[T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - Game Over: It's Quiet Now

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: [T] Twitch Plays Pokemafia - D2-A: 'Back already?'

Postby wam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 pm UTC

Ok, so having read through so far thoughts.

I agree that Just_Me is a wierd target vig/sk is my bet.

I don;t see the Eculc bandwagon as in that situation lying for scum doesn't help so why not tell the truth??

What I don't like is eculc lack of arguments.

Nothing else to add really will have a think.#
Come join us playing mafia signup here

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm UTC

Okay, well, a bandwagon is starting, and it's not one I'm super comfortable with. I don't really know what to say about defending myself, given that AFAIK I don't even think anyone has even said anything directly attacking me. Would anyone be convinced by a role claim? Because I can do that, if it's going to help anyone not vote for me.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 pm UTC

Let's see what I can tell you without directly quoting my PM: I was in the vicinity of the Elite Four when they were killed (I was briefly celebrating having become Pokemon champion). I fled the scene, because I thought I would be blamed for it by that jerk, Red. As a result, I am working to clear my name.

No time for more right now.
Image <-- Evil experiment

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm UTC

eculc wrote:Would anyone be convinced by a role claim? Because I can do that, if it's going to help anyone not vote for me.

Maybe? Anyone else got any opinions on eculc roleclaiming?
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm UTC

EBWOP: that was directed towards eculc, not mpolo.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 pm UTC

Lynch Votals
eculc: 2 (ConMan, Diemo)
Not Voting: 10 (WilliamTheConqueror, wam, xenomortis, Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, Y Dyn Eira, eculc)

12 players alive, so 7 to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 2 (Diemo, xenomortis)
Democracy: 10 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, Y Dyn Eira, ConMan, eculc, wam, WilliamTheConqueror)

Assuming a successful lynch, 9 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

The PC is currently empty.

Soft deadline extended to 6pm BST, Wednesday 16th April due to activity issues.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 pm UTC

Screw it, I'll claim. At least Will seems interested, and maybe It'll actually convince some of you I'm telling the truth.

Red 3:8:

"And lo, Eculc did say,

'Look upon me and be enlightened, for I am the Messiah! Your savior Bird Jesus is among you, here to lead you to the victory we all seek!'

And the masses bowed, for they had chosen their votes poorly, yet were forgiven."
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:47 pm UTC

I think a roleclaim wouldn't be a bad idea - after all, I did try to Pokedex eculc. I guess that in this game a roleclaim is something we can put a tiny bit of trust into, since unlike most games it's something that can be confirmed as part of normal play, and at this point there's enough scrutiny on the two of us that we should bring a little more into the open.

I am mildly happy with mpolo's claim. It sounds like there's some pretty nasty scum type out there, but I don't think that there's a lot of evidence that Blue would be part of a mafia group. I'm going to try a rolecop to confirm the name, but I'd drop mpolo a bit lower on the suspicion list for now.

Pokedex: mpolo (see ninja)

Other than that, I feel like I skimmed over a mild tell recently, but on a re-read I can't see who it came from, so I'm going to go through the thread again and see if it jumps out at me.

Ninja'd by eculc
OK. That's a pretty bold claim, and one that I would be really worried about mislynching. This really needs confirmation (assuming that we're not running into the "spamming one action" problem), but wow.

Pokedex: eculc
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:08 am UTC

Let's just say, there should be some confirmation coming soon.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 am UTC

Flash: ConMan

I'm wary of taking rolenames at face value, to be honest; to the right mods, I can definitely see Bird Jesus being a cult leader (recruiting his disciples, etc). Not to say that I think eculc's claim means he's dangerous; just that we shouldn't decide which role names are "towny" and which are "scummy" and lynch solely based on that. (If nothing else, if rolenames were 100% tied to alignment, a public rolenamecop would be overpowered)

At the moment I trust ConMan more than I trust eculc. Because this is a turbo and he's only got 2/7 votes needed to hammer:

Vote: eculc
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:24 am UTC

Madge, what part of "The messiah" did you not get? I'm a good guy. If I was a cult leader, I wouldn't be announcing it while I'm the bandwagon vote, would I? You're starting to sound like one of those crazy dome worshipers. Give me some credit.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 am UTC

eculc wrote:I am the Messiah!

All eyes turned to eculc, suddenly silenced by what he had said. Even Red paused for a moment – although whether that was due to reverence or the result of start spamming no-one could be sure. Out of nowhere, a hymn seemed to echo through the sky, as if sung by a chorus of angels. With a kindly smile, eculc unfurled his wings and addressed the assembled congregation.

‘Brothers, sisters, friends one and all… I have walked among you these many days. I know the pains you have felt – for I have felt them too. I know the loss you have suffered – for I have suffered with you. And I know that even now you fear for the future.

‘But I say do not be afraid! Our Lord Helix watches over us, and our Lord Helix does not abandon. He will deliver us from the darkness, and He shall lead us to a new life of peace. I am your messiah, and His servant – and as I carried you through the darkness of Rock Tunnel, so I shall carry you through the trials ahead.’

The congregation broke out into song and celebration, for each of them knew that what they heard was true. Their messiah stood before them, and with him came salvation.

‘Praise the Bird Jesus!’ they cried, ‘Praise the Lord Helix!’

Eculc has chosen to reveal his true identity: he is the Messiah, Bird Jesus

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:04 am UTC

Well, that was dramatic.

Praise be the Helix! Hail, Bird Jesus!

So, uh, does that do anything else or was that all for a big light show?

Meanwhile, if we've got a doctor out there then you'd darn well better be planning to protect eculc. Because I agree, it's hard to think of a townier role than this - it's certainly enough to put my little roleclaim to shame.

Unvote: eculc

And I know, it doesn't clear either of us completely, but it's definitely a pretty decent way of establishing towniness for now.

Pokeflute: eculc
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 am UTC

DAMN. okay, I definitely was not expecting that.

On my mom's tablet right now, I'll post actual content tomorrow morning once I get to school.

actually, while I'm here: eculc accusing Madre of being "one of those crazy dome worshippers" pinged something. Do you know something we don't? /eyebrow raise

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 am UTC

Wow, um... we have two contradicting pieces of evidence here. ATV and BJ seem to both be towney, but probably one of them is independent. I see no reason to doubt any of this, so, um... it would be great if one of you could think of a reason for oddness, but otherwise, today, I think we should lynch elsewhere.
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am UTC

'You know something?' firesoul31 whispered to WilliamTheConqueror, 'that Y Dyn Eira looks a lot like just_me when you think about it.'

'Oh yeah, he does!' replied WilliamTheConqueror with some surprise, 'Let's just call him just_me from now on to make things simpler.'

just_me has replaced Y Dyn Eira, and entirely takes over their role, alignment etc. just_me has not looked at the spoilers, and has no knowledge from his previous role except for that contained in his role PM, which is now public knowledge.

Lynch Votals
eculc: 2 (Diemo, Madge)
Not Voting: 10 (WilliamTheConqueror, wam, xenomortis, Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, just_me, eculc, ConMan)

12 players alive, so 7 to majority lynch.

Political Votals:
Anarchy: 2 (Diemo, xenomortis)
Democracy: 10 (Madge, firesoul31, mpolo, dimochka, kalira, just_me, ConMan, eculc, wam, WilliamTheConqueror)

Assuming a successful lynch, 9 votes will be required to implement democracy at day end.

The PC is currently empty.

Soft deadline is set for 6pm BST, Wednesday 16th April.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 am UTC

Eculc, I think you misinterpreted me; I just meant that we should view all rolenames with suspicion, confirmed or not. I'm quite happy to accept that you are bird jesus - in fact, I feel at this point, if one were not to accept it then THAT would be weird. I just mean the alignment is not assured, even of Bird Jesus himself, since we've got so many ways of finding out someone's rolename.

Anyway, slight FoS for getting very defensive over a statement from me that I thought was very "let's just be a little cautious here", but in light of the reveal:

unvote

However, we have to remember that ConMan and Eculc have different alignments, so if later on in the game one of them flips town, then the other is probably scum and should be voted lest we accidentally harbor a mole.

Flash: just_me

Welcome back!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 am UTC

Eculc is unlikely to have an "innocent townie" mechanism if he is not a townie. ConMan is neither allied nor enemies with Eculc, but is one of Red's Pokemon. I guess that means that if we take out a couple scum, we can trust ConMan to support town, but if the scum get too powerful, we're going to have to PC-kill ConMan (or something) to prevent him from siding with them. Or maybe he's just a lyncher, though the person he would likely need to lynch doesn't sound very townie, so IDK.

I don't know enough flavor to get the "dome worshippers" line, but I just read the TVTropes entry for "Dome" and that was cleared up. Wondering a little about WTCs not going even that far… but not a lot, because it is easy to be lazy for both town and scum.

This is likely my last post until replaced. I'm a little worried that there is nobody around to replace me…

Ninja: @Madge, as mentioned above, they seem to be at non-identical, not-incompatible alignments, not opposite, based on eculc's original reveal. Though this could also be a lie. Because of slight uncomfortableness factor here:

Pokédex: Madge
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 am UTC

Flash: mpolo

Let's hope we manage to get a flash off today.

Got nothing else to say on the eculc/conman thing, but I do agree with you, mpolo. I just wanted to make sure what I said was said by somebody. (if only so that way in four days time when we find out Conman was a lyncher and eculc was a jester I can say "I told you so!" [note: i do not actually think this is likely])

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am UTC

Flash: firesoul

Unvote

Looking at the wiki, Bird Jesus does indeed seem to be towny.

This is actually pretty bad news, as we have not really had much to go on other than that flash result. For now, I am going to

Vote: wam

As he has not really said anything at all. Today at least.

Other than that I am looking at WTC (Again, low on content). I am tempted to lynch just_me again (NO, BAD ZOMBIE!!!!) but as Y Dyn Eire was a lurker it is more likely that he is town. This is going to make my read-throughs a bit confusing!

There has not really been anything that has jumped out at me on the whole scummynessity. Votes on Adam were Conman, eculc, wam and WTC (and just_me). Votes on just_me were most everyone else. Both were town, so not that much info to be gained there.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

just_me

Postby just_me » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am UTC

As my daycare death seems like an unlikely scum pick, I think it might be smart for a RB to come forward if they targeted someone.
they put a target on their head but as we anyway have an extra RB from strength it seems alright to go for the 1 for 1 sacrifice.
(given no redirect or doc-intervention)

I don't really get how the eulc-conman situation is now resolved. Even with both roleclaims in the cop result remains a problem. And if we look another way we need to keep in mind that neither of them, but especially conman is probably not town. I trust the cop result more than the name result.
Especially I disagree with this (mpolo) statement: "Eculc is unlikely to have an "innocent townie" mechanism if he is not a townie."
Could be a Godfather kind of thing, but I think Cult or something crazy sounds more likely from flavour.

I don't like Diemo, I don't like that he didn't vote Democracy (and then asked us whether we really wanted him to vote for it), I don't like that he proposes lynching me again (for no reason), and I don't like that after Conman got the pokedex Diemo changed his vote to eculc although scum!eculc was under no pressure to give a wrong result on Conman, additionally he doesn't find anything scummy right now.
I think there are quite a few things somehow off, maybe not scummynessity but at least stuff to poke at.

flash kalira
vote Diemo

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 am UTC

Flash: Madge

If my count is correct we'll have 10 votes for democracy at the end of the day today, which should help clear up this action-slinging we've got going on.

Since we don't really have a good target on who to lynch, I figured I'd re-read through the thread, see if anything turned up. Mostly, we have a bunch of people that haven't posted much today. Firesoul, Xeno, kalira, and wam stick out to me. I don't think just_me really can be counted as a lurker today. I'd rather not vote for a lurker, but I don't really see any better choices. Just_me seems to be voting for diemo for a variety of reasons, some of which I can agree with (namely the part about voting for me after conman's role reveal), but I don't think he (diemo) is really a good choice for the lynch.

Of the people I named earlier, wam had the least meaningful content D1. With that in mind, I'm going to

Vote: Wam

Keeping in mind that a tie vote results in a NL. I'll reconsider my vote in ~ 4 hours (2 hours before the deadline) when I get out of class, and unvote if it's still a tie.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:04 pm UTC

just_me wrote:I don't like Diemo, I don't like that he didn't vote Democracy (and then asked us whether we really wanted him to vote for it), I don't like that he proposes lynching me again (for no reason), and I don't like that after Conman got the pokedex Diemo changed his vote to eculc although scum!eculc was under no pressure to give a wrong result on Conman, additionally he doesn't find anything scummy right now.

I don't want to vote democracy because game-wise (flavourwise) anarchy seems better. On the other hand, democracy is clearly better from a mechanics point of view, so if there was an overwhelming need to vote democracy then I would.

I proposed lynching you again because it would be funny! No sense of humour, these zombie types. . . (The was not a serious proposal)

The other two, fair enough. How about you suggest something scummy for me to focus on (other than me, of course :) )
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm UTC

Oh, hey, remember how I said I thought I spotted something a bit odd?

Diemo wrote:In terms of the cop, it seems to me that maybe other are pokemon? And then you have good people (aka. Adam H) and Bad people (mafia). If we lynch eculc and he is town then we ( assuming one kill) are at 5 town tomorrow - which is 5/1/4, right? LYLO at that stage then. But we would have a good bit more info them, so I am up for lynching eculc unless there is a better target.

I mean, ok, unless we have a doctor who guessed well, it does indeed appear that we don't have more than one NK role. But does that immediately point to there being only 1 independent? We have no information about the scum/indie split ... unless, of course, you're in a position to actually know this. Normally I hate jumping to conclusions, but this is one heck of a tell.

Vote: Diemo

Flash: just_me
pollywog wrote:

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

Deimo wrote:In terms of the cop, it seems to me that maybe other are pokemon? And then you have good people (aka. Adam H) and Bad people (mafia). If we lynch eculc and he is town then we ( assuming one kill) are at 5 town tomorrow - which is 5/1/4, right? LYLO at that stage then. But we would have a good bit more info them, so I am up for lynching eculc unless there is a better target.

I thought something was off, so I looked at this a bit more, and:

How do you know that there's only one indy and 4 scum? From what I've been able to scrounge up, there's not been enough information for any sort of definite mafia/indie split. I don't really like jumping to conclusions that much, but I'm willing to take that chance at this point.

Vote: Deimo

Ninja'd by ConMan: Basically said what I said, so... Yeah.

Oh yeah, quick dumb question - What do you guys mean by "more content"? Like, I'm not that good at analyzing things, so I just kind of post as much as I can coherently put down?? If there's any way I could possibly up the content or get better at analyzing people's posts, could you all tell me? I want to be the best player I can be :oops:

kalira

Postby kalira » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:28 pm UTC

Both Bird Jesus and ATV seem non-scummy roles to me. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that non-town!eculc had some power to essentially announce himself as a townie-sounding role (especially if the real Bird Jesus isn't in the game), and like I said before, I really don't like that he only had one short post of any real substance yesterday. Seeing how the mods are writing flavor (Red trampling daycare guy, really??), I wouldn't put it past them to have made B.Jesus something crazy or indy (B.Jesus gone off the deep end with power/arrogance or something?). That being said, I'm hesitant to vote for him at this time on the chance he is actually town and potentially has a useful town power other than his own announcement. At the same time, though, I don't see ConMan as scum, either. I'm going to assume we're relatively safe leaving both alive for today.

I was suspicious of firesoul yesterday and he has had very little in the way of posts, let alone content. Just a short post saying j_m's NK was odd (which point I admit I did/do agree with) -- it strikes me as similar to those "Oh hey, we did good last night, town!" type posts, which everyone seems to hook onto as scummy. His only other post today was a few lines after Conman and eculc's roles were revealed, in which he really didn't say anything. He hasn't done much to convince me he's not scum, so I'm voting for him again. I'd suggest some of you voting for lurkers might want to take a look at him.

Vote firesoul

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:
Madge wrote:Re: Conman and eculc, I actually trust Conman more than eculc here. eculc had very little in the way of content yesterday -- really only one post with any content to it, and that was less than 12 hours before day end, only after the Flash worked on him. Conman was at least scumhunting throughout the day yesterday.

Will, it was actually me that said this, not Madge, just for clarity's sake.

eculc, check the deadline again. It has been moved to 6pm BST Wednesday -- we have an extra day.

At the moment, I'm worried that we've got some active lurking going on in posts just because people are throwing out Red actions and trying to see what sticks to the wall. Hopefully we'll have a little better time making things happen if we're in Democracy tomorrow, and it will be easier to spot the active lurkers.

Flash WilliamtheConqueror

(Side note: I know it was meant to be impressive and all, but Bird Jesus's announcement by the mods kind of made me laugh my butt off, if only because of that hymn. I knew TPP people were a little over the top in their religion-creating, but I didn't know there were *hymns*)

Ninja'd - Diemo was a little pingy to me, but that was more a feeling than anything concrete, and I don't know if I like the bandwagon on him. I'll try to reread later when I feel better, though, since we've got the extra day.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:06 pm UTC

based on my previous post, can firesoul, wam, william, and xeno do some kind of action?

I don't think eculc's reveal necessarily absolves him, though I agree it makes him less likely to be antitown. Is it realistic to assume every pokemon is town? Granted I'm still very light on flavor so correct me if I'm wrong.

pokedex wam
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:07 pm UTC

EBWOP: By some kind of action I mean other than voting or picking democracy/anarchy

wam

Postby wam » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:14 pm UTC

As I did mention in gojoe i am currnetly in the process of moving house so am a bit busy.

Hoepfully more content later but breifly.

THat post by diemo massively stands out to me, the classic scum knowing more than town tell

Vote Diemo

As I said previously i dont see what SCUM Eculc has to gain from lying aobut the cop result as its too early to try and force a lynch. Therefore irrespective of eculc alignment i belive the result. BUt I also believe that result could come from mutually beneficial win cons.

Flash dimochka
Come join us playing mafia signup here

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:16 pm UTC

flash dimochka

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:Oh, hey, remember how I said I thought I spotted something a bit odd?

Diemo wrote:In terms of the cop, it seems to me that maybe other are pokemon? And then you have good people (aka. Adam H) and Bad people (mafia). If we lynch eculc and he is town then we ( assuming one kill) are at 5 town tomorrow - which is 5/1/4, right? LYLO at that stage then. But we would have a good bit more info them, so I am up for lynching eculc unless there is a better target.

I mean, ok, unless we have a doctor who guessed well, it does indeed appear that we don't have more than one NK role. But does that immediately point to there being only 1 independent? We have no information about the scum/indie split ... unless, of course, you're in a position to actually know this. Normally I hate jumping to conclusions, but this is one heck of a tell.

Vote: Diemo

Huh. That is just an example. I have said at other points that there are 1/1/3, and whatever. But if there is 4 scum then it is LYLO at that stage (Well, maybe, not if there is a SK. And with 3 scum it is MYLO, so, half of one, 6 of the other, but lets go with worst case etc.).

I guess it must be a tell though, cos two people have talked about it! :O

WTC wrote:Vote: Deimo

:evil:

pokedex: WTC

Ninja: Fair enough, I missed you moving house wam. Seems to be a bandwagon on me :), so I should probably claim. I am Jay Leno.
--Douglas Adams

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:35 pm UTC

If (this is completely) hypothetically eculc is an SK and ConMan is a survivor, I'd still expect a result of "Other" there. So I don't know how much this whole thing tells us...

just_me

Postby just_me » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:41 pm UTC

Is the result of the cop dependent on who is the cop?
That is if a is scum and b is town, a cops b gives enemy as well as b cops a gives enemy.
Or is it absolute? that is a cops b gives friend while vice versa it gives enemy.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:53 pm UTC

vote: firesoul31

i can't remember exactly why but definitely due to low content and something that pinged me. i'll try to post again within the hour.

i think, for at least this point, we should keep pokemon like eculc and diemo alive unless we get a counterclaim (yes, i'm biased as i'm also that kind of pokemon).

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm UTC

So we have what look like town results from both Conman and eculc.
FWIW, I think eculc's role is a stronger "town" result than Conman's.

In particular, I think the Pidgeot (Bird Jesus) claim is more reliable (he appears to essentially be an Innocent Child) than the Pokedex result (doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest a power exists that could toy with pokedex results).

Of course, another explanation for the "Other" result is that the helix power itself is unreliable, or it was redirected.
Since nobody has claimed redirection thus far to explain this apparent discrepancy, anyone that did redirect is probably scum.
So if anyone saw Conman get targeted by someone other than eculc, they should say so.

Regardless, I'm not inclined to suggest killing either of them.
I'm inclined to think eculc is Town and, as a result, Conman as mostly irrelevant indy (i.e. Survivor) at worst.

Diemo wrote:Seems to be a bandwagon on me , so I should probably claim. I am Jay Leno.

Rattata caught early on, a casualty of the Eevee event (inadvertently released when trying to deposit someone to make room for a Surf user).
Not a very significant team member and doesn't have any lore attached.

dimochka wrote:yes, i'm biased as i'm also that kind of pokemon

What do you mean, "that" kind of pokemon?

dimochka wrote:Is it realistic to assume every pokemon is town?

Depends how we want to interpret flavour.
Do we believe that town/scum fall along the lines of the source flavour (Helix vs Dome, Red vs The World, ... ?), or do we assume it's orthogonal for the moment?
We are probably interpreting too much from flavour right now.

I think we really want a scum flip before we assume too much. If we get a scum flip of Flareon or something, or a troublesome obstacle that had to be overcome (e.g. Lance) then we might be able to assume more.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 pm UTC

Forgot:
Flash: dimochka

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:44 pm UTC

Might as well say it, i'm Abby.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm UTC

The other Eevee casualty.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 pm UTC

pokedex madge

Not that I actually expect any of this to work...

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

It's probably realistic to view the pokemon as town, unless we have Flareon (which is likely) or possibly even Zapdos (who was good, but the events of Bloody Sunday and the 11 or so pokemon that were released could possibly have an impact on the character. I have no idea what sort of game role Zapdos would fit into, though.)

Deimo wrote:... I should probably claim. I am Jay Leno.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm not feelin' it. Leno didn't have much of a place in the lore of the game/event/whatever, so you're most likely lying, or maybe there's falseclaims that the mafia are assigned? (i've played a few IRL mafia games where the mafia are given sort of, like, safety nets in case FoS is pointed at them.) Or you're telling the truth, and I'm just paranoid!

Either way, I'm probably going to keep my vote on you unless something bigger pops up.

Is this enough content? I'm trying really hard not to be a dick ;;

Return to “Mafia”