Bin Chicken Newbie Mafia - Game over! - Wing Condition

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Bin Chicken Newbie Mafia - Game over! - Wing Condition

Postby Madge » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:42 pm UTC

Bin Chicken Mafia

Mod: Madge
Speed: 5 day days, 2 day nights. Weekends count as half time (i.e. Saturday and Sunday are considered half a day each). Nights will end early if night chat is finished and all actions are received.
Setup: Semi-Open: see Backup6
Bastardry: None

Standard Rules:

Posting rules:
  1. No posting in the game thread unless you are playing in it.
  2. No talking about this game except in the game thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread, or, for newbies, in a PM with both your mentor and the mod.
  3. No player may read discussion spoilers about this game until they are dead.
  4. No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time.
  5. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends.
  6. Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
  7. Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will automatically lose.
  8. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night a the mod posts a day-end post (this will not be before the official deadline, but knowing Madge could be quite a bit after it), or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not the mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
  9. You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
  10. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
  11. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.

Deadlines:
  1. In general, days will last for 5 days. Nights will last for 2 days, or until all night actions are finished. Weekends will count as half time.
  2. Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
  3. In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
  4. Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
  5. Deadlines are 'soft', meaning that posting and voting may continue after the deadline until the mod calls night.
  6. Remember there is no talking after a hammer vote is cast.

Voting rules:
  1. Votes and questions for the mod must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
    Vote: Madge

You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
    Unvote (Madge)
    Vote: Egdam
  2. When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched and it becomes night, as above. Posting content after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer vote was accidental.
  3. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
  4. If the votals are tied, then the person who hit the tied number of votes first will be lynched, unless all players are voting solely for the tied players, in which case there will be no lynch.
  5. You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results, except that "No Lynch" always wins ties.

Death rules:
  1. You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
  2. Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a ‘Bah! You killed me,’ post that reveals no information.

Private Message rules:
  1. You must include the mod in any PM you send related to this game.
  2. You can ask the mod questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
  3. No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
  4. Any night actions must be sent by PM before the end of the night period. They can also be sent during the day prior if you would like. If sent as part of a factional chat, please indicate the action in bold on a new line, as with voting. If you don’t do this and we miss your action, tough.
  5. You can send backup actions but don't make the conditions too complicated.

Game Setup:
This is a semi-open setup. In light of that, and to prevent any people trying to meta-game concerning the wording of role PMs, I have provided the full text of all role PMs below. At the time of writing I still have not selected which setup from Backup6 will be used.

Spoiler:
Town Universal Backup wrote:You’re a seagull! You might be the second scabbiest bird, but remember, it could be worse: at least you’re not an ibis. Spending your life squawking for soggy hot chips has resulted in you being able to get things from others after they don’t need them any more.

Alignment: Town

Power: Universal Backup: When the first town player with a power role dies, you will gain that role for the rest of the game. (For example, if the doctor is the first town power role to die, then you will become the doctor the next night. If this doesn’t make sense to you, feel free to ask for clarification!)

Win condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Vanilla Town wrote:You’re a sparrow! Although you are a pretty cool bird, ay, all you have to contribute to the game are your wits and your deep-seated hatred of ibises.

Power: None

Win condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Town Jailkeeper wrote:You’re an eagle! You soar through the sky when you hunt. You can lift other birds into the sky in your talons and prevent them from using their night action, and also prevent anyone else from being able to kill them (because you’re soaring through the sky!).

Power: Jailkeeper: Each night, you may jailkeep a player in the game by sending a PM to the mod. You will simultaneously roleblock that player and protect that player from being killed in the night.

Town Cop wrote:You’re an albatross! One of the oldest and wisest birds - you are sixty, or maybe older! Thanks to your age and experience, you are able to evaluate other birds and work out definitively whether or not they are ibises. You HATE those picnic-wrecking jerks!

Power: Cop: You may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing either [Town] or [Mafia].

Town Doctor wrote:You’re a dove! They’re a type of bird that represents purity! You’re so pure, in fact, that when you visit another player, your pure and serene aura will scare off any no-good ibises that might try anything violent.

Power: Doctor: You may target a player to be protected, this will protect them from one kill for one night. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill.

Town Tracker wrote:You’re an eagle! You soar through the sky when you hunt. Your vantage point in the sky allows you to easily follow other birds and see who they visit in the night.

Power: Tracker: You may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player targeted in the same night phase. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Name(s)] or [None].

Vanilla Mafia wrote:It's the ibis
Bin juice drinking gronks
Yeah the ibis
Their beaks are gross and long
It's the ibis
Picnic wrecking jerks
Yeah the ibis
They're the worst birds

You’re an ibis! You’re not really a bird so much as a feathered bin rat. You love disrupting picnics and all-around ruining life for everyone else. Although your beak is gross and long, it can also be used as a deadly weapon! You are able to use your long, sharp beak to impale your enemies. If all the other birds are dead, there will be all the more bin juice for you...

Alignment: Mafia

Faction Ability: One of you may target a player, thus killing them. You must both agree on a target and who will perform the kill, or no kill will be performed.

Faction Ability: You may chat freely at night via PM with your teammate, NAME. Make sure you include the mod in all your communications.

Power: None

Win condition: You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Mafia Roleblocker wrote:Ibises wreck picnics and disrupt the community
The ibis is a picnic wrecking burden on humanity
A dumpster diving bin chicken disrupting the community
Annoying the general public at every opportunity

You’re an ibis! You love disrupting picnics and annoying the general public at every opportunity. You are an especially talented ibis with a knack for disrupting the community: each night, you may target another player and annoy them so much they’re unable to use their night action.

Although your beak is gross and long, it can also be used as a deadly weapon! You are able to use your long, sharp beak to impale your enemies. If all the other birds are dead, there will be all the more bin juice for you...

Alignment: Mafia

Faction Ability: One of you may target a player, thus killing them. You must both agree on a target and who will perform the kill, or no kill will be performed.

Faction Ability: You may chat freely at night via PM with your teammate, NAME. Make sure you include the mod in all your communications.

Power: Roleblocker: Each night, you may target a player by submitting their name to the moderator, thus causing any attempted actions to fail for the current night phase.

Win condition: You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Player List:
Spoiler:
3. Heuristically_alone
9. Jimbob

1. LaserGuy - Murdered N3 - vanilla town
2. flicky1991 - murdered N2 - town cop
4. DethStalker executed D1 - vanilla town
5. somitomi - executed D2 - vanilla town
6. Jbby Dimochka executed d4 - scum roleblocker
7. Mpolo murdered N1 - vanilla town
8. Sabrar - executed D3 - vanilla scum
Last edited by Madge on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:59 am UTC, edited 10 times in total.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Re: Bin Chicken Newbie Mafia (NOT STARTED YET)

Postby Madge » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:46 pm UTC

Also, I'm going to announce a new mechanic: Because we're fortunate to have so many people to offer to be replacements for this game, I've decided to give a "mentor" mechanic a try. If you are playing this game, you can request a mentor - this is someone who isn't playing but you will be able to send PMs to concerning the game, they can give you advice on playing, etc. The mentor relationship will be public (i.e. everyone will know you are being mentored and who by), and I will be included in the PMs and make sure that no impropriety is going on.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Re: Bin Chicken Newbie Mafia - Day 1

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:54 am UTC

(If you want to understand this flavour, listen to this 2:22 youtube music video: this comes with a giant LANGUAGE WARNING, though the language in this game will remain family friendly)

The year is 2036. The war between humanity and ibises has been raging for decades. First, humanity tried poisoning the bin juice; but the disgusting digestive system of the ibis, so flexible that it could go from hunting small wetland crustacea to subsisting on humanity's detritus, was able to morph and adapt.

The poisoned bin juice made the ibises mutate still further, until they gained the ability to shape-change and mimic other birds. It left humanity with no choice: lest their picnics be ruined until the end of time, the ibises had to be annihilated. And if they took the form of the other innocent birds - the cockatoos with their sick mohawks, the parrots who said cool stuff like "polly wanna cracker", the swans that were graceful and that - well, then, those innocent birds would be so much collateral damage.

It was too much. Most of the birds in the planet were annhilated by a combination of deadly diseases that humanity had set upon them.

Then, almost wiped out, the desperate ibises were able to capture Uzbekistan's nuclear launch codes. They were not scared of nuclear winter.

Finally, desperately, the birds called together their council. It was mostly sparrows - they were pretty cool birds, ay - but there were others, hidden in trees, wearing robes, lest the ibises use their murderous beaks to end them.

The council of the birds was their last hope: they would either destroy the final two ibises and free the world of this scourge, or the ibises would rise up against them and create an apocalypse, a nuclear winter full of nothing but bin juice for the rest of time.

The fate of humanity and non-disgraceful feathered creatures was in the hands of this small contingent of surviving birds.

Godspeed.

It is now Day 1.

There are 9 players alive, 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in about 6 days.
(I think I've short changed you all by an hour or two, so if that's an issue I can put the deadline back about 8-10 hours, let me know.)

And a warm welcome to our new players! Remember if anyone (even experienced players!) would like a mentor, drop me a PM. We have quite a few available!

You should all have your role PMs so if you didn't receive it PM me ASAP.

heuristically_alone

Re: Bin Chicken Newbie Mafia - Day 1 - The Council of the Birds

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:25 am UTC

*tweet tweet*
The council begins and are we to fly away? I say nay! Let our hope keep us grounded and the wind on our backs keep our wings lifted up! (Unless you are a chicken but even your graceful head has a duty to bare. But hark, where are the traitors that fly among us, poisoning or good will?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 am UTC

Welcome new players and old alike! It looks to me that we only have a single bird amongst our midst who is a complete newb to this game.

@somitomi: we are happy to help you in any way we can though you should really take advantage of the mentor mechanic as well, we have some very nice people waiting at the sidelines to give you some advice.

I will be phone-posting a lot on D1, things will normalize after that.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:32 am UTC

Hey all! As you may know, I've played here twice before (and more in other places), but found this forum's style of play hard to get into, so I waited until a vanilla game to play again. (Don't let that discourage you from trying to get into this, newbies! I'm just an idiot. :P )
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:55 am UTC

Hi everyone! Welcome to all of our new (and newish) players! Please let us know how you'd prefer to be addressed (he/she/they etc.) if you haven't played on these boards before.

If you aren't familiar with the game or the specific mechanics of these boards, please consider requesting a mentor to help you out. They are an excellent resource and this is a really rare opportunity to get personalized, real-time help from some of our resident experts.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:10 am UTC

To assist with assigning mentors and mentees, if you request a mentor can you please include your timezone (in the form of GMT+X or GMT-Y, I don't understand mountain time or germany time or whatever else cray time zones you might make up). That way we can try and keep everyone reasonably close, time-zone wise.

(If you're worried about the CIA tracking you by knowing your time zone, give at least something roughly adjacent.)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:22 am UTC

* tweet tweet *
I am here for the council of the birds. Now, despite the coolness of the Egyptian god Thoth, I think we all agree that his progeny have gotten truly out of hand here.

OK, I'm not going to be able to keep up much flavor. As this game is fairly vanilla, we need to really make an effort to keep posting, even if we don't see much to post about.

As it usually comes up in newbie games here, a no-lynch is generally seen as a bad thing here, as the town gets no information out of it. There are some specific situations (particularly when there is an even number of players and endgame is approaching), but that is not now. So don't suggest it, please.

There are three possible setups:
Jailkeeper - 6 vanilla townies - 2 mafia goons
Cop - Doctor - 5 vanilla townies - 1 Mafia Roleblocker - 1 Mafia Goon
Backup - Tracker - 5 vanilla townies - 2 mafia goons

This means that if any power role is lynched or killed, we will immediately know the setup exactly.

And our "Universal Backup", if present, is actually a "Junior Deputy Tracker". Or "Seagull who could probably be convinced to fly as high as an eagle"…

Can't think of anything else for an opening post.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:43 am UTC

Actually the setup is called Backup6 because there are 6 possibilities, you forgot to take into account the vertical ones. So e.g. the Universal Backup could be a Junior Jailkeeper if I remember the matrix correctly.
Not that it really matters as townie PR-s (power roles) should not claim just yet or even allude to them being PR-s. But just to get started somewhere, here's a little thought exercise mainly for our newbie players:
- which of the 6 setups do you think most favors Town?
- which one favors scum?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:52 am UTC

Bessie has been assigned as a mentor for laserguy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:07 am UTC

@DethStalker: now that you don't have posting restrictions could you clarify your previous experiences with Mafia?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:45 am UTC

tweet tweet
Oh shoot, am I late for the council on my first day?
Well I don't have much to say anyway...

crickets
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:56 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:But just to get started somewhere, here's a little thought exercise mainly for our newbie players:
- which of the 6 setups do you think most favors Town?
- which one favors scum?
I want to answer this to make myself think about the game, but don't want to bias people who are only just catching up with the post, so I'll spoiler it so people can read after forming their own opinion.
Spoiler:
My gut feeling was that the setups with a Roleblocker would be better for Mafia. Cop and Doctor are both quite powerful though, so that might balance it out on row 2, so I'd rate column A as most mafia-favouring, and column C as most town-favouring.
any pronouns
----

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 pm UTC

sirgabriel is mentoring somitomi

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:59 pm UTC

Spoilering reply to flicky:
Spoiler:
- Column C is indeed very good for Town, however Cop generally is even more powerful as s/he gets a definite result each night. I'm not sure that Roleblocker helps scum that much, so row 2 looks to me better for Town.
- there is a specific reason why I think row 1 is better for scum than column A, see if you can guess it.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

Spoilering reply to Sabrar because apparently that's what all the cool kids are doing:
Spoiler:
If I were mafia I'd rather give up my power role than have town have a backup power role. That's why for me Row A is better for mafia than column A.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 pm UTC

@heuristically_alone
Spoiler:
Close but not quite what I had in mind. Hint: it's an opportunity for scum to deceive.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm UTC

@Sabrar
Spoiler:
Before reading your latest post: I suppose the logic is that, in A, if Backup dies then it's no different from 1, but if Jailkeeper dies then town still has a Jailkeeper so that's better than if Jailkeeper died in 1... but that's only if you give no weight to the existence of the Roleblocker.

After: Oh, OK, I get it now. If Jailkeeper dies and Mafia don't have a Roleblocker, Mafia knows we're in 1 but town only knows we're in either 1 or A, so a Mafia can claim Universal Backup if they need to without fear of contradiction.
Also these spoilers are getting ridiculous, I'm gonna say something else to stop the entire thread becoming spoilers.

Little logic exercises like Sabrar's one are useful, but for most of us they have no particular use until someone flips. However, there is at least one townie who can already narrow down the possibilities of the setup to two, since every setup has at least one townie power role. If you are one of these townies, please don't hint towards this at all in the thread at this stage, but try comparing the two setups you know we can be in and try to spot tricks like the one Sabrar led us to. You might notice scum's plan before they've even made it, since the only information they have right now is whether we're in a scenario with a Roleblocker or without. (If you're a Tracker, you also know whether there is a Roleblocker or not, so Mafia don't know anything that you don't know.)
any pronouns
----

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@DethStalker: now that you don't have posting restrictions could you clarify your previous experiences with Mafia?

I played on Town of Salem forums. That's really it.
2-1 record

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Opinions about the setup: Mafiascum rates about a 45% town win rate in the original Matrix6. I think our town win rates are somewhat higher than on Mafiascum because of the way analysis goes here. I don't see any of the setups that cry out "much more weighted toward town", except maybe C, with two active powers for town and none for scum (though tracker needs a bit more luck to get a useful result than cop).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

@flicky: you got it. BTW it works the same with column B as well.

@DethStalker: thanks, that should help evaluate your content.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

I think I actually prefer the mormal matrix6 to the backup setup. Having a one shot bulletproof helps town a little more and makes for a great conf town claim later on in the game since in that case scum still won't lynch him. I like town preferred setups.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm UTC

Column A gas highest winrate.
Cop +doc op

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm UTC

Nvm it isn't Matrix 6

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm UTC

Vote somitomi

Third to tweet is usually scum.

DethStalker

Postby DethStalker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:23 pm UTC

Vote Mpolo

Gutread

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 pm UTC

Don't have time to post anything of substance now, so just checking in. I'm likely to be very busy during D1, so expect less than usual from me.

Overall, I agree with everything that's been said so far. The only thing I'll state is that people should think carefully about any claiming they make. For example, don't even claim vanilla town at this point - scum will be trying to take out the town power role(s), so (truthfully) claiming vanilla town makes it more likely that they'll be successful. Oh, and one more thing:

Vote LaserGuy

Every game he's been in so far, he's been scum. Why should this be any different?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'm likely to be very busy during D1, so expect less than usual from me.

Scum preparing to lurk!

Edit:
VOTE: jimbobmacdoodle
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

@Heuristically_alone: you are not allowed to edit your posts on this game, for any reason. Even if it's 10 seconds after you made your post. Please keep that in mind

Vote Totals ("Votals", as we call them):

Somitomi- (1) - LaserGuy
Mpolo- (1) - Dethstalker
Laserguy- (1) - Jimbob
Jimbob- (1) - Heuristically_Alone

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I like town preferred setups.
Does this mean that you like setups where Town has the advantage? Why?
BTW we generally 'edit' our posts by making a new comment prefaced by EBWOP for 'edited by way of post'.

DethStalker wrote:Vote Mpolo

Gutread
Is this a serious vote?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 am UTC

Vote heuristically_alone
for editing. :P
any pronouns
----

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 am UTC

Votals:

Somitomi- (1) - LaserGuy
Mpolo- (1) - Dethstalker
Laserguy- (1) - Jimbob
Jimbob- (1) - Heuristically_Alone
Heristically_Alone - (1) - Flicky1991

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 am UTC

You can also do a "Ninja Edit", if more posts have come between writing your post and hitting Submit (the forum software usually informs you of this).

And I find myself in Day one paralysis. I suppose it's helpful to throw votes around, as it can root out over-defensive players, but on the other hand, I generally don't vote unless I really believe something is wrong with the person voting. That's just me.

Regarding vanilla town claims -- that's kind of the default claim for everyone anyway. However, putting it in writing might skew the scum not to pick that person to kill, as jimbob says. And this thing is getting really winey in my head just in trying to write it out, so I'm dropping it. In any case, I'm not planning on claiming any time soon.

Jbby

Postby Jbby » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

Hello everyone! I hope this'll be a fun game and I get to experience the community a bit since this community has been said to be pretty fun and up my alley for a new mafia forum.

I usually am pretty slow to start on D1's because I am more of a connection player but I am going to try and see if anything sticks out to me early. Also sorry for the late start, usually I am pretty busy on the weekends so my posts are limited then.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:I like town preferred setups.
Does this mean that you like setups where Town has the advantage? Why?

Yes, anything to give me a greater chance of winning since I' m still on the learning curve.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 pm UTC

Unvote somitomi
Vote mpolo

His posting feels like it's trying to discourage people from generating content. Eg. here, he discourages people from even talking about No Lynch. While I know this argument has been discussed ad nauseum in other games, in a newbie game, I think it's perfectly reasonable to go over this again if people are so inclined, especially given the dearth of D1 content. He expresses similar sentiments about random voting in this post.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:00 pm UTC

@LaserGuy: I don't think your links work properly, though currently it's easy to search for the relevant posts.

@all: with LaserGuy's vote the RVS (random voting stage) is definitely over, it is customary to unvote if you placed a joke-vote before.

heuristically_alone wrote:Yes, anything to give me a greater chance of winning since I' m still on the learning curve.
This answer pings me on multiple levels.

I'd like to encourage more players to think about the possible setups, there are relatively few scenarios and it's a good starting point to consider how roles interact with each other and what fake-claims scum might have available.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

[quote="LaserGuy"
His posting feels like it's trying to discourage people from generating content. Eg. here, he discourages people from even talking about No Lynch. While I know this argument has been discussed ad nauseum in other games, in a newbie game, I think it's perfectly reasonable to go over this again if people are so inclined, especially given the dearth of D1 content. He expresses similar sentiments about random voting in this post.[/quote]

I've been in too many newbie games where the first person to suggest no lynch was immediately lynched here. It is almost impossible to turn that wagon around once it starts. If somebody wants to go through that, be my guest. I just thought I would save newbies from the extremely hardened meta against NL on this forum. (The argument is that mathematically, town has better chances even with a random lynch on D1. If you look hard enough, you'll find it discussed ad naseum here in the forum.)

I said that there probably is a value to random voting, but I don't do it. I even said that that's just me. Sorry, I just don't do it.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm UTC

EBWOP: Quote fail. But it should be obvious what is quoted.

Return to “Mafia”