Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Gopher of Pern

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 am UTC

Not a fan, but I don't think they are scummy. They defended laserguy, which I hope to hear more about, and I'm feeling ok about laserguy. But they have a lot of fluff in their posts, and their last one especially (waiting for people, instead of moving on their own). Their tunnelling on me is a little troubling, as I know I'm town, and they haven't provided much on anything else. I'm keeping an eye on them.

One thing I noticed, which probably doesn't matter at this point, but dethstalkers role pm said that the votals show one extra vote on them, not that he actually had one extra vote.

Did dethstalker actually have one extra vote? (i.e. if dethstalker and one other person had 4 people voting for them, dethstalker would get lynched, due to having one extra vote). Or was it just a show of a vote? (So in my example, the votals would actually be tied, even though dethstalker had one extra vote?)
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 am UTC

EBWOP:

That was in reference to Boomfrogs question re: Bard.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 am UTC

Madge wrote:Also whoever said 2-2 might not be fair on scum: I agree but I feel like having 3-2 would be less fair on the smaller scumteam, so I think N-2-2-1 with a nerfed SK (as I believe I proposed in my post), or something like a mini-cult (cult leader with only one acolyte max, if one dies the remaining can recruit another until a certain point in the game - don't recall if cults are a possibility here, but it's just an example), mafia traitor, or you know, lyncher.

Alignment changing roles were explicitly ruled out by mpolo.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue May 23, 2017 3:44 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:In that quoted post from Hamlet, what did you mean when you were saying that you couldn't play against your wincon? Why did you choose the soliloquy where Hamlet was contemplating suicide?
Well all right then. I’m really impressed that you know your Hamlet, which is my favorite play. I’m really disappointed that you’re taking away one of the things I was most enjoying about this game. But to paraphrase Boomfrog, it’s time to stop getting distracted and find scum. My post restriction is optional. My vote on Gopher of Pern is not.

Vote: dimochka

Unvote: dimochka

Now dimochka is free to vote for whomever he wants.

LaserGuy wrote:I'm not sure what you're getting at. You didn't know at the time that I wouldn't be around to post.
Look at the timestamps for post 18. You weren’t going to be posting after me.

LaserGuy wrote:Interesting also that despite claiming people shouldn't be evaluating your content based on SDK's claim about you, your instinct was to wait for him to come around and defend you.
Um, do you really think that the reason I want to see SDK’s response to the last three pages of posts that he’s been away for, is that I want him to rescue me?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Does anyone think it likely there is scum between Sabrar(Znirk) and Laserguy?

Gopher of Pern wrote:...and I'm feeling ok about laserguy.

Wait what? Why did you ask the first question if you don't actually think LaserGuy is scum?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Does anyone think it likely there is scum between Sabrar(Znirk) and Laserguy?

Gopher of Pern wrote:...and I'm feeling ok about laserguy.

Wait what? Why did you ask the first question if you don't actually think LaserGuy is scum?

Umm...because other people might?

The theory is that scum would off people who were onto them. Both jimbob and Sabrar died, and both jimbob and Sabrar had Laserguy and Znirk as possible scum. Ergo, a high chance that one or both of them are scum, if scum killed off people that were onto scum. I'm asking if the theory has any merit, rather than particular reads on both of them.

Just going from my own thoughts, I don't think Laserguy is scum, and I'm unsure of Sabrar(Znirk). But others may have different opinions.

Why did you find that hard to parse?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 23, 2017 5:07 am UTC

Votals

Gopher of Pern (1): SirGabriel
dimochka (1): dimochka
bessie (1): LaserGuy
BoomFrog (2): SDK, Gopher of Pern
Madge (1): #HBC | YOLOSWAG

DethStalker's one automatic vote was a fully-fledged vote, and could have led to his hammering or broken a tie.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Going off today, I've been less sure of Sabrar, they do seem to be acting slightly differently.
Could you be a bit more specific?

Gopher of Pern wrote:The theory is that scum would off people who were onto them. Both jimbob and Sabrar died, and both jimbob and Sabrar had Laserguy and Znirk as possible scum.
Don't know if this is laziness or deliberate misdirection.
1. Znirk was expected to be modkilled. At that point it doesn't matter who found them scummy.
2. LaserGuy was found scummy by BoomFrog (most scummy), SDK (most scummy), bessie (2nd scummiest), jimbob (2nd scummiest) and myself (2nd scummiest). Your theory above needs to explain why specifically we were killed and why not one of the others. Also you have LaserGuy as town so I don't think this is relevant anyway.

DGames | Bard

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:I've been crumbing this all game, so it's legit. Cat's honor!
Could you highlight how you have been doing this, please. I don't have time to check this out myself.

@Bard: did you answer the above?

I haven't! But I will now since it's relevant again:

Basically, if you check pre-game, I mention that there is a je ne se qouis about Laserguy. Afterwards, I very incessantly refer to him as my lord or my king, and say things like "I would not dare quarrel with thee," and so on. Right from the start, I was giving Laserguy very cordial treatment and never once mentioned that he could be scum, etc. (I would pull up quotes but I am currently on my phone).

As for GoP, whom also seems to be a king from the lore, I have not referred to him the same way as I have referred to Laserguy. This shouldn't come as a surprise though to an extent since, in the lore, my character appears to be exceptionally loyal to Laserguy's role. I won't say that flavor is truly indicative of anything in any mafia game, but it somewhat supports my claim I suppose.

Either way, I have to protect my King!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:09 am UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:This shouldn't come as a surprise though to an extent since, in the lore, my character appears to be exceptionally loyal to Laserguy's role.
Why can't it be that you were simply role-playing your character and later decided to use it as 'support' for your claim?

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:13 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Bard: Who was most suspicious of you at the end of D1?

@Sabrar: After he answers if you have some data on that I'd like to know what you recorded.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure, I'd have to double check. I remember Yoloswag being suspicious of me, but I can't be certain as to whether or not he is merely being cautious considering our many dances of lore, or if it's something else. He seems to believe me regarding Laserguy though?

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Going off today, I've been less sure of Sabrar, they do seem to be acting slightly differently.
Could you be a bit more specific?

Gopher of Pern wrote:The theory is that scum would off people who were onto them. Both jimbob and Sabrar died, and both jimbob and Sabrar had Laserguy and Znirk as possible scum.
Don't know if this is laziness or deliberate misdirection.
1. Znirk was expected to be modkilled. At that point it doesn't matter who found them scummy.
2. LaserGuy was found scummy by BoomFrog (most scummy), SDK (most scummy), bessie (2nd scummiest), jimbob (2nd scummiest) and myself (2nd scummiest). Your theory above needs to explain why specifically we were killed and why not one of the others. Also you have LaserGuy as town so I don't think this is relevant anyway.

Not really, atm. Maybe you are slightly more antagonistic? I'm just getting the same feeling as I did in previous games with you. Not enough to vote, but enough to keep an eye on.

Expected to be modkilled? It was a possibility, sure, but I wouldn't say expected. And I was posting that possibility more as a musing. I myself don't put much stock into reasons for scum to kill off people, especially after one day, but others seem to. I myself prefer to kill based on guided random chance.

I'm more confident on Boomfrog and bessie at the moment.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 am UTC

@LaserGuy: could you please explain why you had YOLOSWAG as your top Town on D1?

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:This shouldn't come as a surprise though to an extent since, in the lore, my character appears to be exceptionally loyal to Laserguy's role.
Why can't it be that you were simply role-playing your character and later decided to use it as 'support' for your claim?

True, that was the initial guise, so I won't argue the certainty of it.

The thing is, I don't actually know the lore of the Shakespearean story we are taking a part of except for the relationship my character shares with laserguy. I did very brief research on it, so any other relationships that my character had with anyone else in the lore wouldn't be addressed in role play whatsoever. I did not roleplay towards anyone else in the play in the fashion that I addressed Herr Laserguy, so I believe the credibility of my claim is at least fair in this regard.

Do you doubt the validity of my claim, given your most recent line of questioning?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 am UTC

At this point I doubt everything, some things more than others. Your claim felt rightTM when it was made.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: could you please explain why you had YOLOSWAG as your top Town on D1?

That list is mostly based off of my reads from this post. Specifically, I wrote of him:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG - I am pleased to see that YOLO is more engaged with the early stages of the game than our prior encounter. I feel like there is a genuine effort being made to figure things out. Hopefully he will be able to most more detailed content before Day's end, but I see no reason to doubt towniness at this point in time.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue May 23, 2017 7:36 am UTC

Reads, alphabetical, incomplete.

BoomFrog as The Fool
He is having trouble getting a solid scum read on anyone, and this is one reason I trust his reads, even if I do not agree with them all. Madge was partially correct with her observation that were I a person that did not take my commitment to the rules I agreed to when I signed up seriously, I might keep you around for my own entertainment regardless of your alignment because I find your posts enjoyable. But I think that even if I believed you to be scum, I would still keep you around a bit longer because you would probably flush out the other scum for us.

DGames | Bard as the Earl of Kent
Claims to have indication in his role pm that LaserGuy is town. Most of his D1 suspicion was focused on Gopher of Pern (continues with this D2). Starts pushing on YOLOSWAG D2 for his reasons for his reads. Bard, most of the lurkers (dimochka, Madge, kalira) have posted, and SDK and YOLOSWAG won’t be back until tomorrow. Please post what reads you have. I am especially interested in your reads because they should be less influenced by the players’ metas than most of us. I like your read of Gopher of Pern and have a town lean on you. But if you were not an experienced player I would be seriously questioning whether or not you were interpreting your role PM correctly re LaserGuy.

dimochka as Cordelia
Agreed D1 with almost all his reads here. Do not disagree with any of this.

Freezeblade/kalira as the Duke of Cornwall
freezeblade - had D1 low content due to RL issues, some setup spec, only player read was noncommittal on SDK.
kalira - made a good analysis post here but is only through D1 and I think some of her reads may change once she gets completely caught up so I will probably need to return to kalira later. Some things of note:
kalira wrote:RE: bessie’s not responding to SDK’s “outing” her as town sooner, she claimed it was because she responds to things as they come to her. I have to imagine in a case where it seems someone has one-sided information about her, that it would be very appealing as something to talk about as soon as possible, so I wonder why she didn’t do so earlier. Then again, I have to ask myself whether scum!bessie would make such a misstep as to ignore an opening to seem more townie by pushing back against SDK.
If you want me to comment on this after you are caught up, let me know.
kalira wrote:LaserGuy, can you explain why you would unvote here? It seemed curious, to use your own turn of phrase. (I don’t particularly care about the mechanics of your vote in this instance; I’m interested in why you would call out a mistake/slip on Znirk’s part and then unvote him, especially when he just voted for you.)
I would like LaserGuy to answer this too.

Gopher of Pern as King Lear
I’m reading through his comments on me, and it’s like reading LaserGuy.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Plytho, do you really think if dethstalker was my scumbuddy I'd defend him like this? I'd be more likely to do something like bessie, try to coach them into better play.
LaserGuy wrote:It's not that you tried to help him out. It's the manner in which you were trying to help him out, as well as the commentary surrounding him.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, why do you think that you needed to move laserguys vote from Boomfrog to yourself? Boomfrog was in no danger of lynch. At that stage he had two votes.
LaserGuy wrote:Given that you were reading him as your scummiest read, and were worried enough about scum manipulating the lynch that you moved my vote off of BoomFrog, why didn't you vote?

Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, I feel you are being very nitpicky about your townieness.
LaserGuy wrote:She spends a surprising amount of time making snarky commentary at people as well as lampshading the fact that she's scum hiding under her townie meta.

Gopher of Pern wrote:SDK I'm unsure of, which is relatively normal. His reputation precedes him, which means his outing of bessie doesn't speak to his townieness.
LaserGuy wrote: I don't know where SDK fits in... it's hard to imagine him not also being your scumbuddy, but I guess it's possible that he has a spectacularly odd role that would allow this.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I was commenting on the fact you seem to be picking on very minor details, to the detriment of the game.
LaserGuy wrote:You've had time to do setup speculation, read the entrails of the dead, compose this, complain about how everyone is reading you unfairly as town, and talk about the bar scene.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I've come to a similar conclusion to laserguy. There is definitely something going on with bessie. I would like to hear from SDK re: his almost confirmation of her as town. Bessie is being overly defensive about being called town.
LaserGuy wrote:Given that I'm casing you as scum, I would think that would be obvious. But frankly, I think you're far too concerned with how other people are reading you.

I think that's all of Gopher's comments on me, and LaserGuy has recycled them all in his own reads. Gopher of Pern, your reads seem to have heavily influenced LaserGuy. Why do you think he is following you?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG as the Doctor
Putting off until tomorrow.

LaserGuy as the King of France
What’s your opinion of Gopher of Pern?

Madge as Oswald
See this post. She has made two posts since mine. I’m not seeing any particularly townie content in either of them, but in a way that makes me question my read of her because I feel that scum!Madge would be doing a little better. And Madge, per Game-Specific Rule #12, there are no alignment changing mechanisms. I’ll come back to Madge tomorrow, hopefully she will have time to post some content.

@Madge (off topic)
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:Bessie traffic lights going out arrgh you need some UPSes or something up in there but seriously I had a visceral reaction to that :O
Sorry about that! I was thinking about the game when it happened so I actually thought of you. I know you were working on something with intersections. Anyway I was thinking about this when I was driving to work this morning, how the grid went down and people just ran through dead lights without stopping, when I got on the freeway and it was after rush hour so the lights on the on-ramp were already off. Anyway, it made me wonder if we are conditioning people to drive through traffic lights that are powered off! What do you think? For any spectators that are wondering what we are talking about, Madge has the very interesting job of traffic engineer, and I am totally fascinated by it.

plytho as Goneril
I don’t feel his D2 content has been as townie as his D1 content, but for now I’m putting it down to the absences over the weekend (including his) making D2 difficult to analyze. I will need to think about him a bit, but for I don’t see anything that concerns me.

SDK as Edgar
Tomorrow.

SirGabriel as the Earl of Gloucester
Good analysis post when he finally got to it. I already pointed out that I liked his read on Madge. I’m not seeing the LaserGuy-DethStalker connection, but I think I agree with everything else in his post.

Znirk/Sabrar as a Servant
Znirk - didn’t have enough D1 content to get a real read, I just had a slightly scummy lean because his analysis was more focused on trying to figure out setup than scum.
Sabrar - I already mentioned here his D2 content doesn’t feel the same to me as his D1 content but there could be reasons. I probably need to come back to him tomorrow. He’s not someone I would lynch anyway unless I was pretty certain of his scumminess for similar reasons to those I gave for BoomFrog. He drives a lot of content as town or scum (but not as much today as I would have expected, which actually makes me wonder if he is scum that hasn’t has chat yet because he replaced).

Ninja'd by lots and lots because this took a while. Will read after posting.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:47 am UTC

Hmmmm, a read list, huh? Aiyaaaaaaaah.

Ok, I will do one soon since many people have asked me. Either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Time to get my feet dirty I guess. :<

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:59 am UTC

@Bard: deadline is on Wednesday. Might be a bit late by then.

bessie wrote:He drives a lot of content as town or scum (but not as much today as I would have expected, which actually makes me wonder if he is scum that hasn’t has chat yet because he replaced).
Don't know what metric you use to judge that but my top two picks for scum are unfortunately AWOL for the weekend (like Commander Shepard ignores the main quest for doing silly side missions in the Universe). Meanwhile I'm very interested in the Bard-LaserGuy-Gopher of Pern-BoomFrog-bessie drama that is building up and that doesn't seem to need me to drive additional content.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am UTC

bessie wrote:plytho as Goneril
I don’t feel his D2 content has been as townie as his D1 content, but for now I’m putting it down to the absences over the weekend (including his) making D2 difficult to analyze. I will need to think about him a bit, but for I don’t see anything that concerns me.
Why is the absence of many players a factor in your read on plytho but not mentioned with regards to me, me, me?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 am UTC

bessie wrote:
kalira wrote:LaserGuy, can you explain why you would unvote here? It seemed curious, to use your own turn of phrase. (I don’t particularly care about the mechanics of your vote in this instance; I’m interested in why you would call out a mistake/slip on Znirk’s part and then unvote him, especially when he just voted for you.)

I would like LaserGuy to answer this too.

I was voting SDK at the time, IIRC. Znirk voted for me, which automatically moved my vote from SDK to Znirk. I didn't really want to vote Znirk, so I unvoted him when I had the opportunity.

bessie wrote:Gopher of Pern as King Lear
I’m reading through his comments on me, and it’s like reading LaserGuy.

I'm impressed at your ability to ignore the bulk of my read and focus on superficial similarities between what I've seen and what Gopher has. I'm not sure why would you be surprised that multiple people reading your content might find some similar criticisms though.

I'm still waiting for answers to these:
LaserGuy wrote:In that quoted post from Hamlet, what did you mean when you were saying that you couldn't play against your wincon? Why did you choose the soliloquy where Hamlet was contemplating suicide?

LaserGuy wrote:And? Why does Town!bessie care about whether or not you're at the top of everyone's list? How does this entire tangent help town? If people are correctly reading you as town, that's a good thing, and not something you should be worried about.

LaserGuy wrote:Given that you were reading him as your scummiest read, and were worried enough about scum manipulating the lynch that you moved my vote off of BoomFrog, why didn't you vote?

and I'll add one more:
bessie wrote:Um, do you really think that the reason I want to see SDK’s response to the last three pages of posts that he’s been away for, is that I want him to rescue me?

Why was your preference to wait until he returned before replying to me then?

bessie wrote:LaserGuy as the King of France
What’s your opinion of Gopher of Pern?

I dislike his early suggestion about claiming vote manipulation powers, though on the whole, I think this is the kind of mistake that Town!Gopher could well have made (as did jimbob). More troubling to me is his aggression toward BoomFrog, which I think is mostly unjustified, particularly as I suspect BoomFrog is likely town. As far as you are concerned, I think he's focusing on the wrong aspect of your behaviour. The problem isn't that you're overly defensive about being called town; the problem is that entire argument is specious. You shouldn't be arguing about how townie people think you are because it isn't relevant to the task of finding scum.

On content, looks somewhat scummy. On meta, a number of players who I feel have good reads on Gopher seem to think he's probably okay. Gut feeling is he'd probably fall on the scummy side of neutral. I'll try to get to a full reread of everyone tomorrow and have a more concrete town-to-scum list.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 am UTC

EBWOP: For what it's worth, I would personally be in favor of an extension till Thursday (actually, ideally I'd be in favor of extending Days to a full week, but that may be too much to ask). We seem to have a lot of people who are away on weekends which makes the play very disjointed.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho as Goneril
Why is the absence of many players a factor in your read on plytho but not mentioned with regards to me, me, me?

1. Well, plytho was one of the absences, you weren’t. plytho said he would be busy over the weekend and following on his phone, and I took that to imply his intention was to read to keep up, and that he wouldn’t be doing any heavy thinking about it. You were actively participating, even though you were separated from your spreadsheet. (I just checked and he did make quick one post.)

2. You have more experience. This is his third game. So with only half the data (players) to work with he wouldn’t have as much experience filling in the gaps, so I cut him some slack there.

3. I did not take in to account that your two main scum reads were unavailable for you to grill. This was my oversight because you did say you wanted to push YOLOSWAG today.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 11:06 am UTC

Might be time to do this.

YOLOSWAG's D1 content revolves around trying to dictate the lynch, thereby avoiding the spotlight (not the wisest move when performing for an audience). He has no townie-reads at all, just 'nulls' and players whose lynch he would be happy with.

D2 this trend continues exactly as before, coupled with his mistake due to the 2 scum-teams.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Whatever happened to freezeblade? One minute.....
All of the above and this quote shows that he does not follow the thread closely and does not put enough effort into it because he already knows who his allies are.

I'm hoping to lynch YOLOSWAG today, hopefully the night will produce results about the drama building up in the active part of our actors.

kalira

Postby kalira » Tue May 23, 2017 12:40 pm UTC

I have been called in to a suuuuuper quick suspense project at work, so I can't give the attention to the analysis I wanted today or tomorrow. I will do a quicker read and try to summarize thoughts on D1 reads and D2 when I get home, but apparently we're all staying late for this :(

I would be very on board for an extension if anyone else is interested in it!
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm UTC

I would be okay with a 24 hour extension.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 pm UTC

Vote: #HBC | YOLOSWAG

Found the time to reread BoomFrog and Gopher of Pern, former looks okay, there are small pings coming from GoP but nothing definite.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I would be okay with a 24 hour extension.

Me too.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue May 23, 2017 4:02 pm UTC

Sup guys. I'm headed up to NY today but will have time tonight to post.

Quick question though. Does the D2 opening flavor specify who killed who? Like does it specify which specific scum killed each innocent?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

I think majority agrees that it does. Seems like former me was killed by the normal scum, jimbob by the supernatutal.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:YOLOSWAG's D1 content revolves around trying to dictate the lynch, thereby avoiding the spotlight (not the wisest move when performing for an audience). He has no townie-reads at all, just 'nulls' and players whose lynch he would be happy with.

D2 this trend continues exactly as before, coupled with his mistake due to the 2 scum-teams.
All of the above and this quote shows that he does not follow the thread closely and does not put enough effort into it because he already knows who his allies are.

I'm hoping to lynch YOLOSWAG today, hopefully the night will produce results about the drama building up in the active part of our actors.
Swag.

Vote: YOLOSWAG
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Sabrar wrote:YOLOSWAG's D1 content revolves around trying to dictate the lynch, thereby avoiding the spotlight (not the wisest move when performing for an audience). He has no townie-reads at all, just 'nulls' and players whose lynch he would be happy with.

Swag.

Vote: YOLOSWAG

While I understand that swagvoting YOLO makes some kind of sense, I'd like to hear why you think he's scum now.

Do you have any other scumreads? You didn't here:
BoomFrog wrote:Town
-secret club members-
dimochka
Madge
freezeblade

-seem townie-
bessie - Acting just as a townie Bessie should. Sorry :p Could you try to find some scum though instead of being bored?
Gopher of Pern - even if I don't agree with him, I understand where he's coming from and he's right to be suspicious of me and SDK in general.
LaserGuy - focuses on the wrong things but perhaps that is just because he's relatively new. When trying to uncover a secret, ask yourself, is this something that it's good for town to know or good for scum to know? Not all secrets are bad.
Bard - A reckless move to protect LaserGuy if he is scum as the other team could kill LaserGuy and foil the plan. If Laser is town and Bard is scum then Bard is likely not buddies with DethStalker. The only sensible world with non-town Bard is if LaserGuy is supernatural SK and bard is a secret (and desperate) supporter but town!Bard is more likely.

plytho - Style pings me as town again. But only barely. Plytho: Who do you find scummiest right now? Who would you shot if you had to kill someone right now?
YOLOSWAG - Not mundane mafia, he hit dethstalker too hard for that. Possible supernatural mafia. Needs observation because he holds his cards so close to his chest it's hard to get a read on him. If you're town, please show your thinking a bit more, so I can read you and know I can trust you late game. Who are your four scummiest reads? Anybody you think might be buddies?
New Sabrar- Nothing redeeming has come from him D2 except defending me from SDK. Which, actually, is pretty redeeming.

SirGabriel - Low content but reasonable logic in what he does post. Put dethstalker third from bottom in initial read list so that's something but not much. Needs more content, but off to a good start D2.
SDK - Discussed ad nauseam already.

Scum

So that leaves me with no scum at all. PoE would be SirGabriel, but that's a lazy lurker lynch, I don't trust it. I'm making a wrong assumption somewhere here. It's getting too late and I've spent two hours rereading so I'll have to find scum tomorrow. I also can't figure out why JimBob was killed.

Do you think New Sabrar is townie now? Did he move up in your list? I'm asking because beside 'swag' all you have in that post is Sabrar's argument.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

A quick list off the top of my head! More or less Towniest to Scumiest list.

Town bros:
-------
Bard
Laserguy

Cool cat:
-------
Plytho

Feel good about:
-------
Bessie
Sir Gabriel
Sabrar (although this is more reflective of his D1 play, his D2 play seems not quite the same but I can't quite put my finger on it yet. I still think his content is generally OK for the most part).

What the deuce:
-------
SDK

I don't have strong opinions on:
-------
Yoloswag
Boomfrog
Madge

Would be ok with compromising to them due to a lack of activity:
-------
Dimochka (I believe I read somewhere that he has a restriction of sorts, not sure what it is):
Freezeblade's replacement

Probable scum:
-------
Gopher (I need to read over his most recent posts though).

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

I would swap Boomfrog with Yoloswag, but that might be cognitive bias since Yolo pretty much disappeared at what I feel was a critical moment for pressure building up on him, and Boomfrog has been more active than him since and has responded to pressure a lot better.

I really want Yoloswag to come clean and explain himself a bit more, as well as answer my earlier question.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

I see three or four calls for extension, and certainly there were a lot of people away over the weekend. Is there consensus?
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 pm UTC

Reads list:

bessie: Nothing more to say here for the moment. Likely scum.

BoomFrog: Feels townie to me. Still like the poetry. Not going to comment on his interaction with SDK at this time since I'd rather wait for the latter to return. Explicitly linking himself to Madge, noted for later when either flips.

DGames | Bard: D1 content was fairly light. Got into the action fairly late, spent some time reviewing bessie/SDK and commenting on DethStalker (reading correctly as newbie scum). I think that his revealing his relationship with me was warranted under the circumstances--there was little time left in the Day and there was a wagon starting to form on me. I certainly believed that there was a decent chance I'd be lynched D1.

One striking thing about his content is that he has generally focused his attention on a few specific players (breadcrumbing toward me, tunneling Gopher, plus some commentary on bessie/SDK/DethStalker). I would definitely like to see some more thorough analysis on other players from him. Townie.

dimochka: Reads are concise and seem well thought out. Low content is still a problem here though. This night kill analysis in the spoiler of this post seems very garbled to me and feels like a lot of wine. Going to leave him as neutral, needs to post more.

freezeblade/kalira: D1 content is very light, and I feel that the bits that freezeblade did manage to contribute seem to be focused on very trivial matters. It's possible that this is a symptom of his IRL issues that made him unable to participate, I suppose.

kalira is so far still working her way through the early content. Most of what I see looks very good so far, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what she's written. Marking as townie for the moment.

Gopher of Pern: I did a recent reread of him in response to bessie here. Scum lean.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG: I found him looking townie in the middle part of D1 when I first read him in detail. He's one of the players I've been really meaning to come back to since there's a lot of things in his content that I haven't liked.

He makes this comment in the middle of D1:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I'm seriously thinking we may just have to wagon people relentlessly tomorrow to get some life into this game.

which I actually kind of agreed with at the time as a plausible course of action considering all of the lurkers we were dealing with. It's curious to me that not only does he apparently decide against this course of action, but actually never moves his (unexplained) vote off of DethStalker.

I'm bothered by this: this:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:If there is a vig, please shoot one of [DethStalker/freezeblade/Znirk/Madge].

considering that he's arguing for shooting these players for inactivity rather than scumminess.

I've commented on this already, but his D2 wagon analysis is really weird. Even in a game with a single scumteam, it wouldn't be at all surprising for there to be at least one scum bussing the wagon in a situation like this. In a multiball game, this analysis makes no sense at all, and it's very strange that YOLO didn't pick up on this inconsistency. Moving him into the scummy pile. I'd be fine lynching him today.

Madge: Madge's D1 content looks pretty scummy. This reads list makes no sense at all to me, and basically has a neutral read down on nearly everyone, including some of her scum picks and her townies.

I feel on the whole like she's disclosing too much information about her abilities unnecessarily. This, and a few other things she's mentioned, though, strike me more as towntells. Going to mark her as neutral pending further content.

plytho: D1/early D2 content looks pretty decent. His poking at Gopher regarding DethStalker felt townie, and he was the only person who followed up on Gopher's comment about DethStalker lynch being "very informative" if he flipped scum. [ninja]I see that bessie also followed up on this.[/ninja]

In his reads list, there's a couple of things I find a bit suspect:
-He marks both SDK and bessie as possibly town-aligned indies. This characterization both seems rather specific and rather unjustified. What about their behaviour makes him believe that they are independents? Are they connected town-aligned indies?
-He reads YOLO's D2 shenanigans as townie.
-He doesn't see why Town!Madge would volunteer extra information about her role, but Town!Carlington did exactly the same thing last game (though I'm not sure how much he was following along after he died).

I'd like to hear some more about these matters. Marking as slight scum lean for now.

Znirk/Sabrar: Znirk's D1 content is essentially null. On a couple of reads he dropped comments of the "I will explain later", which unfortunately, now he can't. Sabrar has no additional info here. Fine.

D2, he spends a lot of time analyzing the night kills. Claims to have been intentionally avoiding getting involved in some of the brewing conflicts, which is interesting, though he's spent his time productively following up other leads. His reads list looks quite similar to my own, and I agree with his case against YOLO. Town lean.

SDK: End of day he seemed to be looking for an alternative wagon to DethStalker as a compromise lynch. Asks around about Madge, and when nobody bites he cases BoomFrog as scum, though it's so late in the day that there is no movement. As noted above, I'm going to withhold comment about SDK vs. BoomFrog until they've had the chance to post a bit more though. Starts the day following up on BoomFrog, but is V/LA before anything really comes of it.

Marking as scum mostly because I think bessie is scum. I can envision plausible scenarios for Town!SDK or Indie!SDK with info on Scum!bessie, but the most likely scenario is both are co-aligned scum.

SirGabriel: A lot of people picked up on this post as being scummy for him not considering other options re: SDK/bessie, but I think for the most part his explanation, follow-up, and conclusion here don't seem to stand out as problematic to me.

His analysis post, looks okay. Forgetting that Bard confirmed me as town seems a bit strange.

Town lean for now, needs to post more.

Town
LaserGuy
Bard
freezeblade/kalira
BoomFrog
Znirk/Sabrar
SirGabriel
Madge
dimochka
plytho
Gopher
SDK
YOLOSWAG
bessie
Scum

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

IRL:
Spoiler:
I've had an all day meeting in a second language (English) where most of the other people weren't native speakers either so my brain is a bit mushy now (among other thing we talked about GLOSA, which Madge might know about).

Right now I'm trying to see if I missed anything before or after my reads list.

Regarding the following exchange (first 4 posts): I'm not suspecting bessie, nor SDK at the moment. But Sabrar is right that if we want to lynch either of them SDK seems like the best target. Even if his flip won't necessarily confirm bessie as town, at least we'll understand what he was talking about.

dimochka wrote:4. @madge - 2-2 teams seem possible, but too weak in my opinion. Agree with boomfrog that this feels off. Normally I'd have madge as likely town given her content so far (or rather not scum), but since we have two scum teams, she could be scum blocked by the other scum team.

Are you saying madge feels townie because she claimed to be roleblocked?

@Madge, I know you're apologizing in this very post but why did you think that was important enough to share? Knowing that bessie can defend herself and you're running behind on the thread?

bessie wrote:Vote: dimochka

Unvote: dimochka

Now dimochka is free to vote for whomever he wants.

Why do you think so? (Did I miss something?)

LaserGuy wrote:plytho: D1/early D2 content looks pretty decent. His poking at Gopher regarding DethStalker felt townie, and he was the only person who followed up on Gopher's comment about DethStalker lynch being "very informative" if he flipped scum. [ninja]I see that bessie also followed up on this.[/ninja]

In his reads list, there's a couple of things I find a bit suspect:
-He marks both SDK and bessie as possibly town-aligned indies. This characterization both seems rather specific and rather unjustified. What about their behaviour makes him believe that they are independents? Are they connected town-aligned indies?
-He reads YOLO's D2 shenanigans as townie.
-He doesn't see why Town!Madge would volunteer extra information about her role, but Town!Carlington did exactly the same thing last game (though I'm not sure how much he was following along after he died).

I'd like to hear some more about these matters. Marking as slight scum lean for now.

-On SDK and bessie: The town-aligned indie read is more a was of saying I can't read them than a very specific and confident read.
-I don't read YOLO's D2 stuff as townie. I feel he had almost no content D2 and I was demoting him from D1 townie to neutral basically giving him time to provide some good D2 content when he got back. It was more an extension of my D1 town read on him.
-I don't recall that at all. I do seem to remember that town lost badly so perhaps it wasn't a good move :)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:53 pm UTC

plytho wrote:-On SDK and bessie: The town-aligned indie read is more a was of saying I can't read them than a very specific and confident read.

This is a very strange way of saying you can't read someone. Why not just say "I don't have a good read on them" or "seems neutral to me"? You have other people (SirGabriel, kalira, BoomFrog) marked as neutrals. What makes bessie/SDK stand out as different to you?

plytho wrote:-I don't recall that at all. I do seem to remember that town lost badly so perhaps it wasn't a good move :)

It wasn't a good move. Carlington was lynched that day. That doesn't mean that townies don't do this sort of thing now and then anyway.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:-On SDK and bessie: The town-aligned indie read is more a was of saying I can't read them than a very specific and confident read.

This is a very strange way of saying you can't read someone. Why not just say "I don't have a good read on them" or "seems neutral to me"? You have other people (SirGabriel, kalira, BoomFrog) marked as neutrals. What makes bessie/SDK stand out as different to you?

Yeah, sorry, I was in a hurry when I typed that. I'll try to explain it better in an hour or so.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 23, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:-I don't recall that at all. I do seem to remember that town lost badly so perhaps it wasn't a good move :)

It wasn't a good move. Carlington was lynched that day. That doesn't mean that townies don't do this sort of thing now and then anyway.

That's a weird argument. Are you saying I should ignore things that look scummy because sometimes townies do those things (and get lynched for it, in your example)?

Return to “Mafia”