Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 am UTC

Unvote

Vote: ElectricHaze

The reason we reveal who were our older roles is to gain the information mafia, and other scum groups on the game, might have that we don't, if they shared it on private to piece the game together. More information helps town, and actually, if it weren't for the killers that are looking for roles, a full claim would be in order (to attempt to break the game from the other side.)

The way you want to avoid claiming who you were makes me think that you're now mafia and are unsure if such a claim would hurt your group. It's specially silly that you demand consensus before claiming it, since, that only needs one single person to agree with you for you to keep the information that could be helpful to town, to yourself.

So it looks like you want to keep it secret because you have something to hide.

<Imagine I vote and unvote for emphasis, but it got old 4 pages ago>

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:47 am UTC

Vytron wrote:Unvote

Vote: ElectricHaze

The reason we reveal who were our older roles is to gain the information mafia, and other scum groups on the game, might have that we don't, if they shared it on private to piece the game together. More information helps town, and actually, if it weren't for the killers that are looking for roles, a full claim would be in order (to attempt to break the game from the other side.)

The way you want to avoid claiming who you were makes me think that you're now mafia and are unsure if such a claim would hurt your group. It's specially silly that you demand consensus before claiming it, since, that only needs one single person to agree with you for you to keep the information that could be helpful to town, to yourself.

So it looks like you want to keep it secret because you have something to hide.

<Imagine I vote and unvote for emphasis, but it got old 4 pages ago>

You're style of play is, I'll admit, somewhat baffling to me, Vytron.

If it wasn't for the fact that the timing doesn't work out, I'd suspect weiyaoli's win was based on your D1 role, and you changed to be scum, but according to Van's list, you changed during D1, while W's win was achieved over night.

In this type of game, most, if not all, of us have something to hide: how useful or specific power is to town, and hence, how much scum wants us dead. If you have a very powerful pro-town role, it's in town's interest to not get killed so you can get maximum advantage from it. If scum know someone has a strong role, they'll be going all-out to remove it from the game. That'll likely include Unstoppable NKs, which ate almost inevitable in a game this big, roleblocking, etc. If you don't have a powerful role, it's in town's interest that you keep scum wondering, so they will target you rather than hit a more powerful role. Whether a normal game or not, that's a constant.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:48 am UTC

EBWOP: your, not you're. Damn autocorrect.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 am UTC

Honestly, I think a mass claim now might even help town overall, but the big question mark is the scum powers. Like, let's say that there are, what, 5 people who are targeted by lynchers/murderers/other; firstly, anyone who is killing other people will probably be killing at random more or less to try and hit someone anyway, so we're not getting more town killed on average. The biggest issue is with lynchers, but they can't get a wagon going on someone single-handedly, and if a mass claim happens, it might be in their best interest to claim lyncher anyway and go for their secondary win lest they claim badly and end up with a role that looks suspicious and can possibly be counterclaimed (e.g. claiming "Grace" and doctor; then someone who was actually Grace before goes "I used to be Grace and I was a poisoner!" - fake claims are dangerous).

So I'm not sure if it's the best course of action for us, but I think it can't be dismissed out of hand. We have more information from this setup than most. Plus, as a former scum, I will gladly inform everyone we were given no fake claims (Vytron, Freezeblade, and others can confirm this), so there's little chance of scum having something given to them by the mod that will get them out of this.

Now, I'm not saying we need to do a massclaim and do it now - but I think we shouldn't dismiss it out of hand. I also think that a mass previous role claim is quite important, because it limits scums options in the claiming sphere.

The biggest problem with all this is that the dead tell no tales, and can't tell us what their old roles are, so we're stuck with imperfect information about some roles. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm somewhat assuming that my current role is by no means guaranteed, so hopefully things will shake out a bit better.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd support a lynch on someone who is opposed to a mass previous role claim. Nobody has made a good argument against it. It doesn't give scum knowledge of who to target, unless you think that someone saying "I had $AWESOME_ROLE" means that their current role can't possibly be as awesome, so they can be taken off the NK list?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:14 am UTC

I don't demand a complete
Vytron wrote:The way you want to avoid claiming who you were makes me think that you're now mafia and are unsure if such a claim would hurt your group. It's specially silly that you demand consensus before claiming it, since, that only needs one single person to agree with you for you to keep the information that could be helpful to town, to yourself.

con·sen·sus
kənˈsensəs/Submit
noun
general agreement.

I said I had doubts about a complete claim because scum know what they have to work around after that depending on what town power roles we have. I said if someone can tell me how this helps find scum or what information we get and we generally agree that it is in our best interests then I don't have a problem. I just wanted my doubts known and I wanted someone who supports the claim to explain to me how it helps, because I don't understand it.

I don't see how it is unreasonable to ask for a general agreement on something like a mass claim of any sort, and an explanation on how it helps the group.

Ninja'd: That is the argument I keep seeing, but there is no reason to fake claim a former role as everyone can freely claim their old role. There is no real reason to lie as several former scum have claimed such. All it does is give current scum a list of all the town powers.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 am UTC

Then why don't we have the full list of former scum, at least? We have, what, three people from my mafia group, one person from the other (two counting the dead I suppose), and a SK? I think a lyncher too?

I don't think scum is going to benefit that much from knowing ex-town roles, unless there's something that might be unexpected (I think I mentioned before a listener, but as well if someone has a rare role that's pretty neat, also I think for example if everyone does a full previous claim and we find out we're without a watcher the scum will know they don't need to carefully choose who carries out the kill, so it's one less thing for them to worry about)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Van

Postby Van » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:32 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:All it does is give current scum a list of all the town powers.
We were talking about claiming role names, not powers. Granted, some of those are pesky (like the Officers), but...

Ninja'd by madge: We're still waiting on you guys to out your 4th D1 scum member. I really can't imagine why you have delayed so much on this, considering you are allegedly pro-town now, and your 4th has almost certainly changed roles.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:41 am UTC

Will that help? We already know about the two scum groups, and SK. We would find out exactly who they are, and given that people are saying they've kept former chat groups that makes more possible town players with night chat coordination targets for kills. Clears up information about listeners or watchers so scum know they do/don't have to try and work around them. If there are weird/interesting town roles it outs them to scum. It lets scum know how many doctors there are to work around the possibility of NKs being blocked, etc.

What's the reward beyond what we already know? I can see value in preventing false claims of current roles, but I'm not entirely convinced that outweighs the risk. And we have lurkers, and deaths that will never be able to claim a previous role giving scum room to false claim already, though it is still risky. False-claiming probably carries the biggest risk of any tactic, and more so with just the role-switching mechanic in place.

Ninja'd, ok names is different. I don't have a problem with that at all really. That seems just completely useless.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:43 am UTC

I'd prefer not to out people without their consent, it's bad manners.

Our fourth is one of the people up for a modkill, though. If they get modkilled, I'll out them. If they post, then it's up to them, but in the next night's chat we'll be wanting a good explanation for why they think they should keep it secret.

ninja

There could be THREE scum groups (maybe a cult for all we know!). There could be a jester! We don't know.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:55 am UTC

@RR: That's right. I'm actually trying to be as much as Snark as possible, whatever that means (he's a player with a fun playstyle that baffles people. Though, he's really good at catching scum by his reactions and even make an accurate lynch before dying, unlike me...)

@Madge: Okay, here goes the argument: It may be best to mass claim, even with lynchers and killers around, if we were likely to mislynch town. For what I've seen, you throw a rock, you hit scum. We're very likely to hit scum/independent just by lynching randomly, so an informed decision would do even better. We don't need to massclaim for this. I actually believe most of the players that are getting modkilled will be scum/independent. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't any town player among them!

One step further: Town could be in the minority! That wouldn't be so rare in a game of this kind, the surprise is townsfolk are few and after the masssclaim the rest of scum+independent could just mislynch town each day or something.

@ElectricHaze: What I meant to say is that if someone supported you it might be enough to claim there wasn't general agreement. This is because most people don't care either way. You can always count those as people that didn't want the claiming of old roles to take place.

NINJA'D by Van:

Okay, this is going to hell:

Aardvarki is the fourth member.

And I won't even apologize to him, it's her fault that he hasn't participated and probably is getting modkilled. It would be really hilarious if she gets modkilled and he flips town, I guess that'd be terrible to our side, so outing her is the big mistake I'm making right now. But I'll still claim it's Aardvarki's fault for being absent.*

*I don't assume any gender for Aardvarki, but refuse to use singular they or other gender neutral pronouns, so you get this.

NINJA'd by ElectricHaze: Whaaaat? We would not have any idea of who the scum groups would be after the mass claim. The way it works is scum claims falsely some other role claimed by town, sometimes first. So we actually get groups of two people that counterclaimed and someone is lying. We only have 50% chance of hitting scum by killing from those groups. And we could fail and mislynch every time.

But what balances things against this is that we have no idea of the number of killers in the game. Suppose there are three killers, looking for Alice, Barnacle (I've got tyred of Bob) and Clarisse. Alice, Barnacle and Clarisse massclaim. The killers use their shoots on them. They were town, and we lost 3 town, and it proves this a really bad idea.

Would Dr Ug want everyone to massclaim? Perhaps not, and this is his mechanics to deter it.

NINJA'd by Madge: Whoa guys! The activity is picking up!

Okay, sorry for my bad manners. Van just made me to out it. Assume I already posted this and now I can't go back to editing it. It'd be wrong if I decided to do it, and would have done it, and didn't do it because I was ninja'd.

There could be THREE scum groups (maybe a cult for all we know!). There could be a jester! We don't know.

Exactly. This means we could be better lynching as we are than lynching from a 50% counterclaim group of people where we know one is lying!

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:02 am UTC

Okay, in case I just lost our secondary win condition last post, here's something more direct.

Madge wrote:I'd prefer not to out people without their consent, it's bad manners.

It's bad manners to sign up for a game and then abandon it, which Aardvarki did. If it was someone else that was active I'd have kept quiet. But if Aardvarki was modkilled and flipped town, I think it'd have looked bad to say "oh, yeah, Aardvarki was our fourth member" then, instead of doing it right now, where we only assume they changed roles and are no longer mafia, but don't really know.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:15 am UTC

Vytron wrote:NINJA'd by ElectricHaze: Whaaaat? We would not have any idea of who the scum groups would be after the mass claim. The way it works is scum claims falsely some other role claimed by town, sometimes first. So we actually get groups of two people that counterclaimed and someone is lying. We only have 50% chance of hitting scum by killing from those groups. And we could fail and mislynch every time.

What I was trying to say is we would know the members of the old scum groups. If they also kept their night chat after the role switch as your group has claimed then it makes sense that the new scum groups would target them to break up possible town night chat groups. You and Madge and company have already revealed that, but hey your call to make targets of yourselves like that.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 am UTC

Ah, gotcha. You think scum groups would want to kill first the people that have chatting powers, to minimize opponent's advantage.

Well, I disagree, I actually think scum players want to prioritize killing other scum factions, because if, say, Nebu's only friend left, or two friends left, hold a kill, killing them gets rid of the kill, and that's more important than getting rid of people with chat powers. Of course if I wake up dead then that'd prove me wrong. But that'd mean I'm dead, so who'd care at that point?

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:51 am UTC

I respectfully disagree. Scum killing scum is bad for scum. In your scenario, I would want as many kills pointed at town as possible, especially in a scum group that is smaller. I would want to destroy town as fast as possible so that my small group can exert more influence with votes and discussion, and have another faction alive that town can hunt instead of me (which is true for both all the scum groups). I would prioritize removing concerted blocks of players who have the ability to chat and work together. It makes more sense to remove the other scum group when the total group size is smaller, and it becomes more likely to get hit with a random kill.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:17 am UTC

Yep, it was aardvarki in our group.

On the rest; I don't even know.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 am UTC

Ok, a summary of known and/or claimed roles (using last claimed role where possible). Based on the original positions of Kingsley's scum group and the Mason Cop group (and what I know from my prior role), it looks pretty likely that the "fake" roles were assigned mainly by running down the list as originally given in the opening post (taken from the many discussions about how it reordered). I haven't checked anything against the shuffled lists yet. However, one thing that stands out is that, assuming some vague honesty about original roles, there is no space in there for a significantly-sized Marshall's mafia. So are they a smaller group? Did Nebuduck's role actually never change? If that's the case, then potentially there could be at least one other player whose role didn't change.

That said, we seem to have enough info to confirm that at least some of Kingsley's group *did* genuinely change to a probable non-scum faction. And I know a little more, but I *really* don't want to discuss it until after the issue of lurkers is resolved.

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

NUM   Original Order     Original Role           New Role
1     Azrael001          In SK-ish                       
2     Carlington                                 *Tn Vig
3     Nebuduck           In Bandwagoneer         *MM Godfather
4     cycoden                                   
5     ElectricHaze                               
6     Vytron             KM Godfather            Tn ?
7     Aardvarki          KM                       
8     madge              KM RB                       
9     Freezeblade        KM                       
10    Minestrone         In SK+bonus win                       
11    ThinkSweet                                 
12    VectorZero                                 
13    ConMan              Tn ?                   Tn ?   
14    kalira              Tn ?                   Tn ?   
15    SPACKlick           Tn Mason Cop           Tn Lyncher                   
16    _infina_            Tn Mason Cop           Tn Looking for someone?
17    Frogman             Tn Flavour cop                       
18    quintopia                                  *Tn Lyncher/RB
19    weiyaoli            ?? PA                  ?? Bonus win?
20    Murrin                                     
21    moody7277                                 
22    RoadieRich          Tn Mason-maker         
23    MasterOfAll         Tn Target Carlos/Tyler *MM RB                   
24    Jar'O'Jam                               
25    Van                 Tn Lyncher/RB          Tn Mason-maker
26    SDK                 Tn Commuter            Tn ? with 2ndary     

Quick legend: Tn - town, In - independent, MM - Marshall's Mafia, KM - Kingsley's Mafia
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:34 am UTC

That's if we believe Nebuduck's claim, if however we assume that he was scum to begin with, then it leaves room for a marshalls mafia of 4 (or 5 although i've no idea why Azrael would have lied)

Also, why is everyone just taking weiyaoli's (from memory apologies for mis-spelling) word for it that he and vytron are town? I'm not sure if I missed something but Vytron's play feels really scummy and all I've seen weiyaoli claim is that he won by night targeting vytron, so we don't know if that was an old or new role win. We don't know whether that role is town and we don't know that weiyaoli is telling the truth because a mafia has winey outs if he's not.

All told
Vote Vytron

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:50 pm UTC

You know, guys, I had a really weird dream last night. I though I was a bengal tiger roaming the tropical forest, and by god, was I hungry! There was a village nearby, but I didn't want to eat the common folk.
What I really craved was all those nasty folk who came here to chop down all the trees, if I could eat all of them I'd be really happy!

Too bad that was only a dream. Just like that vision of Halle Berry in a Catwoman suit :/
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:44 pm UTC

Unless Vytron changed roles again overnight, I'm pretty sure he's town. He was the first to claim scum, if memory serves. There was also something about a win condition or something.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

@ElectricHaze: I do not get it, it makes no sense to kill town when you can kill scum. But I think convincing scum players about is is good for town, so I'll keep at it.

Let's see what happens in a simulated game where town sucks, and there's two scum groups that are really good at identifying each other. Then the scum groups have each my strategy (kill other scum groups) and EH's strategy (kill town.)

Let's see what we have:

Vytron's group
Alice
Bernard (I got tired of Barnacle really quickly)
Charles

ElectricHaze's group
Dorian (could be male or female, I guess)
Ernest
Foe

Dumb town
Gloria
Horatio
Iris
Jake
Kelvin
Laura
Mario

Okay, actually, town doesn't really need to suck, or be dumb, in this scenario. The problem is they don't know who is each other, so actually, even though scum has the minority, they can have control of the votes by just voting all of them for someone and convincing a single town to vote with them, which should be easy. That'd cause a draw, but if the other 6 town don't all vote together for some scum, scum now has the majority.

But Vytron's gang will not vote for each other, and ElectricHaze's group will not vote for each other so they mislynch town.

D1
Gloria is myslinched.

Players left:
Alice
Bernard
Charles
Dorian
Ernest
Foe
Horatio
Iris
Jake
Kelvin
Laura
Mario

It is night, so the sum players from my side target ElectricHaze's, and ElectricHaze's target town.

N1
Dorian (killed by Vytron's gang) and Horatio (killed by ElectricHaze's gang) drop dead

Now there's 5 scum players and 5 town players, taking control of the lynch is even easier.

D2
Iris is mislynched.

Same thing on the night.

N2
Ernest (killed by Vytron's gang) and Jake (killed by ElectricHaze's gang) drop dead

Players left:
Alice
Bernard
Charles
Foe
Kelvin
Laura
Mario

Fie is the only member of ElectricHaze's gang. The options for her is to try to vote for Vytron's gang or vote with them, but voting for would do nothing and they would want to get rid of her anyway, so she votes with them to kill Kelvin.

D3
Kelvin is mislynched.

I don't even need to tell you what happens next night...

N3
Foe drops dead (killed by Vytron's gang) and Laura drops dead (killed by Foe).

D4 doesn't even happen, Vytron's gang has the majority and wins!

Note that in this example there was no way for a single member of Vytron's gang to die! If you backtrack and change ElectricHaze's gang strategy for they to do better, they still lose, until you change their strategy to kill people from Vytron's gang every single night, which is the optimal strategy.

And this is irrefutable.

--------

Back to the game, Spack's reasoning for lynching me is sound, though me flipping town doesn't clear weiyaoli because they could know I'm town even if they're scum. I don't mind dying if it clears things up, his way to approach a train on me looks townish unlike RR's way.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:33 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:And this is irrefutable.

That only works if the two scum groups know who each other are, and that town has no power roles, particularly vigilantes, or serial killers. I seem to remember people claiming both. If, for example, there's a cop claim, there's a good chance of the scum getting lynched: the other group wouldn't want to give themselves away by raising to follow it.

I will be mostly away from the Internet for the weekend. I will check in if able, but can't guarantee.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:18 am UTC

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I was the first player to claim ex-scum.

Also, I want to know why Jar O'Jam is insisting on this roleplaying.

Jar'O'Jam wrote:You know, guys, I had a really weird dream last night. I though I was a bengal tiger roaming the tropical forest, and by god, was I hungry! There was a village nearby, but I didn't want to eat the common folk.
What I really craved was all those nasty folk who came here to chop down all the trees, if I could eat all of them I'd be really happy!

Too bad that was only a dream. Just like that vision of Halle Berry in a Catwoman suit :/

I mean it seems pretty clear that he's saying he is/was the tiger character, and had a specific kill target. Someone here said they used to be the tiger didn't they?

Van

Postby Van » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:54 am UTC

Madge wrote:FWIW, I'm pretty sure I was the first player to claim ex-scum.
Vytron claimed scum 2 IRL days before the end of Day 1, you claimed shortly after the start of D2.

As an aside, I'm somewhat inclined to believe that he isn't scum because he was the first to do so. But then, Vytrons gonna Vytron?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:08 am UTC

Ah, I forgot about that! I was thinking of D2

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:30 am UTC

Madge wrote:FWIW, I'm pretty sure I was the first player to claim ex-scum.

Also, I want to know why Jar O'Jam is insisting on this roleplaying.

Jar'O'Jam wrote:You know, guys, I had a really weird dream last night. I though I was a bengal tiger roaming the tropical forest, and by god, was I hungry! There was a village nearby, but I didn't want to eat the common folk.

I mean it seems pretty clear that he's saying he is/was the tiger character, and had a specific kill target. Someone here said they used to be the tiger didn't they?

Carlington was revealed to be the tiger (town vig) on death. So I figure Jar'O'Jam is trying to claim the same thing (trying to not kill villagers, want to kill bad guys).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:21 am UTC

Ahhh, so he's claiming he previously had the tiger role. Makes sense. If anyone wants to counterclaim that, it might be useful.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Aardvarki, Jar'O'Jam, cycoden and Murrin have been modprodded. They have three days to post or will be modkilled (unless some replacements miraculously turn up)
Are we due for a round of killings?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:02 am UTC

I don't really know what I have to add at this point. I'd probably have been burnt out about mafia at this point anyway but the complexity of this game is hurting my motivation even more. I kinda want to lynch someone and get this day over with. I still don't like Van at all but I think there was something about someone vouching for their towniness? SDK is definitely not acting like usual SDK but this is a weird game anyway so it could be that. Still, wouldn't be too against lynching them. Also would be up for a Jar'O'Jam lynch for their posting style, which is clearly not role based at this point.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:55 am UTC

Honestly I don't mind JoJ's posting style so much, it's kind of interesting, but the frequency is really bad. If we were getting a post every RL day or so that would be great, and if JoJ was actually contributing to the discussions in-character.

It kind of makes me want to try to post flavour-heavy in a game I know the flavour for (which this isn't), since it really could be quite fun! If I do it I'll give notice though...

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:27 am UTC

It seems like perhaps some people just couldn't take the strength of those drugs from 2 nights ago. Two more bodies turned up. Strangely it seems like they were actually dead yesterday, but no one noticed until today

cycoden has been modkilled. He was Phil, member of the wolfpack, (mason, town).
Aardvarki has been modkilled. He was the Smoking Monkey, member of Kingsley's gang (mafia, scum).

Votals:

_infina_ - 1 (SDK)
Van - 1 (Minestrone)
madge - 1 (VectorZero)
ElectricHaze - 1 (Vytron)
Vytron - 1 (SPACKlick)

11 to lynch, 6 to lynch at deadline.
Deadline in 7 days.
Where did my old signature go? :(

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:41 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Aardvarki, Jar'O'Jam, cycoden and Murrin have been modprodded. They have three days to post or will be modkilled (unless some replacements miraculously turn up)

Dr Ug wrote:cycoden has been modkilled. He was Phil, member of the wolfpack, (mason, town).
Aardvarki has been modkilled. He was the Smoking Monkey, member of Kingsley's gang (mafia, scum).

What of Murrin, who still hasn't posted?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 pm UTC

So we have two scum flips from people who apparently didn't change alignment with the rest of us. Wondering if maybe this game isn't so stupid after all and only non-mafia are changing on a regular basis. Vytron throws a wrench in that plan though since he was the first to come out and claim that his role had been changed (from scum to town), so I do believe him. Madge, ElectricHaze... who else was former scum? Both of them were kinda bugging me anyway.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm UTC

Ok, we are in a time crunch. We have 5 players with 1 vote each on them, and a minimum of 6 to have a lynch.

The kind of boilerplating I had on my role change PM seemed like a decent lead, but has a chance of being useless based on mod released information about MoA.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:What of Murrin, who still hasn't posted?
Oh... right

Murrin has been modkilled. He was Officer Franklin, mason cop, town.

10 to lynch, 5 to lynch at deadline
Where did my old signature go? :(

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

Wait, lady *points at Marge* didn't you say that the group you were in was framed as criminals on the first day, but then cleared of all the wrongdoing today? How come one of yours shows up dead and still clearly being a mafioso?
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

kalira

Postby kalira » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:Wait, lady *points at Marge* didn't you say that the group you were in was framed as criminals on the first day, but then cleared of all the wrongdoing today? How come one of yours shows up dead and still clearly being a mafioso?

From her first post on D2:
Madge wrote:I used to be mafia, but it looks like all the people in my mafia group have changed to be town now.

That was all Madge said in that vein that I could find, JOJ. It definitely feels like a stretch for town!Madge to seemingly make the claim that all of her former scumbuddies have changed to town. I'm not sure whether or not I can dismiss it as town!Madge jumping to that conclusion about Aardvarki given what Vytron and freezey were telling her about their current roles or not. Unsure when Aardvarki completely dropped off the map from their groupchat.

It seems clear Aardvarki's role changed (given he flipped as what Vytron claimed as his former role), though I suppose it's possible there's some big conspiracy... Vytron (et al?) are still scum and claimed to have changed roles even thought they didn't? Claimed some of their scummates' roles as former roles so that if/when one flips, "ah, see, I told you I used to be that role but clearly I'm not now"? (essentially, possibly using scummates' roles as safe[former]claims).

It bears acknowledging that Aardvarki (Smoking Monkey) is the first of Kingsley's mafia to flip, as well as the first of the "former Kingsley's mafia" group to flip (<-- does that make sense? Not sure how best to explain it in easy simple terms). So the above could be possible (theoretically testable by lynching another member of the "former Kingsley's mafia" group) -- none of them have claimed their new role according to the latest role summary ConMan posted. That could just be a way of protecting themselves as town, but could also just be them trying not to make bad falseclaims that get them called out.

I'm gonna let it be known that my gut says that the theory I posted above is wrong. It would make little sense to me for that whole group to claim each other's roles when they didn't actually change roles (or didn't change outside of Kingsley's mafia) -- once one or two of them flipped, the jig would be up. Still, it is within the realm of possibility, no matter how unlikely. They seem pretty well easy with claiming their former roles, which seems weird if they're all still Kingsley's mafia.

It's absolutely possible some/all of them are scum/indy now -- I thought we established early on D2 that nobody was guaranteed to be above suspicion, regardless of information revealed or D1 reads. I just think the scenario I proposed above is highly unlikely to darn stupid if they are still Kingsley's mafia.

On another note, nobody seems to have commented on what looks like a(nother) message from the PA system, so I will. Feel free to comment if you think I'm wrong, but it seems to be implying quintopia was Doug yesterday (he was the one on the rooftop with a mattress in the first movie) and that at least one other person out there should be able to confirm that role is still in play. Maybe wedding singer's former role knew who Doug was? Of course, Phil flipped as a mason, so I guess it's possible that Doug was part of the "wolfpack" masons (though he's separated from them for almost all of the first movie, so maybe not?)

Side note for former wolfpack masons -- were you masons in the sense of "just a group that can talk to each other through PM," or in the sense of "these people in your group are all confirmed town (and you can talk to them through PM)"?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

kalira

Postby kalira » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 pm UTC

EBWOP

kalira wrote:It seems clear Aardvarki's role changed (given he flipped as what Vytron claimed as his former role), though I suppose it's possible there's some big conspiracy... Vytron (et al?) are still scum and claimed to have changed roles even thought they didn't? Claimed some of their scummates' roles as former roles so that if/when one flips, "ah, see, I told you I used to be that role but clearly I'm not now"? (essentially, possibly using scummates' roles as safe[former]claims).

Replace instances of "Vytron" in the above paragraph with "freezeblade."
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:31 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Dead Players
2 Aardvarki - modkill day 2 for inactivity - Smoking Monkey, Marshall's mob, mafia
[/b]

Dr Ug wrote:Aardvarki has been modkilled. He was the Smoking Monkey, member of Kingsley's gang (mafia, scum).

Which of these is correct?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:36 pm UTC

Not to vote for:
Vytron
Madge
fb
per my previous post, although the point JoJ brings up puts some doubt on that assumption. It would make a hell of a gambit for a scum group to claim to have been de-scummed.

JarOJam- despite the RP posts being slightly annoying, I've come to think he's likely town.
SDK- couple of earlier posts looked peculiar (specificly the request the current owner of his previous role to come forward). Nothing I'd definitely vote on now, but I'm keeping an eye on him.
kalira- mostly a general impression, of which her most recent post is a good example
ConMan- One post more optimistic about our D2 situation re roleswitching than others' I've seen. Generally seems to have considered content.
_infina_- D1 role confirmed by Murrin's death. Otherwise, nothing I'd call noteworthy
RoadieRich-
Vote Cycoden for being a worse lurker than even I am normally

Looks at page and a half D1 posts :? Most recently against Vytron's scum v. scum speculation
Van- addressed my concern over mass claims reasonably well. Has tried keeping track of claims for the rest of us.
VectorZero- voted van on the mass claim issue, then switched to Madge because doubt over their mass alignment switch. Considering Aardvarki's flip, these both now seem like reasonably townie positions

Not sure of:

ThinkSweet- posting a little thin, but nothing I'd say is particularly scummy
Az- confused by early Van wagon, switched early N1. That last EBWOP is a little weird.
ElectricHaze- D2 discussion seems a little meta to me, most recent on scum v. scum tactics.
Fromgan- few D2 posts, most significant action was to vote weiyaoli for a while. was waiting for modkills to post more.
Minestrone- claims ex-SK and ennui for the game. Might have had her in the top list were it not for Aardvarki's flip.
SPACKlick- interested in secondary conditions. If I recall correctly, a couple of people voted him right away for something. I don't really see what prompted that.
weiyaoli- has claimed PA user D1, to have won already, and to have switched start N1. Rest of their posts today relatively unibformative.

If pressed, I'd vote ThinkSweet or ElectricHaze, with Az coming up third.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 pm UTC

Former mason cops (can't remember who you were), how did the deputy work? Do they still have a cop action as long as one of them is alive? Would be nice to not have lost our cop to a modkill...

Time to re-read D2 and re-evaluate.
And you thought I was crazy...

Return to “Mafia”