Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang (RESULTS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang (RESULTS)

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:12 am UTC

I'm hoping that this is the less confusing of two options - this is a fresh attempt to run the game, and this thread should be considered null and void.

Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang - or 2R1B1B - is a game of Two Rooms and a Boom with a slightly more complicated roleset than the practice game run here some time ago. The included roles are:

Blue Team
President
Doctor
President's Daughter
Nurse
(Vanilla) Blue Team members as necessary

Red Team
Bomber
Engineer
Martyr
Tinker
(Vanilla) Red Team members as necessary

Grey (unaligned)
Sniper
Target
Decoy
Gambler (if necessary)

The minimum player count for the game is 11. The game will be run in Turbo-style - short rounds with hard deadlines.

Sign-ups will be open as soon as I post the sign-up list, and will close at 11:00PM UTC on Sunday, June 11. The game will start at 12:00AM UTC on Monday, June 12 and will end at 12:00AM UTC on Thursday, June 29.

Following posts will include rules for playing the game, and descriptions of the roles. In addition, I will note the schedule for game rounds.
Last edited by ConMan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang (sign-up v2)

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:13 am UTC

Basic 2R1B Rules:
Spoiler:
1. There are two main factions in the game - the Red Team and the Blue Team. Each player will be randomly assigned a role that is either aligned with one team, or the other, or is unaligned.

2. One player on the Blue Team is the President, and one player on the Red Team is the Bomber. If the President is alive at the end of the game, all players on the Blue Team win. If the Bomber successfully kills the President, all players on the Red Team win. Players not on either team will have their own individual win conditions as described by their role and they may win independently of either team.

3. At the start of the game, players are allocated to two "rooms", represented on this forum by separate game threads. Players in the same room have various means of communicating with each other (described below), but players in different rooms cannot communicate.

4. In each room, one player will be appointed as "Leader". At the end of each round, the Leader will choose a fixed number of "hostages" to send to the other room, after which the next round begins.

5. The game ends after the last hostage exchange. At that point, roles are revealed and winners determined.

Forum 2R1B Rules:
Spoiler:
6. Don’t talk about the game anywhere except in the current room that you are located, or in an appropriately labelled spoiler in the discussion thread. New threads will be created each round, so do not post in old threads. When the round timer runs out, you may not post in any game threads until the start of the next round.

7. Game actions (including card shares and leader votes) should always be written in bold, on a new line. For example:
Offer card share with ConMan
Text written in bold must be true and binding (e.g. you cannot lie about your role in a reveal, and you cannot accept an offer and then not uphold your side of the deal).

8. Private communications with other players and the mod should start with the appropriate context in bold, followed by the text in a spoiler. For example,
Whisper ConMan
[ spoiler ]Message to ConMan would go here [ /spoiler ]
Do not read spoilers you are not privy to - this game will be run on an honour system, but suspected cases of cheating may result in mod action.

9. Public reveals: You may reveal your team, or your entire role, to the room that you are in. To do so, post a message in the following format:
Public colour reveal: I am red or
Public reveal: I am the Bomber

10. Private reveals: You may reveal your team, or your entire role, to another player in the same room. To do so, post a message in the following format:
Private colour reveal to ConMan or
Private reveal to ConMan
followed by a spoiler with the appropriate information in bold.

11. Card/colour shares: You may propose a two-way, private colour or role reveal with another player in the same room. To do so, post a message in the thread as follows:
Offer colour share with ConMan
Offer card share with ConMan

You may reject a share offer by posting in the thread as follows:
Reject card share with ConMan
Or, you may accept the offer by posting in the thread as follows:
Accept card share with ConMan
followed by a spoiler containing your colour/role in bold. The player making the offer must respond with a spoiler addressed to you containing their own colour/role as soon as possible, and before posting any other discussion in the thread.

12. Appointing a Leader: If the room you are in has no Leader, you may immediately apoint anyone in the room except yourself by posting
Appoint ConMan as Leader

13. Abdicating: If you are the Leader of the room, you may abdicate to another player by posting:
Abdicate Leader to ConMan
If your proposed replacement accepts, they immediately become Leader and they may not abdicate Leadership back to you in the same round.

14. Changing Leader: Any player may propose a change of Leadership by posting:
Vote ConMan as Leader
If more than half the players in the room vote for the same player, that player immediately becomes Leader. You may vote for yourself.

15. You may withdraw an unaccepted share offer or a vote at any time by posting an appropriate bolded message in the thread.

16. Before the end of the round, the room Leader must post a spoiler, directed to the mod, listing the hostages to send to the other room. Multiple such spoilers may be posted, but only the last valid list will count. The Leader may not send themselves as a hostage.

17. Each round after the first, the previous round's Leader automatically remains Leader. At the start of each round, the mod will also announce a "default Leader", selected randomly for each room, who will be immediately appointed at the end of the round in the event that there is no Leader in the room. Similarly, the mod will announce a list of "default hostages" who will be sent to the other room if the Leader does not post their list before the end of the round.

18. This game will be played like a Turbo. Round end times are final (no extensions), replacements will be made between rounds as necessary.

19. There will be five rounds, of decreasing length. A full list of round lengths and number of hostages to exchange will be posted further down in this thread.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 am UTC

Roles:
Spoiler:
The following roles will definitely be in the game:

You are the Sniper. Your card is Grey. At the end of the game, before roles are revealed, you must name a person to shoot (they do not have to be in the same room as you). If you name the Target, you win.

You are the Target. Your card is Grey. If the Sniper targets you, you lose. Otherwise, you win.

You are the Decoy. Your card is Grey. If the Sniper targets you, you win.

The following roles will also definitely be in the game, but one role may be buried (i.e. not assigned to a player):

You are the President. You are on the Blue Team, and you win if the President (that's you) is alive at the end of the game. You die (and your team loses) if:
  • You fail to card share with the Doctor by the end of the game.
  • The Bomber has card shared with the Engineer, and is in the same room as you at the end of the game.

You are the Doctor. You are on the Blue Team, and you win if the President is alive at the end of the game. The President dies (and your team loses) if:
  • You fail to card share with the President by the end of the game.
  • The Bomber has card shared with the Engineer, and is in the same room as the President at the end of the game.

You are the Bomber. You are on the Red Team, who win if your bomb kills the President. If you card share with the Engineer, then at the end of the game your bomb goes off and kills everyone in the same room. Try to make sure that includes the President.

You are the Engineer. You are on the Red Team, who win if the Bomber kills the President. If you card share with the Bomber, then at the end of the game their bomb goes off and kills everyone in the same room as them, hopefully including the President.

You are the President's Daughter. You are on the Blue Team, and win if the President is alive at the end of the game. The President dies (and your team loses) if:
  • The Doctor fails to card share with the President by the end of the game.
  • The Bomber has card shared with the Engineer, and is in the same room as the President at the end of the game.
If the President is the buried card, you are the President.

You are the Nurse. You are on the Blue Team, and win if the President is alive at the end of the game. The President dies (and your team loses) if:
If the Doctor is the buried card, you are the Doctor.

You are the Martyr. You are on the Red Team, and win if the Bomber kills the President. If the Bomber and the Engineer card share, then at the end of the game the bomb goes off and kills everyone in the same room as the Bomber, hopefully including the President.

If the Bomber is the buried card, you are the Bomber.

You are the Tinker. You are on the Red Team, and win if the Bomber kills the President. If the Bomber and the Engineer card share, then at the end of the game the bomb goes off and kills everyone in the same room as the Bomber, hopefully including the President.

If the Engineer is the buried card, you are the Engineer.

The following roles will be added to the game as needed to make up numbers (in pairs of Blue/Red Team, plus the Gambler if an odd number of extra cards is required), and may be buried:

You are on the Blue Team. You win if the President is alive at the end of the game. The President dies (and your team loses) if:

You are Red Team. You win if the Bomber kills the President. If the Bomber and the Engineer card share, then at the end of the game the bomb goes off and kills everyone in the same room as the Bomber, hopefully including the President.

You are the Gambler, and your card is Grey. At the end of the game, before any other results are revealed, you will be asked to guess whether the Blue Team, Red Team, or neither has won. If you are correct, then you win.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 am UTC

RULE CLARIFICATIONS AND MODLY PRONOUNCEMENTS AND STUFF:
1. With fewer than 11 players, colour shares and colour reveals are prohibited. Full shares and reveals are fine.
2. Despite its name, the Sniper does not actually kill anyone, so if the Sniper targets the President then the blue team does not automatically lose.
3. The Gambler makes their guess before the Sniper chooses their target. All wins and losses will then be revealed simultaneously.
Last edited by ConMan on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:20 am UTC

Schedule (all times are UTC):
Spoiler:
Sign-ups end: 11:00PM Sunday, June 11
Round 1 begins: 12:00AM Monday, June 12
Round 1 ends: 11:00PM Saturday, June 17 (5 days, 23 hours)
Round 2 begins: 12:00AM Sunday, June 18
Round 2 ends: 11:00PM Wednesday, June 21 (3 days, 23 hours)
Round 3 begins: 12:00 AM Thursday, June 22
Round 3 ends: 11:00PM Sunday, June 25 (3 days, 23 hours)
Round 4 begins: 12:00AM Monday, June 26
Round 4 ends: 11:00PM Tuesday, June 27 (1 day, 23 hours)
Round 5 begins: 12:00AM Wednesday, June 28
Round 5 ends: 11:00PM Wednesday, June 28 (23 hours)
Game results posted in this thread by: 12:00AM Thursday, June 29
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon May 29, 2017 2:20 am UTC

Sign-ups:

Reserves:

The game requires a minimum of 11 players, but can go up to any number.
pollywog wrote:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 29, 2017 2:31 am UTC

Sign-ups:
1. Madge (low activity until 6pm on the 14th (GMT+8) - bump me to reserves if this is an issue)

Reserves:

The game requires a minimum of 11 players, but can go up to any number.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon May 29, 2017 5:02 am UTC

Sign-ups:
1. Madge (low activity until 6pm on the 14th (GMT+8) - bump me to reserves if this is an issue)
2. Heuristically_alone

Reserves:
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 30, 2017 3:44 pm UTC

Sign-ups:
2. Heuristically_alone
3. mpolo

Reserves:
Image <-- Evil experiment

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue May 30, 2017 6:30 pm UTC

Sign-ups:
2. Heuristically_alone
3. mpolo
4. #HBC | YOLOSWAG

Reserves:

---------------------------------

Reading through the first game at the moment. Looks very cool.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:09 am UTC

Sign-ups:
2. Heuristically_alone
3. mpolo
4. #HBC | YOLOSWAG
5. BoomFrog

Reserves:

Swag.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:48 am UTC

Sign-ups:
2. Heuristically_alone
3. mpolo
4. #HBC | YOLOSWAG
5. BoomFrog

Reserves:
1. Gopher of Pern

I will be travelling overseas from the 13th until the 17th, so I won't be able to participate until then.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:20 am UTC

We're currently at (a) not enough sign-ups, and (b) a few people not available at the right time (in addition to (c) possible clashes with other games).

I am entertaining two options:
1. A smaller set-up that accommodates the number of people available
2. Moving the start date - basically add either 7 or 14 days to the proposed schedule

I can possibly do both together, if that helps. What does everyone think?
pollywog wrote:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:35 am UTC

I'd sign up if it was a week or more later.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 am UTC

I'll play if you need me for the game to run. If you get above 11 move me to reserves.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 am UTC

You'll probably get more people if it's scheduled to start "just after Shakespeare ends" also just run an alternative setup if it's too few people.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 pm UTC

I am up for anything.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:08 am UTC

OK, I will aim to start this after Shakespeare wraps up, so that it's not going up against too many other ongoing games. I'll also alter the setup depending on sign-up count - whatever I choose, it will be an Open setup, with an eye to having a significant number of Gray roles in the game.
pollywog wrote:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:48 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:OK, I will aim to start this after Shakespeare wraps up, so that it's not going up against too many other ongoing games. I'll also alter the setup depending on sign-up count - whatever I choose, it will be an Open setup, with an eye to having a significant number of Gray roles in the game.

You should either start this now or declare it dead.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
ConMan wrote:OK, I will aim to start this after Shakespeare wraps up, so that it's not going up against too many other ongoing games. I'll also alter the setup depending on sign-up count - whatever I choose, it will be an Open setup, with an eye to having a significant number of Gray roles in the game.

You should either start this now or declare it dead.

Ok, let's do this.

The game will start at 0000 UTC on July 3rd. Signups will close shortly before then. I will post an adjusted roleset within the next few days, alongside rule adjustments that relate to having fewer than 10 players.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:49 am UTC

New Schedule (all times are UTC):
Spoiler:
Sign-ups end: 11:00PM Sunday, July 2
Round 1 begins: 12:00AM Monday, July 3
Round 1 ends: 11:00PM Saturday, July 8 (5 days, 23 hours)
Round 2 begins: 12:00AM Sunday, July 9
Round 2 ends: 11:00PM Wednesday, July 12 (3 days, 23 hours)
Round 3 begins: 12:00 AM Thursday, July 13
Round 3 ends: 11:00PM Sunday, July 16 (3 days, 23 hours)
Round 4 begins: 12:00AM Monday, July 17
Round 4 ends: 11:00PM Tuesday, July 18 (1 day, 23 hours)
Round 5 begins: 12:00AM Wednesday, July 19
Round 5 ends: 11:00PM Wednesday, July 19 (23 hours)
Game results posted in this thread by: 12:00AM Thursday, July 20
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:06 am UTC

Rolesets:

Rather than going through all the possible roles, I will build the set up from the ones listed earlier in the thread. The sets will be based on the number of players, as follows:

6 Players: President, Bomber, Sniper, Target, Decoy, Gambler
7 Players: President, Doctor, Bomber, Engineer, Sniper, Target, Decoy
8 (9) Players: President, Doctor, President's Daughter, Bomber, Engineer, Martyr, Sniper, Target, Decoy, (Gambler) [1 Red or Blue card buried]
10 (11) Players: President, Doctor, President's Daughter, Nurse, Bomber, Engineer, Martyr, Tinker, Sniper, Target, Decoy, (Gambler) [1 Red or Blue card buried]

Note that for 10 or fewer players, there is no colour sharing or revealing. You either reveal your whole role, or nothing.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 am UTC

Having double-checked the rules, if we do not get more than 10 players (which is unlikely at this point), the game will run for only 3 rounds, with a single hostage chosen each round. Hence, the schedule will be as follows:

Sign-ups end: 11:00PM Sunday, July 2
Round 1 begins: 12:00AM Monday, July 3
Round 1 ends: 11:00PM Saturday, July 8 (5 days, 23 hours)
Round 2 begins: 12:00AM Sunday, July 9
Round 2 ends: 11:00PM Wednesday, July 12 (3 days, 23 hours)
Round 3 begins: 12:00 AM Thursday, July 13
Round 3 ends: 11:00PM Sunday, July 16 (3 days, 23 hours)
Results posted in this thread: 12:00AM Monday, July 17
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 am UTC

At this stage I have the following sign-ups (confirmed via PM, with YOLOSWAG withdrawing):

1. Madge
2. heuristically_alone
3. mpolo
4. BoomFrog
5. Gopher of Pern
6. bessie

Last chance to sign up, everyone! It's a half-month commitment, but it will definitely be interesting!
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:28 pm UTC

Threads for Round 1 have been created. Roles have been sent out. The game will begin in half an hour. Good luck everyone!
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 pm UTC

Final room memberships:

Room A:
BoomFrog
Madge
mpolo

Room B:
Gopher of Pern
bessie
heuristically_alone

Gopher of Pern is the Gambler. Please state which team you believe won.
pollywog wrote:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 am UTC

I believe the Red team won.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 am UTC

Thank you GoP.

mpolo is the Sniper. He has declared his target in PM as heuristically_alone.

Final results:

BoomFrog was the Bomber, and Madge was the President. President is in the same room as the Bomber, therefore Red Team (BoomFrog) wins and Blue Team (Madge) loses.

Gopher of Pern correctly identified the winning team. Gambler wins.

mpolo correctly selected the Target. Sniper wins, Target and Decoy lose.

Thanks everyone for playing. I know that I was a bit sloppy in handling the game in a few ways, and that the game was somewhat decided shortly after the second round started. I probably should have opted for the crazier version of this particular 6-player set, which might have kept things a bit more unpredictable up to the last round. This is definitely not a game designed for small groups though, so thanks for sticking through it anyway!
pollywog wrote:

Madge

Re: Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang (RESULTS)

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 am UTC

Thanks for running it ConMan!

I'm sorry I got so pouty (knowing you're going to lose for like a week has that effect on a guy, I guess?), but I'd probably still be willing to play another game if we got to 8 participants or so and made it a bit more turbo-charged.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 am UTC

Still exciting while it lasted! Off to read spoilers!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:02 am UTC

Geeze I was actually really impressed with how Boomfrog gained Madge's trust D1. This post in particular by him.

I do trust you but the risk is too high to share with anyone right now. Let's say, we agree to be allies without sharing. I'm not the gambler (obviously) so if we can be allies, one of us needs info and the other needs help with controlling rooms. I'll gather more info as I can and we'll meet up on a later day and maybe I'll be confident enough to share then. If we are indeed not opposing then we'll cooperate for the win. I think we should split up to gather more info.

I would have never guessed he was the bomber.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 am UTC

My strategy was to sacrifice my short-term goals in order to cultivate a long-term meta of being trustworthy, but as I said in my gojoe spoilers, I went too far, I should have realised that being in control of the room was in my interest and that being in control of the room was better than (possibly) gaining trust of an unknown party by rejecting the leadership.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:18 am UTC

As soon as you abdicated leadership to boomfrog I thought about voting you to leader immediately after, but I wanted to go to the other room and I knew if you were leader you would not have sent me. Tough break.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:27 am UTC

So, thoughts before reading the other room:

That was way too straightforward. I felt, as the gambler, I was the only one who wanted to share information. Others wanted information, but did not want to share their own. I was genuinely surprised that heury opened up to mpolo. I just wanted heury to open up to me. It seems it worked though. I did try to help bessie, but I think the decoy role is a hard one, as you can be screwed over completely by other players.

I don't think the roles really fit a 6 player game. Perhaps a 2 red / 2 blue / 1 sniper / 1 target game would have been a bit better balanced, as with the current setup, no one aside from the gambler wants to share their information.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 am UTC

So for reference, the alternative set-up I was thinking of changes the Gambler out in favour of the Hot Potato - a grey card, that always loses, but any time you share with them you exchange roles (people in the same room know you swapped, but don't know which of you is which). It *can* lead to games where no-one dares share, but it also means that there's much more room for bluffing and taking risks, and it also means that information doesn't stagnate. For example, in a RL game I played with this setup, I wound up with the Hot Potato card in the first round, then in the second round my first words were "That guy is the room leader, he's also the Hot Potato, want to share with me?".
pollywog wrote:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:44 am UTC

I think the thing about these games is that when you're playing them IRL, you play a game or two and you very quickly work out how to strategize, and then immediately you can play a second game using the knowledge you gained. ON a forum you have to commit to a second game, and a lot of the time people don't want to.

Add to that what BF was talking about in Room A round 3 about things stagnating after a couple of rounds being not a big deal if you're done in 10 minutes but being a huge deal if you're done in 3 days and it will take you 10 minutes to try and think of how to compose an argument that has a 5% chance of success, and they probably don't transfer as well.

The hot potato role would ruin me. :shock:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 am UTC

That hot potato role sounds fun.

I admit I didn't think too much of other roles in the game, as the gambler I could be open about my own role. I was surprised that room A was resolved so quickly. My thoughts as gambler was that it's better to have control of the room, that would give me leverage over the red/blue team, which is what I wanted. As it was, I didn't need the leverage, as I never saw either of them!

Thinking about the game, I don't think it is in anyone's interests to share except the gambler and the sniper. I don't think I would have shared with anyone if I wasn't one of those two roles, unless I knew the role of the person I was sharing with. I was thinking it would be hard to get people to card share with me after I publicly reveal, but I was lucky the sniper was in my room. I think people are a bit too trusting here :)
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:33 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Geeze I was actually really impressed with how Boomfrog gained Madge's trust D1. This post in particular by him.

I do trust you but the risk is too high to share with anyone right now. Let's say, we agree to be allies without sharing. I'm not the gambler (obviously) so if we can be allies, one of us needs info and the other needs help with controlling rooms. I'll gather more info as I can and we'll meet up on a later day and maybe I'll be confident enough to share then. If we are indeed not opposing then we'll cooperate for the win. I think we should split up to gather more info.

I would have never guessed he was the bomber.

At the time that was 100% my true feelings. At the time I thought sharing with the Pres would be bad for me.

@Heuristically_Alone: What happened D2?

The hot potato sounds interesting. I can see how the game causes a difficult analysis of if you should share. It's really only the "game is over but not actually over" thing which is a problem. Maybe, offer bonus wins for difficult secondary objectives. If you achieve your bonus win the game ends immediately and anyone who didn't win with you probably loses. Of course now we are playing a completely new untested game so it will be a huge mess (which is basically signature BoomFrog modding... :P )

On a less crazy note, you could add roles that only work on a forum like:

"changeling target: you may claim any role when sharing, you win if the sniper doesn't shoot you." That would probably be fair for a target without a decoy buddy.

"Double agent: you cannot win unless you have shared with the president and the bomber. Also you join the team that you last shared with. When sharing you appear to be a vanilla member of your current team. (Randomly red or blue at beginning of game).

Triple agent: grey role. You win if the double agent loses.

"Swapping decoy: you are a decoy but also may swap roles with anyone you share with"

Final note: Gambler is too easy to win as in a small game. I'd exclude the role in any game less then 10.

Return to “Mafia”