That is, if they figure out who is really on their side.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be founds without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
6. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," (or something similar) which reveals no information.
7. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod.
8. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
9. You must play to achieve your win condition.
10. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
11. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.
Game-Specific rules (unspoilered as they are important):
1. Deadlines for days will be clearly defined but will be soft; you can continue posting until I end the day. The following day should start within 1-2 hours, since this is a nightless setup. Private chats can continue anytime. Extensions may be requested for good reasons.
2. If at any point a player receives a majority of votes, the day will end, even if the mod hasn't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached. Note that there are no hidden voting mechanics, so you will know it's hammer.
3. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a semi-open setup, you may not get answers to all questions.
5. You may only communicate with other players via PM if I have specifically allowed it.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
8. Name-claiming / Power-claiming is allowed. Alignments and wincons may change during the game.
9. If the majority votes No Lynch, there will be no lynch that day. Ties will also result in No Lynch.
10. There may or may not be more than two factions in the game.
11. Not every role PM listed is in the game, but every person playing has one of the role PMs listed.
Town Win Condition:
Mafia Win Condition:
Other Win Conditions:
Day/Night Length: Semi-turbo. Days will be 72 hours unless the majority of players feel that it's too short / too long. Feel free to pre-send night actions, and they may be conditional (within reason).
Role: You are the first of the mutants to join Professor X's team - the X-Men - and the tactical leader of the group.
- Optic Blast: You can remove your ruby-quartz lenses to shoot a target of your choice. Note that using this power will weaken you, and you will not be able to use it more than once. You also cannot use any other action/device on the same night.
- True Love: You have private chat with Jean Grey. You do not know each other's alignments.
Role: You are an animalistic mutant who was nearly tricked into killing the X-men, but ultimately joined them.
- Enhanced Senses: You can sniff a target of your choice to smell everyone who either visited or was visited by your target. You won't know which is which.
- Regeneration (passive): Your healing ability can save you from one death, though not on its own. The first time you are targeted by a kill, IF Jubilee is alive, you will survive the attack. However, you will be too weak to vote during the following day phase.
- Romance: You have private night-chat with Jean Grey. You do not know each other's alignments.
Role: You are a member of the X-men with the ability to absorb powers or memories of others.
- Leech: By touching your target, you will suck its power, rendering it unconscious. However, as you feel guilty for hurting people this way, you will also protect your target from any harm that would otherwise come to it at night.
- Siphon: Once per game, you may choose to suck the target's memories along with the powers. This will allow you to learn what the power was, as well as use it once the following night. The power duplicated will always be the first one listed under the relevant player's role. You may not use both powers on the same night.
Role: You are a mutant with the control of the weather and the elements, as well as the other tactical leader of the team.
- Charisma: Once per game, you may use your power of persuasion to make someone side with you. For that day, the person will have to vote for whomever you're voting, or abstain from voting altogether.
- Tornado: Once per game, you may create a tornado, which will require everyone to take cover. If used, the day will end immediately with no one lynched.
Role: You are one of the smartest mutants on the X-Men team (and likely overall).
- Inventor: Every night you can create an item to help you find your enemies. Your inventions can include X-ray goggles (cop), tracking chip (tracker), mini camera (watcher), neutralizing serum (roleblocker), or medkit (doctor). Unfortunately you have limited resources, and can therefore only make one of any given item during the game. You can choose to keep the item to use it yourself on the subsequent night phase, or give it to someone else. Note that you cannot create and use items on the same night.
Role: You are a former assassin, and a member of the X-Men.
- Assassin Training: you can sneak up on your target, rendering it unconscious for the night and unable to perform any actions. Note that you cannot target the same individual more than once, as they will be much more vigilant going forward.
- Protector: Because of your attraction for Rogue, you will act as her bodyguard.
Role: You are a mutant, former gymnast, and orphan who was rescued by the X-Men and joined them thereafter.
- Pyrotechnics: You produced streams of bright colors which fly out of your hands towards your target, confusing and dazing it in the process. Any action that your target performs will be redirected back upon itself.
- Helping a Friend: As someone who helped Wolverine in the past, you can do so once more. During any day phase, PM me your decision regarding saving Wolverine or ignoring his call (you can change your mind anytime). If Wolverine is targeted by a kill and you said you would help, he will survive but you won't be able to perform any other actions that night; you will also be made aware of this. If, on the other hand, he is attacked and you chose not to help, you will be told nothing.
Name: Jean Grey / The Phoenix
Role: You are a telepath and one of the strongest mutants known to man.
- Phoenix Fire: Once per game, you may choose to let the Phoenix take over. On that night, you will involuntarily kill anyone who targets you. Note that once you become a Phoenix, you will lose your ability to daychat (however, this will not be announced in any way).
- Love Triangle: You have separate day chats with both Cyclops and Wolverine.
Name: Professor X / Charles Xavier
Role: You are one of the world's best telepaths, and the founder of the X-Men.
- Telepathy: Every day phase, you may choose someone to converse with privately via PM. You may continue conversing with the same person, or choose someone else (but you may only switch at the very beginning of a day phase).
- Mind Control: You can control someone and redirect their actions onto someone else.
Role: You are a mutant and a friend of Charles Xavier, though you prefer to support mutants in more combative ways.
- Jack of All Trades: Your ability to bend metals allows you to easily create any contraptions that you believe would be useful to you. You may use a list of 1-shot powers that includes: cop, tracker, watcher, roleblocker, and doctor.
Role: You are a mutant with the ability to teleport and enhanced agility.
- Spy: You can quietly teleport next to people and examine them, finding out which side they are fighting for (alignment cop).
- Stealth: Because you are so quick and nimble, your actions cannot be tracked or watched (ninja).
Name: Ice Man
Role: You are a mutant with the ability to control cold and ice, and one of the strongest mutants on Earth.
- Ice Shield: You can target someone to create a thin and barely visible yet extremely strong layer of ice around them. It will protect them from any one kill during that night.
- Temporary Cryogenesis: Once per game, you may use your Ice power on yourself, preventing all powers from targeting you that night.
2. Gopher of Pern
5. mpolo (I used to handle a couple of games at a time. Hope I still can.)
6. BoomFrog (Rooms and a boom is surprisingly slow paced. I can handle this too.)
8. somitomi (here goes nothing)
9.The Peaceful Whale (^^^^^^)
1. I first wrote all 12 role PMs, without any regard for balance or alignment. I generally tried to tie the powers to the character or backstory. Knowing flavor shouldn't matter because there are no hidden elements to any role. As a specific example, Nightcrawler was assigned the Ninja power well before alignment was determined. As another specific example, Magneto is just as likely to be anti-town as is anyone else in game.
2. I generated a random number between 1-10 to determine the setup:
- 1-3 = 7 town / 2 mafia
- 4-6 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 survivor setup
- 7 = 7 town / 2 cult
- 8 = 8 town / 1 cult (with cult recruiting on d0)
- 9 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 jester
- 10 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 sk
3. I generated a random number between 1-4 to determine godfathers/millers
- 1 would result in the first mafia or cult (not yet determined) to be a godfather
- 2 would result in one miller
- 3 would result in both godfather and a miller (per above)
- 4 would result in neither
4. I generated a random number between 1-12, corresponding to the 12 role PMs. Those were assigned to players in order of sign up (so for example, a result of 5 and then 8 meant that Heuristically_alone would get the Beast role PM, and Gopher of Pern would get the Jean Grey role PM).
5. Last random number generator (1-9) - to assign non-town alignments. First roll for scum/cult #1 (also assigned godfather, if applicable), then scum/cult #2, then indie, and finally miller (if applicable).