- Mods: Rajam, #HBC | YOLOSWAG
- Setup creator: Overswarm
- Size: Ideally 24. Flexible
- Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours.
- Bastardry: There are NO Vanilla Roles!
- Setup: Closed.
- Flavor: Video games crossover. No need to be familiar with flavor.
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless otherwise stated in your role PM. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.) If someone is breaking the rules and posting in a Night Phase, please don't be a dink and post saying "don't post in the Night Phase", as I will punish you for that post. Just PM me if you think there is an issue.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to post all conversations in a quick topic. Copy paste instant messages. They're amusing.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
6. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images or text (including color) in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). The same rules apply to hydra logs, masonries, and any other form of non-forum communication.
6a. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
7. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
8. You must post in English when typing a post.
9. Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can. These votes may or may not disappear at the end of a phase, depending on the mod's thoughts of you being a repeat offender. Do not break posting restrictions.
10. All the rules in this post are constant, but powers and statements by the mod in a role PM can trump them. If you feel the mod has told you something that conflicts with the rules above, please check with the mod. He will always side with a private communication rather than these rules.
11. Failure to submit a night action will result in NO ACTION taking place.
Voting and Lynching
1a. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Rajam
1b. Do not hide your vote in the middle of a post; make an effort to put it outside of text to help me find them when I'm scanning through the thread. This will prevent MOD errors.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: BoomFrog. You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene (including the lynchee's flip) is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Doing so will result in a punishment by the moderator for the following Day. There is a brief window that can be considered an acceptable accident, but forgetting to check the thread before posting is not acceptable. Do not abuse this.
Activity and Deadline
1. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends. If you fail to post regularly, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, please notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. There will be no replacements after D4 has started except in extreme circumstances; if the person can post on xkcd, they won't be replaced. Please remember you can PM me privately to let me know if someone needs to be prodded.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 5-days in real life, with weekends counting as half-time, i.e., Saturday + Sunday equates to 1 real-life day. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Should a Night last longer than 48 hours, this does not necessarily mean you have extra time to send in a Night action; this will be left up to the moderator's discretion, but do not expect your action to go through.
1a. Many of my games have had specific aspects to them that may or may not be present in this game (time travel, crystals, certain restrictions, etc.); in the case that your role allows you to do an action under a certain condition (post #, restriction-based, post based, etc.) you MUST PM the Mod when you believe this should go into effect. The Mod is not going to read every post in the game looking for something that benefits you specifically, so do your part to make sure it goes into effect. This rule allows for the moderator to create more complex games and not worry so much about MOD errors because the responsibility is delegated.
1b. Given that this responsibility is delegated to the players, it is important to note that the moderator may still enact punishments/abilities/whatever if he sees it taking place before the PM is sent. This does not give a player the ability to give a "free pass" to a player, nor does it give the player the ability to note a restriction being broken, waiting 48 hours, and then PMing the mod that the restriction was broken in an attempt to game the system. While there isn't a specific timeframe for this, it is up to the MOD's discretion.
2. Ties may be possible in certain circumstances. If this is the case, both factions will win unless otherwise stated in their role PM.
3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
4. Knowledge of Overswarm games isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Try reading up on previous Overswarm games and roles by looking through DGames Archives and MVPs. Some of the games might not necessarily even be present in DGames though, so you might have to ask someone ingame that has played my private BBR games! (please do not discuss the game with anyone outside the thread)
5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed. Not every role will make sense for their actions or alignment. Not every role is the exact same as its previous iteration, although major changes have not been made (a town doctor wouldn't suddenly be a town vig).