TWITCH PLAYS POKEMAFIA
Abby drifted in and out of consciousness as she continued her endless flight through nothingness. Waking up on in an endless desert, no sooner had she placed one foot in front of the other when she fell forward into the perfectly still ocean. Sinking deep into the depths, the murk became a cityscape, dark skyscrapers rising up all around her – only to turn into the dense trees of a forest, as they had done so many times before. She knew that she was not dead, but also that she was not alive. Death brought with it finality, while life brought with it reality. This wasn’t either – this was merely endlessness.
But then, after some time – if time could be considered to even apply to this realm – she heard the voice. A familiar voice, though not necessarily a friendly one, it whispered her name. ‘Abby… Abby are you there?’ Abby closed her eyes and continued drifting. Grasslands… a tunnel… a mountaintop… the voice was surely just another part of the endlessness, if indeed she hadn’t just hallucinated it. Nothing could ever change here.
‘Abby, you have to listen to me. Abby!’
The Charmeleon’s eyes snapped open. Slowly, hesitantly, she replied, ‘Y-y-yes? Is there somebody there?’
‘Abby, concentrate on my voice. Don’t lose focus, not even for a second. We’re getting you out of here. Keep concentrating on my voice, and start looking for me.’
Abby looked around, and suddenly the endless landscape had gone. It had been replaced with what can only be described as nothingness: a canopy that was somehow both every colour at the same time, whilst being no colour at all. But yet, there was something there – her eyes couldn’t quite focus on it, but there was definitely something out there.
‘Run toward me Abby, run towards my voice. Run now, it’s your only hope!’
Abby paused, took a deep breath and then ran as if her life depended on it – which is just as well, because it did. Running towards the shape, the voice grew louder – as did a strange clicking noise, which chilled Abby right to her core. But still she kept running. As she got closer, a defining roar arose, and suddenly the world around her started to tumble and shake violently, as if the very fabric of the universe was collapsing. And still she ran – because she knew she was running towards escape, towards freedom.
And then, 3 things happened all at the same time.
First, Abby felt a sharp stabbing pain sweep through her body, as if she was being burned alive. Second, in a flash of fear and rage she suddenly recognised the voice that had been calling to her. And third, most importantly of all – Abby returned to reality.
Welcome to Twitch Plays Pokemafia! My humble self and my trusty assistant Vytron will be your moderators. Please take time to carefully read all of the information below - it'll be good for you!
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once a moderator says that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mods. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
10. This is a turbo - remember to post early and post often.
Basic Game Info:
1. Myself and Vytron are moderators. Send all mod PMs to both of us, and CC both of us into all night chat PMs.
2. This game has at least one town faction.
3. This game has at least one scum faction.
4. This game may or may not have other factions.
5. This game includes a mixture of standard and non-standard roles.
6. Multiple players may have the same role.
7. No role is guaranteed to be sane, and no mod statement is guaranteed to be true. Any lies told will be the result of game mechanics rather than mod bastardness.
8. The standard town win condition is as follows:
You are town, and win if at least one town player survives when all opposing factions are eliminated. Good luck!
9. Regardless of when a death takes place, role reveals will only occur at day end and night end.
10. Unless specifically told otherwise, you cannot self-target.
11. This game is likely to be somewhat chaotic - I reserve the right to add to or alter these rules and/or the setup should it become absolutely necessary.
Voting and Deadlines
Voting in this game operates as normal - to vote, cast your vote in bold on a new line as follows:
To change your vote, you must first unvote, as follows:
When a player receives a majority of votes, the day immediately ends and they are lynched, after any outstanding day actions are processed. DO NOT post in the thread after a majority has been reached. There are no vote altering roles, and it is not affected by either democracy or anarchy. You should therefore always assume that a majority vote has ended the day.
In this game, the mods will always set deadlines. These deadlines are 'soft' - even if the deadline passes, you can keep posting in thread until a mod declares the day to be over.
If when the mod ends the day no player has a majority of votes, then the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie in the votals, then the result will be no lynch.
Red - Day Actions
In addition to being a player in your own right, you are also a voice in Red's head - and as such, you can control a number of day actions at his disposal.
The actions Red has at his disposal are as follows:
To get Red to use a specific action, you should issue instructions in bold and on a new line, as follows:Pokedex: [target] - public rolenamecop action on your target player
Helix: [target] - your target receives a PM informing them of how many town players are remaining
Dig: [target] - your target is immune to any subsequent Red actions performed that day
Cut: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot vigilante action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS cut is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Strength: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot roleblock action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS strength is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Flash: [target] - your target receives a 1-shot cop action to be used in the next night phase UNLESS flash is subsequently used on another player (in which case they get the action instead)
Pokeflute: [target] - your target is kept awake in the subsequent night phase, and is informed as to what actions they were targeted with (but not who targeted them).
PC-Deposit: [target] - your target is deposited in the PC. Has no effect on players already in the PC.
PC-Withdraw: [target] - your target is withdrawn from the PC. Has no effect on players not already in the PC.
PC-Release: [target] - kills your target if your target is already in the PC. Has no effect on players not already in the PC.
Please note: you are only allowed to issue one instruction at a time, and you CANNOT issue another instruction if you were the last player to have issued an instruction.
Not all of the actions Red is instructed to do will actually be carried out - which actions are carried out will instead be determined by the current game mode (see below)
Game Modes: Anarchy and Democracy
This game has two modes, Anarchy and Democracy - their main impact is on how Red's actions are interpreted and carried out.
In Anarchy, all actions are carried out in real-time (or at least, as soon as the mods can get online). However, the majority of actions are messed up by the chaos of anarchy, and only a few are successfully carried out. When an action is successfully carried out, a mod will post in-thread saying so, as well as revealing any public consequences. The means of determining which actions is a secret, and will be kept as such - I can inform you however that spamming one particular action is highly unlikely to increase its probability of being successful. There is also a secret limit on the number of actions that can be performed each day under anarchy, which will vary throughout the game - it will typically be significantly higher than the three actions allowed under democracy however.
Under Democracy, no actions count in real time. Instead, each instruction is treated as a vote - the instruction with the most votes is then carried out just before the lynch at the end of each day. You still post actions as normal, meaning that you can repeatedly vote for the same action and have each vote count. There is, however, no way to unvote in this system - be careful therefore that you do not repeatedly vote for an action which you might later wish not to occur. In the event of a tie at deadline, the last of the tied actions to have been in the lead prior to the deadline will be carried out.
To make up for the relative slowness of this process compared with anarchy, you can chain up to three actions together: for example, by voting for PC-Withdraw: Misnomer; PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release Vytron. This will carry out the actions in the order specified. However, be aware that each combination of actions counts as a separate voting option. If therefore, the end of day vote was as follows:
PC-Withdraw: Misnomer; PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release: Vytron - 3
PC-Deposit: Vytron; PC-Release: Vytron; PC-Withdraw: Misnomer -3
PC-Release: Misnomer -4
Then Misnomer would be released.
At the start of the game, each player will be asked to support either Democracy or Anarchy, by posting their preferred system in bold and on a new line, for example:
This first vote will determine which system will be used in Day 1, and will be decided by simple majority vote (with anarchy winning in the event of a tie). Once the game has begun, votes are automatically carried forward from day to day. Any player is able to change their vote during any day phase by posting a vote for the alternative in-thread.
At the end of each day, immediately after the lynch, the votes for each system will be tallied up. If the game mode is democracy, then a vote of 50% or more for anarchy will switch the system to anarchy. If the game mode is in anarchy, then a vote of 75% or more will switch the system to democracy.
The setup for this game is heavily influenced by the pseudo-religion/lore that sprung up around the TPP playthroughs. If you are unfamiliar with the flavour, you may find the following character and recap pages helpful. The bulk of the flavour will be based off of TPP Red, but characters/elements from the other games may also make an appearance (but then again, they may not).
1. Eculc (This is too good to pass up)
2. Madge (YESSSS TWO AWESOME MODS AND AN AWESOME GAME Gee Willikers Gee Willikers Gee Willikers Gee Willikers)
4. wam (I really shouldn't but it looks good)
5. mpolo (kind of scared to find out what the experimental stuff is here)
6. Xenomortis (All hail the Helix!)
7. kalira (Save us, Bird Jesus!)
8. ConMan (The voices are in my HEAD!)
9. WilliamTheConqueror (i'm terrified of what could happen but i'm doing it anyway)
12. dimochka (fine, let's see how a big turbo works when i'm not modding!)
13. firesoul31 (Uphold democracy! Quell the revolution! For the Dome!)
3. Adam H - Professor Oak, Town Roleblocker/Friendly Neighbour - Lynched D1-A
10. Just_me - Daycare Man, Vanilla Town - Killed N1-A
11. Diemo (Woo big games!) - LazorGator, Mafia Strongman - Lynched D2-A
Phew, that took a while to write out!
Role PMs will soon be sent out, and will be followed by a confirmation phase shortly after. Feel free to post in the meantime for egosearch purposes etc., but please don't discuss strategy yet. Do not confirm in-thread until I specifically request that you do so.