference or the moderator himself. Will withhold the contents. Wonders about an unusual implementation, however.

Re: Cult. Speculated that before reading the role message. Interpreted Number Six's control over Gaius Baltar as cult-like.

Is that sufficient? Does not feel like speaking with anyone. Includes spectators.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Stays on Xenomortis. Claimed piecemeal, only after pointing out holes. Naturally becomes complex.

When I revealed the second part, you attacked it.
And there were no holes in the original claim - it was merely incomplete.
I claimed the important part first just to put information down on the table. The second part wasn't really relevant; I claimed to prevent potential problems in the future (if someone did track me, they would see me visit two people).

Deva wrote:Power: Notes (techni-cally Note) from Galen Tyrol. Never left a username. Replied promptly. Never wrote back. Suspects moderator interference or the moderator himself. Will withhold the contents. Wonders about an unusual implementation, however.

Er... how does that work? You have chat with Galen Tyrol?
Image

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Xenomortis » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

Vote mpolo

This is the closest thing I can do to an unvote. I do not expect anyone else to vote mpolo, so this should be pretty safe.
Image

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

Will review it later (before the deadline). Is in no mood for kind interpretations. Seems safe for now anyways. Will switch to wam, if necessary.
_____

Not directly. Came from the moderator. (Would know their username otherwise.) Looks similar to bluebambue's message format. Hesitates to quote the moderator. Placed the rolename in the "_______ wrote:" section, though.

Asked if a reply was allowed. Said yes. Feels misled. Replied, sure. Probably kept it without sending it.

(Reference point: Received the message thirty-seven minutes into Night One. Replied two hours, fifteen minutes after that.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby bluebambue » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Power: Pick a person. Learns their identity. Chose bluebambue. Responds slowly. Might not help in time too. Returned President Roslin.
This is correct. I am "President Lara Roslin"

User avatar
bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby bluebambue » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Since my name is already out there: I will die at the end of Day 3 from cancer unless I am cured.

My thoughts:

1. wam
2. Deva: claim is believable as they have correct info.
4. mpolo
6. Xenomortis: claim is believable as they have correct info.
7. dimochka: I have some information that ups their towniness from my point of view
8. Lataro

Vote: Lataro

For having initiated the votes on both Xeno and Deva (though they are not confirmed town), mpolo appear to be buddying them, and he is wily.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:45 pm UTC

I'm scummy for finding legitimate reasons to vote a player, and then doing so. I'm also scummy because other players agree with my voting rationals.

Are you being serious, or is this a joke?

As for Deva, rolecop tends to strike me as more of an anti town power than pro town power. Happy with my vote where it is given the state of this day.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby dimochka » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

@blue - was the cancer something you had at the beginning of the game, or something you found out recently?

@lataro - I agree that, in a game like this, a rolecop is more likely to be a mechanism for scum to find specific targets than a town power.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

Said "identity", not "ability". Why would you rolecop bluebambue, anyways?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Adam H » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm UTC

Votals:
Deva - 2 (Lataro, mpolo)
Xenomortis - 1 (Deva)
dimochka - 1 (wam)
mpolo - 1 (Xenomortis)
Lataro - 1 (bluebambue)

4 to hammer, deadline in ~2 days.
-Adam

User avatar
bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby bluebambue » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:02 am UTC

dimochka wrote:@blue - was the cancer something you had at the beginning of the game, or something you found out recently?
since the beginning.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm UTC

Ugg. Every time we have somebody who looks halfway scummy, they turn out to have a reasonable claim.

If Deva is telling the truth, one of Lataro and wam or dimochka ought to be Galen. And I don't want to take out two people with one lynch, unless one is scum.

It's not unheard of for lovers to be town-scum, of course. And

spoiler for season 3-4:

Spoiler:
Galen is the same sort of Cylon that Tigh was.



I think that means that voting Deva is a good thing, even if he turns out to be town. What do the rest of you think?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

Delayed this slightly due to a surprise relative visit. Related sidenote: Will be absent and/or feeling miserable on Thursday and Friday. Might not matter.

@Lataro/dimochka: Will pretend you are correct for a moment. Rolecopped bluebambue. Discovered that she writes messages and will die after Day Three. Saw moody7277’s role (Jailer/Tracker/Watcher). Decided that bluebambue must die. (Voted her upon starting Day Two.) Does that make any sense?

@mpolo:
Guessed it somewhat already. Heard name claims from everyone except Lataro and dimochka. Doubts either of them to be Galen Tyrol, based on votes (and implied votes). Means someone is lying. Makes them anti-Town. Questions why the identity power exists otherwise too.

Alternate: Lovers with the moderator. See: misleading information. Would have been present at the deadline.
____________

@Xenomortis: Reviewed it. Still wants to see your alignment. Deliberated for ten to eleven days, however. Should find a better reason to vote.

Unvote

Vote: dimochka

Pushed somewhat hard recently. Seems more than a little focused. Started at quite Townie today. Degraded to Cult expectations, and then anti-Town rolecop. Might have avoided being third on votes. (Applies to votes on Xenomortis too.)
Also,
dimochka wrote:If push comes to shove, I'd rather have Xeno stay alive than me. His power is more useful in my opinion.

(Situation: Three votes on Xenomortis. Two votes on dimochka.)
Why would Town offer to sacrifice themselves? Feels like a buddy ploy. Knows yourself to be Town one hundred percent, supposedly. Cannot say the same for anyone else.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Adam H » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

Votals:
Deva - 2 (Lataro, mpolo)
dimochka - 2 (wam, Deva)
mpolo - 1 (Xenomortis)
Lataro - 1 (bluebambue)

4 to hammer, deadline in exactly 2 hours.
-Adam

User avatar
bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby bluebambue » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:51 pm UTC

Vote: Deva

To break the tie.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D2 Part 2: IT'S IN THE W

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Must be good information. Cannot understand why Town wishes to self-sacrifice. Order of events:
1.
dimochka wrote:My town to scum list right now:
mpolo (primarily because of that roleblock claim)
wam
deva
blue
lataro
xeno


2. Lataro’s scumhunting on Xenomortis

3. Xenomortis’s claim.

4. Sacrifice offer.

Went from hardened to gooey soft on an incomplete claim.
Changes its form depending on the observer.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests