Trial of the Pariahs - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 6

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:23 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:...plus I've been a little jumpy about jimbob all today.
Any particular reason?

As I noted yesterday (or Saturday, I forget which), I'm beginning to feel uncomfortable about moody. The fact that he waited to explain his vote until he was prodded isn't great, but then the fact that half of it is feeling without anything to back up why he feels that way makes me feel worse.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:34 pm UTC

Sorry for not being around today. Was expecting to have a little slack time, but that didn't happen and then ended up effectively on call 'til 23:00.

So Jack votes for jimbob.
jimbob votes Jack back.
And moody adds a vote for jimbob with little explanation. (Ninja: based on kill projections).

jimbob 2 (Jack, moody)
Jack 1 (jimbob)

With Madge and me not voting.

FMPOV:
I'm town. Madge cannot be scum unless stuff very unlikely to be true is true.
I think moody is not likely to be scum by role (Vengeful Sibling shouldn't join the team who killed his sibling, unless explicitly recruited by adnap, which is ruled out by modvoice response). Also I'm not convinced that he's off meta in a significant way. He does always come over a little scummy (I'm sure I've mislynched him before), and this is similar. Maybe a little less contribution than I may have expected, but not egregiously so.
Ninja input included: Less sure about his vote for jimbob. I can see the jimbob-as-likely-target argument, but I don't think his posting bears this out.

So my options for scum are Jack or jimbob. I have no solid data to choose between the two.
That being said, I've been feeling jumpy about Jack all day. From a role POV, I'm not sure that two one-shot powers (even quite good ones) is likely given what else is around. So it's not impossible that something's being concealed, possibly Silversmith or equivalent. And he does seem to be focusing hard on jimbob today, with not much consideration for other players.

I would like to vote for Jack right now, which would have the effect of tying the votals. Also jimbob should unvote so he can use his power.

@moody - What would you need to see to switch from jimbob to Jack?

@Madge - Your thoughts right now?
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:36 pm UTC

EBWOP: Will be around for maybe another half hour to an hour, at which point I'll vote. If this ties things up that will leave it to Madge, who I at least trust to be not scum and therefore honest in her views and vote.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:42 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:That being said, I've been feeling jumpy about Jack all day. From a role POV, I'm not sure that two one-shot powers (even quite good ones) is likely given what else is around. So it's not impossible that something's being concealed, possibly Silversmith or equivalent. And he does seem to be focusing hard on jimbob today, with not much consideration for other players.

For your first point, there's not much I can say, other than that yes, I just had two one-shot powers. I might have used them up too quickly, but I was afraid I would lose the opportunity by being somehow killed.

As to me focusing to hard on jimbob, now that both you and jimbob have brought that up, I have gone back and reread my posts. And reading them, it could seem I focus too hard on jimbob. But from my perspective, once I had established that there had been a recruit or other form of roleswitch, my gut and my mind went straight to jimbob, just because, as I have said, I think he is the obvious target for either a recruit or the mafia kill.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:47 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:...unless explicitly recruited by adnap, which is ruled out by modvoice response
Actually, it's only been ruled out for adnapemit using her individual ability. Could have been a limited-use factional ability that is no longer available.
Suzaku wrote:Also jimbob should unvote so he can use his power.

Unvote
I may reinstate this vote if moody is unwilling to switch, and/or Madge votes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Suzaku wrote:...unless explicitly recruited by adnap, which is ruled out by modvoice response
Actually, it's only been ruled out for adnapemit using her individual ability. Could have been a limited-use factional ability that is no longer available.
True, and good point. But it would still have to have breached your roleblock and be specifically targeted on moody, which I think is not super likely.

Explanation: As has been commented on, moody's meta is on the comes-over-scummy-even-when-town side. AFAIR adnap has played with moody a few times previously, and I can certainly see her passing over moody as a recruit target for that reason. Of course, WIFOMWIFOY.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:55 pm UTC

Everything that people have had to say has made me question how sure I am about my vote. I think in the current position I will
Unvote
just in case.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure I know who I should suspect over jimbob. Moody I think is unlikely, just because he would have to have three aspects to his role. Suzaku... unfortunately my entire trust of them is due to gut instinct, which I can't trust very much.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 pm UTC

EBWOP: jimbob's and Suzaku's arguments regarding moody are interesting, but I'm not sure which way they push my opinion of him. I must think quickly...

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 pm UTC

EBWOP: To clarify - I think a 'make-the-kill-unblockable' ability more likely than a 'one-time-unblockable-recruit-but-you-die' ability if factional.

Ninja: Didn't expect that.

MADGE, WHERE ARE YOU??? :)

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:58 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (moody7727)

Not voting: Suzaku, Madge, JackHK, jimbobmacdoodle

5 alive, 3 to hammer.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:59 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:MADGE, WHERE ARE YOU??? :)
In bed?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:00 pm UTC

It's 'only' 23:00 where she is, but possible, I guess :P

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:01 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Unofficial Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (moody7727)

Not voting: Suzaku, Madge, JackHK, jimbobmacdoodle

5 alive, 3 to hammer.

Didn't jimbob Unvote?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:EBWOP: To clarify - I think a 'make-the-kill-unblockable' ability more likely than a 'one-time-unblockable-recruit-but-you-die' ability if factional.
Also, since when was something more likely to happen in this game actually ever the case? :lol:

Ninja'ed - that's moody's vote on me.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:04 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Suzaku wrote:EBWOP: To clarify - I think a 'make-the-kill-unblockable' ability more likely than a 'one-time-unblockable-recruit-but-you-die' ability if factional.
Also, since when was something more likely to happen in this game actually ever the case? :lol:

Ninja'ed - that's moody's vote on me.

Oh, of course, I misread :D

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:10 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

Yeah, OK, good point. But I have to judge based on something :mrgreen:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:28 pm UTC

Okay, I'm pretty sure that Suzaku is town. That means it's down to either Jack or jimbob for me. At this point it would have to be a really obvious slip to convince me for certain one way or the other. Right now I am looking at it that Jack is playing more consistently from earlier than jimbob is.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:31 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Okay, I'm pretty sure that Suzaku is town. That means it's down to either Jack or jimbob for me. At this point it would have to be a really obvious slip to convince me for certain one way or the other. Right now I am looking at it that Jack is playing more consistently from earlier than jimbob is.

Really? I have been posting much more frequently than before (albeit for reasons I have given before). What is it about jimbob that seems different?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

I'm going to struggle to find much more time to post before day end. At the moment, it's a bit of a coin toss between JackHK and moody for me. Jack has been steadily improving in my books and moody is looking worse as time goes on. Suzaku looks a lot better than either of them at the moment. Unfortunately, it looks like he's fallen asleep by now:
Suzaku wrote:EBWOP: Will be around for maybe another half hour to an hour, at which point I'll vote. If this ties things up that will leave it to Madge, who I at least trust to be not scum and therefore honest in her views and vote.
I'm willing to lynch either Jack or moody at this point, and will be around to place a vote to push either if needed.

@Jack - would you be willing to consider a moody vote?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:08 pm UTC

Still here.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:22 pm UTC

But I do have to crash out now.

I'm liking Jack better after his unvote and rethink. I'm still liking jimbob and I really don't have much against moody.
Shit. Not very helpful.

OK. I still don't think jimbob is scum; he's been probably the best contributor today, and I don't see any discrepancy between that and his prior posting.

I think that scum!Jack would probably have stuck to his guns and pushed for a jimbob lynch, especially since he could fairly easily have got support from moody. So that counts in his favour.

I can't really see it from a role POV, but that only leaves moody, which isn't impossible.

Vote: moody

Primarily on POV, and because Jack has just gone far enough back up in my mind.

And now I am really going to bed. See you in the ack emma.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:31 pm UTC

I would vote for moody, it's just... Hmmmm. I imagine jimbob will vote moody now. Unless Madge comes out of nowhere, it'll be moody or a No Lynch.
I think I'll wait a little while.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 pm UTC

FQJA: If it turns out that it was jimbob all along, Im going be so irritated :D :D :twisted:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:03 pm UTC

No reason for me to vote moody, if you do Jack, as it loses me my ability. I'll hold off as long as I can, but will vote with a few minutes spare, if needed.

Trying to decide between a No Lynch and known self-mislynch is no fun. If I allow myself to be mislynched, town has one day to lynch the right person, potentially relying on Madge. Assuming votals are tied and No Lynch occurs, I at least have a shot to prevent the kill. If I succeed, there's likely good info available, and if I fail, we still might get some useful information. The downside is that assuming I survive the night, neither Madge nor the rest of town are going to look at me happily, and if I fail to block, that means too much focus will be on me rather than elsewhere. Still, I think the information I can gain from my night action may outweigh the cons, especially as a successful one with a No Lynch just resets the day.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:07 pm UTC

EBWOP: completely forgot I can't roleblock and vote for someone. I might be able to vote No Lynch, but can't remember. No time to post further, must go.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:10 pm UTC

Argh.

So that brings it to me (barring a heroic last-minute arrival from Madge) to decide... Shit.

I have an hour. I'll think it over. Knowing it's down to me puts the pressure on a bit 8-)

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

JackHK wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Okay, I'm pretty sure that Suzaku is town. That means it's down to either Jack or jimbob for me. At this point it would have to be a really obvious slip to convince me for certain one way or the other. Right now I am looking at it that Jack is playing more consistently from earlier than jimbob is.

Really? I have been posting much more frequently than before (albeit for reasons I have given before). What is it about jimbob that seems different?

It's not so much the quantity as the tone. What we're looking for here is the equivalent of cult tells (if there is such a thing). And I see that Suzaku is voting for me really late which he probably thinks is opening options. I am leaning against that being vote tricks since I'm still of the opinion he's town.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:46 pm UTC

Can you elaborate more on your feelings about mine and jimbob's tone?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:57 pm UTC

Time's up, and I can't wait any more for a vote that might not come.

Vote moody
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:59 pm UTC

The thing is, I really think this isn't a recruit, but some sort of ability that a town person had. And in that case, I can't see moody being a Vengeful Sibling and simultaneously having that sort of faction-switching power.
I'm writing this at 17:49 UTC, but I won't post it until as close to the deadline as I dare.

God, I hope I'm right.

Vote jimbobmacdoodle

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:00 pm UTC

Damn, too late.

Unvote

I'd rather have some chance of winning, thank you.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 pm UTC

Night has fallen.

Final votals:
moody7277 - 2 (Suzaku, jimbobmacdoodle)
jimbobmacdoodle - 1 (moody7277)

Not voting: JackHK, Madge

moody7277 has been lynched. Please refrain from posting until D7 starts.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:30 pm UTC

moody7277 is dead. He was a Vengeful Sibling Absorber, formerly aligned with Town, turned Independent.
Suzaku is dead. He was a Super Backup, aligned with Town.

It is now Day 7. Deadline is set at this Thursday 6pm UTC (little under 3 days from now).

3 players alive, 2 votes required to hammer.

JackHK

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 7

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 pm UTC

Shit. It's a three way tie, and Madge is the kingmaker.

Vote jimbobmacdoodle

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:38 pm UTC

EBWOP : by three way tie I mean that the demographics are 1-1-1.

(I was not expecting to be the last surviving town in a game of Mafia) 8-)

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:40 pm UTC

@Madge, I will add that town has for the most part tried to help you with your win condition. I am sorry that you didn't achieve it.

(of course, this does little to help you decide which of us is scum) :evil:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:55 pm UTC

Well, Jack's quick vote basically confirms that he's the last scum. Of course, I have absolutely no idea how Madge could be it anyway, so it's rather moot.

Vote JackHK

Ultimately, Madge, it is up to you. Sorry I was wrong about moody, but in the end, I don't think it would have made any difference if I'd stuck with voting JackHK, as nobody else seemed to want to vote for him.

So, do you have anything I can answer that will help you make a decision between us?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Well, Jack's quick vote basically confirms that he's the last scum.

If I could explain my reasoning for how I acted yesterday:

I suspected that jimbob was scum. If I had voted for him earlier, he would have simply voted for moody and we would have had No Lynch, which is probably losing for Town.
What I should have done is voted for moody, and then switched my vote at the last second. Unfortunately, by the time I had had this idea, it was too late.
jimbob's vote ninja'd my own post, explaining my reasoning for voting jimbob. When I saw his vote, I scrambled to Unvote, because a No lynch is losing (assuming Madge followed through on her threats to side with scum if she lost her condition*), and I wanted at least a chance to win (if moody had been scum).

*Perhaps I should pretend to be scum then. :shock: :D That would be a very weird endgame...

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 pm UTC

JackHK wrote:*Perhaps I should pretend to be scum then. :shock: :D That would be a very weird endgame...
I'd considered doing that myself :P The question would then have been, which of us was scum pretending to be town pretending to be scum? :mrgreen:

From my point of view, I had no guarantee as to which way you would vote, so I had to vote. If I'd not voted at all, and assumed you go for moody, you could have left it to a No Lynch by "conveniently" missing the deadline to vote, and either of us could have got the blame.

There's obviously no way I can prove this, but I'd actually started to consider not voting, if you'd voted me, since that way I wouldn't have been a distraction for the remaining town member, come D7. It would also have meant that No Lynch would be avoided, and thus Madge kept on board with town.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:46 pm UTC

You dirty, rotten swine you! You have deaded me!

Return to “Mafia”