[T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Game Over: It's Quiet Now

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - D1-A: Elite Fourked

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 pm UTC

interesting that this worked. ok so either wam can continue doing actions, or potentially someone else can do actions.

wam, please submit something else. Others too. Make it relatively innocent yet useful (don't give our vig kills right now, I don't think that's a good idea; again feel free to pokedex me). Meanwhile I'll try to re-read and post my thoughts on scum vs town.

Ninja - doesn't change anything.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

wam

Postby wam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:52 pm UTC

As per the rules my understanding is that someone else needs to post an action before I can submit another one.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

Flash: ConMan

I also got 9 town players are remaining.

I'm voting for just_me because they've made one very lackluster post, for the record. I'll have a re-read tomorrow morning and see if anything's happened, past or future, to change my mind.

Player list again:

1. Eculc
2. Madge
3. Adam H
4. wam
5. mpolo
6. Xenomortis
7. kalira
8. ConMan
9. WilliamTheConqueror
10. Just_me
11. Diemo
12. dimochka
13. firesoul31
14. Y Dyn Eira
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:05 pm UTC

Pokedex Dimochka

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:18 pm UTC

pokedex diemo

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:47 pm UTC

pokedex dimochka
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

We still haven't gotten a successful flash so I'll continue up the player list.

Flash: kalira

I will also switch my vote off wam and onto just_me, because if he's scum then I can claim to be a genius.

Vote: just_me

dimochka wrote:interesting that this worked. ok so either wam can continue doing actions, or potentially someone else can do actions.

wam, please submit something else. Others too. Make it relatively innocent yet useful (don't give our vig kills right now, I don't think that's a good idea; again feel free to pokedex me). Meanwhile I'll try to re-read and post my thoughts on scum vs town.
What worked? This game confuses me.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:What worked? This game confuses me.

Wam's action whereas most others did not...

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm UTC

Well, "this" makes it seem like the action was partly yours. Maybe you suggested it in scumchat?
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 pm UTC

Pokedex: dimochka

If we could figure out how this Anarchy works, I could see keeping it, but if it's just going to encourage people to make contentless posts, where we may or may not actually get any powers/results out of it, I think that Democracy is the way to go.

I'm still waiting on content from just_me. (As are several others, apparently.) But I don't want to let that wagon get out of control, so I'm holding off. If I get a moment this evening, I'll try to reread and see if anything else pops out.
Image <-- Evil experiment

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm UTC

nowhere in the rules do i see anything related to day chat. unless you know more than me.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:45 pm UTC

I have no idea what adam is getting at.

Unvote

Vote adam

As his vote for just_me really looks like someone piling onto a badwagon without good justification.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:nowhere in the rules do i see anything related to day chat. unless you know more than me.

I also do not see anything related to day chat and I made no assumptions that scum did or did not have it.

It's still weird that you said "this worked" referring to someone else's action, as if it was the one thing that you suggested.
-Adam

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm UTC

Flash: Xenomortis
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am UTC

Flash: mpolo
Disappointingly few actions so far.

I still feel Pokeflute is more useful to scum than town early on.
But, Madge was the first to push for Flash I think, which is definitely a town power (although I don't like how closely she moves with Conman).

And, dimochka's request aside, there have been more uses of the Pokedex than I think we should be comfortable with; eculc and mpolo were very early on it. I suspect throwing rolenames out into the open early is more beneficial to scum than town.
Certainly, I don't like Pokedex attempts over Flash submissions.

Vote: Diemo

Something of a "default" vote in case I'm not online again until deadline.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:21 am UTC

Flash: wam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 am UTC

Flash: Adam H

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:34 am UTC

And I can't flash myself so I guess we'll go back around:

Flash: eculc

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:20 am UTC

Lynch Votals:

ConMan (1): (just_me)
Just_me (3): (Madge, firesoul31, Adam H)
Adam H (1): (wam)
firesoul31 (1): (kalira)
Diemo (1): (xenomortis)
Not voting (8): (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, eculc, Y Dyn Eira, mpolo, dimochka, ConMan)

8 votes to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 5 (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, wam, Adam H, xenomortis)
Democracy: 9 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, just_me, Y Dyn Eira, ConMan, eculc)

Assuming a successful lynch, 10 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

The PC is currently empty.

Soft deadline is now set for 6pm BST, Wednesday 9th April.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:15 am UTC

Flash: Madge

So everybody got a chance.

I'm more than willing to move the following vote, because it was really just one post, if he'll just come back and post something useful, but I suddenly have a very packed morning/afternoon, so I can't guarantee how often I'm going to be able to look in:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:35 am UTC

Xenomortis wrote:I still feel Pokeflute is more useful to scum than town early on.
But, Madge was the first to push for Flash I think, which is definitely a town power (although I don't like how closely she moves with Conman).

To be honest, I think about 75% of the reason Madge and I seem to be collaborating is because our time zones are currently 2 hours apart. And something close to 8 hours away in each direction from Europe and the US. Another 20% or so is probably having similar mindsets, hence feeling that similar courses of action are right (or at least look towny), and the other 5% might just be coincidence.

I don't know whether it's more worthwhile to keep trying to get Flash onto someone, or to try a different tack in the hopes that the other action will work, but on the assumption that it's worth one last shot, I will keep it going for a second loop of the player list.

Flash: eculc

I also want to drop a vote, and I am highly tempted to join the just_me bandwagon because OMGUS, and also because I do love me a good bandwagon. However, something about the Adam/dimochka interaction earlier has set me on edge, so I'm wondering if there's something to that and I may as well put some pressure in that general direction too.

Vote: Adam H
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 am UTC

ConMan wrote:Flash: eculc

Conman flared brightly in a burst in all directions, but only eculc was there to see it. eculc was blinded by the light, but after recovering, he noticed he could see things in the darkness he couldn't see before.

ConMan used Flash on eculc

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:37 am UTC

Hey, that one worked? I'm getting the feeling it's just random chance as to whether or not an action succeeds in anarchy. Anyways, I can confirm that I got a PM about having a one-shot cop ability tonight. Any suggestions on who to use it on?

I don't know how I feel about the bandwagon on just_me. Madge voted first with what was clearly a lurker-vote. Firesoul followed with a tiebreaker vote (which I think was misplaced. If you're going to put down a tiebreaker vote, try to put it on someone scummier than a lurker). Then adam switches his vote to just_me for pretty much no reason that I can tell.

Firesoul and adam look like they're bandwagoning pretty hard right now. Adam hasn't said anything worth noting so far, and combined with a bandwagon lurker vote I'm not really sure I'm comfortable with that. Firesoul hasn't really put out much either, but he did at least get some discussion started and his vote isn't as clearly bandwagon-y.

Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:43 am UTC

No. I did not vote just_me as a lurker vote. I vote just_me because his post was scummy. I'm pretty sure I explained why.

just_me

Postby just_me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am UTC

woah so this escalated quite quickly. Good to see that a waggon is forming.
This will be a chronological post and it will contain some stuff which was already noted (like the pokeflute use):

The flash on myself by conman might be a strategical move to seem balanced. With little to go on at that point I don't think its exceedingly scummy though.

I don't like Madges post after that, she attacks me for "arbitrarily" attacking Conman, although I have a valid point there.
Then right after that she pokeflutes Conman.
Again who benefits from noticing who visits them? Assume someone is visited by mafia. He'll be dead so no info for us. But if a mafia is visited by someone mafia knows that that role is a PR or they know what info (through a Red power) that person gained.
Again Pokeflute is a scummy power.

Xenomortis agrees:
Not sure on use of the Pokeflute to be honest. This seems more useful to scum than town (scum can still kill someone who's awake without fear of repercussions).
FOS Madge and Conman for that then.

but oddly enough FoS Conman along with Madge there.

Kalira is making lots of sense!

I think we actually need to make sure we're on anarchy once we're down to the last few players, because if it were, for example, 4/3 then a well-timed play by scum before deadline could let them pull off a Deposit/Release combo to score them the win.

I am not sure about this. But I think it an important discussion. point being in anarchy such a scum play would be harder because the actions go through randomly and town would get wise. So the risk is higher and you get a confirmed scum to lynch (or maybe even all).
I think in circumstances where we want an extra lynch (or even two) its better to be in democracy.

@mpolo why did you flash me if you think I am scummy?

Adam:
I will also switch my vote off wam and onto just_me, because if he's scum then I can claim to be a genius.

what?

Adam H wrote:Well, "this" makes it seem like the action was partly yours. Maybe you suggested it in scumchat?

I don't get it. seems pretty random.

Adam acts pretty random but I am not sure whether scummy or not. Seems like odd plays to make as scum. but yeah wine.
Actually I have an awkward feeling around madge. She seems a bit overzealous with the flash thing (Its obviously important but it just looks a bit forced somehow).
I don't think we can expect scum to slip up seriously day 1. I think Adam is making a play at something and would prefer to give him credit of doubt. (I am not sure why I have this tendency to protect people on D1 to then get lynched for it later)
Anyhow I think Madge tries to look towny, actually making an effort of it, I think that is scummy. Its not a lot but its something.

I am quite happy with the flash on eculc. We don't want to give it to our towniest player because that makes them a great NK target.
I don't know why but dimochka requested to be pokedexed so I am gonna do that.

pokedex: dimochka
vote: Madge

Also I think we should go for democracy, with these actions not coming through we can't distribute our actions as we like.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:28 am UTC

Sorry about that, had a hell of a day.
I don't need to be pokedexed, I wanted to check how submitting actions worked at anarchy. For all I care I can just claim. If you think there's a better action to do, then stop pokedexing me and pick a different action to get used on me, as long as I'm not going in the PC.

pokeflute wam

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:41 am UTC

dimochka wrote:pokeflute wam

Grabbing the pokeflute, dimochka played some funky tunes which wam showed no hesitation in dancing merrily to.
dimochka used the Pokeflute on wam

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:44 pm UTC

...So there's a pattern to Anarchy, possibly.

Anyway, I re-read most of the thread and I have to agree with most that Adam jumping on dimochka was weird. Maybe he's trying to get people to bandwagon on him? (jester?? maybe??? this is all speculation of a n00b player) Or maybe he's just paranoid? Or maybe he's scum and just made an odd decision? Again, all just speculation.

This is a tentative vote, but

because I won't be here most of the day. Hopefully I'll be able to pop in at lunch, but no guarantees.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 pm UTC

firesoul:
firesoul31 wrote:Kalira:
dimochka wrote:I'm waiting for mod response before i deposit Diemo into the PC (no, I won't release without majority consensus). Carelessly revealing people's roles in a bastardly game without considering the implications of doing so certainly deserves that. And especially if you see the results, which, if alignments are logically derived from rolenames, should place me squarely as town.

My response was to this

In that case, I misread. Your response to this was to "Dimo" -- with both dimochka and Diemo in game, that is perhaps my fault for not having remembered seeing what you were talking about, but... well dammit, dim and Diemo, why you gotta have such close nicks? :P I think, in this case, I'm going to try to write out dimochka's full name in this game so there are no more issues like this.

Just to clarify, ConMan, I understood why mpolo would come forward with his miller claim, I just didn't understand why he would be voted for by wam based on essentially only that at this point.

WillTC, that is a damn scummy thing you just did. Adam had two votes on him already, and you put a third vote on him, which tied him with just_me. You're claiming it is a "tentative" vote, but you don't know if you'll be back before day end (which is in just over four hours [possibly 5, I'm not sure if the forum time is matching up with mine correctly atm] from when you posted, just over three hours from now). Ties in this game = no lynch. I would vote for you right now, but that wouldn't help the possibly NL scenario you just put us in. However, major FoS on you right now. I really want to get information on Will right now, and am tempted to pokedex him in case it will go forward, but I don't want to do so without some measure of approval from town just in case he ends up being an important town role. Anyone?

I'm going to go back and do a read specifically on Adam and j_m in case I need to put down a vote on one of them before day end to ensure we get some information here.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:54 pm UTC

YesterdayDiemo wrote:Ok, first things first, about anarchy to democracy. Democracy means that town control a guaranteed 3 actions. Anarchy means that we might have more actions, but scum can use some of them. So decideing which we should go with depends on whether we think that we will get enough actions that scum using one or two of them would still leave town ahead. Upon thinking about it, not knowing how many actions anarchy gets, we should probably change to democracy, but count the total number of actions taken today (too see if anarchy helps us). I also think that everyone should use an action on every post.

firesoul - I was trying to get a rolecop on dim. The reason for this is that I have a high respect for dim's ability to work out scum/town/game details, so I want to see if he is town early on.

justme voting conman for using actions, I find that pretty scummy. Actions should be used often and repeatedly.

mpolo being a miller, well, no real way to check and if town you do want to say that asap, which is pretty good. neutral

On terms of using Helix on people, if we can get a town and a scum to get Helix then we should be pretty clear on the town members left.

1. What standard roles are in the game? No idea, I would not be surprised if there were not any standard roles in the game. Possibly a doctor/jaoilbreaker, etc.

2. What nonstandard roles are in the game? I would expect most of the roles to be non-standard, with Vytron and Misnomer coming up with them themselves.

3. What do you think the role breakdown is? I think that I have already answered this, but it is like 9/1/1/1/3 or something like that.

4. Any recruiting factions, or rather, what kinds of indies? There could be a cult, I think that that could represent people wanting the game to finish. Then you could have a SK (I would half expect this due to size) and jesters would be a def (representing people trying to get RED killed maybe?)

Oh, WTC says there are 9 town left. Which leaves 5 as indies/scum. Would expect that to be 3/1/1?

So, I got called away before I finished this, but am going to post it anyway. So new info from the new day

Good news, more people seem to be posting, and we got a 24 hour extension (which allows me to get this post in anyway).

Dig seems to be useful if we have scummy people, and anarchy. Because otherwise it seems pretty pointless. That said, if we have scummy people then people giving them stuff would also be scummy, so maybe it should only be used late-game?

Madge wrote:There's some sort of probabilistic way in which the mods are determining the success/failure of actions. So by cycling through the player list we're giving the action as many chances as we can to "stick".

I disagree with this. I think that an action should be used on every post, but they should be different actions. I think that spamming one action makes it unlikely for that action to occur (even something simple, like you have an x% prob of action occuring, unless it is the same as the previous action, in which case it has prob of (x-10%)/0%, you get the idea)

You know, Adam H has a point on the anarchy side. This should be anarchist untopia right here, flavour wise!

Rereading the rules, the public actions give a lot of kills. You have a vig that you can give out, and PC-release that also kills someone. This means that (assuming democracy) we can treat these as extra lynches.

PC-Deposit: mpolo
As a miller mpolo is suspicious. Not hugely suspicious, but a good person to deposit in the PC for now.

I find Y Dyn Eira pretty suspicious as he does not appear to have said anything at all, but as he is a new player I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

just_me - got mad at ConMan for using a power in anarchy, which I find pretty scummy, but can see to be townie. I'm happy enough with his latest post though.

So, scummiest that I have so far is William the Conquerer. Has not really said anything so far, doesn't really justify vote on Adam. Wants to claim - divided on that, could just be newbie, but generally claiming on D1 is a bad idea for town (I think, I don't actually know if that is true).

Vote: William The Conquerer

I probably won't be around for the rest of the day, but tomorrow should be better, application will be done by then
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 pm UTC

Unvote

Bwahahahaha!
-Adam

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

Um...

Adam H wrote:Unvote

Bwahahahaha!

Did Adam just jester out? His unvote puts him in position to be lynched.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:09 pm UTC

EAsy solution is to give strength to someone and get him shot that way, thoughts?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 pm UTC

Lol just kidding.

Because I don't actually want to be lynched:

-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:21 pm UTC

Reading the rules its a NL if its a tie and we have about 1.30 left so I will unovte if things don't change. My read is that Jsut me and adam have 4 votes each.

just_me

Postby just_me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:23 pm UTC

you mean cut.. (the vig kill)
I think its better to put him in the computer and delete.
the vig kill can be redirected and blocked. (and everyone knows who will be executing)
apropos block:
strength: dimochka

wam

Postby wam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:29 pm UTC

Yes i did me cut the vig kill sorry.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

I find it really weird that Just_me didn't vote in that post?

Do you think adam is town?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:39 pm UTC

Hah, no, he knows I'm jester and doesn't want to get jester-bombed. ;)
-Adam

just_me

Postby just_me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm UTC

I was hoping for people to show up to make Will a possible lynch.. I prefer him to adam.
I don't wanna deal with his insanity. I don't really know how to take the jesterbomb statement.
But as deadline is pretty nowish and I prefer an adam lynch over my lynch.

vote: Adam H

Return to “Mafia”