[T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Game Over: It's Quiet Now

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Misnomer

[T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Game Over: It's Quiet Now

Postby Misnomer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm UTC

TWITCH PLAYS POKEMAFIA

Prologue
Abby drifted in and out of consciousness as she continued her endless flight through nothingness. Waking up on in an endless desert, no sooner had she placed one foot in front of the other when she fell forward into the perfectly still ocean. Sinking deep into the depths, the murk became a cityscape, dark skyscrapers rising up all around her – only to turn into the dense trees of a forest, as they had done so many times before. She knew that she was not dead, but also that she was not alive. Death brought with it finality, while life brought with it reality. This wasn’t either – this was merely endlessness.

But then, after some time – if time could be considered to even apply to this realm – she heard the voice. A familiar voice, though not necessarily a friendly one, it whispered her name. ‘Abby… Abby are you there?’ Abby closed her eyes and continued drifting. Grasslands… a tunnel… a mountaintop… the voice was surely just another part of the endlessness, if indeed she hadn’t just hallucinated it. Nothing could ever change here.

‘Abby, you have to listen to me. Abby!’

The Charmeleon’s eyes snapped open. Slowly, hesitantly, she replied, ‘Y-y-yes? Is there somebody there?’

‘Abby, concentrate on my voice. Don’t lose focus, not even for a second. We’re getting you out of here. Keep concentrating on my voice, and start looking for me.’

Abby looked around, and suddenly the endless landscape had gone. It had been replaced with what can only be described as nothingness: a canopy that was somehow both every colour at the same time, whilst being no colour at all. But yet, there was something there – her eyes couldn’t quite focus on it, but there was definitely something out there.

‘Run toward me Abby, run towards my voice. Run now, it’s your only hope!’

Abby paused, took a deep breath and then ran as if her life depended on it – which is just as well, because it did. Running towards the shape, the voice grew louder – as did a strange clicking noise, which chilled Abby right to her core. But still she kept running. As she got closer, a defining roar arose, and suddenly the world around her started to tumble and shake violently, as if the very fabric of the universe was collapsing. And still she ran – because she knew she was running towards escape, towards freedom.

And then, 3 things happened all at the same time.

First, Abby felt a sharp stabbing pain sweep through her body, as if she was being burned alive. Second, in a flash of fear and rage she suddenly recognised the voice that had been calling to her. And third, most importantly of all – Abby returned to reality.

Welcome to Twitch Plays Pokemafia! My humble self and my trusty assistant Vytron will be your moderators. Please take time to carefully read all of the information below - it'll be good for you!

Rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once a moderator says that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mods. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
10. This is a turbo - remember to post early and post often.

Basic Game Info:
1. Myself and Vytron are moderators. Send all mod PMs to both of us, and CC both of us into all night chat PMs.
2. This game has at least one town faction.
3. This game has at least one scum faction.
4. This game may or may not have other factions.
5. This game includes a mixture of standard and non-standard roles.
6. Multiple players may have the same role.
7. No role is guaranteed to be sane, and no mod statement is guaranteed to be true. Any lies told will be the result of game mechanics rather than mod bastardness.
8. The standard town win condition is as follows:
You are town, and win if at least one town player survives when all opposing factions are eliminated. Good luck!

9. Regardless of when a death takes place, role reveals will only occur at day end and night end.
10. Unless specifically told otherwise, you cannot self-target.
11. This game is likely to be somewhat chaotic - I reserve the right to add to or alter these rules and/or the setup should it become absolutely necessary.

Voting and Deadlines
Voting in this game operates as normal - to vote, cast your vote in bold on a new line as follows:

Vote: Misnomer

To change your vote, you must first unvote, as follows:

Unvote
Vote: Vytron

When a player receives a majority of votes, the day immediately ends and they are lynched, after any outstanding day actions are processed. DO NOT post in the thread after a majority has been reached. There are no vote altering roles, and it is not affected by either democracy or anarchy. You should therefore always assume that a majority vote has ended the day.

In this game, the mods will always set deadlines. These deadlines are 'soft' - even if the deadline passes, you can keep posting in thread until a mod declares the day to be over.

If when the mod ends the day no player has a majority of votes, then the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie in the votals, then the result will be no lynch.

Red - Day Actions
In addition to being a player in your own right, you are also a voice in Red's head - and as such, you can control a number of day actions at his disposal.

The actions Red has at his disposal are as follows:
Pokedex: [target] - public rolenamecop action on your target player
Helix: [target] - your target receives a PM informing them of how many town players are remaining
Dig: [target] - your target is immune to any subsequent Red actions performed that day
Cut: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot vigilante action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS cut is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Strength: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot roleblock action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS strength is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Flash: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot cop action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS flash is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Pokeflute: [target] - your target is kept awake in the subsequent night phase, and is informed as to what actions they were targeted with (but not who targeted them).
PC-Deposit: [target] - your target is deposited in the PC. Has no effect on players already in the PC.
PC-Withdraw: [target] - your target is withdrawn from the PC. Has no effect on players not already in the PC.
PC-Release: [target] - kills your target if your target is already in the PC. Has no effect on players not already in the PC.
To get Red to use a specific action, you should issue instructions in bold and on a new line, as follows:

Pokedex: Misnomer

Please note: you are only allowed to issue one instruction at a time, and you CANNOT issue another instruction if you were the last player to have issued an instruction.

Not all of the actions Red is instructed to do will actually be carried out - which actions are carried out will instead be determined by the current game mode (see below)

Game Modes: Anarchy and Democracy
This game has two modes, Anarchy and Democracy - their main impact is on how Red's actions are interpreted and carried out.

Anarchy
In Anarchy, all actions are carried out in real-time (or at least, as soon as the mods can get online). However, the majority of actions are messed up by the chaos of anarchy, and only a few are successfully carried out. When an action is successfully carried out, a mod will post in-thread saying so, as well as revealing any public consequences. The means of determining which actions is a secret, and will be kept as such - I can inform you however that spamming one particular action is highly unlikely to increase its probability of being successful. There is also a secret limit on the number of actions that can be performed each day under anarchy, which will vary throughout the game - it will typically be significantly higher than the three actions allowed under democracy however.

Democracy
Under Democracy, no actions count in real time. Instead, each instruction is treated as a vote - the instruction with the most votes is then carried out just before the lynch at the end of each day. You still post actions as normal, meaning that you can repeatedly vote for the same action and have each vote count. There is, however, no way to unvote in this system - be careful therefore that you do not repeatedly vote for an action which you might later wish not to occur. In the event of a tie at deadline, the last of the tied actions to have been in the lead prior to the deadline will be carried out.

To make up for the relative slowness of this process compared with anarchy, you can chain up to three actions together: for example, by voting for PC-Withdraw: Misnomer; PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release Vytron. This will carry out the actions in the order specified. However, be aware that each combination of actions counts as a separate voting option. If therefore, the end of day vote was as follows:
PC-Withdraw: Misnomer; PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release: Vytron - 3
PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release: Vytron; PC-Withdraw: Misnomer -3
PC-Release: Misnomer -4
Then Misnomer would be released.

Politics Votes
At the start of the game, each player will be asked to support either Democracy or Anarchy, by posting their preferred system in bold and on a new line, for example:

Anarchy

This first vote will determine which system will be used in Day 1, and will be decided by simple majority vote (with anarchy winning in the event of a tie). Once the game has begun, votes are automatically carried forward from day to day. Any player is able to change their vote during any day phase by posting a vote for the alternative in-thread.

At the end of each day, immediately after the lynch, the votes for each system will be tallied up. If the game mode is democracy, then a vote of 50% or more for anarchy will switch the system to anarchy. If the game mode is in anarchy, then a vote of 75% or more will switch the system to democracy.

Flavour Advice
The setup for this game is heavily influenced by the pseudo-religion/lore that sprung up around the TPP playthroughs. If you are unfamiliar with the flavour, you may find the following character and recap pages helpful. The bulk of the flavour will be based off of TPP Red, but characters/elements from the other games may also make an appearance (but then again, they may not).

Players (living):
1. Eculc (This is too good to pass up)
2. Madge (YESSSS TWO AWESOME MODS AND AN AWESOME GAME Gee Willikers Gee Willikers Gee Willikers Gee Willikers)
4. wam (I really shouldn't but it looks good)
5. mpolo (kind of scared to find out what the experimental stuff is here)
6. Xenomortis (All hail the Helix!)
7. kalira (Save us, Bird Jesus!)
8. ConMan (The voices are in my HEAD!)
9. WilliamTheConqueror (i'm terrified of what could happen but i'm doing it anyway)
12. dimochka (fine, let's see how a big turbo works when i'm not modding!)
13. firesoul31 (Uphold democracy! Quell the revolution! For the Dome!)
14. Y Dyn Eira - replaced by just_me D2-A

Players (dead):
3. Adam H - Professor Oak, Town Roleblocker/Friendly Neighbour - Lynched D1-A
10. Just_me - Daycare Man, Vanilla Town - Killed N1-A
11. Diemo (Woo big games!) - LazorGator, Mafia Strongman - Lynched D2-A

Phew, that took a while to write out!

Role PMs will soon be sent out, and will be followed by a confirmation phase shortly after. Feel free to post in the meantime for egosearch purposes etc., but please don't discuss strategy yet. Do not confirm in-thread until I specifically request that you do so.
Last edited by Misnomer on Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 pm UTC, edited 18 times in total.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Diemo

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia

Postby Diemo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

Posting before PM.

Also before reading, because beating the mod to the PM is super important!
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 pm UTC

Has anyone seen my ego? I'm trying to find my ego.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

"Wild EGO appeared!"

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

PC-Deposit Wild Ego
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 pm UTC

Confirmed! :D

Mods, just so you know, I won't be here all day Saturday unless I'm able to hijack an internet connection from the school I'll be at. Choir contests suck.

also,

Anarchy

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Last edited by WilliamTheConqueror on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Misnomer

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Pregame: confirm your polit

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 am UTC

‘You’ll want to take it easy for a while, old friend. Resurrection is something of an exhausting process.’

In spite of her pain, Abby looked up at the source of the voice in contempt. Directly across from her, on the other side of the dimly-lit cavern, a rather pitiful-looking Pokémaniac was whispering quietly to himself. But he was not the source of the voice – that instead came from the Flareon beside him.

Abby gritted her teeth in anger. The False Prophet – the very Pokémon who had banished her to hell in the first place. ‘I am not your friend’, she spat, ‘I am a servant of the Helix, and you are the creature of Dome. No tricks now – how did I get to this place?’

‘Why, I have to say, I’m hurt’, the False Prophet replied with a grin, slowly advancing across the cave. ‘I had hoped we could let bygones be bygones. Still, to answer your question, you got here the same way I did, and for the same reason: you were brought back because the Lord Dome has a purpose for you.’

The Pokémaniac stirred slightly at the mention of Dome, but Abby paid him no attention. ‘I only serve Helix!’ she cried ‘Tell your false god that I am not his errand girl!’

The False Prophet smiled a wicked grin, and leaned in close to whisper: ‘Tell him yourself…’

Abby followed the Flareon’s gaze, and this time she noticed the Pokémaniac: he was standing upright now, and in his hand, glowing malevolently, was a fossil Abby had hoped never to see again. When he spoke, he spoke with the voice of Dome.

‘You… you are the one they call ‘Abby’. A pitiful name, granted in Helix’s madness – and yet, you must serve my purposes. You shall go to your god, and you shall deliver my message. Tell him that the hour of judgement is at hand. The PC awakens, the dragons are falling, the dogs are loose, and the darkness is coming. He must repent for the sins of his followers, or even he shall not survive, and the doom of the world shall be upon his tentacles!’

‘N-n-no!’ Abby stuttered, ‘No, I shan't do what you say! It’s a trick!’

‘Foolish child!’ roared the god of democracy, ‘You dare to doubt my word! See for yourself the future that your precious Helix brings upon the ones you love!’
And then, suddenly they were no longer in the cave but on a battlefield. Carnage lay all around, scenes of brutal horror. Everywhere, Abby saw the death and destruction – and then, she started to see her friends' faces, permanently frozen in lifeless agony. Everywhere there was misery, hopelessness. And in the middle, stood Red. His eyes streamed with blood as he turned to Abby. ‘It’s quiet now’ he sobbed. ‘Why is it so quiet?’.

‘RED!!!’ screamed Abby, and they were back in the cave again. Sobbing, Abby fell to the floor.

‘Go to your trainer.’ Dome intoned, ‘Save him.’

‘You see Abby?’, whispered the False Prophet as he helped her back on to her feet, ‘Dome cares for Red just as much as Helix… and I care for him, just as much as you. We were never enemies… you have to save him…’

Abby paused for a moment, and then without a word she ran out of the cave. She didn’t know what she had just seen. She didn’t trust what she had just heard. But she knew she had to find Red. She had to save him…

After a few moments of silence, Dome spoke just two words to his disciple.

‘Follow her’.

OK, so that's all the role PMs out! If you haven't got one (or if your role doesn't make the slightest bit of sense), PM me a a matter of urgency.

Assuming that all is well, please confirm in thread that you have read your role PM and the first post by voting for either 'Anarchy' or 'Democracy' - the result of this vote will determine the game mode for Day 1. Please avoid discussing actual game strategy etc. until the game formally starts.

Given that some people are still returning to the forum post-madness, you have until 8pm BST (GMT+1) Friday 4th April to confirm. If you can though please confirm as soon as possible so that we can make a quick start.
:D
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:06 am UTC

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:Confirmed! :D

Mods, just so you know, I won't be here all day Saturday unless I'm able to hijack an internet connection from the school I'll be at. Choir contests suck.

[b]Noted, thanks for the heads up./b]

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 am UTC

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post or not. I already complimented Misnomer in PM but I just want to say this game flavour and setup is beautiful and I feel privileged to be playing!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 am UTC

Political Votals:

Anarchy: 1 (WillaimTheConqueror)
Democracy: 0

13 players to vote.

Also, a brief PSA: while it may not be Day 1 yet, the roles have gone out so you should consider the game started. Please DO NOT edit any posts from now on.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 am UTC

No democracy (unless necessary)!

Anarchy
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 am UTC

By definition Town is a majority, so:

Democracy
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:00 am UTC

Democracy
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:41 am UTC

Ok, so trade off is that if we go democracy then we are likely to have the actions more controlled by town. If we go with anarchy we get more actions.

It is half two in the morning here, so I should probably reread this properly before doing this, but fuck it,

Vote: anarchy

LET THE CHAOS ROLL!!
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 am UTC

Political Votals:

Anarchy: 3 (WillaimTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo)
Democracy: 2 (Madge, firesoul31)

9 players to vote.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:25 am UTC

Confirm

Vote: Democracy
Image <-- Evil experiment

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:25 am UTC

Political Votals:

Anarchy: 3 (WillaimTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo)
Democracy: 3 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo)

8 players to vote.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am UTC

Confirm

Vote Anarchy

Because it looks more fun.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:29 am UTC

Vote Democracy

will explain my reasoning once D1 starts but nothing out of the ordinary.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 am UTC

Political Votals:

Anarchy: 4 (WillaimTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo, wam)
Democracy: 4 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka)

6 players to vote.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:44 am UTC

Vote Anarchy

I honestly have no idea whether democracy or anarchy would be better.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Y Dyn Eira

Postby Y Dyn Eira » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

Vote Anarchy

Because I like democracy to go right down to the wire...

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm UTC

Political Votals:

Anarchy: 6 (WilliamTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo, wam, eculc, Y Dyn Eira)

4 players to vote.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:03 pm UTC

Anarchy
-Adam

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:36 pm UTC

What happens if anarchy and democracy are tied? In a related question, can I change my anarchy/democracy vote?
--Douglas Adams

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:43 pm UTC

I second Diemo's question (part 2)

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

As stated in the OP, on this initial vote a tie will result in Anarchy.

You cannot change your vote at this stage, although naturally you will be free to change it as soon as D1 begins.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:30 pm UTC

I assume we're in anarchy and simply waiting for others to confirm.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:42 pm UTC

Anarchy
Doesn't matter too much at this stage.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:19 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I assume we're in anarchy and simply waiting for others to confirm.

Correct - the others still need to vote however, as political votes are automatically carried forward and all players must be voting for one system or the other at any given time.

Political votals:

Anarchy: 8 (WilliamTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo, wam, eculc, Y Dyn Eira, Adam H, xenomortis)

2 players still to vote.

Y Dyn Eira

Postby Y Dyn Eira » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote Democracy

At the time of voting I was under some incorrect assumptions >_>

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:26 pm UTC

Y Dyn Eira wrote:Unvote

Vote Democracy

At the time of voting I was under some incorrect assumptions >_>

DENIED

...you may revote once D1 begins.

kalira

Postby kalira » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 am UTC

Confirmed, and

Democracy.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 am UTC

Political votals:[/b]
Anarchy: 8 (WilliamTheConqueror, ConMan, Diemo, wam, eculc, Y Dyn Eira, Adam H, xenomortis)
Democracy: 5 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira)

1 player still to vote.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm UTC

dimochka used Somebody Ping just_me!
It's not very effective...

just_me

Postby just_me » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 pm UTC

start
down
down
a
down
a:
confirm

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm UTC

just_me please vote anarchy or democracy

just_me

Postby just_me » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm UTC

Democracy

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:29 pm UTC

In anarchy, can we direct red to perform actions on ourselves (so for example, if I'm stored in PC, can I withdraw myself)?

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

Pokedex: dimochka

So, I am assuming at the moment that you can't use the actions on yourself (I could be very wrong there though). I like the idea of using actions as often as possible as it could be that in anarcy 1/12 of all actions get through (Of course, it could be that this is not the case due to the fact that spamming a popular action won't help)

There are 14 players, so I will start off the whole guess the setup by saying that I would thinkt hat it owuld be 8/1/1/1/3? where I would assume a survivor, possibly a lyncher/jester/SK as the other independants
--Douglas Adams

Return to “Mafia”