Join The Forum Cult.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

DuplicateFeline

Re: Join The Forum Cult.

Postby DuplicateFeline » Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 am UTC

we could take the posts zabing12 made and compare them to how he talks to the number of people who joined around the same time he did, or right before his rampage.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Fri May 01, 2015 7:19 am UTC

Spoiler:
I think the idea gives zabing way too much credit, and frankly, I have been mostly the person that has been following on with this, after, and thanks, to SPACKlick's insight of you and zabing using this avatar. I really don't think zabing had any way of having foreseen this.

Though, this is probably something that zabing desired, as even with him gone, we keep talking, and talking about him. It's the troll's dream (or, the gadfly's dream, since, some people think the word troll is too strong for something as harmless, and even as fun as this.)

For what is worth, the more this goes on the more I believe DuplicateFeline is not zabing, but if he is then I think he'd have deserved his place here just by the amount of effort put into all this.

I'm still mainly concerned by the way DuplicateFeline randomly leaves some words uncapitalized, though, whether intentional, or accidental, it's such quirks what tends to give away when people use alternate accounts.

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Fri May 01, 2015 7:43 am UTC

Nope, I just suck at typing. :oops:

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri May 01, 2015 8:55 am UTC

DuplicateFeline wrote:talking about the forum too.
Hmm claiming interaction smacks to me of a wine~esque scum tell. Because why would an innocent person increase the tie between them and a known "scum" as t'were.

Spoiler:
Zabing joined 16 March 2015 almost instantly posting a proposed werewolf thread in forum games and being directed to mafia subforum by firesoul.
Then he posted a rather trivial "no-one say cake or use e in this thread" thread. Didn't return.
And then posted a comment in the changing sentence thread not playing the game.
3 posts in the first day, two of them thread starters, very little actual engagement.
Then 5 posts to access the subform two days later As well as pitching a form of werewolf mafia that frankly doesn't look like it would be balanced in a month of flumpdays.
There was a bit of fluff in some more find the banned word games and then the giant list of rubbish mafia roles (with some gems)
Taking us to the 28th of march Zabing posts more game set ups with little thought.
From reading to here I think I have a sense of Zabing's voice.

DF joined April 28th.

First post was game sign ups explicitly saying "First forum game" I suspect that only sounds weird because of confirmation bias but it does.
Second post was in maths starting a thread about monster groups that despite three detailed replies they've never returned to (this looks like aniseed on the trail to me but again beware confirmation bias.
Then signed up for chaos mafia

Post timings.
Zabing posted Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 am UTC
zabing12 wrote:WAT!!! THEY TURNED OFF EDIT FOR USERS!!! NUUUUUUU!!!!

No, just you. Because you started replacing your posts with "Please delete" and have given 0 reasons why they should be deleted. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this. -ST

DF joined Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 am UTC

Twice DF has claimed interaction with zabing but not consistently. below are all mentions
DuplicateFeline Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 am UTC wrote:Hey, can someone run this? I really want to play this but since zabing is going I can't play it. Can someone run it?

DuplicateFeline Fri May 01, 2015 1:44 am UTC wrote:Actually, I knew zabing in Epicmafia. He must have got his forum avatar from my epicmafia account. I even Pmed him about it. I was joking in my post about taking from the list, mainly because I knew this would happen and I love breaking suspicions.

Also, he said he made the account about the same time he made his account, so can't we just look at the people who joined when he joined?

DuplicateFeline Fri May 01, 2015 3:02 am UTC wrote:I think that we should comb for someone that

A ) joined on a near date to zabing
and

B ) Is a regular on this forum

DuplicateFeline Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 am UTC wrote:we could take the posts zabing12 made and compare them to how he talks to the number of people who joined around the same time he did, or right before his rampage.

DuplicateFeline » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 am UTC wrote:Purely hypothetical. I was saying it's a possibility that the thing I was talking about could be true. He did send me a Pm talking about the forum too.

It looks to me like zabing created DF when he decided to burn his bridges and run. DF claims to know zabing12 on EpicMafia, DF has played 11 games, zabing (not zabing12) has played 15. There is no overlap in their games. Zabing has not commented on DF's page and there are no comments on zabing's. DF's profile on Epic mafia reads like zabing wrote it. I am reasonably convinced you are clark kent, i mean bruce wayne, i mean zabing12

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri May 01, 2015 10:08 pm UTC

Nice, again. I agree with the analysis, but am not 100% sure.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 04, 2015 3:41 am UTC

I just want to say I love this thread. It's fascinating. I always thought there was something weird about Zabing from the way he didn't balance the ghost game to the way he addressed me for not posting on the weekend to all this craziness. It's beautiful!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 am UTC

Yes! And this is half the picture, the other half was in another Join The Forum Cult game created at Forum games, where zabing asked people to vote to sacrifice any member of the forum, so faubiguy voted to sacrifice zabing, and that's where I entered this whole business...

The funny thing was that after people voted to sacrifice him he exploded and posted SPAM everywhere, but then "took over" the cult from the DuplicateFeline account, and so, me and faubiguy voted to sacrifice DuplicateFeline even before we knew it was zabing!

And then I created a thread "DuplicateFeline is zabing!", where DuplicateFeline actually convinced me that he wasn't zabing! Or at least, got really close to it, because he claimed having known zabing at EpicMafia, so there were supposed conversations of DuplicateFeline and zabing talking, showing they couldn't be the same person, so I asked him for links, but then he never supplied any...

Unfortunately, the forum moderators decided that those threads should be hidden from view for some reason, so you'll have to take my word for it. I'm actually thankful that they left this thread untouched.

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:30 am UTC

What the hell? I'll join the cult.
Warning: This user is currently questioning its beliefs. This user offers its sincerest apologies if it accidentally offends another user. This user never offends others on purpose and may accidentally offend other users because it lacks knowledge regarding how to be a normal human.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 am UTC

So, what happens when I join this cult?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 pm UTC

Of course he got JDGA and McMenno, why would I expect any different from them

Return to “Mafia”