Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D4 - The Final Purge

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:02 pm UTC

It is LYLO. Baring the interactions of powers. Town must lynch correctly today or lose twenty dollars and my self respect.

Edit: Forum filter got me but I'm leaving it because it's still funny. Town must lynch correctly today or the mafia will win.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:33 pm UTC

So I'm guessing LYLO stands for lynch or lose? That makes more sense now.

Bessie... I don't like this... it just doesn't feel right. And it's making more sense...

Honestly, it could be scum trying to frame you... but I don't like it. Why are you still alive? I'm guessing you're going to say scum is trying to frame you, and then say I'm scum.

I wish I could phrase this better: Bessie said she got her predicesor's result, and it said Sabar was town. I think this was to get Sabar on your side. I mean, that part doesn't make sense. It pinged me at first.

This all feels wrong. And did you see my reads list? Now it looks like I'm scum trying to be townie...

Or could this all be Sabar? Putting us against each other, but why'd he let flicky marry us? It can't be Sabar, I don't feel like he'd do this. It would make any sense...

I feel like we should try to talk through this before we all vote and hammer someone.

I'm so confused at this point. We had a plan, and now it seems to be burning. I'm at a loss trying to decide who's scum, I'd suggest lynching Sabar. But this all seems too perfect for Bessie. And I'd hate to loose a game becuase I voted wrong at LYLO...

Here's my new list

Town
PW
Sabar
Bessie
Scum

And the worst thing is, scum!me/Sabar/Bessie would do the exact same thing as what scum has done. Anyone could be scum. It's really just a matter of gut feeling...
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 pm UTC

Sabar could be godfather, Bessie could be lying, PW could be desperate scum.

I'm getting a headache from all this. 50/50 chance that if you decide your lynch by a flip of a coin that you'd be right. Should we all do that? :P
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

I'm Lovers with Peaceful Whale today.

Thinking through the possibilities and claims.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

EBWOP: scum had rolecop? WTF?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm UTC

I'm not so sure this is a newbie friendly game, 3 scum, and they've got rolecop... :x why couldn't it have been one scum? And all the townies had a one shot ability?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm UTC

moody must have told the truth about being roleblocked. That means we had a 6-3 setup with scum having both rolecop and roleblock. That should clear me as they can't reasonably have GF as well.

BoomFrog wrote:You have night chat and a group nightkill power.
Night chat? I assume that's a typo?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

Daychat? And is the group night kill thingy the mafia kill?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D3 - Salt and Sugar Preserve Us

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 pm UTC

Let's see: bessie should have targeted PW, that's for damn sure. scum can't have redirection, so if not blocked she has a result.
- bessie claims Town on PW: bessie must be scum or PW is Godfather. Both are extremely unlikely.
- bessie claims Mafia on PW: I'm mechanically cleared as we can't have both Miller and GF plus Peaceful Whale would have mentioned being Miller by now.
- bessie claims to be blocked: no-one is cleared as both PW and me could have blocked her as scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 pm UTC

Ok, let's wait for bessie to claim.

But scum!bessie would have killed me I guess. Unless she wants to get special revenge on me...

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Sabar could be godfather, Bessie could be lying, PW could be desperate scum.
Yeah, this is not how a townie approaches LYLO.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:26 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:You have night chat and a group nightkill power.
Night chat? I assume that's a typo?

Sorry, yes, obviously mafia have day-chat.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

How would a townie approach LYLO, I've never been in this situation before. Pointing out the fact that some of my posts are scummy is scummy? I guess it could be WIFOM. This is partly becuase I've only been town playing in this fora.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 pm UTC

If you're Town there is no sense in you thinking about the possibility of you being scum. The others will do that for you. If you want to defend yourself then do so, just throwing out there the scenario where you are scum does not achieve anything.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

To be honest this line-up makes bessie's claim much more believable.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm UTC

Which could be exactly why scum!bessie did this.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 pm UTC

She couldn't have known D2 that it would come to this.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

We're talking about her power claim right? Her being a very strong power role protects her from lynches, becuase it's too overpowered for scum to have. And she could have made this happen, scum!bessie could choose who to lynch. And who to use her avilities on.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

So now you're accepting my claim?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 pm UTC

Maybe a little bit more.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:41 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Ummm...
well I did my part, so did flicky.
Which is, what? Who did you target last night and why?

Sabrar wrote:Ok, let's wait for bessie to claim.

But scum!bessie would have killed me I guess. Unless she wants to get special revenge on me...
No, not this time. Though I must confess I laughed a little, imagining your frustration at knowing that I would not be home and posting until after you were already asleep. :P

Anyway, I have no result on Peaceful Whale. I find it interesting that scum decided to kill flicky and block me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 am UTC

1. Whatever bessie's alignment is she wins by lynching either PW or myself and loses if she's lynched instead.
2. Therefore she doesn't care who she'll vote for and I would be wasting my time trying to convince her of anything.
3. Same goes for PW.
4. If bessie is Town I can only lose if I vote wrong, there's no rush.
5. If bessie is Mafia I can also lose by PW voting wrong.
6. On the other hand if PW is scum he cannot win by voting me so must try to convince me to vote bessie.

Highest priority: convince PW not to vote early just in case. Pre-post edit: I see he has the same idea.
Next task: reread, reread, reread.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am UTC

I targeted Bessie. I figured that she was a better player to have in late game than me. As she's more likely to be able to find scum.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 pm UTC

I'm going to have to do my full reread Friday evening, as my availability will be very limited until that time. Will try to answer any question, especially if I can keep it short.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

Wait, does this day not end? :? I've got to wait until friday? Wait, never mind today's Thursday... :P
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:13 pm UTC

Found some time. Main points that stood out from D1 interaction between bessie and heury.

heury
Makes strange meta-call. bessie is always pushy.
Immediately tries to lessen the impact. This makes me think he did not want town!bessie focusing on him.
Weird question.
Goes against his early read and places bessie high.

bessie
Gets into 'meta-read war'
'Misinterpreting' the question. I don't think heury came back to it.
Very slight town-read, exactly where I would expect scum to put their partner.
Questions flicky's strong town-read on heury. This however is more indicative of not being his buddy, though far from conclusive.
Puts heury towards the end of the list. Doesn't mean much with the caveat included.

Main thing to notice is that bessie doesn't initiate the conversations, it's heury prodding her every time that gets things going. I would say that this isn't indicative of scum-scum interactions normally.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:28 pm UTC

Ok, I'm with you so far.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

heury + Peaceful Whale

heury
Considers apple reference, discards it as flavor.
Rolefish. That point was the main reason I found heury townie as there are some things that are simply so scummy that I would think no scum would ever do that. And then I'm always surprised. However if apple is a false-claim (and it really doesn't fit bodyguard, doctor would be far more acceptable) then heury was technically not role-fishing.
Puts PW as most townie. This means basically nothing as bessie is second.
Wow, that's not a lot.

Peaceful Whale
Joke-votes scum with no explanation why that specific player.
Puts him middle of the pack while not giving any reads.
Turns out he 'forgot' about heury in his first list. This is extremely suspicious.
heury moves up, no explanation is given, though that's true for almost all players.
Moves down again, but still on the townie-side.
Wonders where heury is. Possibly not getting any pm-s in scum-chat? No, might be completely innocent inquiry.

Overall I would expect better scum-scum interaction from bessie, while the scum-team of 2 newbies is more likely to produce what we see. Strong lean to vote PW at the moment, especially coupled with all of my previous reads about bessie (though they have been extremely wrong about other players this game).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:01 pm UTC

@bessie: are you busy as well? You've been a bit quiet today.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:01 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: are you busy as well? You've been a bit quiet today.
How so? I was at work at deadline/day start. I posted as soon as I got home yesterday. I gave my result and made an observation. I didn’t feel that there was anything for me to respond to or analyze yesterday.

Well, Ok. Sabrar wants noise. Why the hell not, I aim to please. :mrgreen:

Peaceful Whale wrote:I wish I could phrase this better: Bessie said she got her predicesor's result, and it said Sabar was town. I think this was to get Sabar on your side. I mean, that part doesn't make sense. It pinged me at first.
And how does this not make any sense? Which part? The part about Znirk investigating Sabrar, or the part about me getting his result? (See my previous response to both these points here.)

Wine, but setting up Sabrar since D2 as town (documented here) to get him on my side on D4 is not a good move for me!scum. If I am scum, I have painted myself in to a corner with my claim of a town result on him. Carlington did something similar to me in Wheel of Time 2, and what happened is that as it got closer and closer to endgame he had to stand by his earlier town result on me (and others) or betray himself as scum (see WoT2 D5).

And winey meta, but clearing him and hoping to gain an ally isn’t really what scum!me would to town!Sabrar.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Or could this all be Sabar? Putting us against each other, but why'd he let flicky marry us? It can't be Sabar, I don't feel like he'd do this. It would make any sense...
Sabrar didn’t “let” flicky do anything, he just made a suggestion. It was up to flicky as to whether or not he wanted to follow through, based on his read of Sabrar.

bessie wrote: I find it interesting that scum decided to kill flicky and block me.
By the way, if flicky was the one roleblocked, maybe I would be dead and Sabrar and Peaceful Whale would be free now. Newbie scum mistake? Or I guess it could have been scum!me.

Peaceful Whale wrote:We're talking about her power claim right? Her being a very strong power role protects her from lynches, becuase it's too overpowered for scum to have. And she could have made this happen, scum!bessie could choose who to lynch. And who to use her avilities on.
So are you accepting I am a very strong power role, and therefore town? Or are you accusing scum!me of lying? This is D4, you need more than accusations, you need to find some scumtells and analyze them, or you need to call me a liar and offer some proof.

Sabrar wrote:1. Whatever bessie's alignment is she wins by lynching either PW or myself and loses if she's lynched instead.
2. Therefore she doesn't care who she'll vote for and I would be wasting my time trying to convince her of anything.
Exactly. This is why I didn’t have a lot to say yesterday. I need either one of you lynched and I win regardless of my alignment.

Sabrar wrote:Overall I would expect better scum-scum interaction from bessie, while the scum-team of 2 newbies is more likely to produce what we see.
In all fairness I feel I must point out that I am so rarely scum that this is not a definitive town tell from me.

bessie’s final setup speculation:

Town
Znirk – noisy macho cop
LaserGuy – bulletproof townie
moody7277 – town grand protector
flicky1991- town temporary matchmaker
bessie – town super backup

Mafia
plytho - mafia goon recruit
heuristically_alone – mafia rolecop
unknown – mafia roleblocker

TBD
Sabrar – vanilla townie
Peaceful Whale – town bodyguard

So where to place those two TBDs? I am certain we have a mafia roleblocker, since I was roleblocked (also claimed by moody).

Is Peaceful Whale mafia?
- I feel Peaceful Whale is lying about his claim, for a number of reasons.
- I don’t feel this is a role that is in this game, see here.
- I think he messed up his claim on D3 because it is actually his fake claim and he didn’t read it carefully.
- I think he made a slip that he is a roleblocker, already discussed here and here.

Is Sabrar mafia?
- I don’t like his vanilla town claim. I have a nagging suspicion that he is not telling the entire truth about his role. I considered that he may gain a power late in the game, or if a certain event happened, like a hammer (he was very eager to have a hammer yesterday, but then I remembered we had a hammer on D2).
- I can’t believe the setup is 6/3 with a godfather (I’ve said this before and can’t find it right now). This belief is reinforced by the other two mafia powers I know are present. So FMPOV, Sabrar has to be town.

Ok, Sabrar, is that noisy enough for you? If not ask away.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 am UTC

bessie wrote:How so? I was at work at deadline/day start. I posted as soon as I got home yesterday. I gave my result and made an observation. I didn’t feel that there was anything for me to respond to or analyze yesterday.
I just thought you'd care to comment on the rolecop, plus you didn't post before work yesterday (still today for you) which you usually do.

bessie wrote:Exactly. This is why I didn’t have a lot to say yesterday. I need either one of you lynched and I win regardless of my alignment.
Ok, if that's the reason then I won't hold it against you. :)

bessie wrote:Ok, Sabrar, is that noisy enough for you?
More than enough, thanks. Apart of some of the wine I like it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:49 am UTC

D2 bessie vs heury

heury
Claims to not having seen a question. I point it out to him here, he still never comes back to it. This makes a {bessie, heury} team unlikely. Obligatory wine: it makes a {Sabrar, heury} team unlikely as well.
Question to bessie. No real follow-up.
Declares bessie Town while simultaneously putting himself as possible scum-partner. I think that makes sense regardless of bessie's alignment, lot of potential wifom in either case.
This is again a short list.

bessie
Questions his townread on me, while she's supposedly sure that I'm actually town. Doesn't totally fit with the breadcrumb however if it's because she wants to poke at heury then it's understandable.
@bessie: would you mind explaining your thought-process there?
Pokes heury about unanswered question.
Answers LaserGuy with what feels like indignation. Response is valid though.
Accuses heury of active lurking. This feels more like coming from town.
Bit wishy-washy in her reads but puts him at bottom. Though again with the caveat.

There are a couple of points where I feel a bit of unease, however the overall feeling is again of town!bessie.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:17 pm UTC

D2 Peaceful Whale vs heury

heury
Calls scummy post scummy. Null-tell.
flicky as scum-partner based on dubious feelings.
PW potential indie. After recruit-flip? I don't think so.

Peaceful Whale (to be fair at this point I'm basically convinced that PW is scum and I read his content with that in mind)
Speculates on change in heury's style.
Puts down suspicion on meta-read and distances himself.
Further comment on heury's absence. Could be frustrating for newbie scum to be left alone.
Leaves heury to the wolves and tries to point fingers at potential scum-buddies.
Mentions rolecop, context doesn't really make sense.
Again points fingers at people who put heury above bessie.

I think D3 content is less relevant due to the circumstances (claims and Lovers) plus bussing is inherently harder to avoid in MYLO.
Will have a final read-through this evening but I'm basically prepared to vote for Peaceful Whale.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Apart of some of the wine I like it.
Yeah I know, but this is still a newbie game. I've posted other stuff in this game that I would't have posted in a regular game too.

Sabrar wrote:Questions his townread on me, while she's supposedly sure that I'm actually town. Doesn't totally fit with the breadcrumb however if it's because she wants to poke at heury then it's understandable.
@bessie: would you mind explaining your thought-process there?
You had it. It was about poking heury, not about you.

I've got an early meeting and I need to leave now, and I won't be back for about 10 hours if you want to discuss anything else. Or if you want to wrap it up, it's up to you.

Vote: Peaceful Whale

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:40 pm UTC

Oh well, that's it. Nothing I can do will convince Sabar or Bessie that I'm not scum, I can hope that Sabar is scum, that way we'll still win.

Mine as well.
Vote: Bessie
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm UTC

This is me not hammering. Final reread later.

@Peaceful Whale: if you thought I was scum you should have hammered yourself instead of voting bessie.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:36 pm UTC

Yeah, that last part doesn't make sense at all from a townie perspective. Anyway I doubt that I'll reconsider given my previous rereads and all the points I've mentioned earlier. This way I'll know the result before going to bed (hopefully).

Vote: Peaceful Whale

Congrats to bessie, doubly so if she fooled me.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:14 pm UTC

Sabrar looked at Peaceful Whale. "We're doing this together." He grabbed hold of him and leapt onto the floor. They both splattered all over the linoleum.

Bessie laughed. She bubbled with glee. It had worked, it had all worked! She was now the eternal soup, the everything soup, filled with the essence of all the other foods. She would be the most delicious and nutritious soup. The refrigerator was saved.

LaserGuy, Sabrar, moody7277, bessie, flicky, and Znirk win.

Peaceful Whale, Heuristically_alone, plytho lose.

Remaining role PM's coming, but I wanted to post before Sabrar goes to bed hopefully. (pretty sure I'm too late though.)

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:16 pm UTC

:D
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

Peaceful Whale

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:29 pm UTC

:cry:

I tried.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Return to “Mafia”