Icecream Mafia 2: Game Over: Town (Mafia) Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby freezeblade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm UTC

I can confirm that I'm using my post restriction
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:18 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:From the flavor (without the u [oh god, there will be puns])

Chill.

wam wrote:
Adam H wrote:as a townie

Vote Adam

Well, that's a little unfair. I mean, he's not alone.

dimochka wrote: Because I know that I'm vt

Unless of course we've just astonishingly won the game.

But yeah, the mixup between town/scum is something that's going to screw around with us a lot, I assume. I kind of want to have fun with it, but of course not at the expense of genuine scu---er--townie-hunting or threat of a mislynch.

I can tell this is going to be a bit of a Rocky Road.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm UTC

I specifically used the term VT rather than town/vanilla because I meant that I am power-less and in the group that is the majority. Can we maybe decide on a term to use for each group? :D
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:06 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I specifically used the term VT rather than town/vanilla because I meant that I am power-less and in the group that is the majority. Can we maybe decide on a term to use for each group? :D
Tafia and Mown?

No, that's a bad idea. Thrrrrrrrrup!

If everyone uses "scum" for scum, then everything else can be non-scum with minimal confusion.

dimochka wrote:Considering we are only allowed one mislynch, I would be surprised to see one of you as not scum. After all, last game was won by mafia (or specifically the minority group), so wam pointing out something like this does make it seem to me that wam is fishing for people to side with him and mislynch Adam (and then say OH i misunderstood). Anyone else care to opine?

And the argument of "oh I like to argue" doesn't really hold, because you do this regardless of your alignment.
The underlined parts are sort of contradictory. I mean, it makes sense if you think that wam argues with townies as town but MORESO if he's scum. But then you wouldn't be 100% sure that one of wam/me is scum. The problem I had is that you came across as majorly overconfident.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:14 pm UTC

You do this = you argue. This vote seemed more pointed to me than plain arguing. I could be wrong obviously but it attracted my attention.

Of course now there could be the problem of everyone focusing on Adam vs. wam and ignoring the other (0-2) scum, which was not my intention. Therefore I want to hear other opinions before I continue responding.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:18 pm UTC

Opinion: Adam and Wam claim.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:@wam: why do you object to massclaiming?

Because it feels like exploiting a loophole rather than playing the game.

Also everyone missed the importance of what I highligted by adam where he claimed to be town, in this game town are the bad guys.

That's a valid reason I guess. I had thought about it as well, but my opinion is that the mod should take the possibility of massclaiming into account and prevent it from being useful somehow.

Also I don't see any town/mafia slipups as scummy, since it was confusing to me as well. I will be using the term townie for the majority, and mafia for the minority, unless we agree on some other terminology.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Also I don't see any town/mafia slipups as scummy, since it was confusing to me as well. I will be using the term townie for the majority, and mafia for the minority, unless we agree on some other terminology.

I actually think that in this set-up, non-scum are more likely to make this "slip up." A member of the majority is more likely (in my head) to read their role PM and then think nothing more of it, as they just need to proceed to play like "town" normally would in any other mafia game, especally as there are no power roles, so everyone that is non-scum is VT.

Scum is more likely to pay attention to their role and act more carefully with what they post, in an attempt to look like the non-scum members.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am UTC

As it seems to have gone a bit quiet

I am shrimp flavoured Icecream.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:08 pm UTC

Given my weird ice cream flavor, I actually think this could be a real claim. Unless of course scum has safeclaims, which is likely.

Wam - are you using your post restriction?

On a separate note - why wouldn't the shrimp share its treasure?
(all can read)
Spoiler:
Because it was a little shellfish!

wam

Postby wam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 pm UTC

No I forgot about it after my confirmation post.

ALso that's an awful joke, but I laughed.

Yeah when you said you had a weird one it made me think you were less scummy.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 pm UTC

if wierd ones are less scummy, then I must be the top of the scum heap (unless I was vanilla, which is not the case).

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

Mine is somewhat in between. I would eat myself, but I'm not so sure about shrimp-flavoured ice cream.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

Content so far has been horrid, imo. But it's not like we can have much content for D1.

Where would you learn how to make ice cream?
At Sundae school.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm UTC

I really need to break up the monotny at work and post some more content.

I'm guessing that dimochka has a restriction requiring a joke or pun with every post.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:22 pm UTC

OK well I'm raspberry so clearly I am the delicious king of the mafia, you disgusting creatures.

Wam claimed a weird flavor after dimochka claimed to have a weird flavor, so I'm not sure what to make of that until everyone else has claimed. I suspect we'll get nothing out of this just like everyone but me thought. :D
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm UTC

Freezeblade is quite close on my post restriction. Also I think I figured out Adam's.

What do you call a guy with a rubber toe? Roberto!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm UTC

Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect that we're not going to get any information after all from name-claiming. Oh well.

just for reference, I haven't been doing my posting restriction.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 pm UTC

Vote: Djhutynakht

(I'm always almost perfect at spelling your name; I always switch the h and the k at the end. :? )

For no content. The one post he made is mostly jokey which pings me a bit. It looks long, but has nothing of substance in it. He's usually pretty active and I don't think he's been inactive outside of this game so this is a serious vote not just an obligatory lurker vote.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm UTC

Not posting? Bad idea! THRRRRRRRRUP!
-Adam

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm UTC

What's up with the complete lack of posting? here. this will get the ball rolling a bit i hope.

I am the chocolate ice cream.

vote: Djhutynakht

For reasons outlined by Adam above me. I didn't even try to spell the username, I just ctrl-c ctrl-v that sucker. Like a boss.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:47 am UTC

Horrible people not knowing the names of Egyptian governors.

I know I haven't given much content. Excuse me for that. It's D1 here and we have almost nothing to go on anyways, and right now I'm in the endgame of a tense Scooby Doo Mafia. So I've been more preoccupied (and also it's a turbo whereas we have a bit more time here).

Mainly I've been reading content, and posting just to advertise the fact that I am paying attention. But I will get to content soon.

I will say it's interesting that we have one claim of a flavor such as Shrimp and another for Chocolate. One's so ordinary... and the other is just incredibly bizarre. I'm wondering if this indicates one is a lie or if Diemo simply screwing with us.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 am UTC

Oh, and Adam claimed raspberry, which is normal enough, though I suppose could also venture a little into the weird side if one felt like it.

Since I did the research, here's a list of 1000+ Ice Cream names if anyone's interested:

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~nb7939/newcadic/flavors.html

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:08 am UTC

Votals:
eculc (1) - dimochka
Adam (1) - wam
DJ (2) - Adam H, freezeblade

Deadline will be Tuesday 18th at whatever point my hangover is abated enough for me to get online, so, late, GMT time :)
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

wam

Postby wam » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am UTC

DJ has come back with a bit of content.

Whilst i Don't really have a problem with adams content vote Freezeblade jumping on the bandwagon seems odd to me

Unvote

Vote Freezeblade

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:56 pm UTC

Before I forget, I would like to state that I am away from the 19th to the 24th of March. I hope I can compensate for this by being more active now.

So since we're screwing up the order anyway, I will claim next. My flavour is mint. You know, like in toothpaste and chewing gum. Also, I will try to use my post restriction more (starting with this post) to make the game more fun, until I get bored by it or something.

It's hard to conclude anything from the flavours claimed so far, since there have been both weird and normal ones. Still, I suggest we proceed since we have nothing better to use, and it can never hurt.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:So since we're screwing up the order anyway, I will claim next. My flavour is mint. You know, like in toothpaste and chewing gum. Also, I will try to use my post restriction more (starting with this post) to make the game more fun, until I get bored by it or something.
Mint ice cream is delicious. Shame on you for not pointing that out!

Actually, this does ping me a tiny bit. You seem slightly worried that people will think normal flavors are scummy. If chocolate (freezeblade) is scum then I will be looking hard at you.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:37 pm UTC

I doubt this will be of any help but I'm cheese flavored ice cream (what is that!?). Based on my flavor you can probably figure out my post restriction. Don't have time to come up with one now though.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I doubt this will be of any help but I'm cheese flavored ice cream (what is that!?). Based on my flavor you can probably figure out my post restriction. Don't have time to come up with one now though.

not as strange as garlic I suspose, I could eat the fuck out of a marscapone ice cream, or a creme franche ice cream (which is kinda cheesy flavored).

With how all over the flavors are, I feel like my gut was correct, and the flavors don't matter at all, but serve as a good start for discussion (kinda like ice cream). All power to the mod.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm UTC

unvote

because i forgot to and my vote wasn't serious. I'll see who else is lurky.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:57 pm UTC

Yeah, I'm thinking that town(? not scum) flavors are pretty much spread across the board at this point. But since most of us have claimed already, I figure I'll claim too. I'm banana icecream.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:38 pm UTC

Claimed flavors:

Freezeblade -Chocolate
wam - shrimp
Lawrencelot - mint
Adam H - raspberry
Djehutynakht - (perhaps soft claim of Rocky Road?)
Eculc - Banana
dimochka - cheese

Everything seems to be forthcoming about this, and DJ still appears lurky to me. so my vote stays.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Djehutynakht - (perhaps soft claim of Rocky Road?)

Nope, just a pun unfortunately.

My flavor is Bacon.

As in the pork product, not the scientist/philosopher.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 pm UTC

Yeah we didn't get anything from the flavor claims. If anything, "bacon" smells a tiny bit like Dj made it up. If I was trying to think of a weird and gross flavor of ice cream, bacon would be one of the first that comes to mind.

But really his content is worse than anyone else's, and that's why my vote stays.
-Adam

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:09 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:If anything, "bacon" smells a tiny bit like Dj made it up. If I was trying to think of a weird and gross flavor of ice cream, bacon would be one of the first that comes to mind.

But really his content is worse than anyone else's, and that's why my vote stays.

I made it up? Really? We have Shrimp Ice Cream Adam. Bacon doesn't hold a candle to that.

In any case, not my control. Diemo gave it to me.

Since there's a lull in both my schedule and Scooby Doo, here's your damned content:

Re: Ice Cream 1

I played it, but I don't remember too much off the top of my head. I'd have to go back and read.

However, what I do remember clearly is being lynched D1 after being unfairly accused by Adam of scumminess on a point I made (I happened to be right, by the way) and subsequently bandwagoned.
I flipped town. Adam, subsequently, also flipped town. But mind you my lynch D1 put us on the MYLO. Also note that town was the good side at the time.

Mind yourself, Adam, of your past mistakes.

Adam's position has been to "talk, talk, talk" which I think is a good one. D1 lynches, after all, are based on nothing but what we say. This is dangerous for us since in this game a D1 scum-lynch is key, otherwise we enter a dangerous MYLO period the next day with scum controlling 2/3 of the vote. Meaning all it takes is for them to convince one person and they've hammered the game.

Essentially, unless we lynch scum (vanilla) today, our chances of winning fall dramatically.

Of course, this is probably why Adam's come after me, which I can't admittedly blame him for.

He also suggests flavor roleclaims, which we've established, and I believe are now in agreement are just... flavor.

Dimochka points out the obvious ease of a falseclaim, which, considering massclaim, must have happened. Looking at the list, analysis of flavorclaims probably won't get us far.
Optional role-restrictions probably are useless analyzing as well (mmm... rolls...)

Freezeblade agrees that ranking flavors by towniness also seems... wine-y (why did Diemo not include wine-flavored ice cream? Would've been a great joke).

Re: Whether scum have safeclaims... It may be possible that scum do have safeclaims. It would follow suit with many other games, as Lawrence pointed out. However, by this point I think the subject is moot. After wam's initial claim of Shrimp we pretty much opened up the list to anything, and there are a hell-ton of options. Scum should have been able to safely come up with a safeclaim even if they didn't have one provided. I just have to wonder if they erred towards odd or normal, or both.

Adam and Wam's little spat over claiming first seems a bit odd. But I'll attribute it to beginning-of-day nervousness. Wam's vote on Adam for saying "townie" is understandable, but, I think, misplaced. There's going to be too much confusion over the town/mafia switch for most "slips" to be actual scum indicators. Of course, some may be, and we may need one for a successful lynch today, but we have to be extra-scrutinizing.

Oh, and also the fact that Wam's objection to massclaim is pretty well known.

I'm a bit suspicious of Dimochka, after having read Ice Cream 1, claiming that we just throw votes out and see where that gets us. I admit, we've nothing to go on, but our D1 is much more important than the normal D1. And while there was "just good ol' scumhunting"... we were pretty wrong. So I think we need to be a bit more careful than randomness. Of course voting elicits response, but responses often become self-defensive, leading to wine.

Also, after the flavor-scuffle between Adam and Wam Dimochka states one or the other must be scum. This is also a bit fishy to me.. our big downfall last time was a townie-townie misunderstanding, and if this is one (common D1) then we have an issue here.

And then in the end a ton of the top/middle of Page 2 has just been a bunch of flavor claiming and random discussion.

And so here we are.

Floating in a sea of ice.

Waiting for Vanilla to pop out from behind the fish sticks.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:11 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:In any case, not my control. Diemo gave it to me.

Maybe I have safeclaim on the brain from rereading thread, but to clarify:

Diemo gave it to me in the sense that he assigned all players a role-name.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 am UTC

Vote: dimochka

It's been pointed out several times that saying either Adam H or wam is scum, was something fishy to say, but I notice no one has been voting him for it. I agree with this sentiment at least enough to put the first vote on him.

Adam H wrote:Actually, this does ping me a tiny bit. You seem slightly worried that people will think normal flavors are scummy. If chocolate (freezeblade) is scum then I will be looking hard at you.

I don't see my flavour as normal. I don't associate chewing gum and toothpaste with ice cream, but maybe that's me. But it's good you got something out of the name claims because I didn't really.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:33 pm UTC

will post within the hour my thoughts. real quick though - i still stand by the fact that i believe one of wam/adam is scum.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm UTC

when is deadline (time)? requesting extension till evening tonight. working on analysis right now.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote: dimochka

Unvoting because DJ has posted and I don't see anything there to warrant a vote.

Voting dimochka because "I'll post within an hour" then two days later he still hasn't posted makes it seem like he just doesn't feel like it. He seems to have the time for it, since otherwise why would he make the commitment in the first place? In my experience the people who can't be bothered to reread and such are usually scum.

Deadline:
Diemo wrote:Deadline will be Tuesday 18th at whatever point my hangover is abated enough for me to get online, so, late, GMT time :)
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”