[T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Game Over: It's Quiet Now

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

kalira

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - D1-A: Elite Fourked

Postby kalira » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm UTC

wam wrote:Reading the rules its a NL if its a tie and we have about 1.30 left so I will unovte if things don't change. My read is that Jsut me and adam have 4 votes each.

Yeah, I missed one vote on each of them, but in any case the problem with WillTC's vote stands, especially as we're now at under one hour to day end.

Wam, do you think Adam is town enough to remove your vote on him, or are you willing to do that only to guarantee a lynch of someone? Personally, j_m is pinging me a bit more than Adam is, in spite of his posturing as a jester, though I understand you were worried about the bandwagon forming on j_m. FWIW I don't think Adam actually is a jester. Knowing that this is a turbo and that there would definitely be people on close to deadline given the state of the votes, he left way too much time when he unvoted j_m if he was trying to make that stick as his jester lynch.

Random note of randomness: Y Dyn Eira hasn't posted since their one post where they changed political votes at the very beginning of the day. Was he/she prodded? I didn't see anything regarding modprods (and obv it's too late in the day for one to be of any help, but I figured it was probably something worth mentioning).

Ninja'd: j_m, you didn't unvote before your new vote. I don't really like the Adam lynch, but I will refrain from voting j_m and ending up causing another tie in votals.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

Adam has me thinking he's a jester, which could be a clever way of surviving through to the end.

Pokedex: Adam H

I don't want to produce a tie, so I guess I have to sit where I am as far as voting.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm UTC

Lynch Votals:

Just_me (4): (Madge, firesoul31, Adam H, mpolo)
Adam H (5): (wam, ConMan, eculc, WilliamTheConqueror, just_me)
firesoul31 (1): (kalira)
Diemo (1): (xenomortis)
WilliamTheConqueror (1): (Diemo)
Not voting (3): (Diemo, Y Dyn Eira, dimochka)

8 votes to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 5 (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, wam, Adam H, xenomortis)
Democracy: 9 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, just_me, Y Dyn Eira, ConMan, eculc)

Assuming a successful lynch, 10 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

The PC is currently empty.

Soft deadline is now set for 6pm BST, Wednesday 9th April.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm UTC

Adam H has been lynched, D1 is officially over.

Misnomer

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia N1-A: Guys we need Democrac

Postby Misnomer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 pm UTC

'Red! This isn't the time to use that!'

Adam H sighed. There had been few good days recently, but today had been worse than most.

'Red! This isn't the time to use that!'

Seriously, what was with that boy today? So many of his attempted actions were ending in complete failure. Perhaps the voices in his head had voices in their heads?

'Red! This isn't the time to use tha-GYACK!'

The Pokemon Professor suddenly found his usual warnings cut off by a tightening noose slung round his neck. Pressed for time - and probably a little irritated at Oak's repeated scoldings - the mob had decided to lynch Adam H, which they did swiftly and violently.

Only when the red mist faded and they saw the bloodstained labcoat did they question whether this was a good idea.

Adam H has been lynched and is now dead. He was Professor Oak, Town Roleblocker/Friendly Neighbour

Role PM:
Spoiler:
Misnomer wrote:Professor Oak
’Red! This isn’t the time to use that!’

You were a scientist, once. Your days were filled with new discoveries and exciting theor-‘Red! This isn’t the time to use that!’ – exciting theories. But now, you find yourself spending every waking moment supervising one of the neighbouring children, a rather disturbed friend of your grandso –‘Red! This isn’t the time to use that!’ your grandson called Red. And while you do your best to help the b- ‘Red! This isn’t the time to use that!’ – help the boy, it’s a rather thankless task – especially when he seems to spend every waking moment consulting items that are of no use whatsoev –‘RED! THIS ISN’T THE TIME TO USE THAT!’

You are Professor Oak, Town Roleblocker/Friendly Neighbour.

You have spent so long telling Red when he can’t use items that it’s almost become a compulsive habit of yours. Each night, you may target another player: that player will receive a message from you revealing yourself to be Professor Oak – your target will also be roleblocked that night. Note that some players may have actions which are roleblock-proof.

You are town, and win if at least one town player survives when all opposing factions are eliminated. Good luck!

Nobody wasted any time in mourning Oak however - there was a far more serious debate going on.

'Look', Madge snapped, trying not to lose her temper 'Adam H's death makes it nine vs. four - we're a clear majority, and we demand democracy!'

'Never!' cried WilliamTheConqueror. 'As long as there's breath in our lungs and freedom in our hearts, we shall defend anarchy! Long live the revolution!'

''But guys, we need democracy!' whined a voice.

'Helix demands anarchy!' yelled another.

'Democracy!'

'Anarchy!'

'Democracy!'

'Anarchy!'

The war of words waged long into the night, but there was no hiding the plain facts of the situation. The hour of democracy had not yet come.

Democracy has failed to reach the 75% threshold. The game will remain in anarchy for the next night/day cycle.

Day 1 is over, so Night 1 begins. If your role has night actions, please send them into BOTH MODS as soon as possible - the deadline for this is 7pm BST, Friday 11th April. If you have night chat abilities, remember to CC both of us in as well.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - D2-A: 'Back already?'

Postby Misnomer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm UTC

The night was not a particularly dark night. The moon was out and the sky was cloudless - if anything suspicious was going on, it would without a doubt be seen.

None of this mattered however, because as soon as the sun had set Red charged straight back into the darkness of victory road, with the rest of the party in quick pursuit. As such, nobody had a clue what anyone else was doing.

In all honesty, just_me was starting to find this all too tiring. He was a long way from home, and he still hadn't been paid for all his hard work. Just when was that boy going to pick up his Gastly?

Suddenly, out of the darkness, he saw a familiar figure move swiftly towards him. Putting on his best insincere salesman voice, he broke out the familiar lines:

'Back already? By level, your Pokemon has grow-aaaarggghhhhhh!!!!!'

The old daycare man had robbed his last victim...

just_me was killed in the night. He was the Daycare Man, Vanilla Town.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
What on earth is all this commotion about? Young people with their gods and their badges and their curious eagerness for lynch mobs… don’t they know you have a small business to run? And just when is that boy going to pay you for looking after his Gastly, eh?

You are the Daycare Man, Vanilla Town – you are utterly vanilla, with no abilities whatsoever. Sorry.

You are town, and win if at least one town player survives when all opposing factions are eliminated. Good luck!

The survivors of the night had some difficulty working out what had happened when they awoke the next morning - Red had apparently repeatedly walked over just_me's corpse in the night, so it took them some time to identify it. But still, eventually the sad truth became clear: there had been another death, and they were still no closer to understanding why.

'Courage, my children', intoned Helix, 'for the worst is still to come.'

It is now Day 2. 12 players alive, so 7 to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 4 (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, wam, xenomortis)
Democracy: 8 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, Y Dyn Eira, ConMan, eculc)

Assuming a successful lynch, 9 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

Soft deadline set for 6pm BST, Tuesday 15th April
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 pm UTC

So, first things first, the flash cop. I was told via PM that I would receive a result of "Ally", "enemy" or "other". I chose to cop conman last night, and received a result of "other".

Thoughts, everyone?
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:37 pm UTC

Sounds like one of you is an indy.
Flash: mpolo

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 pm UTC

eculc wrote:So, first things first, the flash cop. I was told via PM that I would receive a result of "Ally", "enemy" or "other". I chose to cop conman last night, and received a result of "other".

Thoughts, everyone?

I have no idea, personally. My role PM definitely states that I'm town, and like I said before my role is about as pro-town as it can get. Assuming that eculc is telling the truth, then I can only assume that something interfered with the ability. That, or there's an issue with sanities.

Mod question - are the Red abilities guaranteed sane?

Or, and this is the third possibility, the categories of town, scum and indie don't perfectly line up with the categories given by Flash of ally, enemy and other. The two deaths so far have been of people, not pokemon, and I am willing to admit that I am a pokemon - and one of Red's loyalest, if it comes to that. I'm willing to be exposed by pokedex if people think it's necessary.

There's also a small chance my power interfered with the cop, but there's nothing in my role PM that suggests it would.

So besides that little piece of info, I guess we need to hear from wam about the results of the pokeflute, and in the meantime I don't see why we can't keep trying to pass Flash and/or other actions around.

Flash: wam
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:33 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:Mod question - are the Red abilities guaranteed sane?

Misnomer wrote:7. No role is guaranteed to be sane, and no mod statement is guaranteed to be true. Any lies told will be the result of game mechanics rather than mod bastardness.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:38 pm UTC

And I'm back. Four days without internet, but on the plus side, I got to see the Titanic museum (The Titanic was big guys!) and we won Best New Society.

Ok, the way that I read it, we have 7 town left. So, we need to hit a non-town today.

One kill, means that there is probably not a SK (or a doctor got lucky, so there is that). I didn't do anything last night, by the way.

So, in terms of the cop, we have ally, enemy, and other. So, there are, as I see it, three possibilities here, in order of decreasing probability
1. Conman is a indy of some kind. If this is the case, then he is not a survivor (as a survivor would claim survivor with a non-town cop result on them) - which goes to anti-town
2. Ally, Enemy and other don't correspond to town - I can see this because, you know, anarchy
3. eculc is non-town, Conman is town. I put this probability as lower than the first two as it seems a bad idea for a scum to do

(Actually, there is a forth probability, that the result is false due to other effects in the game. Which I just realised after I typed the above)

So, I think that the best bet is to try to kill ConMan (using actions) and then to lynch eculc if ConMan is town. The problem with this is that we have no guareentee that our actions will work.

More later
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:29 pm UTC

I think that it is most likely that ConMan is some sort of independent. (Vaguely possible that eculc is the "funny" one, but I doubt he would have exposed himself in that way if he were.)

Otherwise, I have nothing to report from the night.

Flash: Adam H

As eculc didn't get "enemy" as a result, ConMan is suboptimal as a kill target if we can find something better.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm UTC

mpolo, Adam is dead...

If William wasn't lying D1 about the Helix result (and I don't have much reason to doubt him) and the Helix result was accurate, we're at 7 town.

Diemo wrote:Ally, Enemy and other don't correspond to town - I can see this because, you know, anarchy

Conman and eculc are on the same boat regarding Anarchy vs Democracy.

I would honestly be surprised if there was no SK, or similar.
I suspect town have a fair number of powers so it doesn't seem unreasonable that only one kill went through last night (or they all targeted the same person).
And even just_me's role PM suggests a vanilla role is unusual.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:30 pm UTC

I also got a "9 town" result from the helix yesterday so both William and I would have to be lying for there not to be 7 town.

Flash: eculc

Seemed to work OK yesterday.

As far as the eculc/cop result/etc, here's my thoughts:

Scum!eculc would almost certainly report the correct result format (i.e. the ally/enemy/other), because if he didn't, then next time we get a Flashcop we find out eculc lied and lynch him. So the cop results are almost certainly delivered in that format.

I think that it would be really, really dishonest of the mods to deliver "ally/enemy/other" results based on something other than win condition, so I am trusting that the result indicates ConMan is an independent.

Now, ConMan denying the result means that one of them is lying.

We can try to PClynch ConMan today but judging by yesterday's successes we're not going to have much luck, and we might end up with ConMan in the PC at the end of the day. I've got no idea what being in the PC does to someone, but it's probably not desirable?

Does being in the PC roleblock or otherwise affect your abilities?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:05 am UTC

Does being in the PC roleblock or otherwise affect your abilities?

Being in the PC does not directly affect your abilities.

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:43 am UTC

Pokedex:Conman

To be honest, I'm rather suspicious of that death result. It's firstly a vanilla town in a game that seems to be filled with power roles, which seems like it would be the least powerful role to kill, and, besides that, is a kill on the second-most voted person the previous day, who would likely be lynched for lackluster content, etc. on the following day.
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

kalira

Postby kalira » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:24 pm UTC

I have to agree, it does seem odd that j_m would be NK'd by scum when he was under heavy suspicion yesterday. That would imply we have a vig and/or SK -- I could definitely see a theoretical SK targeting j_m so he/she could potentially claim vig if he flipped scum today.

Re: Conman and eculc, I actually trust Conman more than eculc here. eculc had very little in the way of content yesterday -- really only one post with any content to it, and that was less than 12 hours before day end, only after the Flash worked on him. Conman was at least scumhunting throughout the day yesterday.

Pokedex Conman
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:29 pm UTC

Sorry, I just went to the list and blindly took the next name without really thinking about it.

Helix: Diemo

@MODS: Just for the sake of argument, is a Pokedex command on a dead character even theoretically possible? I don't see a rule one way or the other.

I don't know if it's completely unbelievable that Conman was pure Vanilla, but it does strike me as odd, so we might as well try to clear it up. Of course, if anyone has a better target for the Pokedex, feel free to try to get it through.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:04 pm UTC

(Sorry for delay, this action should have happened immediately)

firesoul31 wrote:Pokedex:Conman

ATV, aka All Terrain Venomoth. The Dragonslayer, Signature Team Transport. The Magnificent.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm UTC

O.K. So ConMan had his reveal flavor obscured by some sort of power, and was actually Venomoth. The TVTropes page (I managed to avoid clicking on any links there!) seems to imply that ATV was on Red's Team, so I'm presuming this means he was likely town?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 pm UTC

That is, as opposed to some sort of independent. Since he was apparently the scum night kill, it's a pretty safe bet he's not straight up scum.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:37 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:O.K. So ConMan had his reveal flavor obscured by some sort of power

(No, Pokédex is like this, it's only a plain rolenamecop)

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:57 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:@MODS: Just for the sake of argument, is a Pokedex command on a dead character even theoretically possible? I don't see a rule one way or the other.

Unless otherwise specified, actions can only target the living.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:57 pm UTC

No, I'm just totally confused. I thought that ConMan was the same person as just_me, which is obviously quite silly.

O.K. Then ConMan seems pretty trustworthy at the moment, if I've understood my flavor.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:47 pm UTC

All-Terrain-Venomoth is almost certainly town; he was part of Red's team and was caught under Democracy mode in the Safari zone.
Spoiler:
Not a significant part of Red's team; its major accomplishment was single handedly wiping out Lance's (the penultimate boss) mighty Dragonite (a pretty mighty pokemon) whilst significantly underleveled, after the rest of the team had fallen. The AI in generation I pokemon games is pretty crude, to say the least.
I think he may have had some success in Saffron too.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 pm UTC

Given that ConMan's rolename sounds pretty townie, and that the flash-cop didn't return a straight-up result of "enemy" as I would expect it to do in the case of a serial killer, I'm thinking either (A) a survivor or (B) lyncher for dragonite, based on flavor.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm UTC

Ooh, the magnificent. I like that. And hopefully that's proven my point, at least a little bit, although I do accept that mpolo's miller claim makes it difficult to trust a rolename as the final arbiter of towniness. In any case, I hope that's enough for people to at least feel I'm more likely to be town than scum, and given we're already down two town we need to work post-haste to find the real scum.

Flash: Madge

(I realise Madge was working up the player list, but had to skip herself, so if anyone wants to try another Flash in order the next one would by Y Din Eira.)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:02 am UTC

Player list again because I like it to be on every page so we can scroll through our flashcops:

Flash: Y Dyn Eira

Anarchy voters, what can we do to make democrats out of you? This incessant flashing is really annoying. I'm liking the idea of getting 3 guaranteed actions which we can choose from.

I think in order to resolve eculc's cop result we need to lynch one of eculc or conman. Because as it stands now, we have two people whose impressions of the game disagree with each other on a quite fundamental point. And if conman is denying being "other", then it makes me suspicious of eculc, because scum would have jumped at the chance to claim an indy role.

1. Eculc
2. Madge
3. Adam H lynched d1, town
4. wam
5. mpolo
6. Xenomortis
7. kalira
8. ConMan
9. WilliamTheConqueror
10. Just_me killed n1, town
11. Diemo
12. dimochka
13. firesoul31
14. Y Dyn Eira
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:53 am UTC

Personally I'm leaning towards eculc telling the truth but his result being interfered with somehow, although that presumes that such an ability exists in the game and no-one's come forward to claim it (which would suggest that, if it exists, it's in the hands of scum, which doesn't really surprise me). That said, obviously if there's no such ability then, from my perspective, that paints eculc in a pretty bad light.

While I guess that it then makes sense to do *something* to clear the waters, it's a pretty dangerous spot to be. We know we were at 9/?/? yesterday, meaning it's 7/?/? now, so potentially 7/1/4 or 7/1/1/3. If we PC-lynch and normal lynch, then if we get it wrong we're down to 5/?/?, then a scum kill brings us to 4/?/? - potentially 4/1/4 which means the indie has the balance of power, absolute worst case 4/5 if there aren't actually any indies (which I admit is unlikely), and "best" case 4/1/1/3 where the two indies are still basically in control of how the game goes. I would say that we're probably better off doing one lynch today, then using the results of that to inform what we do on D3. Basically, play it slow to give the various abilities time to play out.

So.

Pokedex: eculc

Vote: eculc

Note that I'm putting this vote down on the assumption that there is *some* value in getting the truth out of this situation, and so if we get no info on eculc's alignment from the Pokedex then I guess we're going to have to do it the old-fashioned way. And clearly I'm highly opposed to lynching me.
pollywog wrote:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 am UTC

Flash: firesoul31

I agree on the numbers looking grim. I really hope we don't have a cult, that could be disastrous for us if we don't lynch them today and/or scum doesn't take them out tonight.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 am UTC

flash: dimochka

With how disastrously Anarchy is working for town at the moment, I am almost inclined to start voting for the Anarchists. However, I don't think that they're a scum block either, but there are likely scum who are happy to see us (1) unlikely to get any powers at all or (2) possibly give a useful town power to scum because it happens to "kick in" right when we cycle through scum.

On eculc-ConMan: I think it is clear that the two are not allied (because then I would see no reason at all for eculc not to say so — unless they're both scum, but point 2 would kind of go against this) and secondly that ConMan is more likely to be town. Unless (see below). All things being equal, I would be willing to vote for eculc.

Weird thought here, and I really don't know enough flavor to figure this out, but the Day 1 flavor was that somebody killed the Elite Four. The question would be, who would have a motivation to do THAT, not so much who would have a motivation to stand in Red's way.

The reasons for this thought are two: (1) I know that my role would be traditionally antagonistic to Red, but I am town and (2) the Pokédex seems to be intended not to be an infallible alignment cop (based on the unrequested mod answer to my confused musings).

I'm going to be offline by sometime tomorrow, and have already requested a replacement. But I think I have to give up my rolename in the hope that it helps us figure this all out: I am Blue.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 am UTC

I wasn't targeted last night.

More when I catch up

But yeah given how badly anarchy is working out

Vote Democracy.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:07 am UTC

been away all weekend, catching up now.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 am UTC

a few quick things:

mod prod or something useful on Y Den Eira?
pokedex eculc

considering my role is also someone from red's team, I would expect ConMan to be town. In which case eculc is looking less townie to me. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if he's (eculc) an indie and therefore would get a result of "other" on pretty much everyone. Just something that hasn't been addressed yet.

Mpolo - how does the flavor explain Blue being town? That doesn't really connect for me...

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:32 am UTC

Y Den Eira has been contacted, but they appear to have not been online since before the start of Day 2. I am currently considering options.

Lynch Votals
eculc: 1 (ConMan)
Not Voting: 11 (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, wam, xenomortis, Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, Y Dyn Eira, eculc)

12 players alive, so 7 to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 3 (WilliamTheConqueror, Diemo, xenomortis)
Democracy: 9 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, Y Dyn Eira, ConMan, eculc, wam)

Assuming a successful lynch, 9 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

Soft deadline set for 6pm BST, Tuesday 15th April

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am UTC

I can say that I'm aligned town. I have a feeling that "other" in this context means that our win condition's are different but not mutually exclusive, as would be the case of town vs. scum vs an SK, for example.

Since we still don't know how anarchy mode is supposed to work,

Flash: Madge

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 pm UTC

i'm wondering if there is a low probability of an action working on anarchy, if it depends on the type of action, or if it depends on the person. or a combination of those.

We know that it's not by default a specific action failing (meaning if flash gets submitted 4 times, doesn't mean all 4 won't work). So let's try this:
mpolo, conman, madge, and I submitted actions after Conman's reveal. Kalira did too but I'm wondering if her action was ignored because mod was late on ConMan's response. So will everyone else submit an action that they believe to be useful? Although let's agree on one:

- Those not mentioned above, please use Flash on someone you believe to be town. We can try the same with pokeflute afterwards and/or pokedex (and whatever else obviously). Kalira, please partake.
- Those mentioned above - feel free to submit actions as normal, as we shouldn't be stopping the game for my theories.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

Gone all weekend - catching up. I'll post in an hour or less.

Not liking how Anarchy works, so

Democracy
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 pm UTC

Flash: dimochka

I'm probably finding Madge to be the towniest at the moment, but she just got flashed by someone else, so dimochka gets it.

Anarchy sadly doesn't a[ppear to be working out for us, as we got a total of three actions yesterday (I think). Note that it is much easier to change to anarchy from democracy than vice versa. I do think that it is in the spirit of the game that we hang with anarchy. But I can be conviced to change if people really think that I should. Ninjad: I think this puts democracy in the lead, so I can stick with my idealogical guns in the happy knowledge that no body will be affected :D

In terms of the cop, it seems to me that maybe other are pokemon? And then you have good people (aka. Adam H) and Bad people (mafia). If we lynch eculc and he is town then we ( assuming one kill) are at 5 town tomorrow - which is 5/1/4, right? LYLO at that stage then. But we would have a good bit more info them, so I am up for lynching eculc unless there is a better target.

Vote: eculc

Xenomortis wrote:
Diemo wrote:Ally, Enemy and other don't correspond to town - I can see this because, you know, anarchy

Conman and eculc are on the same boat regarding Anarchy vs Democracy.

No, what I meant there is that this could be a way tfor the mod to introduce more anarchy into the game.

I don't think that there are too many bad sides to putting someone in the PC (though it is possible that there are powers out there that only work on people in the PC) so I would be up for putting ConMan into the PC.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm UTC

Okay, I just thought of something after reading through the TV Tropes page a bit, and with the speculation I read that there might be a cult. Could one of us be the False Prophet (Flareon)? With the flavour it'd make sense for them to be a cult leader, or at least something similar. I have no idea who it could be or where to begin looking, but just a thought. :?

I'm starting to edge my way towards the eculc bandwagon, to be honest. Not going to vote right now, I think, in case eculc posts defending himself. I'll give it a few hours.

Madge wrote:Re: Conman and eculc, I actually trust Conman more than eculc here. eculc had very little in the way of content yesterday -- really only one post with any content to it, and that was less than 12 hours before day end, only after the Flash worked on him. Conman was at least scumhunting throughout the day yesterday.

Deimo wrote: If we lynch eculc and he is town then we ( assuming one kill) are at 5 town tomorrow - which is 5/1/4, right? LYLO at that stage then. But we would have a good bit more info them, so I am up for lynching eculc unless there is a better target.

^kinda sums up my view of the two of them. I'm not all for voting for Conman because I'm getting kind of a townish/neutral (i mean, he's "other", but still.) feeling compared to eculc's scummy/neutral feeling I'm getting.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Return to “Mafia”