X-Men Mafia: Resolution

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 3

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 am UTC

adnapemit wrote:I also think mass carnage is a good idea even if Sabrar isn't town. But whatever we do if it ends up at 2 town and 1 mafia and Sabrar is still alive then he should be lynched.
No, if I'm scum then mass carnage results in me winning by killing bessie N3. If we end up 2 town and 1 mafia then I'm confirmed town.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 am UTC

And there's the rub. Townie points that you pointed this out rather than waiting for someone else to find it, though.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm UTC

I've pointed it out right at the beginning that the plan depends on me being accepted as Town. Don't know why that's a surprise now.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm UTC

bessie wrote:moody, you said your choice would be for you to shoot heury tonight. Under the Mass Carnage plan, you will get your wish. So do you support this plan?

Like the part where I shoot huery, don't like the part where you shoot me, but if I'm right town wins opening of D4.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:42 pm UTC

Out of the three plans, I prefer the lynching Bessie the most. The only thing is would scum!bessie really be so bold as to deny one of sabrar's fool proof plans for a gauranteed win? Yet Bessie actions thusfar have been the scummiest all game. Also a voice in my head can't help but wonder if I am being played by Sabrar. I should be pretty active for the hours leading up to deadline.

unvote
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:51 pm UTC

@moody: any comment to this?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:mpolo, you’re the closest to confirmed town.
What is this wording? He is confirmed town.
The only real confirmed town is in bold from the mod. Sometimes I make that distinction by using "confirmed" town. It is true I am inconsistent, however if you want to check, I do this in every game. I also will usually use "mafia" instead of scum to keep things straight in my head (not doing so now because there is only one remaining scum, but I did it earlier to distinguish when I meant mafia, SK, or cult). This is not a scum tell if that is what you're getting at.

mpolo wrote:And there's the rub. Townie points that you pointed this out rather than waiting for someone else to find it, though.
Sabrar did not wait until just now to point this out. He and I have been arguing about this for days.

adnapemit and moody, if you are town and you believe Sabrar is town and heury is scum, you have no reason not to support the plan.

heuristically_alone wrote:Out of the three plans, I prefer the lynching Bessie the most. The only thing is would scum!bessie really be so bold as to deny one of sabrar's fool proof plans for a gauranteed win? Yet Bessie actions thusfar have been the scummiest all game. Also a voice in my head can't help but wonder if I am being played by Sabrar. I should be pretty active for the hours leading up to deadline.

unvote

Heury, your continuing scum read on me has been because I didn't want to blindly follow Sabrar's plans. I would have much preferred to lynch you today, but Sabrar won't "allow" it. And knowing you would follow him necessitated selecting one of his plans, so I selected the one where you die tonight. Now you are changing your mind now after being absent for the discussion between me and Sabrar. Interesting how you used my questioning of Sabrar as a sure scum tell, but now that you are about to die you are "wondering" if you are being played by him.

Vote: adnapemit

I expect to be home an hour before deadline, but could be later depending on work, traffic.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

bessie wrote:The only real confirmed town is in bold from the mod.
Then you're more paranoid than I am (and that's pretty hard). :D

bessie wrote:And knowing you would follow him necessitated selecting one of his plans, so I selected the one where you die tonight.
The 'slow death' plan would have given you the satisfaction of getting to kill heury yourself, don't know why you didn't like it.

bessie wrote:Now you are changing your mind now after being absent for the discussion between me and Sabrar. Interesting how you used my questioning of Sabrar as a sure scum tell, but now that you are about to die you are "wondering" if you are being played by him.
Yep, that is suspicious.

I hopefully will be asleep during the deadline, should be online up until 3pm PDT or so.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm UTC

@bessie
My first mafia read on you was before Sabrar's plan was first divulged.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:And knowing you would follow him necessitated selecting one of his plans, so I selected the one where you die tonight.
The 'slow death' plan would have given you the satisfaction of getting to kill heury yourself, don't know why you didn't like it.
Should have said “I selected one where you die tonight”. I don’t have time to proofread. And to answer your question, now that I’ve made my decision on you, I see no need for this to go until D6.

heuristically_alone wrote:@bessie
My first mafia read on you was before Sabrar's plan was first divulged.
Not true. You were reading me as scummy on D2.

Heury, if you believe I am the last remaining scum, you have no reason not to support the Mass Carnage plan.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm UTC

And before Sabrar points it out, there is a mistake in my previous post. I misread Heury's post as "after" not "before". I am trying to leave for work.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: any comment to this?

if on the off chance I did get it back (as is what happened), then there would be nothing to worry about

if I were to have spent it on nothing, I would be de facto VT and so harmless to scum with the addition of a mildly scummy look when you combine GoP's lurkiness plus my usual meta, and therefore likely to get the shaft at endgame. If you recall, LaserGuy already knew I was Cyclops and likely mentioned this to his scumbuddy.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:52 pm UTC

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:if I were to have spent it on nothing, I would be de facto VT and so harmless to scum with the addition of a mildly scummy look when you combine GoP's lurkiness plus my usual meta, and therefore likely to get the shaft at endgame.
I don't like this explanation, Vig is an extremely important role for fighting scum and town!you shouldn't just resign to "get the shaft" during endgame as every mislynch is bad for us. On the other hand players have been known to have opinions different from mine even as town. :lol:
At this point I no longer think that bessie is scum but have absolutely no clue who it is. My best bet is moody, luckily his is the most certain death N3.
I've submitted protecting mpolo, will vote adnapemit in ~3 hours.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 pm UTC

Good night all, hoping no D4 drama will be necessary.

dimochka

Re: X-Men Mafia: Resolution

Postby dimochka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:56 am UTC

Encouraged by the fact that none of their friends were killed during the events of the second day, the group continued to try to figure out who oculd be the remaining enemy. Many strategies were proposed, and just as many were shut down.

Finally the group decide to lynch the one who went by "Adnapemit", in particular since he kept saying that he is a Panda but used to be a Whale. And another body was dumped down into Cerebro. And once again, the silence suggested that this may not be quite over.

As everyone headed back to their rooms, suddenly one of the group cried out, "it has to be you! You would have shot us all if you could, but now I have your power!"
The person to whom the cry was directed shouted back, "so you attack me, steal my power, and say that it's me? You're the fake X-Man!"

With those words, laser beams appeared from the direction of both of the figures, resulting in a huge explosion, and everyone being thrown into walls.
Minutes, or hours, later, one by one the X-men got themselves off the floor and went to look at what exactly happened.

They first looked down into Cerebro, to find the body of Gambit. Nothing seemed to indicate that he was doing anything but helping the group, apart from a small locket with Rogue's photograph in there. Even in death, he cared for her.

Then the group headed into the east corridor. There lay Rogue's body, no longer under Gambit's protection. It, too, had no signs of Apocalypse's evil.

With a heavy heart, the remaining X-Men walked to the west corridor where, unsurprisingly, they found the body of Cyclops. Looking through his clothes, once again nothing seemed amiss. Until..

"Hey guys, what is this strange communication device," asked Wolverine?
"This is a multi-dimensional frequency communicator. Why would he possibly need something like this?" replied Beast.
"Look, it has the same symbol on the upper right side as one of Jean's comms did! exclaimed Ice Man.

His suspicion was confirmed - this was indeed a similar device, and its presence could only hint at one thing - this is not the real Cyclops.

Moments later everything became blurry, and suddenly everyone ended up back in the real mansion.

"You succeeded this time, X-Men, and I respect that. But more challenges will be coming your way," thundered Apocalypse's voice.

"Well, I guess we now need to go find our real friends, and give those of us who perished in this fight a proper burial," said Beast.
"How about a beer first, I think we deserved it," suggested Wolverine.

Adnapemit, formerly The Peaceful Whale, was lynched. He was Gambit, aligned with town.
Bessie was killed during the night. She was Rogue, aligned with town.
Moody7277 was killed during the night. He was Cyclops, aligned with mafia.

Town (Heuristically_Alone, Sabrar, bessie, mpolo, BoomFrog, and Peaceful Whale / Adnapemit) wins!

Thank you for playing everyone! Hope you had fun. Please send any feedback for me (publicly or privately). This may have been a bit more convoluted than I had originally planned.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am UTC

Good game Town!

@moody, sorry I left you in such a bad state. It was a tough spot to sub in and I think you did about as well as you could have given the circumstances.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 am UTC

Good game everyone! I had the most enjoyable D3 imagining Sabrar might be concerned I was going to kill him.

LaserGuy I think you played a fine game, it was a tough break that Gopher went AWOL. I think you would have done much better if you talked more. If you had more content I might have been less suspicious. moody and adnapemit, thanks again for replacing. somitomi, please don’t get discouraged, you did quite well this game, survivor is a hard role to play because you don’t have a team.

Sabrar wrote:Let's agree to be Masons next time we're both town. :D
What? We weren't masons in this game, and just having our mason chat in the game thread?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:40 am UTC

Nice! Good game all.

Scum started out super scary with multiple NK-s possible (we could have been in MYLO right from the start and Town had no control over any of the kills). Numbers were to their advantage, if they just lay low a bit then it's very likely they win easily. We simply got lucky to have lynched LaserGuy D1.

@BoomFrog: who did you target in the end N1? It's been driving me crazy.

@LaserGuy: I knew that scum was able to use their normal action in addition to the faction-kill unless the action happens to be 1-shot. I don't think I made a mistake in that regard in my analysis.

@bessie: thank you for D3, most fun I've had in quite a while (though probably will not top Shakespeare overall).

@all: apologies if I took the spotlight again with my plans, however you do know that you are allowed to scumhunt on your own regardless, right? :D

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 am UTC

bessie wrote:What? We weren't masons in this game, and just having our mason chat in the game thread?
Masons don't threaten to kill eachother. :)
There are only a few players I could imagine who would lynch their buddy like that on D1, unfortunately you are one of them so I couldn't be sure about you.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 am UTC

Yay! And I had read correctly. The "traditional" strategy would have worked!

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:26 am UTC

Cool we won! Sucks that the game I finally get a chat it ended up being with scum.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:57 am UTC

I am so glad Sabrar was actually town!
YAY!

Sabrar wrote:We simply got lucky to have lynched LaserGuy D1.

I think you mean expert collaborative detective skills....and a bit of luck...I didn't even vote
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm UTC

How come I still didn't get to kill huery?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:31 pm UTC

Wolverine can't die.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:45 pm UTC

You killed bessie, didn't you? Or maybe dimochka took some creative license with the story, seeing that it didn't change the outcome.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:46 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Wolverine can't die.

Except that Rogue (BoomFrog) was already dead, so yes you could die. OTOH, bessie died who I did nothing to.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 pm UTC

WOLVERINE DOESNT DIE
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm UTC

SPOILER
Spoiler:
He does.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:Wolverine can't die.

Except that Rogue (BoomFrog) was already dead, so yes you could die. OTOH, bessie died who I did nothing to.

No, you technically did kill Heury. I just changed the flavor because you got shot by bessie at the same time so it didn't matter (that and in the middle of the thing I forgot who's who, since I'm running on 2 hours of sleep - so technically what's shown is wrong, but I basically made sure that scum lost this game for certain, and kind of neglected everything else for the flavor).
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:12 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:There are only a few players I could imagine who would lynch their buddy like that on D1, unfortunately you are one of them so I couldn't be sure about you.
I'm not quite sure how to take this, I need to think about it. No, probably better if I don't.

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: who did you target in the end N1? It's been driving me crazy.
Oh how nice. BoomFrog, don't tell him. :twisted:

BoomFrog

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 pm UTC

@Bessie: You are surprisingly mean when you are frustrated. I'm adding notes to my dossier.

@Sabrar about your plan: How was mpolo "confirmed town" then? scum!Beast can invent and use the night kill presumably.

@Dimochka: Could scum!Beast have invented and used the NK?

@Sabrar about my night action: I followed both of my own pieces of advice but you only looked at the second one. The first was:
BoomFrog wrote:1) If we lynch scum today we will have a very good chance of winning the game even without the help of night powers. So to hedge our bets it's best to assume the lynch was a failure and we lynched town and plan accordingly. This will help us recover from the mislynch through good use of powers.

So in light of that I targeted:
Spoiler:
Bessie. And I would do it again too.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 1

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar about your plan: How was mpolo "confirmed town" then? scum!Beast can invent and use the night kill presumably.
Here.
dimochka wrote:It's specific to Beast; making a new item takes his full concentration.

I agree that it was not spelled out directly, however based on the above and the context that led to that question made it clear to me that scum!Beast wasn't able to do that. I could have been wrong of course.

BoomFrog wrote:I followed both of my own pieces of advice but you only looked at the second one.
Yeah, I skipped that. In light of you actually targeting bessie I'm glad I did. :lol:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I'm not quite sure how to take this, I need to think about it. No, probably better if I don't.
If it makes you feel better, that was meant as a compliment.

Return to “Mafia”