Diablo Mafia - Day 6 (The End)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Znirk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:IF both of you got exactly the same pm AND there was no other communication from the mod AND the reason for you getting blocked is because you spent the night talking THEN in my opinion it is safe to assume that jimbob got blocked as well.

Oooohkay. The answers to those ifs is: yes, yes-and-no, and maybe. (It was the same PM, I did get a separate night action failure message from the mod while I think Jimbob claims he didn't, and we're merely speculating about the reason why my action failed.)

I don't yet understand what's interesting about this though, unless you think the same kind of thing will happen a second time. For the record, I don't think that's going to happen, although scum might try to fake it if they're brazen/desperate enough. As I tried to say above: if Jimbob's action was indeed to redirect me (and I don't see much reason for him to lie about this), and I was blocked, then his action is moot regardless of whether he was blocked or not. What's more, he claims he tried to redirect me to the target I had submitted in the first place, so his N1 action was never going to make a difference.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:then his action is moot regardless of whether he was blocked or not. What's more, he claims he tried to redirect me to the target I had submitted in the first place, so his N1 action was never going to make a difference.
I fully get that but that's not the point.

Znirk wrote:I don't yet understand what's interesting about this though,
If both of you got role-blocked then it must tie back to the power that caused the pm to happen. If only you got role-blocked then it's a separate effect, so the assumed hidden aspect of your role might repeat itself (as it does not offer protection, just information).

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 pm UTC

I'm going to try to provide some feedback/ thoughts:

Sabrar wrote:
Assume jimbob and Znirk are lying about the pm
Spoiler:
Most likely Znirk recruited jimbob (theoretically could have happened in other direction but cult leader would probably not recruit someone who got almost lynched). They could not have talked during the night (recruitment is resolved besides other abilities after deadline as anyone could modify their target before), and there is no day-chat.
jimbob is recruited and must defend Znirk. He comes up with a story about targeting him and receiving info about his role, Claims he will probably not receive such pm-s in the future. Provides more details, dismisses possibility of false information.
Znirk confirms pm, details, says he also knows that jimbob is not scum (something jimbob failed to mention).
jimbob confirms same pm.

Because the recruitment happened, jimbob must know that Znirk wasn't blocked. With the Cop dead he is unlikely to have been investigated (and it's possible that cult leader would show up as indie, same as Survivor). Znirk claimed Tracker, jimbob can reasonably assume that even if this is not true the real Tracker would not target him (i.e. jimbob). Watcher is unlikely watch Znirk. Therefore it is unlikely that his claim of targeting Znirk and receiving the pm would be contradicted by an ability and therefore it is safe to do so. 2.5 hours passed since beginning of day, enough time to come up with the story.

Overall feeling: definitely possible scenario, the underlined part is the only thing that looks a bit fishy to me though it could be simple oversight. Still, as noted before I doubt that cult leader!Znirk would have claimed indie in his first post though not impossible.



You immediately assume they're cult if they're lying. Couldn't they be lying scum?

Assume jimbob and Znirk are both telling the truth about the pm

Scenario 1:
Spoiler:
This was orchestrated by a third party. Someone (probably not town, otherwise they should have cleared this up by now) has the ability to block 2 players and mutually reveal their alignments to each other.
Question 1: is this a likely ability given rule 11 and would it not be too powerful in the hands of Town? I believe the answers to be no and yes
Question 2: why would scum target those 2 players? Probably because they thought that Znirk was lying and wanted to expose him, or even if he was telling the truth jimbob would come under fire because of the situation. Most likely to be scum in this case in my opinion is bessie who found jimbob scummy already on D1.
However because of Question 1 I think this scenario is very unlikely.


Are you considering this power might be a 1-shot secondary ability (like JDU's kill counter) in this scenario? I still think it's unlikely but at least somewhat more probable?
Scenario 2:
Spoiler:
This was triggered by a hidden element in Znirk's role.
I would have said that this makes sense for a Survivor to have this kind of ability (I'm guessing this is a 1-shot effect triggered by the first targeting, as otherwise he would be immune to all night-actions while simultaneously being a kind of Innocent Child, making his win-con laughably easy), as it provides a kind of protection which is usually needed for a Survivor. However alignments were randomly assigned, so unless the Survivor role came with this package already installed (similar to how scum would gain factional kill), then this can't be the case. It would be a big coincidence (~7%) if this element was really in the game and Survivor just happened to be assigned to the player with this role. Plus if scum would get assigned this hidden aspect he would be unfairly screwed in my opinion.

I think it makes sense to have this power linked to survivor. It's very likely a 1-shot ability or event.

My probabilities: 60% they are both telling the truth, 35% they're cult, 5% weird scum play.
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:38 pm UTC

plytho wrote:You immediately assume they're cult if they're lying. Couldn't they be lying scum?
Given that jimbob voted second for Znirk and never removed his vote I find it unlikely that they were in the same scum-team D1. And if they are scum separately there would be no reason for them to do this.

plytho wrote:Are you considering this power might be a 1-shot secondary ability (like JDU's kill counter) in this scenario? I still think it's unlikely but at least somewhat more probable?
Haven't considered this but potentially possible. Becomes hard to evaluate.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

@dimochka: Will hidden aspects of a player's role be revealed upon death?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:06 pm UTC

@Madge: This is your only post on D2 so far. Anything to add?

@Carlington: you promised something comprehensive here. Can we have it?

@adnapemit: This is your only post on D2 so far. What are your thoughts on the other players (besides Znirk/jimbob)?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:15 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@Madge: This is your only post on D2 so far. Anything to add?

@Carlington: you promised something comprehensive here. Can we have it?

@adnapemit: This is your only post on D2 so far. What are your thoughts on the other players (besides Znirk/jimbob)?


I'm on my phone so I linking is messy but I think you forgot freezeblade.
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I'm on my phone so I linking is messy but I think you forgot freezeblade.
I already prodded him here.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:In case I want to claim indie in a future game please educate me about the difference between a day1, post1 Miller-claim and day1, post1 indie claim. I get that lynching the indie is 'safe' from Town's perspective, but why is one more believable than the other?


If this is the question you're talking about (I couldn't find another question directed at me): One is a claim of town, one is a claim of indie. They are of course very different. Indies can side with town if they choose, but are not inherently town-aligned. In my own playing experience, I have false claimed as a "survivor" or other "neutral indie" when I have, in game reality, been a SK or other "anti-town" indie. So these factors combined, for me, is the difference between the two claims.

I do believe however, that znirk and jimbob are telling the truth about their conversation (although I still don't understand, or like the indie claim, somthing seems fishy, especially having a false claim), and of the two scenarios for that conclusion postulated by Sabrar, I believe the first is more likely.

Ninja: I'm here!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:48 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote: In my own playing experience, I have false claimed as a "survivor" or other "neutral indie" when I have, in game reality, been a SK or other "anti-town" indie.
I don't doubt that, the question is have you done it in your very first post of the game when there was no pressure on you?

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@dimochka: Will hidden aspects of a player's role be revealed upon death?

No, only the full PM that players received. All hidden aspects will be revealed once the game is over.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
freezeblade wrote: In my own playing experience, I have false claimed as a "survivor" or other "neutral indie" when I have, in game reality, been a SK or other "anti-town" indie.
I don't doubt that, the question is have you done it in your very first post of the game when there was no pressure on you?


I'd have to look back at my games, but I doubt it. That said, I feel that's more indicative of my hatrid for claiming D1, as I feel it does no good for town besides a miller claim (and even that I'm dubious about, as accepting all early miller claims as true leaves far too much room for abuse by scum). As scum, I wouldn't claim D1 unless pressed either, because it attracts too much information. I can easily see someone false claiming as survivor D1, if they had some kind of information that they wouldn't be investigated (either themselves or other scum team having the investigator role, or they were told as such via inside information).
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

*attracts too much attention
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm UTC

Correction. If anyone's win condition changes throughout the game, their death reveal will also include their latest win condition (along with their original PM with the first win-con).
(I may have not thought of some things when I put this game together. I'm just not as seasoned as some of the other mods, sorry!)
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 pm UTC

Re-reading D2 now - slapdash thoughts as I skim through.

@freezeblade - given my claim on Znirk's survivor status, do you have an update on your reasons for currently voting Sabrar?

@Gopher - why do you think that there are more than 2 killing powers around?

SirG mark2 accuses me of getting "so suspicious" of the voters for JDU. Yet, as far as I can tell the only statement I made that could be construed as such is this statement:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'll need to look at the others bit more when I have more time.
Seems like a little bit of an over-reaction to me, or an attempt to make mud stick here.

LaserGuy immediately is suspicious of the message I received last night, and has discussed pretty much nothing else so far today.

Madge, SirGabriel, bessie and adnapemit haven't contributed much today yet at all.

Gopher to me gets townie points for being one of the few players not putting inordinate amounts of emphasis on my/Znirk claims. Some discussion is certainly warranted, but not at the exclusion of all else. In particular, there is going to be at least 1, possibly 2 scum apart from me and Znirk, assuming we are actually lying scum.

I think Sabrar missed the point about why I, and probably others were suspicious of Znirk D1 not because he claimed indie, but rather everything else that went with that claim. I at least found it odd that you so heavily defended Znirk, despite the apparent inconsistencies in his claim.

To be clear, I got no explicit statement that my action failed. The only night result PM I got was the one with both Znirk and I included.

Current gut feelings are that LaserGuy might be scum, seeing something they can easily discuss without needing to show thoughts on other players. Sabrar still feels a little over-defensive of Znirk. This might be because he is scum trying to keep a survivor around in the hope they'll support him later on, or has some kind of guardian angel role and needs Znirk to survive. I think the latter unlikely. Still not sure about the former.

Vote LaserGuy

Will review this later in the weekend.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby SirGabriel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:14 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:SirG mark2 accuses me of getting "so suspicious" of the voters for JDU. Yet, as far as I can tell the only statement I made that could be construed as such is this statement:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'll need to look at the others bit more when I have more time.
Seems like a little bit of an over-reaction to me, or an attempt to make mud stick here.

Yes, that was what I was referring to, sorry if I misinterpreted you.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Madge, SirGabriel, bessie and adnapemit haven't contributed much today yet at all.

I was hoping to have some time this evening, but someone called out so I'm now in the middle of a double shift. If anyone has specific questions for me, I can try to answer them, but I won't be on my computer so I can't do any detailed analysis.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I think Sabrar missed the point about why I, and probably others were suspicious of Znirk D1 not because he claimed indie, but rather everything else that went with that claim.
It's not how I remember the discussion went, will collect the relevant posts if I'll have the time and if it isn't a huge waste of effort.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@freezeblade - given my claim on Znirk's survivor status, do you have an update on your reasons for currently voting Sabrar.


Nope, no change. Sabrar's buddying, vote changing, and alarm about widening the gap (in my mind to build townie points without any risk) still looks very much like hedging bets to me, and smells scummy. (especially the "when I flip, you'll regret it" like response when there was only one vote on them) I'm not the only one either, looking at some of the other posts, including your own.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:[on budying with znirk]This might be because he is scum trying to keep a survivor around in the hope they'll support him later on
this is pretty much my thoughts on it.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 pm UTC

EBWOP
Sabrar wrote:It's not how I remember the discussion went,
Correction to be precise: some players found Znirk's claim suspicious because of perceived inconsistencies, others just jumped on a seemingly easy wagon.

Ninja:
freezeblade wrote:(in my mind to build townie points without any risk)
Well, I can't argue with your mind.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 pm UTC

My updated reads list:

Confirmed townies:

SirGabriel - Revealed on death. He strikes me as a fairly safe target for mafia. Content was fairly low, basically everyone put him in the firmly neutral category. Voted for Gopher, suspicious of Sabrar, but admitted suspicion was fairly mild. I suppose I should give this read a bit more credit coming from a confirmed townie, though I'm already suspicious of those two for other reasons as well.
JDU - Revealed on death. No content whatsoever.
Madge - Miller claim pretty well puts her pretty firmly in townie camp, and D1 play, though somewhat sparse, was fairly consistently townie. D2 she's been away/lurking some, which feels a bit less townie, but I'm fairly confident in this read at the moment. If Madge turns up as scum claiming D1 miller, well, I tip my metaphorical hat to her. Protected N1 by SirGabriel, which seems sensible as the only more-or-less confirmed townie we had at the time.

Likely townies:

plytho - Putting in a lot of effort to try to figure things out. Not trying to rock the boat too much, but trying to follow and comment on all of the relevant threads. Strong, consistent townie vibe.
bessie - Pushing lurkers to post more content. Reads feel extremely astute, similar to what I saw of her from earlier games I've read. Suspicious of uncritical acceptance of jimbob/Znirk story. Would love to see more from her, but everything that she's posted feels very townie.

Likely neutrals:

Znirk - I think it goes without saying that I'm very skeptical of this whole situation, but it seems somewhat unlikely that scum would claim indie on D1 then double-down with this business with the note on D2. I still don't necessarily buy that Znirk is survivor, but some other indie flavor (Lyncher, SK, Jester) seems likely.
jimbob - Again, very suspicious resulting from Znirk interactions. I don't know that I believe that this is a scum play, but there's something going on here that doesn't add up to me. Especially given that jimbob mentioned on D1 that he has a secondary win condition, I'm leaning toward a possible cult.
Gopher/Sabrar - My feeling is that one of these two is probably scum, but I doubt it's both. I have a hard time getting a good read on either because a lot of their discussion is focused on metagame stuff (should indie claim on D1, was scum third vote in these eighteen past games, etc.) that is over my head. Maybe just it's just because I don't understand the metagame, but a lot of this feels to me like a conversation to drive up postcount and make them look active without actually generating useful content/reads. As a result, neither feels particularly townie.

Leaning scum:

SirGabriel (ahippo) - ahippo's early claim was pretty dubious, especially in light of the evidence we have for some falseclaims. SirGabriel's more recent play has been feeling more townie, but for now I'm going to leave him on my scum list.
Gopher/Sabrar - See above
freezeblade - Fairly quiet after setup spec discussion. Mostly tunneling Sabrar and engaging in the (IMHO) spurious metagame discussion with Gopher/Sabrar. Immediately jumping on the people who lynched JDU struck me as a bit of an overreaction considering the lynch candidates were discussed in some detail on D1 and nobody else seemed particularly troubled by how the wagon came together. One of the only active players that didn't cast a vote, which seems a bit curious considering how he feels about the lynch.

Need more information:

mpolo - Hasn't contributed much for obvious reasons, but nothing has really stood out as problematic.
Carlington - Not much content. Promises of more coming, but nothing yet.
adnapemit - Nothing really stands out as scummy, but not a lot of content either.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby dimochka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm UTC

Current Votals:
Sabrar - 1 (Freezeblade)
LaserGuy - 1 (Jimbobmacdoodle)

Not Voting: Everyone else

13 people alive, 7 to lynch.

D2 Deadline [Click here!] in 2 days and 18 hours.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:One of the only active players that didn't cast a vote, which seems a bit curious considering how he feels about the lynch.

I apologize for being away, after that last post I made I got pulled away by our biggest client at work until I had to skip out to head to the mountains, and got in 5 mins before the deadline on Monday. my vote would still have been on zirnk at that point, which would have been moot, as there was a two vote margin.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Gopher/Sabrar ... a lot of their discussion is focused on metagame stuff (should indie claim on D1, was scum third vote in these eighteen past games, etc.) ... but a lot of this feels to me like a conversation to drive up postcount and make them look active without actually generating useful content/reads.
Honestly I'm getting a bit tired of repeating myself. The first underlined part is an exaggeration, the second could be true only if I didn't have any other content besides that discussion. I post a lot of content, and cherry-picking some of it (like adnapemit also did) and declaring it not useful enough because you don't understand it/is not relevant to you does not mean that it serves only to drive up post-count.

@freezeblade: thought about whether or not I should post this, decided to do so anyway, please don't take it personally. If you had started D2 with that apology I would have had no issue with your tone. However you seemed to take immediately the moral high ground and threw out FOS-es and wanted explanations. That pissed me off and I apologize if it carried over to my in-game content.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby freezeblade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm UTC

Honestly, I probably should have pre-empted with that information, and had one written out in my head when I realized I was too close to the deadline to post when I came into work Monday morning, at 7:55am or so. However, when greeted with the D2 opening post, the unfortunate list of now-dead burned though anything I had mapped out in my head, and I jumped on how upset I was at the quickly-formed, in-hindsight terrible bandwagon, which I had no control or say over.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Gopher/Sabrar ... a lot of their discussion is focused on metagame stuff (should indie claim on D1, was scum third vote in these eighteen past games, etc.) ... but a lot of this feels to me like a conversation to drive up postcount and make them look active without actually generating useful content/reads.


Honestly I'm getting a bit tired of repeating myself. The first underlined part is an exaggeration, the second could be true only if I didn't have any other content besides that discussion. I post a lot of content, and cherry-picking some of it (like adnapemit also did) and declaring it not useful enough because you don't understand it/is not relevant to you does not mean that it serves only to drive up post-count.


Yes, first underlined part is an exaggeration. Guilty as charged.

For the rest, I'm not denying that you and Gopher produce content. I don't even deny that there is some merit to what you and Gopher are talking about. What I am saying is that you and Gopher started a discussion, as near as I can tell, on Page 2, and are still talking about it. For comparison I have four posts (here, here, here and here--one being an edit and one being a single question) talking about the Znirk/jimbob thing, and people are finding it scummy that I'm spending so much time on it. Hence my read above.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:02 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:jimbob - ... Especially given that jimbob mentioned on D1 that he has a secondary win condition, I'm leaning toward a possible cult.
Correction: I said I thought I might have a secondary hidden win condition, based purely on the phrasing of the flavour I had in my original role PM.

Why does me even having a secondary win condition make a difference to me being cult? Who am I in a cult with, if I am in a cult?

Also, you say that Znirk might be a lyncher, jester or SK. How do you reconcile that with my claim that he is a survivor?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:jimbob - ... Especially given that jimbob mentioned on D1 that he has a secondary win condition, I'm leaning toward a possible cult.


Correction: I said I thought I might have a secondary hidden win condition, based purely on the phrasing of the flavour I had in my original role PM.

Why does me even having a secondary win condition make a difference to me being cult? Who am I in a cult with, if I am in a cult?


If you were in a cult, presumably you could win with the cult, or win through some conventional means. The only cult game I've read was your WoT:2 game, which had a similar mechanic--some players could win simply by eliminating scum, or could win by being recruited into either of the cults and satisfying their win condition.

Also, you say that Znirk might be a lyncher, jester or SK. How do you reconcile that with my claim that he is a survivor?


As I said earlier, I think the most probable circumstance is that the PM was triggered by an ability of Znirk's. As a result, I only trust your survivor claim as much as I trust Znirk's survivor claim. My read on him has never been survivor, based both on flavor and his behavior to this point.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Madge » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 am UTC

@mpolo: get out of here if you want, you don't need to waste your time and energy on us

Sorry folks, had a busy couple of days. The night results are also really depressing to me, which makes it hard to get motivated (though I'm gonna do my best!). Anyone want to fullclaim? No? Okay. Let's see what we got. I wrote this while I was reading through the thread as I had like 3 pages to get through, so bear with me.

dimochka wrote:Pepin had prepared a healing salve for someone named Madge last night.


Wow, what did I do to deserve that??? Shucks. (oh, right, probably my miller claim meant I'm a good early townread. Fair enough.)

Sabrar, GoP: give it a rest on each other. You're both so aggressive that the fact that you get aggressive on each other really doesn't tell us anything. That said Sabrar's weird dedication to Znirk is weird. It's *too* weird, though, for me to think Sabrar is scummy as a result. I think that scum!Sabrar would not buddy their real buddy.

Don't know if the votals are going to tell us much, and the "3rd on wagon" rule is so stupid. Why do we even bother.

Plytho's read post is really good. I agree with their logic on most things.

I find the Znirk/Jimbob conversation a tiny bit suspicious for reasons I won't go into until I claim. I don't find it suspicious enough to claim for because I think it's almost certainly not a scum tell, and when I flip you'll probably figure out why I found it a little suspicious and also decide to ignore it. (I also don't think the friendly neighbour role is likely to be the cause).

Jimbob is twigging me, but I think that's mostly because of the above.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby adnapemit » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:47 am UTC

Player Analisis (Key points/opinions):
LaserGuy: First to post for the day, post contained simple comment. Switched d1 vote to JDU to prevent no-lynch based on Sabrar's suggestion. Comments on JDU being basically a cop with an extra ability to detect number of kills and wishes they had decided to play. Says the most simplest solution was Znirk sent the message himself and a false claim and ability to direct attention away from him is suspicious for someone who wins by staying out of the way. Explains characters determine roles and Znirks doesn't seem to match. Puts Madge in confirmed townies.

Putting Madge in confirmed town is a bit odd especially when he had another category of likely townies. All she has done is claimed miller, a townie move yes but not confirmed, he even said that her lurking feels a bit less townie but still placed her in the same category as those who have flipped town.

Bessie: Responds to LaserGuy's comment. Nothing to claim. Prods for Carlington to post. FOS everyone who buys jimbobs claim without question.

There hasn't been as much content from her for d2 but there is nothing scummy in her posts.

Freezeblade:FOS people who jumped on the lynch of JDU. Would like explanations from them. Thinks Sabrar is buddying with Znirk and votes for him. Describes how he dislikes d1 claims as a response to has he claimed indie in first post. Would have voted Znirk.

Has made a few posts d2 but has only provided a few opinions on Znirk, Sabrar and jimbob with no mention of anyone else. This lack of opinions or even mentioning other players is what I find most suspicious of his posts.

plytho:Votes d1 to counter Carlington's to give Znirk the chance to prove he isn't trying to get lynched. Picked JDU because either scum or no help to town. Argues against freezeblades suggestion that Sabrar was convincing people to vote JDU but then points out that Sabrar did decide to save Znirk. Worth looking at the wagon to find the 'at least one' scum. Interprets Znirks 'summary of the PM of saying jimbob is "likely town" as meaning jimbob is town rather than "not scum"(meaning indie) or that from Znirks characters perspective that it could be that he can't be identified and is "likely town". Nothing to report for night activities.

I find the accepting jimbob and Znirks claim for just the reads list a little odd. Instead of just leaving them off the reads list to look at later but accepting them as true is just weird.

mpolo: No information to claim. Suspected Sabrar end of d1 but not enough to vote. Seen nasty indies(SK) claim d1 so attention on Znirk is not misplaced.

Neutral.

jimbobmacdoodle:Confident there are hidden mechanics in the game. Thinks Znirk is Red Vex and Survivor is confirmed because he received a pm which says so. Says he feels bad about suggesting Znirk should switch votes. PM flavour suggests a conversation that convinced him that Red Vex was just looking to get out of town alive. Also confident that Znirk did not target him. @jimbob: you didn't answer my question of why you think this? Confirms both he and Znirk received the same PM. Claims to have targeted Znirk to redirect to Sabrar and believes himself roleblocked by the interaction. Votes LaserGuy for discussing easy stuff without needing to show thoughts on other players.

The PM jimbob received seems slightly suspicious. Just from what he said, the flavour he mention being "convinced" by a conversation with a demon. Also jimbob seems to readily accept that the PM is truthful and Znirk is truthful without even looking at how it might not be. Both jimbob and Znirk seem to trust the PM a lot from how they interpret and explain it, but I don't know why since from what they say, I don't think I could.

Sabrar:Asks why d1 miller claim is more believable than indie. Thinks GoP might be jester, even night SK, LazerGuy role-fishing. Third on the wagon not necessarily scum rant. Suspects JDU's killing counter could have given a misleading result. Voted JDU not Znirk because they think Znirk is not a threat to town.

Over all Sabrars posts feel a lot less active lurky since d2, his post seem more neutral and more logical but I still feel his d1 content was a bit active lurky and his continuing argument of first day indie claim pings me a bit.

Gopher of Pern:Says likely more than 2 killing powers based on JDU's ability. Likes to see how people react to his words. Thinks Sabrar and plytho had least plausible reasons for voting JDU. Agrees LaserGuy seems scummier for pushing Znirk but FOS SirGabriel and Laser guy for harping on about it.

Gopher of Pern's has some good content in his first post and a few points in his others but he spent a lot of time arguing with Sabrar and created a lot of post that feel like togehter with Sabrar they are creating a distration.

Madge: short first d2 post. Comments that Sabrar's dedication is too weird to be a buddy. Thinks the Znirk/Jimbob conversation is suspicious but not a scum tell because of something in her role.

Still likely to be telling the truth with miller though the mention of something in her role has me curious.

ahippo/SirGabriel:No idea why ahippo claimed. Doesn't like how jimbob and freezeblade(posibly Madge) are so suspicious of everyone who voted JDU. Looks at posibilities of Znirks role. FOS on GoP for taking jimbobs claim for granted. Nothing to report for night activities.

Since SirG replaced it's hard to judge based on different play styles but SirG has seem to keep the same style of posts as he was for his last role which was town since his replacement. I had ahippo as neutral so overall I think I still finding them neutral or very marginally townie.

Znirk:Says he hopes dimochkas end-of-day comment isn't pointer to recruiter-scum. As survivor has to make use of any bandwagon. Claims tracking failed, possibly roleblocked. Doesn't want to say who he tracked early in the day. Thinks PM was triggered by secret role aspect. Agrees it doesn't seem possible that this is false information. Claims PM reveals jimbob is not scum. Claims flavour in role PM: Red Vex made demonic pact to return for revenge but target was already dead. Reveals Sabrar was his tracking target with his opinion LaserGuy and Sabrar could be scum together.

Of course Znirk wouldn't say the PM is false information since it was what he had claimed, if it hadn't matched then he would be claiming there was no way it could be true. Since it did match what he claimed it would only have been able to be cause by Znirk, caused by jimbob(only if Znirk is telling the truth) or someone trying to make people think Znirk is telling the truth. I think he is definitely anti town.

Carlington: Nothing to claim from last night, doesn't plan on lurking. Voted Znirk because his claim was the scummiest thing that stood out.

Although claiming to lurk less there has still been very little from him d2. His rushed posts at the end of d1 provided quite a bit of content that I didn't find scummy so he is currently only still on the slightly scummy side of neutral.

<Town>
adnapemit
Bessie
ahippo/SirGabriel
Madge
mpolo
Carlington
Freezeblade
Gopher of Pern
Sabrar
plytho
LaserGuy
Znirk
jimbobmacdoodle
<Scum>
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby plytho » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:11 am UTC

I have a busy day ahead so probably won't be posting in the next 24 hours.

Some quick opinions on the people that were prodded by Sabrar:

Freezeblade blade: keeps vote on Sabrar, only talks about Sabrar and Znirk. I would really like to see some opinions on other players. Feels scummy.

Madge: I like that she pointed out the distracting nature of the GoP - Sabrar interaction. Keeps feeling townie.

adnapemit: makes some good points in her reads list. Has only two town reads besides herself one of which is maybe marginally townie.

Carlington: remains pretty lurky after promising not to lurk anymore. Bessie, can you convince him to post?

adnapemit wrote:I find the accepting jimbob and Znirks claim for just the reads list a little odd. Instead of just leaving them off the reads list to look at later but accepting them as true is just weird.


I don't really see much difference between putting them on the list with a warning that I didn't look into them yet or leaving them off the list to look at later.
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 am UTC

@adnapemit: you have ahippo/SirGabriel 'neutral or very marginally townie' and still place them above Madge who is 'likely telling the truth'. Why?
Also would you mind elaborating on your logic behind Znirk's anti-townieness? I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion based on just the speculation on what caused the pm-s.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am UTC

@all: to me there is no such thing as a distraction in a Mafia game because I feel that every post adds something to the discussion and I try to read and react to everything.
However I just come to realize (took me a long time) that not everyone is able to spend as much time on the game. If you think that my focus on the D1 indie claim is somehow taking away time from more important things then I will drop that line of thought and move it to Gojoe after this game is over.

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby adnapemit » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:48 am UTC

plytho wrote:I don't really see much difference between putting them on the list with a warning that I didn't look into them yet or leaving them off the list to look at later.

There is no difference in those two things. But what you said for that post was
For the purpose of this list I'm accepting jimbob's and Znirk's claims that Znirk is indie survivor and jimbob is town I know they might not be but for now I wanted to avoid speculation about Znirkbob as it's distracting and takes away focus from everyone else.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby adnapemit » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@adnapemit: you have ahippo/SirGabriel 'neutral or very marginally townie' and still place them above Madge who is 'likely telling the truth'. Why?
Also would you mind elaborating on your logic behind Znirk's anti-townieness? I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion based on just the speculation on what caused the pm-s.

Madge has posted very little and when I started writing that post she only had one short post for d2. I added the comment in about her recent post not long before I submitted the post. If it wasn't for her miller claim I would have based my read on the lack of posts and opinions and she would sit somewhere between freezeblade and Gopher of Pern in my list.
Znirk's anti-townie is still mostly from my conclusions from d1 and how he reacted to the PM. Because you asked me to elaborate more I might do a better analysis of Znirk tomorrow if I have time.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:39 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:@jimbob: you didn't answer my question of why you think this?
Sorry, I guess I assumed it was implicit in my ability claim. Given that I redirected Znirk, he couldn't have possibly have targeted me, unless my ability failed for some other reason (e.g. I was roleblocked). I suppose that he could have some weird ability that both a) blocks something he is targeted with and b) replaces it with false information, which he is then copied into. This does not sound like any ability I know of, nor does it sound particularly newbie friendly, but if people can point to concrete examples of such abilities either from past games, or from the link, I'm willing to listen.

@adnapemit (and anybody else that this applies to) - why are you so convinced that the info Znirk and I have claimed to receive is false?
LaserGuy wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:jimbob - ... Especially given that jimbob mentioned on D1 that he has a secondary win condition, I'm leaning toward a possible cult.


Correction: I said I thought I might have a secondary hidden win condition, based purely on the phrasing of the flavour I had in my original role PM.

Why does me even having a secondary win condition make a difference to me being cult? Who am I in a cult with, if I am in a cult?


If you were in a cult, presumably you could win with the cult, or win through some conventional means. The only cult game I've read was your WoT:2 game, which had a similar mechanic--some players could win simply by eliminating scum, or could win by being recruited into either of the cults and satisfying their win condition.
Cult members usually only win in one way, based on their current win-con, and there's no hint that prior to their recruit that they can be recruited (even in WoT 2, that was the case). You can be assured that had I thought there was the possibility of a cult tied to my potential secondary win-con, I'd have said so. You also didn't answer my second question. Who are my fellow cult-members if I am in a cult?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 pm UTC

First of all, I apologize for the low content. If anyone is in aerospace and knows what an NC is, you know the story of my week. I will probably be extremely busy next week too, but I will do my best (if I'm still alive).

My thoughts on the D1 lynch wagon. I’ve been following these arguments and have come to the opinion that there’s no useful information to be gained from analyzing the lynch wagon. To me, the lynch was basically between a player that provided zero content (and had been observed lurking so was very unlikely to improve much on D2, and was a modkill candidate because there probably wouldn’t be a replacement available), and a player that was at best non-town, but was here and contributing and wanted to play the game. And as I said in my post where I voted for JustDanceUnlimited, I just couldn’t see kicking someone out who actually wants to play in favor of someone who doesn’t when D1 is so often a mislynch anyway. For completeness, here’s my analysis of the wagon. The scum team knows who’s scum (ignoring the possibility of a traitor for the purposes of this analysis). If Znirk is telling the truth about being a survivor who intends to help town, scum had a choice of voting for someone who is not on their team, and someone else who is not on their team. They probably spread their votes out between both. Sabrar’s D1 defense of Znirk is interesting (and I will come back to it again in my player analysis post) but his vote of a non-posting lurker on D1 instead of someone who is actually playing is consistent with past games (see WoT2). LaserGuy’s vote prevented (in my opinion a very unlikely) no lynch, so was a reasonable action for any alignment (except an indie with a too-unusual-win-condition-for-this-game). In retrospect, lynching Znirk might have been better from a pure gameplay point of view, but there would still be suspicion on JDU for their behavior on D1, so they/replacement would still be a lynch candidate today.

On to my thoughts about jimbobmacdoodle/Znirk. I’m going to guess that these two are linked. If they’re cult, it would make more sense for Znirk to be the recruiter because I doubt jimbob would recruit someone with so much suspicion on him D1. I’m actually wondering if they’re lovers, and if yes, then was this pairing part of the game mechanics from the beginning or did a night action determine the pair? If they were paired from the beginning, then something happened to revel it last night (night action by either, or predetermined N1 reveal). If the pair wasn’t predetermined, then Znirk might have automatically recruited the first person to target him, he may have deliberately selected jimbob, or a third party linked them (cupid-type role, RNG assigned to scum).

The reason I’m thinking lovers and not cult is that if jimbob was cult recruited, I would have expected him to be quiet about his night interaction with Znirk. I think they might be lovers because jimbob’s trying hard to save Znirk today. This doesn’t mean I think jimbob is non-town, or that he had an alignment change. More about their actual power claims later when I do my analysis.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: I'm fairly confident based on Znirk's own claim here and also that the message stated we spent the whole night conversing, that the ability failed. My targeted ability is a standard redirection ability. I tried to redirect Znirk (my top scum pick) to Sabrar (my second scum pick). The theory was that if Znirk was a killer, I'd see the second scummiest player die, whilst also seeing evidence of Znirk's scumminess and if not, Znirk would be able to confirm he was targeted by a redirection, confirming my claim later on. Of course, that didn't work quite as planned, but I got bonus info instead.
This makes sense, and would even if you became lovers/culted last night. Observation: by the time you claimed your power, there was enough information out there for you to invent a believable false claim.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:LaserGuy immediately is suspicious of the message I received last night, and has discussed pretty much nothing else so far today.
Not true. At that point he had discussed the D1 lynch wagon, Znirk’s role name/power claims independent of your interaction, general name claiming, and Gopher of Pern’s speculation on the number of kills in the game. I think you were reaching with that vote. What do you think now that he’s posted some player analysis? You're still voting for him, and your original reason that he is not showing thoughts on other players is no longer valid, so you must have another reason.

LaserGuy, I’m uneasy about putting a confirmed townie label on anyone without something in bold from the mod, but I have been known to use “confirmed” townie.

plytho wrote:Carlington: remains pretty lurky after promising not to lurk anymore. Bessie, can you convince him to post?

Maybe. I’ll give it a try.

Vote: Carlington

Sabrar wrote:@all: to me there is no such thing as a distraction in a Mafia game because I feel that every post adds something to the discussion and I try to read and react to everything.
However I just come to realize (took me a long time) that not everyone is able to spend as much time on the game. If you think that my focus on the D1 indie claim is somehow taking away time from more important things then I will drop that line of thought and move it to Gojoe after this game is over.
Any and all content is better than none. I will be interested in seeing if anyone else responds to this, and what their definition of “important” is.

I’m still reading page 8, but with less than two days to deadline so I will post content as I have it. Full player analysis in a few hours (hopefully).

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 pm UTC

I apologize for having less content than usual, but there's been a lot more conversation in thread than I was expecting, and I've had a lot less free time than I was expecting.

Gopher was one of my scum reads D1, and his single post so far D2 hasn't done anything to change my mind.

Sabrar seems to be very defensive at points, which tends to be indicative of scum. I'll put him as slightly scummy for now.

But right now the biggest issue I see is the jimbob/Znirk interaction. Why would a survivor have a falseclaim? And if Znirk was given Rogue as a falseclaim, why would he appear as Red Vex rather than Rogue in the conversation the mod supposedly messaged Znirk and jimbob about? If that post was sent as Znirk claimed, why did jimbob give such a vague description when he first mentioned the conversation? Why would Red Vex care so much about surviving if the only reason she came back to life in the first place was revenge on someone who turned out to already be dead? And if Znirk and jimbob both received the mod PM they claimed, why did it immediately convince both of them that the other one was town/survivor?
A lot of things here just don't add up. But them being a scum team from the beginning also seems unlikely given jimbob's behavior D1, and jimbob as cult leader who recruited Znirk also seems unlikely, so I'm guessing Znirk is the cult leader who recruited jimbob. Which means, of the two, Znirk is probably the better lynch candidate, since the cult might not be able to recruit if its leader is dead.

Unless someone can convince me that we need to go after scum instead of cult, I think I'm going to

Vote: Znirk

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:08 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Not true. At that point he had discussed the D1 lynch wagon, Znirk’s role name/power claims independent of your interaction, general name claiming, and Gopher of Pern’s speculation on the number of kills in the game. I think you were reaching with that vote. What do you think now that he’s posted some player analysis? You're still voting for him, and your original reason that he is not showing thoughts on other players is no longer valid, so you must have another reason.
I made those comments after a fairly quick skim through, so I basically discarded anything that I deemed throwaway comments, such as the brief mention of the D1 reveals. Let's take a look at LaserGuy's D2 posts up to this point:
Post 1: "Wow... I'm not sure that could have possibly gone worse for us."
Post 2: Nothing to claim. Switched vote to prevent No Lynch.
Post 3: JDU was a cop?
At this point I revealed the PM I received.
Post 4: Asks for more info from more about the PM, and whether it can be trusted.
Post 5: Distrusts Znirk because of message. Speculation on source of message.
Post 6: Suspicious of both false claim and Znirk's ability to redirect attention away from him.
Post 7: Cannot verify tracker ability. Suspicious Znirk's claims don't fit flavour. Asks if I was roleblocked or am a roleblocker.
Post 8: Comments on why SirG night action was revealed. Confused why Gopher doesn't think message worth investigating. Comments on when JDU should use the second ability.
Post 9: Asks for info from other players night actions.
I vote for LaserGuy.

So, minimal information in the 3 posts before my claim (only Post 2 really has any content in, and that easy to predict). Of the posts after my claim, only posts 8 and 9 have anything in that isn't directly related to my claim. Post 8 includes a piece of irrelevant explanation (why SirG's night action was revealed), speculation on when to use an ability that is no longer in the game (presumably - backup is possible I suppose), and a comment referring to the PM discussion. Post 9 is a brief call for more results and nothing else. Looking at those, I really don't feel like voting LaserGuy was a stretch at all at that point, although I accept that things have improved since I voted, and will do a thorough analysis of this tomorrow. Given that he has yet to properly answer all my questions, I'm going to wait until I get responses to reconsider my vote however, or until I get a chance tomorrow to do a full player analysis.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

Read list and vote tomorrow evening, will be almost constantly online on Monday.

Meanwhile I would appreciate feedback on the possibility of a scenario: Madge is SK/cult leader who received in her role-pm the additional info that no Miller was in the game. The reason I'm asking is because the below quote pinged me very hard:
Madge wrote:Wow, what did I do to deserve that??? Shucks.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 2 (Bloody Morning)

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Cult members usually only win in one way, based on their current win-con, and there's no hint that prior to their recruit that they can be recruited (even in WoT 2, that was the case). You can be assured that had I thought there was the possibility of a cult tied to my potential secondary win-con, I'd have said so. You also didn't answer my second question. Who are my fellow cult-members if I am in a cult?


The most likely candidate would be Znirk. I would be surprised if there were more than two at this point in the game, but I don't have enough evidence to speculate on anyone else at this point.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests