Icecream Mafia 2: Game Over: Town (Mafia) Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:42 pm UTC

In all fairness, Dimochka, like myself, is just wrapping up another game. But dammit, if I had to make room to post for you people, so does he.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 pm UTC

damn it my post just got erased as i was going through analyzing everyone. so at this point going to try to summarize.

Also note - i had a busy weekend as a family friend's dad passed away and we spent time with them. and forums have been unresponsive and difficult to post. and yes dj is correct.

freezeblade - neutral. focuses a lot on discussing importance of flavors but he sticks to his vote on dj, though with adam's analysis
wam - neutral, initially leaning scum but later more town for his view regarding me on the weird flavors. don't think this would be something scum would point out.
adam h - i disagree with his views, and i think his view on the irrelevance of flavors yet watching lawrencelot for his view on flavors (the post pointing out being scummy regarding freezeblade's townieness). combined with his vote at the end, i think he's more likely than others scum.
lawrencelot - more townie than the rest especially because he's sticking to his point. his vote on me, though i disagree with it, makes sense. i'm more than happy to debate it further
eculc - lurky and essentially no content. neutral bordering on scum, my 2nd choice for lynch
dj - i like his reasoning, but to address his suspicion of me, throwing around votes d1 is exactly what gets conversation started and going. after all, look at what my comment on wam/adam did. unfortunately we cannot test my theory by lynching both, but we'll find out at endgame.

[SCUM] adam eculc dj freezeblade wam lawrence [TOWN] is my list and if this thing crashes again i give up.

vote: adam

can someone tell me if they also have issues with the forums for last 48 hours?
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:adam h - i disagree with his views, and i think his view on the irrelevance of flavors yet watching lawrencelot for his view on flavors (the post pointing out being scummy regarding freezeblade's townieness). combined with his vote at the end, i think he's more likely than others scum.
There's nothing here except an OMGUS. You'll have to explain how "flavors are probably unhelpful, but lawrencelot's claim is slightly pinging" or any of my other perfectly reasonable views are scummy.

I'm happy with my vote.
-Adam

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby wam » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:58 pm UTC

Iv also had forum issues which have eaten posts.

Not really anything to add that I missed though apart from still happy with my vote.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby eculc » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 am UTC

I as well have had forum issues.

Anyways, a bit of a readthrough before I go to bed:

Adam is the first to suggest massclaiming role names. If he's scum that has falseclaims, he would know that it's safe for everyone to claim. If he's town, while there's not necessarily any harm in massclaiming the points that others (namely dimochka and freezeblade) make are still valid - essentially, that name-claiming won't be particularly helpful, which is exactly what happened.

Adam says that prodding content out of players does more good than harm. I agree, since we don't ha e power roles our discussion is the only thing we have to work with.

Dimochka votes me for lurking.

Wam suggests that adam claim first. Since he's the one that suggested it, if he doesn't have a safeclaim then he wouldn't have anything to base his claim off of, which could lead to his rolename standing out.

Wam throws what I have to assume is an all-but-baseless vote. I don't think that the majority faction being called mafia in flavor has any significant effect on the intention of peoples' words.

Dimochka throws out that he thinks one of wam or adam is scum. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with an accusation like that, based solely on the fact that they're arguing.

dj points out that dimochka also claimed town. Side note: if adam and dimochka turn out to be the scum team in this game, I'm going to be really disappointed in myself for not thinking this is a tell.

People start claiming their role names, not much interesting.

Adam votes Dj for lurking. Not out of the question, adam really doesn't like lurkers so I don't think this is really a tell one way or the other. That said, we have to lynch scum D1 or D2 or we lose, so a mislynch is something to be wary of.

Freezeblade also votes Dj for lurking. I think this is more following after adam than actually giving a reason, though. It seems suspicious.

Wam votes Freezeblade for jumping on the vote for Dj. I am a bit suspicious of freezebade's vote, so this seems fairly townie.

more flavor claims. Everyone agrees that flavor claims aren't going to help us out.

Lawrence thinks that dimochka's accusation of wam and/or adam is suspicious, votes for dimochka. Like I said earlier, dimochka throwing out blind accusations isn't something I'm really comfortable with, but there's no vote associated with it so It doesn't seem to be voteworty to me. Lawrence looks like he might be trying to put down a safe vote on someone that he doesn't think will get lynched.

Adam votes for dimochka, for lurking (again?). Same as before, a mislynch is something we want to be careful of.

Dimochka puts up an analysis post, gives his list of who is scummy/townie.

Right now, I think Freezeblade and Adam are the scummiest, followed by lawrence, dimochka, wam, Dj, and finally myself.


Adam looks slightly less scummy than freezeblade, mostly because he has a meta of voting for lurkers. D1 is also the time when voting for lurkers will help us out the most. At worst, it'a a mislynch that clears out someone unhelpful, and at best it's scum that's trying to skirt below the radar. On the other hand, he hasn't really given any reason for his votes other than "little/no content" and I can't help but think that's a bit weak justification. If he made the same votes D2 for the same reasons, I would be highly suspicious.

Freezebade, however, looks like he's trying to score an easy vote by giving no justification for his vote other than "what adam said" then hasn't unvoted since Dj started posting more.

So, with that, I'll

Vote: Freezeblade
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Diemo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 am UTC

Votals:
eculc (0)
Adam (1) - dimochka
DJ (1) - freezeblade
freezeblade (2) - wam, eculc
dimochka (2) - Lawrencelot, Adam H

Deadline will be Tuesday 18th at whatever point my hangover is abated enough for me to get online, so, late, GMT time :) so I didn't actually drink that much this Paddy's day, but will put deadline at 3PM GMT tomorrow. Can give an extension if required due to forum timeouts (3 people requesting)
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

i feel better about eculc after this post, definitely do not feel the same way about adam. my vote stays.

Two notes:
1- Regarding wam's penchant for arguing - wam always likes to argue, but I think he would do a better job at it had he been anti-town. In this case, as a vanilla (as in majority and also without powers) townie, he can throw a vote on someone to elicit a response, as he would have nothing else to go on.
2 - Saying for half of D1 that flavors probably don't matter then saying you are pinged by lawrencelot's post about normal flavors being scum is definitely something that jumps out to me, especially as adam is a normal flavor himself.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:19 pm UTC

EBWOP: since forums are working fine again, i don't need an extension.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Adam H » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:20 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:Two notes:
1- Regarding wam's penchant for arguing - wam always likes to argue, but I think he would do a better job at it had he been anti-town. In this case, as a vanilla (as in majority and also without powers) townie, he can throw a vote on someone to elicit a response, as he would have nothing else to go on.
2 - Saying for half of D1 that flavors probably don't matter then saying you are pinged by lawrencelot's post about normal flavors being scum is definitely something that jumps out to me, especially as adam is a normal flavor himself.
1) Wam does a bad job arguing as town and a good job arguing as scum? Yeah this really feels like you are trying to get both me and wam lynched, one after the other.
2) I just thought it was notable that he didn't like mint ice cream. Mint chocolate chip and peppermint ice cream are delicious!
-Adam

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm UTC

Okay... the tiebreaker... it's up to me... (unless someone else wants to change their vote, of course).


Um... I still have about an hour and a half. Give me a few minutes to reread and post.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm UTC

i'm pretty sure i said i view wam as more townie now. so no, i am not trying to get him lynched unless he gives me a good reason to do so.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

1 hour left.

I don't feel like my opinion is strong enough on anyone to lynch them. These are my feelings about players, semi from the top of my head:

Freezeblade: agree that his second vote on Djehutynakht is suspicious. Slightly scum.
wam: votes for Adam and stands by it. I forgot his reasoning but he seems consistent. Neutral/town
Lawrencelot
Adam H: Gives me a scummy vibe, but I've played with him before and this also happens when he's town. So ignoring my gut, I can see all of his actions (nameclaim, push on Dje, etc.) to be motivated either from a scum or town win condition, so Neutral for now.
Djehutynakht: His post from March 14 about the safeclaim strikes me as slightly suspicious. Other than that he's been making a good effort so neutral/town
Eculc: Like his analysis post. Town
dimochka: In my opinion he's won the last small discussion about Adam being inconsistent about flavour. I was suspicious of him before, enough to put down a first vote, but I'm not sure I want to actually see him lynched. He has been posting some decent content but he's not out of the picture for me.

From scum to town: dimochka/Freezeblade, Adam H, wam, Djehutynakht, Eculc, Lawrencelot

Unvote

Will vote either dimochka or Freezeblade later, leaning more towards Freezeblade now because of dimochka's latest content.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Adam H » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:24 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:1) Wam does a bad job arguing as town and a good job arguing as scum? Yeah this really feels like you are trying to get both me and wam lynched, one after the other.

dimochka wrote:i'm pretty sure i said i view wam as more townie now. so no, i am not trying to get him lynched unless he gives me a good reason to do so.
Yes, and then when I flip town it would be very easy to flip over to wam, because his arguments helped get me lynched and therefore were good (implying that he is scum).

And as far as I can tell you haven't come up with anything other than "wam is town therefore adam is scum", which is not good reason to lynch someone! There are three potential holes: 1) maybe wam is not town, 2) maybe wam's towniness does not imply adam is scum, and 3) maybe adam is town even though wam's towniness implies he is scum.

You look to me like you are over-confident regarding all three of those points.
-Adam

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm UTC

Okay... Freezeblade or Dimochka...

Let me see:

-Freezeblade voted for me on the same precepts as Adam (no content).
-However, I have posted content now, and he has yet to unvote me (Adam has), which is odd.
-At the very least he hasn't posted a new reason for keeping his lynch vote, which is fishy. As wam said, it looks like a bit of bandwagon
-However, a vote on Freezeblade might seem OMGUS. But that's wine... I can't care about looks at this stage! We need action!

-..I have noticed however, that Freezeblade hasn't been on since. That might explain some things, especially since Saint Patrick's Day. But I can't make exceptions for inactivity.

Dimochka I've noted much of my suspicions from in my last post.
Dimochka wrote:dj - i like his reasoning, but to address his suspicion of me, throwing around votes d1 is exactly what gets conversation started and going. after all, look at what my comment on wam/adam did. unfortunately we cannot test my theory by lynching both, but we'll find out at endgame.


That "unfortunately we can't test my theory... we'll find out in endgame" spikes me as fishy. Why base your game-play theory on something you openly admit to not being able to accomplish? Hypothetically, if you were scummates with one of them, and we mislynched the other on D1, not being able to test your theory (i.e. not lynching the other) saves them, and thus loses us the game.

I'm not sure I phrased that exactly right, but that's the basic idea. I'm unsure of that comment.

In any case, with Lawrence unvoting, it seems I don't have to make such a grueling decision yet.
I'm a bit worried that he unvoted for a reason of getting last say on the lynch, so I'm not going to vote immediately. But I'm content with allowing Freezeblade to take the lead in votals for now.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm UTC

Vote: Freezeblade.

Almost forgot, hope I am still on time

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

I'm not going to cause an official hammer by voting for Freezeblade, but I agree with his lynch.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day One

Postby Diemo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:07 pm UTC

Votals:
eculc (0)
Adam (1) - dimochka
DJ (1) - freezeblade
freezeblade (3) - wam, eculc, Lawrencelot
dimochka (1) - Adam H


The scared members of the glorious flavoured mafia gathered to choose who the vanilla killers are. At first, they were suspicious of each other for flavour reasons, "What kind of flavour is bacon anyway?" "Ugh, mint, that's disgusting", etc. But pretty soon they realised that they had to lynch, and turned to freezeblade. "Trying to blend in by having freeze in your name, eh?" someone shouted as the hairdryer was taken out! With only silence from the victim, and the baying of every more people for his cream, the hairdryer was switched on . . .

freezeblade was lynched. Deadline for night is in 48 hours, though I will start earlier if mafia indicates they are happy for an earlier start. Alignment will be revealed in the morning.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Diemo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm UTC

The following morning, everyone gathered to go through freezeblades room. Well, nearly everyone. "We can find eculc afterwards, was freezeblade our killer?" Unfortunatly on going through his room a book is found detailing the history of the town from Madge's point of view. Why yes, freezeblade was Madge's direct descendant, clearly a mafiosa! Breaking into eculc's room, you discover that he is related to the mayor (second cousin twice removed by marraige). He could never betray family, so there is clearly still two killers out there...

Freezeblade was mafia.

eculc is dead. eculc was mafia.

Five alive, Three to lynch.

Deadline is next Wednesday at 3PM GMT.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:34 pm UTC

So my view hasn't changed and if we weren't at LYLO you know very well where I'd place my vote. I also believe that this game will end in one of two ways. Either I get lynched today and majority (flavors) loses, or we lynch correctly. And yes I specifically mean me, because I still believe Adam needs to be lynched and today is likely to boil down to me vs. him.

BUT I'm going to go and re-read everyone's posts and, now that forums are at least not crashing on me, try to post another analysis that will hopefully not get erased this time around. Of course, mod madness may make this complicated...

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:06 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I also believe that this game will end in one of two ways. Either I get lynched today and majority (flavors) loses, or we lynch correctly.


That's an awful lot of importance you're placing specifically on yourself. Not to be pointing fingers too frivolously in our current situation, but any claimed majority member putting so much importance on their own preservation is a little suspicious. I'm not getting the most mafia of vibes from this*



*(Well, I suppose we as a mafia group have taken on the characteristics of a stereotypical "town", wheras if we were still embracing the characteristics of traditional minority mafia, self-preservation would be very understandable)

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

LOL I was like WE WIN!!!!!!!! Wait why didn't we win. Oh yeah.

OK, so there's wam, dimochka, Lawrence, and DJ left.

I have become even more entrenched in the position that Dimochka should have been lynched yesterday. Lawrence unvoted dimochka and voted freezeblade for literally no reason given. I think it was probably because they are the two scum. Dimochka being scum and Lawrence being town is certainly possible, while Lawrence being scum and dimochka being town seems unlikely because if Lawrence was scum then there was no reason for Lawrence to call attention to himself like that; he could have let someone else break the tie.

I think DJ is much more scummy than wam based on 1) wam not ever saying anything I thought was scummy, and 2) DJ with his "I'm content with allowing Freezeblade to take the lead in votals for now." which is both passive and wrong. So DJ and Lawrence are tied for second-scummiest IMO.

Vote: dimochka

Yeah it's LYLO but there's no good reason not to put a vote down. We aren't waiting on a cop result or anything.

dimochka wrote:So my view hasn't changed and if we weren't at LYLO you know very well where I'd place my vote.
Dimochka has never justified this obviously fabricated suspicion he has for me. No one else has implied that its scummy that I suggested Lawrence should think mint ice cream is normal. So this is just dimochka defending Lawrence... hmmmm that seems about right, no?
-Adam

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm UTC

And I doubt Adam would vote had he not been the Vanilla killer that he is, so I see no reason not to return the favor.

vote: adam h

I don't see anything I need to justify. You were looking for a reason to attack lawrence which was contrary to your view of the importance of flavors shown earlier on, and I pointed it out. Interesting how that makes Lawrence and myself the Vanilla.

That does not in any way mean that Lawrence isn't scum, but I do consider him more townie than others. Would be quite ironic if I were Vanilla and put my Vanillamate as the most townie person without anyone else insinuating the same...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:31 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:And I doubt Adam would vote had he not been the Vanilla killer that he is
This is quite a bold lie. I'm pretty sure everyone can figure out that waiting to vote until you can hammer is the best play for scum at LYLO. Unless, of course, someone votes for you, in which case you can no longer afford to hold your vote back lest you get bandwagoned.

I find your usage of "Vanilla" in place of "scum" very... interesting. In hindsight, that's obviously what the mod calls the scum. But I would never have guessed it if you hadn't let it slip. Let me guess, the scum chat title probably has "Vanilla" in it and you've just been looking at it for two days, eh? :D
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:35 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:You were looking for a reason to attack lawrence which was contrary to your view of the importance of flavors shown earlier on, and I pointed it out. Interesting how that makes Lawrence and myself the Vanilla.

That does not in any way mean that Lawrence isn't scum, but I do consider him more townie than others. Would be quite ironic if I were Vanilla and put my Vanillamate as the most townie person without anyone else insinuating the same...
Oh yeah, and I should say that not once did I say Lawrence was scummy. The worst I ever accused him of was that if freezeblade came back scum I would suspect Lawrence.

Huh, and I just realized what Lawrence did in response: he got freezeblade lynched (who came back town, thus meaning that I would not think Lawrence was scum, I guess). The problem is that I never seriously thought that link was significant. I mean, read my posts and tell me you thought I was ever trying to get Lawrence lynched. The thing is, scummers tend to blow things out of proportion. So what appears to most players as normal content appears to scum (dimochka and Lawrence) as serious accusations from which they need to defend themselves.
-Adam

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby wam » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 pm UTC

Huh interesting, still trying to get my head around this. Dim I think has stood out the most of all the people left but I do never trust adam.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:And I doubt Adam would vote had he not been the Vanilla killer that he is, so I see no reason not to return the favor.


I actually don't see your reasoning here to be honest.

dimochka wrote:I don't see anything I need to justify.


This pings me as suspicious. Combining "I don't need to justify" with "I must not be lynched" makes for a bit of a suspicious case in my opinion. A ton of what we're doing here is about justification. It seems like you're trying to strongman this day, which is a bit of a scummy move. Possible for a townie, but still suspicious.
_______________

Adam H wrote:LOL I was like WE WIN!!!!!!!! Wait why didn't we win. Oh yeah.


I admit, I had a similar reaction

Adam H wrote:DJ with his "I'm content with allowing Freezeblade to take the lead in votals for now." which is both passive and wrong.


Okay, I'll admit to that looking scummy. In hindsight it kind of dawned on me. D1 hammering just never seems like a good idea to me, so I didn't want to lock everything in.

In my defense, deadline was in like 5 minutes anyways.


Also, I may just be really keen on remembering flavor, but I'm pretty sure it was decently clear the Vanilla are our scum. So going after Dimochka on that point seems a bit baseless.

Maybe it's just because that's how you (wrongfully) lynched me last game, so I'm a bit defensive on game flavor

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm UTC

as scum, i wouldn't bother putting that much attention on myself. A quiet D1 where no one blames anyone else seriously results in a 5/7 chance of MYLO. So from that perspective it's more likely to be a townie move to try and actively blame someone.

Funny enough, had Adam not been voting for me D1, he probably would've placed that vote on Lawrencelot as the one thing he managed to nit-pick and then say "oh oops that comment looked scummy" come D2 reveal. Now, he'll be content with lynching either of us because it's MYLO and all he needs is one more mislynch. I have no idea who his scummate is but I doubt that it's Lawrencelot. Also, if we were both scum, why would I have such an issue with letting my scummate be lynched and get a bit of town cred?

Yes all wine because by default we don't have cop results in this game so wine is inevitable. Feel free to pick sides but if one of you from town places a vote on me, that will likely be the end of the game.

Just based on a process of elimination and responses, I'd say DJ is most likely to be his scummate, wam is 2nd, and lawrencelot is 3rd (primarily based on posts from D1 and how I felt about those people). It's interesting looking back now that Adam placed a vote on DJ way in the beginning, which is something I've seen scum do a number of times, just like Boomfrog and I did when we played that zombie mafia, and other similar games. At this point I want Adam lynched and then we can figure out the 2nd scum come D3.

And really? Point out typing Vanilla as being in the PM title? I wouldn't know but you might! I've been trying to figure out the right way to indicate scum vs town for a while and I figured capitalizing Vanilla would make sense. Actually I don't even see why Vanilla would be capitalized in the PM title. I wouldn't have capitalized it, I think...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:as scum, i wouldn't bother putting that much attention on myself. A quiet D1 where no one blames anyone else seriously results in a 5/7 chance of MYLO. So from that perspective it's more likely to be a townie move to try and actively blame someone.


Not necessarily. I mean, for instance if game activity had already started, blaming someone is a clear way to define yourself as a scumhunter (even if wrong) and, ergo, not scum. Being quiet can hurt. When I hadn't talked much on D1 I was voted for by multiple people for lack of content and on the idea that scum would try to be quiet. Activity isn't always a majority-member indication.


dimochka wrote:Also, if we were both scum, why would I have such an issue with letting my scummate be lynched and get a bit of town cred?


Theoretically, presuming he was your scummate, it's simply much easier to try and get an actual mislynch today and end the game, rather than extending for another day.

dimochka wrote: Feel free to pick sides but if one of you from town places a vote on me, that will likely be the end of the game.


See... it's that whole "I (specifically) must not be touched" thing popping up again. I'm unsure of it.

dimochka wrote:Just based on a process of elimination and responses, I'd say DJ is most likely to be his scummate...(primarily based on posts from D1 and how I felt about those people). It's interesting looking back now that Adam placed a vote on DJ way in the beginning, which is something I've seen scum do a number of times, just like Boomfrog and I did when we played that zombie mafia, and other similar games. At this point I want Adam lynched and then we can figure out the 2nd scum come D3.


Hey, if we're throwing down the speculation gauntlet here, might I put forward the not-so-outlandish theory that Adam and you could in fact be the scumteam?

You just said it yourself above--why not lynch your scummate in an attempt to get some townie cred? If you manage lynching Adam, who would suspect you as the second scum D3?

Conversely, if Adam happens to lynch you, who would ever suspect him as the second scum D3? You've built up such a rivalry we never would. As opposed to, say, Adam's vote on me. Yeah, he voted for me, but the opposition between us has yet to become particularly... fierce. And throwing a scummate under the bus is also something I've seen done in other games.

dimochka wrote:Actually I don't even see why Vanilla would be capitalized in the PM title. I wouldn't have capitalized it, I think...


Well this just seems weird to me. I dunno why exactly, but it's odd.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 pm UTC

In a meeting so quick post. That theory of adam and me being scumteam would actually make sense based on my logic. I obviously know that it's not true but I have to think about it and see how I can disprove it.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby wam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm UTC

The good news is that we have plenty of time to work this out.

Gut feel is that Dim and adam might be two town arguing away and freeze and DJ are scum lurking and hiding in the background.

If I had to pick one of adam and DIm I would pick dim. But am tempted to vote adam as he won as scum against me recently (of the top of my head).

Anyway more at some point when I have had a chance to re-read.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 pm UTC

Putting a vote on dimochka was mainly to try to smoke his scummate out as well as poke reactions out of everyone. That doesn't seem to have happened.

I will be online very sporadically if at all this weekend, so I need to unvote so I don't give wam/Lawrence/DJ an easy opportunity to hammer dimochka if he is indeed town. While I'm 90% sure dimochka is scum, I could be wrong.

So why did I vote in the first place? I'm more active than any of the three other players and I think they are all generally online when I am, so I figured I'd easily be able to unvote if one of them sketchily jumped on the bandwagon.

Unvote
-Adam

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:28 am UTC

wam wrote:Gut feel is that Dim and adam might be two town arguing away and freeze and DJ are scum lurking and hiding in the background.


With regards to activity today, wam, between you, Lawrence, and I, I hardly think I'm the one lurking here.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 pm UTC

I have to say - based on the fact that two people didn't get on my vote yet, it is likely that either I am scum, or that I am voting for scum.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm UTC

Or, admittedly, that the two scum have so far had a difficult time coordinating activity. They generally have to be on fairly close to each other to orchestrate a blitzhammer.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby wam » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:41 am UTC

DJ Fair enough you are right I haven;t been contributing enough.

So with 5 alive 2 scum 3 town.

I have a key question, DIM and Adamn are you prepared to vote for anyone other than each other?

BEcause if your not it comes down to a simple 50/50 for the rest of us.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:26 pm UTC

For the right reasons, yes. There are two scum in game, after all. There would be no point for me to vote for someone if not a single other person will vote the same.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 pm UTC

wam wrote:I have a key question, DIM and Adamn are you prepared to vote for anyone other than each other?

BEcause if your not it comes down to a simple 50/50 for the rest of us.
Meh. Probably not. I don't see it happening. But if it came down to a situation where it was either me or Lawrence, of course I would.

I guess we're just waiting on Lawrence, yeah?

No reason not to vote for dimochka in the meantime.

Vote: dimochka
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 pm UTC

Can we get an extension and/or a replacement if Lawrencelot doesn't come back before the deadline?
-Adam

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

When's deadline? Wednesday?

Huh.

(Okay, well we're not as bad as I thought. I just thought it was Tuesday for a second).


But yeah. I'm kinda wanting a Lawrence post about now. Can't tell if inactive or avoiding us.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Icecream Mafia 2: Day Two

Postby Diemo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 pm UTC

Sure. Lawrencelot has been prodded, if there is no activity in 24 hours I will seek a replacement. Additional time will be added as needed
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests