Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Dr Ug

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:43 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Dead Players
2 Aardvarki - modkill day 2 for inactivity - Smoking Monkey, Marshall's mob, mafia
[/b]

Dr Ug wrote:Aardvarki has been modkilled. He was the Smoking Monkey, member of Kingsley's gang (mafia, scum).

Which of these is correct?

Fixed. In thread was correct, Kingsley's Gang
Where did my old signature go? :(

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:03 pm UTC

OK, looking back over the scum PMs, Aardvarki claimed last night to have been switched to town and lost their "cool inventor power". So whoever inherited Aarvarki's role may have had that power, or may not have - aardvarki was clearly responding to the rest of us claiming to have been turned town, so could have been lying about that ability.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:10 am UTC

how many to lynch given mod kills?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:56 am UTC

VectorZero wrote:how many to lynch given mod kills?

Dr Ug wrote:
RoadieRich wrote:What of Murrin, who still hasn't posted?
Oh... right

Murrin has been modkilled. He was Officer Franklin, mason cop, town.

10 to lynch, 5 to lynch at deadline
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:27 am UTC

I would say that it is *extremely* likely that scum has been broken up, and we should not suspect that their group hasn't been shifted. At the very least, if Kingsley's mafia was still the same people, then:

1. They sure as hell wouldn't claim it; and
2. weiyaoli would have pretty much nothing to gain from saying he trusts Vytron unless he's a jester.

My suspicion is that Aardvarki just got a funky roll and wound up back in the same scum group, albeit with a different role. I suspect something similar may have happened with Marshall's group - it looks pretty likely that the original MM was something like Carlington, Nebu, cycoden, ElectricHaze (i.e. pretty much what Nebu claimed was his "old" mafia group), and Nebu just landed back in it through sheer luck of the draw. (EH, care to confirm or deny?)

And since I've already claimed to have been Phil, I guess I can say a few things about the workings of the Wolf Pack. First, it's me, Alan and Stuart. Doug is apparently missing (and my suspicion was that he has some kind of targeting ability to try to join the mason group). While no-one was confirmed town, going by role name I would be surprised if either of them were scum of any kind. It looks like the existence of lyncher roles was the balancing factor to make it harder to do something like name-claim to help Doug find us (I thought perhaps Black Doug might be a "fake" Doug who could infiltrate the group, but that doesn't seem to be the case).

I won't directly out the other two, but I think at least one can be worked out in the thread and you can take a decent shot at guessing the third.

And I, too, believe that quintopia was originally Doug - I'm pretty sure he breadcrumbed it in an early post (by asking something like "Do Ug's games usually ...?"). I also breadcrumbed my role - the first letter of each sentence in my first proper post spells out "MASON".

Moving on to newer and more exciting things, if there were indeed 2 scum teams of 4 plus up to 2 SK roles, then we've got ourselves 8 more scum to kill. With multiple scum teams, then just by identifying some extremely-likely town and some reasonably-likely scum I think we've got a pretty good chance of hitting some bad guys with our lynches. Even better, we have a bunch of daychat groups, several of them linked, although we now know that at least some of them are composed of mixed alignments. Still, hopefully we can secure at least some of the lines, and if we're super-duper lucky we can get some of the more useful roles in on those chats (especially the remaining Mason Cop and the Flavour Cop).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 am UTC

I will confirm that now: Nebuduck was in Marshall's Mob, along with Calington, cycoden and I. I denied it earlier on the grounds that I thought Nebuduck outing all of us to try and save himself after the role switching was a scummy move, and since the lynch was already mostly there I thought that seeing what Nebu flipped as would get us the most information. His claim also put huge targets on us for NKs the first night, and Carlington did in fact get killed, and my best guess on that would be a vig going off the Nebu-Carlington connection info + him being outed as part of the group. I fully expect to be up for NK tonight as the last member of that group, so it is important to get that out there now anyway. I was holding off on revealing this because cycoden was still alive, and I didn't want him to also be a target by immediately revealing this all at the start of the day, but since he got modkilled there is no reason to keep it secret anymore. We were planning on claiming that at some point during this day anyway, but he stopped being active so I was holding off to see what happened. It's a shame he ended up drifting off into inactivity, but there wasn't really anything I could do about that.

I was Marshall's dog vanilla scum. I think Az had some sort of Independent role, and mafia straight down from there...
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:33 am UTC

Yep. From what I can see, going down the initial player order list we had Azrael (1) claiming some kind of SK variant, Carlington-ElectricHaze (2-5) as Marshall's mob, Vytron-Freezeblade (3-6) as Kingsley's gang, Minestrone (7) claiming another SK, then I believe we were running town from ThinkSweet onwards (8-23). Incidentally, I don't think we have any updates on the player order today, although it looks like they might have changed since.

In any case, at this stage we have 3 scum (don't know why I forgot to count MoA before) and 4 town among the dead, leaving us (assuming we now have decent information on the setup based on original roles) with 2 SK types, 2 members of Marshall's mob and 3 of Kingsley's gang, and 12 town amongst the living.

At this stage, I think one consideration is whether anyone has *not* switched roles - especially if they've tried to suggest they have without claiming particularly hard. I am looking, especially, at Azrael and Minestrone since they started as apparently our only independent roles, and both have claimed to have been some kind of SK.

Vote Azrael001

by sheer virtue of being higher on the list.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Van

Postby Van » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:20 pm UTC

Sorry for my inactivity - I'm finally moved in and got my internet hooked up. Haven't caught up yet, will probably read and post this evening.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:02 pm UTC

We need a wagon. I also still want to lynch a former mafia member. Oh, wait. No, maybe not. MasterOfAll turned town to mafia, so scratch that plan. Alignments are definitely changing.

I'm just going to keep moving my vote around until something sticks. ElectricHaze's story lying about Nebuduck's claim stinks.

Unvote, Vote ElectricHaze.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

Really? It doesn't seem that unreasonable.

EH strikes me as lyncher gotta lynch. Not sure if scummy but not acting townie. FoS.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

EBWOP: blerg. SDK, not EH.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:50 pm UTC

EBWOP: blerg. SDK, not EH.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

I'm just trying to get something moving. Even if we don't lynch the person we run up, running them up gives us some usful information. All this speculation about the game is helpful, but doesn't help us determine alignments, especially since this is Day 1 (2.0).

There's also the fact that I don't want to still be playing this game come Christmas...

I'm happy to vote for basically anyone at this point though. Who do you think I should vote for? Madge, I guess?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:07 pm UTC

I don't really have much motivation right now for the game, so I've been kinda quiet.

Let's try to get the day moving I guess:

frogman wrote:I say we wait for modprod kills to come out on the players mentioned - that might give us something more to go off of.

Also, you've all convinced me that my vote was ill-thought-out.

Unvote

Why unvote a whole day after RR posts this?:

RoadieRich wrote:So what you're saying is "Dr Ug didn't think of this thing that would break the game if it got out"?

Why did you vote for me for example and ignore RR?
And you thought I was crazy...

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:46 pm UTC

Okay, I'm back.

Aad flipping mafia was not surprising given I predicted that possibility was the reason for keeping the identity of our fourth member secret. Apparently that doesn't matter since people trust wei that I'm town, so I can basically keep playing without much worries.

I still claim that the game is bastard, given that, not only did our win conditions change. They became conflicting and we had no idea about it. Our secondary win condition activated if one of us was still alive at the end, so we were discouraged to lynch each other. This included Aad. But following with this we were hurting our primary wincon.

Unvote
Vote: SPACKlick

He voted me without an exclamation other than "my play feeling really scummy." I don't really get why did I say that his reasoning was sound :shock:

Looking back I think it's our current best shoot.

Van

Postby Van » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:55 pm UTC

Updated table:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Initial Role                            after swap 1               after swap 2/N1
Nebuduck                                      Black Doug/MM   Lyncher, same power,Died:Marshall/Godf                             
Aardvarki                                                                                                 Died: Smoking Monkey/KG
Thinksweet                                                                                                           Role changed
Frogman                                    Kimmy/Flavor cop                                                          Role changed
_infina_                                            Officer                                                          Role changed
Jar'O'Jam                                             Tiger                                                          Role change?
weiyaoli                                     Wedding Singer                                                          Role changed
cycoden                                                  MM                                                            Died: Phil
Minestrone                                     Melissa (SK)                                                          Role changed
Carlington                                               MM       Died: Mike Tyson's tiger/town vig                             
Van                                           Fat Tazer Kid                                                                Carlos
quintopia                                                      Died: Fat Tazer Kid, town rb/lyncher                             
madge                                        KG/Silent Monk                                                          Role changed
maj/SDK                                                 Sid                                                          Role changed
Freezeblade                               KG/Smoking Monkey                                            Role changed at some point
Azrael001                              Chow, "not quite SK"                            Role changed                             
moody7277                                                                                                            Role changed
sungura/Murrin                                                                         Role changed        Died: Officer Franklin
kalira                                                                                                               Role changed
ElectricHaze                              MM/Marshall's dog                            Role changed                             
RoadieRich                                           Carlos                                                          Role changed
ConMan                                                 Phil                                                                     
VectorZero                                                                                             Role changed at some point
MasterOfAll                                            Jade                              Changed N1        Died:Black Doug, rb/MM
SPACKlick                     Officer, lynch-related wincon      given rolenames, power, still mason                             
mega/Vytron                                     MM/Kingsley                            Chat with VZ              Gained nightchat
RoadieRich wrote:So what you're saying is "Dr Ug didn't think of this thing that would break the game if it got out"?
Kinda sorta? Honestly, I feel like I have something here, but I'd need hindsight to fully pick it apart - I can't trust all the times are accurately reported.
Vytron wrote:He voted me without an exclamation other than "my play feeling really scummy."
I agree with him, your playstyle looks obnoxiously scummy. Lying, layers on layers, etc. But, I looked at some previous games and this seems about the normal for you. Maybe scaled up a bit this game because there are so many different things going on: multiple wincons, lynchers, faction swaps, etc.

100% honesty: I am out of motivation and ideas. School starts on Monday, and I'm planning on being crazy busy this semester. I was definitely expecting to be further along in this game (like, D3 or so), and was also expecting to have been killed by now. Best laid plans and all that.
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 am UTC

*shrug* spacklick seemed town d1 but his attack on vytron seemed ludicrous, especially in the context of being vouched for town. I don't agree with vytrons methods but he's consistent.

unvote
vote: spacklick

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 am UTC

Vytron wrote:He voted me without an exclamation other than "my play feeling really scummy." I don't really get why did I say that his reasoning was sound :shock:

I voted you for two reasons 1) your play feels scummy, admittedly it's hard to tell with your chaotic play in a chaotic game but also 2) You seem to have been given a lot of trust for a very limited reason unless I'm missing something. Neither you nor wei has really justified trusting your position as town. I'd like to hear more on that. Was a vote an excessive way to do it? I don't think so and it also hasn't worked. So please, tell us why we should trust wei's claim.

Van wrote:I was definitely expecting to be further along in this game (like, D3 or so), and was also expecting to have been killed by now. Best laid plans and all that.

I'd happily vote for you van to make your life easier but I'm pretty confident you're town and in this confusing game, let's not lose people we can trust. eh?

weiyaoli wrote:Former mason cops (can't remember who you were), how did the deputy work? Do they still have a cop action as long as one of them is alive? Would be nice to not have lost our cop to a modkill....

Yes, I had this confirmed.

I'm still really wanting to hear from Azrael. I don't have a strong sense on anyone at the moment.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 pm UTC

Huh? We shouldn't trust wei or their claim. They could know I'm town for any other reason, because, with a setup like this with multiple scum groups, it wouldn't be too crazy for him to be a scum cop that copped me, or something.

Or they could be lying.

In any case, if you don't trust wei, you should be voting them and not me, because even if wei pulled that claim out of their ass it doesn't mean I'm not town.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:00 am UTC

Vote: Spacklick

because they have two votes on them already, and also because their reason for voting Vytron was pretty iffy.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm UTC

Okay, I'm still not convinced about the SPACKlick wagon. To me, he looks like he's being appropriately skeptical about the mass scum defection claim, especially given Aardvarki's flip. I'm not willing to vote him even with the three votes already on him. Per my previous post, I will put a vote on the person I included in my most voteworthy list that already has a vote.

Vote: ElectricHaze
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:48 pm UTC

So Conman is voting for me with the reasoning that I am one of two people claiming to have once had an independent role. He then goes on to suggest that it's because he thinks there might be people who haven't switched roles. Even if there were evidence that anyone had not switched roles, serial killers are only slightly less pro town than Vigilantes in the early game, since their optimal strategy is generally to try and find scum anyways.

Moody has posted that I switched roles early night one, which is false:

Azrael001 wrote:My role had already changed before night fell. I did not submit a kill.

I've been pretty zonked all week, I've been 'reading' the thread, but my retention is abysmal. Going over it again, Vytron was pinging me early in day two, and then Minestrone and VZ were misconstruing Van's posts, leading to them voting for her next. I would be voting Vytron if not for their being vouched for as town, given their erratic behavior, which makes me less inclined to vote for Spacklick than I otherwise would be.

Interestingly Minestrone is jumping onto another bandwagon. And having pinged me already earlier, I think I'm going to

Vote: Minestrone

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Interestingly Minestrone is jumping onto another bandwagon.

That's exactly what I'm doing. At this point I'm going to vote the person most likely to be lynched who isn't obviously town because D2 has gone on way too long.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:26 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Moody has posted that I switched roles early night one, which is false:

Did a quick review, and I stand corrected. You're still a shady character. :P

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

Hey, let's try this:

Vote: Set a deadline

My problem with this game is Days lasts forever, Nights last forever, I don't have the will to go back and reread, and my memories of the game start to fade...

If Dr Ug does set a deadline after people vote for it we might want to vote setting Day deadlines to 5 days or something, so the game doesn't go on till December.

I do think shorter deadlines would benefit the game.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Hey, let's try this:

Vote: Set a deadline

My problem with this game is Days lasts forever, Nights last forever, I don't have the will to go back and reread, and my memories of the game start to fade...

If Dr Ug does set a deadline after people vote for it we might want to vote setting Day deadlines to 5 days or something, so the game doesn't go on till December.

I do think shorter deadlines would benefit the game.

Deadline is already in 2 days.

Minestrone wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:Interestingly Minestrone is jumping onto another bandwagon.

That's exactly what I'm doing. At this point I'm going to vote the person most likely to be lynched who isn't obviously town because D2 has gone on way too long.

This is sorta playing against the role of a town player. The goal is to vote for the person you find the most scummy. Bandwagonning is generally a scummy tactic. This makes you one of the scummiest players currently, and gets to be more detrimental to town as the game goes on.

Vote Minestrone

Unoffical Votals wrote:10 to lynch, 5 to lynch at deadline
Van - 1 (Minestrone*)
ElectricHaze - 2 (SDK, moody7277)
Vytron - 1 (SPACKlick)
Azrael001 - 1 (ConMan)
SPACKlick - 2 (Vytron, VectorZero)
Minestrone - 2 (Azrael001, infina)
*note: Minestrone did not unvote. I am unsure how Dr. Ug will handle this.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Vote: Set a deadline

As of Mon 17 Aug, 6:30am CDT
Dr Ug wrote:10 to lynch, 5 to lynch at deadline.
Deadline in 7 days.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm UTC

Oh, okay, I missed the deadline.

A 7 day deadline sounds reasonable, so wanting to end the Day 2 days early by bandwagonning people makes no sense. I don't oppose a Minestrone lynch, but I think people might be trying desperately to save Spack, so IGMEOT.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:29 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:This is sorta playing against the role of a town player. The goal is to vote for the person you find the most scummy. Bandwagonning is generally a scummy tactic. This makes you one of the scummiest players currently, and gets to be more detrimental to town as the game goes on.

That would be true if we were actually getting anywhere but we've been stuck on D2 for ages and even with the deadline the votes are spread really thin. I think stagnating is bad for town so I want to do something that leads to a lynch with at least a reasonable plurality. I don't plan to play like this as the game goes on unless we keep having super long days as the game goes on.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 am UTC

Vote: frogman

I feel his vote based on Van's reasoning was a bit bandwagony (though he in actual fact started my wagon), but his vote on me instead of RR was confusing. Not because I was the towniest town to ever town or anything like that, but more that he seemed to ignore RR (apart from a general suspicion thing) and then backed off so easily once RR and other people chimed in.

Also, it would be great to see a post from him.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:34 pm UTC

We are REALLY close to deadline. Do not let your vote go to waste, people.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:02 pm UTC

We need 5 to lynch at deadline, so I'll move my vote over to someone who has 2/3 votes in a couple of hours to avoid a NL.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm UTC

The people in that category are ElectricHaze and SPACKlick. I'd like to see the case drawn up against the latter before I'd consider switching as I am unconvinced of SPACKlick's scumminess.

Van

Postby Van » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:39 pm UTC

Hm. I just noticed my vote for Minestrone was never counted. So, technically, Minestrone has 3 votes. I remain in favor of a Minestrone lynch (especially considering he OMGUSed and then ignored my reply post), but I'll switch if no lynch is about to happen.

In a complete vacuum, I think I'd favor a SPACKlick lynch. Why? SPACKlick changed roles on D1.
SPACKlick wrote:The PM also contained the flavour names of a couple of other roles but not who plays them.

and then
Azrael001 wrote:Specifically, Chow wants Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug dead, and is willing to kill people to make that happen.
(...and, in another post ...)
My role had already changed before night fell. I did not submit a kill.

It's flimsy, ... I dunno. Thoughts?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 am UTC

I think Minestrone is town and people voting for them are trying to save scum.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 am UTC

Dunno, if it's not for RR corroborating Van, I'd want to lynch them so hard.

But, since I'm off to bed:

Unvote

Vote: ElectricHaze

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 am UTC

I favour lynching minestrone over electrichaze, though id prefer spaclick.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 am UTC

Had to work over the weekend. I don't have good reads, so I'll go with my flimsy one.

Vote: Minestrone

Really just seems to be jumping on any bandwagon at this point, and by their own admission is burnt out on the game. Otherwise I'd vote Vytron because his play style is really confusing to me, but apparently from what I've read this is par for the course with them.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:42 am UTC

I'd also support a minestrone vote for bandwagonning except I think we're pretty close to lynch and I don't want to drop the hammer unless other people are also ready to.
I'm not opposed to EHaze but in this messed up game I consider the sort of bad lying he did around Nebuduck probably null tell.

As for the wagon on me. I'm not sure I follow where I've pinged people. I'm struggling to follow this game, there's a player I'm fair suspicious of (Vytron) for bad logic on scum play and devoting long posts to scum play who even said " Spack's reasoning for lynching me is sound," and then pointed at me for some reason.

We have lots of very quiet players as well. I really hope something makes this game fun before the end of it/before I'm nk'd or mislynched to draw everybody in to a detailed and interesting scumhunty game.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 am UTC

We are sooooo far off hammer it's not funny. The dead at deadline votal is half the hammer vote (10.)

*sigh*

unvote
vote: minestrone

3rd on a bandwagon without any reason other than bandwagon is pretty awful. In a normal game, anyway.

I dunno. How do you even assess any of this?

Return to “Mafia”