Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Night 2 - Blue Screen of Death

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Hari Seldon

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 1 - Let's Get This Party Started!

Postby Hari Seldon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:After, SDK has yet to contact me though

Thank you. Do you have any suspicions currently?

Madge

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 1 - Let's Get This Party Started!

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm UTC

Any chat abilities can be used at any time, including both Day and Night.

Mentoring is something we tried in Bin Chicken Mafia and it was a resounding success so decided to offer the opportunity to Peaceful Whale, who accepted. I put SDK and Peaceful Whale in touch about two minutes before I made the post announcing the mentoring relationship. Because mentoring is a new mechanic there's no hard and fast rules, it's a sort of "honour system you know what to do". SDK will not be giving Peaceful Whale reads, but just be a good sounding board for questions and might give advice on how to tackle things like reads. I was able to be a fly on the wall for the mentor chats in Bin Chicken and it consisted of lots of great general mafia playing advice being shared and no "spoon feeding".

Here's a description of the mentoring relationship taken from the Bin Chicken game:

Because we're fortunate to have so many people to offer to be replacements for this game, I've decided to give a "mentor" mechanic a try. If you are playing this game, you can request a mentor - this is someone who isn't playing but you will be able to send PMs to concerning the game, they can give you advice on playing, etc. The mentor relationship will be public (i.e. everyone will know you are being mentored and who by), and I will be included in the PMs and make sure that no impropriety is going on.

If anyone else wants a mentor please let me know and I will attempt to find one for you.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:47 pm UTC

Votals:

Somitomi - (2) - jimbob, laserguy
wam - (1) - somitomi
Hari Seldon - (1) - Moody
Peaceful Whale - (1) - wam
moody - (1) - Peaceful Whale
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:58 am UTC

wam wrote:Now i re read it it makes sense, I didn't explain myself properly. What I was saying was that spotting the day chat only thing was suspicious as it is what someone with chat would spot, not missing the night length.
Yes, I FoS’d somitomi for knowing about daychat even though it appears he did not read the rules carefully. And my FoS on you remains for pointing out that you allegedly didn’t know there was day chat. Again.

wam wrote: nothing has really stood out for me so far!
Well wam, if there has been nothing attention-grabbing for you to talk about, perhaps you can help generate some more interesting content. Can you expand on your town reads of LaserGuy and somitimi?

Hari Seldon, good to have you in the game, it’s always great having new people. You should probably make three more posts in the “General” forum because there are supposed to be some posting restrictions for new members until they have five posts (you might not be able to post links). Posts in Forum Games and Mafia do not count toward your official post count.

Peaceful Whale, you didn’t reply to my question in this post. Why did you vote for me for being “obviously town”? Do you think moody is scum? LaserGuy has placed a serious vote, so random voting stage is over, and you didn’t remove your vote.

somitomi and wam, you also posted after LaserGuy declared his vote serious. Care to justify not removing your RVS votes?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am UTC

somitomi wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:What does memory have to do with it? You said you thought the nights would be short because there is daychat.

I didn't remember the length of the night phase was fixed, therefore I (erroreously) assumed night phase ends as soon as all actions are submitted

Maybe I'm just being obtuse, but walk me through this. Speed of day/night cycles are mentioned right at the top of the rules:
Madge wrote:Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours. Nights will end early if chatters are finished and all actions are received.

Even if you missed that one, it is mentioned again in a prominent place.
Madge wrote:Deadlines:
In general, days will last for 5 days. Nights will last for 2 days, or until all night actions are finished. Weekends will count as half time.

Daychat, on the other hand, isn't mentioned until near the end of the rule list, buried in the PM section.
Madge wrote:6. All chat is daychat.

I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't have noticed either of those mentions of the length of night, but would notice that scum have daychat.

bessie wrote:FoS Peaceful Whale.
Double FoS Peaceful Whale.
FoS Somitimi.
FoS wam.

Calling out three people in your first post? You are feeling very spirited this game. I like it :) Have you ever played with wam before? I know he's old guard but that's about it.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 am UTC

bessie wrote:Care to justify not removing your RVS votes?

Nope, it just occured to me that I should
unvote wam.
LaserGuy wrote:Maybe I'm just being obtuse, but walk me through this.

Right. Two days ago I was still in FaiD mafia, where (similarly to this game) all chats were daychats but (unlike this game) night ended as soon as possible (i.e. when all actions were submitted). That game ended for me right as this game started and I probably confused the two games momentarily while writing this post.
Actually I was a little worried about playing two games at once, but luckily the other game ended just in time. Or so I thought...
LaserGuy wrote:I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't have noticed either of those mentions of the length of night, but would notice that scum have daychat.

It's not that I noticed once thing and didn't notice the other, it's that I remembered one thing and misremembered the other sometime later. Maybe it's a little wishful thinking, I liked the nightless setup for its lack of idle periods.
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm UTC

Unvote

Bessie, even though you are probably town, and you have the towniest meta in the world, I voted for you becuase some day, you’ll be scum and will finally be lynched.

I haven’t been on the forum for a while (just woke up) so that’s why my joke Vote was still on moody, sorry about that.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:19 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie, even though you are probably town,

Beware the Gambler's fallacy; bessie has the same ~1/4 chance of being scum as the rest of you. I'm agreeing with the 2-man scum theory since one mislynch to LYLO is a bit harsh, especially for Madge, and doesn't allow for town powers to come into play. I'd put the possibility split between 7/2 and 6/2/1 at 50/50; it's popped up often enough that having one is more likely even in a small game than otherwise.

@Maven89: If we do have an independent, you still planning to push hard on them should they announce themselves?

Unvote
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm UTC

unvote

At the time I felt we were still in rvs one players proclamation doesn't really change that.

The town read is just gut feel tbh. Don't think I can detail it out more. Will have a read through and see if I can put anything behind it.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 pm UTC

Right having re read and had some time for a change.

1) Jimbob you never answered my question how did you know he was called alfred?

2) in the laser guy somi argument
This post from somi
Spoiler:
somitomi wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:What does memory have to do with it? You said you thought the nights would be short because there is daychat.

I didn't remember the length of the night phase was fixed, therefore I (erroreously) assumed night phase ends as soon as all actions are submitted. Possibly because that was the case in another game I played quite recently, where night was practically nonexistent as a result.
Peaceful Whale wrote:In all my games scum has had day chat, though the no night chat is interesting.

I was under the impression that night-chat was the "default", at least the newbie game had nightchat IIRC.

Comes across as frustrated town to me.

This laser guy post comes across as town as well

Spoiler:
LaserGuy wrote:
somitomi wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:According to rules, nights are 48 hours. Interesting that you noticed the part about chats but not about nights.

Uh-oh, me and my lousy short-term memory.
Also, what did I just say about quoting me on that? :P

What does memory have to do with it? You said you thought the nights would be short because there is daychat.

My vote is now serious.

wam wrote:I had also missed the all chats are daychats in the opening post, so supciouns at somi for that one.

Third game in a row where somebody has done the "I'm obvtown because I didn't know scum have daychat thing". Interesting.

Moody thats an odd question for Maven, is there some background I'm missing.

Peaceful whale is giving me a different impression to our FAID game and which is making me lean towards town. I don't want to add to this yet as that game is still ongoing but we are both dead!

Answering Moody's question viewtopic.php?f=53&t=108901

Was a long time ago! Not sure if we played any others thats just the one I found first.

If anyone wants a meta read of me, if you search by first post only in the mafia subforum you will find all the games I have played and modded. 102 results, 101 games and the pronouns thread!

NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL WHEN USING SEARCH YOU CAN ACCIDENTALLY SEE SPOILERS

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:53 pm UTC

wam wrote:Moody thats an odd question for Maven, is there some background I'm missing.

Maven was one of the people from the Smashboards site who participated in the big game that just finished. Their policy toward independently aligned roles was more aggressive than the typical xkcd response, especially wrt Madge.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Note that I did very little setup spec the first two days of Crossover mafia, and was heavily FoS’d because it was so atypical of my meta.

Not really concerned with the meta part of it, tbh

bessie wrote:Why bodyguard/backup? With 9 players there are probably at most two investigative type roles (in my spec, cop and watcher/tracker). The backup would ensure that if both investigative roles were killed before D2 (lynch and NK) then town would get at least one investigation. Why innocent child? This is me gaming the game. Sabrar brings up innocent child in a lot of games so I’m speculating that he included a role of this type.

This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

moody7277 wrote:
@Maven89: If we do have an independent, you still planning to push hard on them should they announce themselves?

What value does this question have? I'll let this game speak to what I'll do

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm UTC

My thoughts on the Bessie question is that there were several possibilities. She could be scum with scum-confirmed information about the roles, she could be scum throwing out random roles in the hopes that the "setup" she provides will stick and the town would be left with a false concept of the PRs, or she could have meta/mathmatical reasons to believe what she said. Her response shows the last, so I find that line of questioning closed.

Moody's question makes me wonder if he's an independent. That seems way too specific of a question to just throw out randomly.

I agree with Bessie that Wam constantly pointing out that he apparently didn't know about the day chat to be odd and a little too much "look at me I don't know scum things, I'm town"

Wam, if the day was going to end right now, and you had to pick one person to be lynched (no non-lynch), who would you pick?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm UTC

I think it’s pretty common for independents to be slightly anti-townie. However if we do have an independent, and 2 mafia, I very much doubt that they’d be high up on the priority lynch list. Given as an existence of indie would mean we could be at LYLO D2...

An Indie could actually be a help, especially if they’re a one shot, with a survive till the end win-con.

Are there really any specifically anti-town indies? Besides serial killer?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm UTC

So you shouldn’t worry moody, we won’t lynch you. (Right away) :P :lol:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 pm UTC

Unvote

I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so am mostly restricted to occasional moments of phone reading and the odd post here and there, hence my lack of answer to wam's question until now.

@wam - my answer is that I don't know the name of the dead character. The comment was pure joke. Why did you consider my knowledge or otherwise of the character's name important?

@PW - how does the presence of an indie lead to LYLO tomorrow?

Opinions and reads will have to wait until tomorrow when I'll be back home and have more time.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Calling out three people in your first post? You are feeling very spirited this game. I like it :) Have you ever played with wam before? I know he's old guard but that's about it.
Games on this forum used to have much longer days (1 -2 weeks, extensions common). It’s only recently that we’ve shifted toward shorter cycles. I like it, especially the move toward daychat/short nights. But this means that there’s less time for idle chit chat and RVS on D1, and we need to start generating actual game content early. I never take part in RVS anyway, when I vote it will be serious. So if I see questionable content on page one, I’m not going to wait four days until I do a reads list to call it out.

wam was one of the veteran players in my first mafia game.
wam wrote:Answering Moody's question viewtopic.php?f=53&t=108901
That one too :) (LaserGuy’s question, not moody’s).

Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie, even though you are probably town, and you have the towniest meta in the world, I voted for you becuase some day, you’ll be scum and will finally be lynched.
moody7277 wrote:Beware the Gambler's fallacy; bessie has the same ~1/4 chance of being scum as the rest of you.
And how does “~1/4 chance of being scum” conflict with “probably town”? Why the pointed note of caution toward me in particular, if I have the same odds of being scum as everyone else? FoS moody.

And Peaceful Whale, Hari Seldon asked you a question at the top of this page that you haven’t answered.

Peaceful Whale wrote:I think it’s pretty common for independents to be slightly anti-townie. However if we do have an independent, and 2 mafia, I very much doubt that they’d be high up on the priority lynch list. Given as an existence of indie would mean we could be at LYLO D2...

An Indie could actually be a help, especially if they’re a one shot, with a survive till the end win-con.

Are there really any specifically anti-town indies? Besides serial killer?
I would say that most indies are fundamentally anti-town, as their win condition is usually independent of the town win condition. For example, if a survivor chooses to help town, it is usually because town is in a better position to help them fulfill their win condition, not because town is the "good guys" so they want them to win. Indies like serial killer are more dangerous to town than a survivor because those type of roles usually don’t share wins.

Peaceful Whale wrote:So you shouldn’t worry moody, we won’t lynch you. (Right away) :P :lol:
That’s an interesting comment. Why don’t you think moody will be lynched? Do you think he’s town?

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

Maven89 wrote:
Wam, if the day was going to end right now, and you had to pick one person to be lynched (no non-lynch), who would you pick?

Good question

Based on what I have so far put together the list below

Alphabetical within groups as thats what you get sorting by author

Leaning Town particular order)
Bessie - Like the content, asking questions stating suspicions etc
Laserguy - Mostly setup spec to start fair enough, followed by the pressure on somi. See above for town read
Maven - Setup spec again, plus good content in pushing me for an answer as when I got that question I realised I had just been stating town reads.
Peaceful whale - See earlier based on feeling compared to last game
Somi - See earlier post about their interaction with Jimbob

Netural
Hari - Not enough content (2 posts) for any real reads, will await more content before making a judgement.

Leaning Scum
Jimbob - See Below
Moody - Quite a few posts no real content is the impression I got reading just his posts

Jimbob the question is important. As the name of the first kill is exactly the sort of flavour information I would expect madge to put in a scum role PM.

Maven, Based on the above it would be a jimbob lynch as number 1 and a long way behind that moody.

So

Vote Jimbob

Ninja'd by bessie, I'm going back to re-read that one and see how I did!

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Just wait until Bessie starts tunneling. :mrgreen:

What do you mean by that? And who is this adressed to?
wam wrote:Jimbob the question is important. As the name of the first kill is exactly the sort of flavour information I would expect madge to put in a scum role PM.

When I first read that post I thought Jimbbob made the name up as flavor and he basically said he did exactly that. I don't see what warrants a vote here.
FoS wam
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 pm UTC

Page 1

JimBob

Spoiler:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:A) My, my. How inconsiderate of these petty humans causing all this disruption to our little social gathering. Poor Alfred getting staked like that. It must be such a painful way to go. I would hate it to happen to me.

B) Vote somitomi

C) for quite clearly being scum.

D) Setup spec: 7-2 or 6-2-1. No more scum than 2, unless one has some kind of ulterior motive. If 7-2, I expect town to have somewhat weaker abilities in the main (exceptions may be present), though I expect that's pretty obvious.

A) Providing a name for our dead friend gives me the impression that JimBob is being carefree and that he is genuinely getting into character. [2]

B) [0]

C) [0]

D) [0]
Town Points from Player this Page: 2
Town Points From Others this Page: 0.2 (Wam)
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 4)] = 0.5
Town Points From Previous Total: 0
Total Town Points: 2.7

JimBob, in your opening post, you said that you expect town to have somewhat weaker abilities in the main. What does "main" mean?

Wam

Spoiler:
wam wrote:A) vote jimbob

B) For heavy sarcasm. C) Also how do you know he was called Alfred.

A) [0]
B) [0]
C) It is not likely that Wam would ask this if Wam and JimBob were Mafia partners. There is a high statistical rate that a Mafia will ask their partner a serious question within the first three pages. There is a low statistical rate that a Mafia will ask their partner a pseudoserious question during RVS. The smaller the player size, the less value this has. This goes for all positive town points stemming from player interactions. [0.1]

wam wrote:A) unvote

B) Vote peaceful whale

C) Sdk is a name I remeber and can't be trusted!

D) can you give us more details on what mentoring covers?

A) Wam did not keep his vote on JimBob for more than one post [-0.1]. Wam has the second highest post count among the players (7/35), hinting that he is an active and more carefree player. Due to that, I have the impression that Wam unvoting JimBob was not a calculated interaction with a Mafia partner [0.1]. [Net: 0]
B) [0]
C) Wam RVs Peaceful Whale for a completely unserious reason. This is juxtaposed to asking a legitimate question from JimBob in his opening post. Though it is not likely that Wam's question was serious, it is still a legitimate question. I have the instinct that a Mafia would be more inclined to RV their partner as their second vote, particularly in this scenario where the unserious nature was made distinct. [-0.1]
D) [0]
wam wrote:A) I had also missed the all chats are daychats in the opening post, so supciouns at somi for that one. B) Mild suspciouns but they are there!
A) Early, carefree suspicion. [1]
B) I have the impression that this is backtracking and pre-defensive. [-0.5]

wam wrote:@ Bessie as people with chat are more likely to notice that restriction!

[0]

wam wrote:I agree with the 6/2/1 spec it makes sense to me. Imagine scum have some powers to offset being at a slight disadvantage.

This post didn't stem from the natural flow of conversation. Due to that, I have the impression that this is forced content. [-2]
wam wrote:@ bessier

A) Now i re read it it makes sense, I didn't explain myself properly. What I was saying was that spotting the day chat only thing was suspicious as it is what someone with chat would spot, not missing the night length.

B) nothing has really stood out for me so far!

A) [0]
B) I have the instinct that these aren't Mafia words. [0.5]

wam wrote:When I used to play day chat was very rare!

B) Laser and somi interaction is coming off town v town to me.

A) This is a late answer to Bessie. [-0.1]
B) Wam is the second player to provide serious impressions of other players and the first to provide town impressions. [2]
Town Points from Player this Page: 0.9
Town Points from Other Players this Page: 0
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 1)] = 0.9
Town Points from Previous Total: 0
Total Town Points: 1.8

Somitomi

Spoiler:
somitomi wrote:A) Oh my, I thought deaths in mafia only occured after the start of the game. What an unsettling turn of events.
B) Vote: wam
C) For taking my OMGUS-vote on jimbob.

A) 0
B) 0
C) This is an RV that was not predetermined [0.1].

somitomi wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Sup guys, I have a quick question about the rules. In Crossover, it was mentioned that this site normally shows flips the day after? So if we lynch someone day 1, we don't get their flip until the start of day 2. Is this correct?

Don't quote me on this, but I think yes. A) I don't think nights are going to take too long though, since all private chats are daychats.
LaserGuy wrote:For having a post that sounds a little too similar to jimbob's. Probably scum together.

B) moody's post also sonds like mine
*x-files music*

A) This is a bizarre assumption. I'm puzzled by it, but perhaps reading through Somitomi's recent game will provide clarity. [-1]
B) I also have this impression. [0.5]

somitomi wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:According to rules, nights are 48 hours. Interesting that you noticed the part about chats but not about nights.

A) Uh-oh, me and my lousy short-term memory.
B) Also, what did I just say about quoting me on that? :P
wam wrote:I had also missed the all chats are daychats in the opening post, so supciouns at somi for that one. Mild suspciouns but they are there!

C) You missed that, I missed how long nights are. That's a draw so far.

A) I am puzzled by this excuse. Somitomi had the correct understanding. LaserGuy is incorrect about the rule. Night's are 48 hours but end if all actions are submitted. I do not have a good impression from Somitomi reacting with an excuse, as opposed to double checking the rules and correcting LaserGuy. It leads me to suspect that Somitomi is lying about having read that particular rule in the fist place. One can't forget something that never was. [-3]

somitomi wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:What does FoS stand for?

Finger of Supsicion. But how could you not know this already?
FoS Peaceful Whale for trying to look like a newbie :P

I agree that Peaceful Whale should know this already. It has been used in his past games. [1]

somitomi wrote:

I didn't remember the length of the night phase was fixed, therefore I (erroreously) assumed night phase ends as soon as all actions are submitted. Possibly because that was the case in another game I played quite recently, where night was practically nonexistent as a result.
Peaceful Whale wrote:In all my games scum has had day chat, though the no night chat is interesting.

I was under the impression that night-chat was the "default", at least the newbie game had nightchat IIRC.

[0]
Town Points from Player this Page: -2.4
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9-2)] = 0.8
Total Town Points: -1.6

Somitomi, what is the game that you played recently with short night phases? Also, what are your preferred pronouns?

Moody

Spoiler:
moody7277 wrote:Hunters*, at our Halloween party (it's more likely than you think)? How rude of them to disrupt our well earned festivities.

Vote: Hari Seldon

for having such an obviously human name.

*in a "saving people, hunting things, the family business" sense.

[0]
moody7277 wrote:
wam wrote:Sdk is a name I remeber and can't be trusted!

My thoughts exactly. I figure that when it comes to claims, he'll say he's an unlynchable vig who upon being NKed makes town win automatically while secretly being the midnight slasher what slashes at midnight (not that I expect there to be a SK).

In Moody's last game, Crossover, where he was a Mafia, he got right into serious business. I don't get an on edge impression as I do from reading his posts in that game. [2]
Town Points from Player this Page: 2
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 3)] = 0.7
Total Town Points: 2.7

Peaceful Whale

Spoiler:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Vote Bessie

Who is obviously town again. :roll:
Curse her townie meta!!!

(This is a joke Vote)

(If Bessie is actually scum, I take full credit for her lynch, if she is lynched)

I have the instinct that there is something off about this, but my conscious mind has not yet fully identified what it is. I believe I get the impression that Peaceful Whale is being more deliberate than in his previous game, Crossover.

Actually, I took a look through Peaceful Whale's postings in Crossover and I believe I know where my impression is coming from. Peaceful Whale is being deliberate and consistent with his punctuation. In Crossover, his punctuation was sporadic, particularly his use of exclamation marks, question marks, and ellipses. That sporadic use signified a carefree approach and that his thoughts were in a state of free flow. Juxtaposed to his postings in Crossover, his postings in this game have so far been terse. Peaceful Whale also used ellipses frequently in Crossover. On page one alone, he used them seven times. He has only used them once on this page. I have the impression that Peaceful Whale's use of ellipses was indicative of uncertainty and a mind that was continually processing. His reduced use in this game leads me to suspect that he is not internally exploring information in the same way and/or that he is not as uncertain as he was in Crossover. [-1.5]

Peaceful Whale wrote:unvote

Vote moody

He is aperently a know it all again, for he just perfectly practically word for word recited my role name!!!

(Joking again FYI)

[0]

Peaceful Whale wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:unvote

Vote moody

He is aperently a know it all again, for he just perfectly, word for word, recited my role name!!!

(Joking again FYI)

Fixed

Oh, intriguing. The first time I read this, I did not realize that this fix was a fix in punctuation. This justifies my impression that Peaceful Whale is being deliberate with his punctuation. [-0.5]

Peaceful Whale wrote:What does FoS stand for?

Peaceful Whale must have seen FoS by now. It was used in his previous games. [-0.5]

Peaceful Whale wrote:That is super ambiguous, at least IGMEON makes sense...

[0]

[0]

Peaceful Whale wrote:

And day chat I suppose

[0]

Peaceful Whale wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:

And day chat I suppose

Meant night chat I’m an idiot

[0]

Peaceful Whale wrote:Just wait until Bessie starts tunneling. :mrgreen:

I have the instinct that there is something off about this, but my conscious mind has not yet fully identified what it is. I need to get a better understanding of Peaceful Whale's meaning. [-0.5]

[0]
Town Points from Player this Page: -3.0
Town Points from Other Players this Page: -0.1 (Wam)
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 0)] = 1
Total Town Points: -2.1

Peaceful Whale, why did you ask what FoS stood for if you have seen it before? What did you mean when you said to just wait until Bessie starts tunneling, and what exactly were you responding to? Why have you not responded to my asking if you have any suspicions so far?

LaserGuy

Spoiler:
LaserGuy wrote:A) Vote somitomi

B) For having a post that sounds a little too similar to jimbob's. C) Probably scum together.

A) [0]
B) [0]
C) I am a fan of pseudoserious points in RVS. It gives me the impression of Scum hunting right out of the gates. [0.2]

LaserGuy wrote:
somitomi wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Sup guys, I have a quick question about the rules. In Crossover, it was mentioned that this site normally shows flips the day after? So if we lynch someone day 1, we don't get their flip until the start of day 2. Is this correct?

Don't quote me on this, but I think yes. I don't think nights are going to take too long though, since all private chats are daychats.

A) According to rules, nights are 48 hours. Interesting that you noticed the part about chats but not about nights.

B) @Maven, yes, flip from lynch is usually revealed at end of night. Also note that y we don't need a majority vote to lynch... whomever has the most votes gets lynched.

A) This is more indication that LaserGuy is Scum hunting right out of the gates. [0.2]

B) [0]

LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:Welcome to the mafia forum Hari Seldon! Do you have any experience playing mafia? Also please let us know your preferred pronouns.

Initial setup spec (work in progress):
6 town – cop (with TBD restriction), doctor, tracker or watcher, 1-shot bulletproof townie, backup or bodyguard, and innocent child, two of which are masons
2 mafia - roleblocker, 1-shot strongman
1 independent that can win independently or with any faction

Why do you think 6-2-1 instead of 7-2?

I would like to know LasurGuy's motivation for asking this question. I will wait to explain why I am suspicious of this post and I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [-0.5]

LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Why do you think 6-2-1 instead of 7-2?
Again, this is me gaming the game. I think 6-2-1 might appeal to Madge. So LaserGuy, what’s your setup spec?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't 7-2. Sabrar tends to believe town needs two mislynches for a balanced setup. I remember he was quite vexed in Fridge mafia about town having one (among other things).

I'll reserve judgment about roles for now.

[0]

LaserGuy wrote:
somitomi wrote:

Uh-oh, me and my lousy short-term memory.
Also, what did I just say about quoting me on that? :P

A) What does memory have to do with it? You said you thought the nights would be short because there is daychat.

B) My vote is now serious.

wam wrote:I had also missed the all chats are daychats in the opening post, so supciouns at somi for that one.

C) Third game in a row where somebody has done the "I'm obvtown because I didn't know scum have daychat thing". Interesting.

A) LaserGuy is continuing his line of questioning. This further supports my impression that his earlier posts were not frivolous. [0.2]
B) LaserGuy is the first player to make a serious vote. [1]
C) I would like to have a better understanding of why LaserGuy thinks this is notable.
Town Points from Player this Page: 1.1
Town Points from Other Players this Page: -1 (Bessie)
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 2)] = 0.8
Total Town Points: 0.9

LaserGuy, what was your motivation for asking Bessie why she suspected 6-2-1 instead of 7-2? Why do you think it is interesting that it is the third game in a row that someone has done the "I'm obvtown because I didn't know scum have daychat thing"? Did you miss that the rules say Night will end if all actions are submitted?

Maven

Spoiler:

This is a bizarre question to ask at the start of the game. Maven did not vote or respond to any of the postings that had been made. This question is not relevant to the present time, leading me to suspect that Maven had asked this for the purpose of putting words on the page. [-1]

Maven89 wrote:
bessie wrote:Initial setup spec (work in progress):
6 town – cop (with TBD restriction), doctor, tracker or watcher, 1-shot bulletproof townie, backup or bodyguard, and innocent child, two of which are masons

This seems extremely detailed for the lack of information we have. Some of those roles are common enough, but why are you assuming the bulletproof dynamic, innocent child, or backup?
My instinct is also giving me a negative impression of this post. I do not get the impression that it stems from the natural flow of conversation or evaluation. I will contrast this to LaserGuy. He began making accusations and asking questions right out of the gate. His Scum hunting has had a rhythm to it. Maven's two posts are analogous to two notes being played in different scales. This leads me to suspect that his questions are forced and do not stem from a genuine Town. [-2] There is also a high statistical rate that a Mafia will ask their partner a serious question within the first three pages. That is the Vibe I get from this post. [-0.2]
Town Points from Player this Page: -3
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 - 3)] = 0.7
Total Town Points: -2.3

Bessie

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:A) Welcome to the mafia forum Hari Seldon! Do you have any experience playing mafia? Also please let us know your preferred pronouns.

B) Initial setup spec (work in progress):

Peaceful Whale wrote:Vote Bessie

Who is obviously town again. :roll:
Curse her townie meta!!!
C) If I am town, why would you vote for me? FoS Peaceful Whale.

Madge wrote:SDK is now mentoring Peaceful Whale
D) Double FoS Peaceful Whale.

somitomi wrote:I don't think nights are going to take too long though, since all private chats are daychats.
E) FoS Somitimi.

wam wrote:I had also missed the all chats are daychats in the opening post, so supciouns at somi for that one. Mild suspciouns but they are there!
F) If is it suspicious to you that Somitomi missed something in the opening post, then why wouldn’t it be suspicious that you also missed something? FoS wam.
A) [0]
B) Bessie has proved that this sort of speculation is a part of the way she plays. [0]
C) I am not certain whether or not this is serious. I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [0]
D) I am not certain whether or not this is serious. I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [0]
E) I am not certain whether or not this is serious. I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [0]
F) I am not certain whether or not this is serious. I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [0]

bessie wrote:
wam wrote:@ Bessie as people with chat are more likely to notice that restriction!
A) Thank you for pointing out a second time that you didn’t know all chats are day chat!

Maven89 wrote: This seems extremely detailed for the lack of information we have. Some of those roles are common enough, but why are you assuming the bulletproof dynamic, innocent child, or backup?
B) It is typical for me to discuss the setup, a lot (see X-Men), and to present my setup speculation early in the game, sometimes quite detailed (Shakespeare), often in my first post (Refrigerator, Diablo, The Dark Tower, Wheel of Time II).

Note that I did very little setup spec the first two days of Crossover mafia, and was heavily FoS’d because it was so atypical of my meta.

Why bodyguard/backup? With 9 players there are probably at most two investigative type roles (in my spec, cop and watcher/tracker). The backup would ensure that if both investigative roles were killed before D2 (lynch and NK) then town would get at least one investigation. Why innocent child? This is me gaming the game. Sabrar brings up innocent child in a lot of games so I’m speculating that he included a role of this type.

LaserGuy wrote:Why do you think 6-2-1 instead of 7-2?
C) Again, this is me gaming the game. I think 6-2-1 might appeal to Madge. D) So LaserGuy, what’s your setup spec?

A) Bessie is one of the first players to pressure other players. [0.2]
B) [0]
C) [0]
D) This is a rather aggressive response to a question that wasn't accusatory. There is a high statistical rate that a Mafia will ask their partner a serious question within the first three pages. There is also a high statistical rate that a Mafia will display unwarranted aggression toward their partner during Day 1. I have both of these vibes from this post. [-1]
Town Points from Player this Page: -1.8
Town Points from Other Players this Page: -0.2 (Maven)
Activity Bonus: [(1/9) x (9 -3)] = 0.7
Total Town Points: -1.3

Bessie, were the suspicions you declared for Peaceful Whale serious? If they were, what gave you the impression that Peaceful Whale's opening post was serious and why do you think it is suspicious that Peaceful Whale is being mentored? Were the other suspicions made in your opening post serious? If they were, what did you think was suspicious about the post you quoted from Somitomi? What was your motivation behind asking LaserGuy for his setup spec?

These are my readings from most Town to most Mafia. I endorse lynching anyone below the zero point.

JimBob 2.7
Moody 2.7
Wam 1.8
LaserGuy 0.9

-Zero Point-

Bessie -1.3
Somitomi -1.6
Peaceful Whale -2.1
Maven -2.3

I don't have the time to do it in this post, but later I will take a thorough look at the interactions between players, which will change some of the readings.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 pm UTC

:shock: Holy schwarz that is a lot of text, not to mention the highly mathematical approach.
Hari Seldon wrote:Somitomi, what is the game that you played recently with short night phases? Also, what are your preferred pronouns?

This one (you need to join the usergroup "Truly Free" to see that subforum)
I've been in two other games so far: X-men and Bin Chicken.
Hari Seldon wrote:double checking the rules and correcting LaserGuy

I actually didn't double-check, I assumed LaserGuy checked the rules thoroughly before calling me out. :oops:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 pm UTC

wam wrote:When I used to play day chat was very rare!

Laser and somi interaction is coming off town v town to me.

This is who I was talking to, reffering to when Bessie tunneled plytho last game, even though they were both town.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:48 pm UTC

I have seen FoS before, and kinda understood it from the context of the sentence. However, Somi has just used it several times, and it was bugging me that I don’t know what it was.

Regarding my increased use of punctuation and correct grammar. It doesn’t necessarily mean I’m scum, look at my other scum games. FaiD, and Fridge. Is it possible that I’m maturing? Being more careful with writing?

What I wrote is how you view me, it’s in my best interests to sound and appear like a well rounded adult. (Ignore the fact that I’m 14). And with the lack of parentheses.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
:mrgreen:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I have seen FoS before, and kinda understood it from the context of the sentence. However, Somi has just used it several times, and it was bugging me that I don’t know what it was.

Regarding my increased use of punctuation and correct grammar. It doesn’t necessarily mean I’m scum, look at my other scum games. FaiD, and Fridge. Is it possible that I’m maturing? Being more careful with writing?

What I wrote is how you view me, it’s in my best interests to sound and appear like a well rounded adult. (Ignore the fact that I’m 14). And with the lack of parentheses.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
:mrgreen:

Your other scum games, meaning that you are scum in this game? [-1]

Why have you not answered my question at the top of this page?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:

Sorry, it appears I have missed it.
[-1]

Nope, I feel like not enough people have actually posted enough to fully judge everyone else. I like to compare people... it’s still early D1, and I’m willing to wait until the party gets going before I point at people and cry wolf. Though in this case it’d be wolf killer(?). (Is it werewolf/vampire hunter or something else. scum, feel free to elaborate)
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:

[-1]

Nope, I feel like not enough people have actually posted enough to fully judge everyone else. I like to compare people... it’s still early D1, and I’m willing to wait until the party gets going before I point at people and cry wolf. Though in this case it’d be wolf killer(?). (Is it werewolf/vampire hunter or something else. scum, feel free to elaborate)
Bessie pointed it out on this page and I pointed it out again in my Page 1 evaluation, which you responded to. It does not seem probable that you missed it.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:00 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:

[-1]

Bessie pointed it out on this page and I pointed it out again in my Page 1 evaluation, which you responded to. It does not seem probable that you missed it.

It appears I have either read over it, or have forgotten to answer it.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:00 pm UTC

However it is answered now.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:Welcome to the mafia forum Hari Seldon! Do you have any experience playing mafia? Also please let us know your preferred pronouns.

Initial setup spec (work in progress):

Why do you think 6-2-1 instead of 7-2?

I would like to know LasurGuy's motivation for asking this question. I will wait to explain why I am suspicious of this post and I will revise my impression when I have a better understanding of it. [-0.5]

I have found bessie to be fairly reliable as guessing setup specs in the past, so I am always interested in seeing what she puts forward and how it matches my own impressions. As I noted, in this sized game, I would generally expect a 7-2 setup especially coming from Sabrar, since Sabrar is quite... obsessed... with game balance and has commented unfavorably on setups that start with Town at one mislynch to MYLO/LYLO in the past, so bessie's inclusion of an indie was surprising to me. I also found it interesting that she was willing to specify exact roles for Town and mafia, but didn't even give a hint at what she thought about the independent. So I wanted to know her thought process behind including the independent in the first place.

Why do you think it is interesting that it is the third game in a row that someone has done the "I'm obvtown because I didn't know scum have daychat thing"?

Somebody forgetting that scum have daychat came up in both Fridge mafia (by plytho, scum) and Crossover (by Znirk, town) quite recently and the point was discussed at length in both those games and in GoJoe in the interim. It's an interesting coincidence, if nothing else. Like bessie, I'm somewhat skeptical of treating this as a towntell, which, theoretically it ought to be since scum should know their own chat settings, and more inclined to treat this as potential WIFOM--especially from an apparently extremely experienced player.

Did you miss that the rules say Night will end if all actions are submitted?

No, I just think it's unlikely that such a rule will be relevant as long as there are players able to chat.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:JimBob

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:A) My, my. How inconsiderate of these petty humans causing all this disruption to our little social gathering. Poor Alfred getting staked like that. It must be such a painful way to go. I would hate it to happen to me.

A) Providing a name for our dead friend gives me the impression that JimBob is being carefree and that he is genuinely getting into character. [2]

Why do you feel this is so strongly alignment indicative?

somitomi wrote:Right. Two days ago I was still in FaiD mafia, where (similarly to this game) all chats were daychats but (unlike this game) night ended as soon as possible (i.e. when all actions were submitted). That game ended for me right as this game started and I probably confused the two games momentarily while writing this post.

This doesn't appear to be how that game worked at all. That game was completely nightless. You had to submit your actions before the end of the night, and night took as long as it did for the mod to show up and process the actions. Here's the relevant rule from that game:

MasterOfAll wrote:This is a nightless format game. If you have a night power that you want to use, please send me a PM before the end of the day. Nights will only last long enough for me to process actions. Players with the ability to PM other players may use this ability all through the day.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:16 am UTC

wam wrote:Jimbob the question is important. As the name of the first kill is exactly the sort of flavour information I would expect madge to put in a scum role PM.
I agree with somitomi on this one, it seems like a really unlikely slip for an experienced player.

Hari Seldon wrote: D) This is a rather aggressive response to a question that wasn't accusatory. There is a high statistical rate that a Mafia will ask their partner a serious question within the first three pages. There is also a high statistical rate that a Mafia will display unwarranted aggression toward their partner during Day 1. I have both of these vibes from this post. [-1]
I’m intrigued by these statistics, as I've never thought about it this way, in that I haven't really researched it or run any numbers myself. But I assume there is also a high statistical rate that a town player will ask another player a serious question in the first three pages. And I’m pretty sure that there is a high statistical rate that town!bessie will display unwarranted aggression toward another player during Day 1. :P

Hari Seldon wrote: A) Bessie, were the suspicions you declared for Peaceful Whale serious? If they were, what gave you the impression that Peaceful Whale's opening post was serious and

B) why do you think it is suspicious that Peaceful Whale is being mentored? Were the other suspicions made in your opening post serious?

C) If they were, what did you think was suspicious about the post you quoted from Somitomi?

D) What was your motivation behind asking LaserGuy for his setup spec?

A) Yes. I think it was an awkwardly forced joke, not natural at all. And he got the joke wrong; he should have made a joke about me being obviously scum after drawing only town role pms for almost the past two years straight. Odd to joke about someone being town and voting for them.

Note that if Peaceful Whale had made a joke about me being obviscum, it would have made moody’s Gambler’s fallacy post seem less forced too.

B) The mentoring FoS was a joke. SDK is widely viewed as an aggressive, crafty, and excellent player.

C) The response was odd in context of Maven’s question. somitomi was thinking that Maven would be anxious to know the flip for an “Oooo I can’t wait to find out his alignment” reason, not for a “well what should I do with my night action” reason.

D) Quid pro quo.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Nope, I feel like not enough people have actually posted enough to fully judge everyone else.
So do you have any reads? Please post your current impressions of the players in this game, even if they are only short sentences. There is more than enough content for you to do this.

LaserGuy wrote:I also found it interesting that she was willing to specify exact roles for Town and mafia, but didn't even give a hint at what she thought about the independent. So I wanted to know her thought process behind including the independent in the first place.
I don’t have a strong idea about an indie yet, except that I don’t believe we have a “traditional” every night killing, last man standing type serial killer.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm UTC

bessie wrote:C) The response was odd in context of Maven’s question. somitomi was thinking that Maven would be anxious to know the flip for an “Oooo I can’t wait to find out his alignment” reason, not for a “well what should I do with my night action” reason.

Yes, the action-aspect of it eluded me until sometime after posting that.
LaserGuy wrote:This doesn't appear to be how that game worked at all. That game was completely nightless. You had to submit your actions before the end of the night, and night took as long as it did for the mod to show up and process the actions.

Bah. Should have learned to check instead of relying on my memory... :oops:
Although apparently my initial post was right about night ending as soon as all actions are submitted, so I fail to see the point of all this.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Bah. Should have learned to check instead of relying on my memory... :oops:
Although apparently my initial post was right about night ending as soon as all actions are submitted, so I fail to see the point of all this.

The point is the same as it was in the beginning. It looks a lot like that you just didn't read the rules at all at the start of the game... you made an assumption about how the night phase works this game based on how it worked in your previous game that turned out to be incorrect, and you've been backpedaling ever since. But you knew that scum have daychat. If you haven't read the rules, why would you know this? Perhaps because you're scum and have access to a private chat.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Are there really any specifically anti-town indies? Besides serial killer?

Don't see if anyone answered you here.

Most indies are considered at least nominally anti-town at least in the sense that they don't share Town's wincon. A survivor, for example, can win with Town certainly, but since they can also win with scum, they're more likely just to swing the game in favor of whichever side is already winning. Serial killers are quite anti-town, especially in a setup this sized. Of the less common variants? Jesters are pretty anti-town since they effectively force town to burn a lynch. Lynchers tend to be anti-town since they're usually trying to divert the lynch to a townie (though if their target happens to be mafia, I suppose they'd be more pro-town).

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:52 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote: you made an assumption about how the night phase works this game based on how it worked in your previous game that turned out to be incorrect

No, it was actually correct as Hari Seldon has pointed out. I should've checked the rules when you called me out for being wrong, but I assumed you read the rules thoroughly. It seemed reasonable that my mistake came from having played a game with different rules very recently, but actually there was no mistake in the first place. I may not have read the rules very thoroughly (evidenced by how easily I was concinced of being wrong), but then you didn't either or you chose to ignore the part where it says "nigths wil end early if all actions are submitted" twice.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

First off, weird that wam and Hari have seemingly diametricly opposite read lists (especially regarding me and jimbob vs. Maven and PW).

bessie- setup spec with the (to my impression) relatively new power predictions, figure this twist is null but might hide a breadcrumb she can point to later. extends remarks on it when poked by Maven. some suspicions of somi for missing game mechanic and wam for his inconsistency on the same point. suspicious of me from my interaction with PW, piqued about PW not wanting to lynch me "yet". Basically seems to be properly unsure of everyone (except maybe Hari). town

Hari Seldon- couple of tangential posts, then a different take on building a reads post. The activity bonus is something I find debatable. Ends up with PW and Maven at bottom. Couple more posts expressing his concern over PW. slightly town.

jimbob- joke votes somi, setup spec with a general guess at power level for town. questions for PW and wam. Unlike wam, I figured his "Alfred" remark was a joke from the start. neutral.

LaserGuy- joke votes somi. answers Maven on flip and lynch mechanics. discussion with bessie on setup spec in which he is firmly against an indep (for co-mod reasons). firms vote on somi after their response on chat mechanics, also seems to be suspicous of wam for his part. town-leaning, with the "no, absolutely no indeps" as a possible double-fake.

Maven- culture clarification question, questions bessie on her power breakdown spec. dismisses meta, but is satisfied with bessie's extended remarks on power spec. dismisses my culture question on indeps, then suspects it could be a soft-claim (I suppose it could look like that). neutral

PW- couple of joke votes, couple of newbie posts, byplay with bessie that I commented on. slightly anti-indep. not ready to make reads list. seems to have mostly tangential content with a light tone. slightly scummy.

somi- joke votes wam. byplay with LaserGuy regarding their error on nights (I don't read anything into things like that), explains it as rememberance from previous game. Foses wam over perceived overreaction to jimbob's first post. slightly scummy, but trending down based on the last couple of posts.

wam- joke votes jimbob, switches to PW. discussion of the daychat thing, setup spec agreeing with 6/2/1. laser and somi both seems town. offers up meta. impressions list with bessie & laserguy most townie, me and jimbob at bottom. votes jimbob. would be neutral except that circling back to jimbob is a little convenient, so slightly scummy.

In before: I know that the town -> scum ranking looks an awful lot like the alphabetical list; bessie really skews that. :P

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

Well that was a day at work I would rather not repeat! Based on my day my brain is not working, but here goes anyway.

First off no one agrees with my opinion on Jimbob's first post so I will bow to the majority opinion! It is definitely not something I would ever have come up with so hence my opinion.

Unvote Jimbob

Hari, that is not a style I have seen before but if it works it works.

Peaceful whale's "other scum games, slip" looks bad and is making me re-evaluate my read. Now it's finished I will talk more aobut the FAID game. Basically PW pinged from the beginning, which they have not done this time and there were links with his scummate that stood out. Big call was a successful cop giving us two linked roles for both scum!

@ Moody

Why is circling back a scumtell. I always found the opposite, jumping between candidates trying to find a lynch target scumier!

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm UTC

wam wrote:Why is circling back a scumtell. I always found the opposite, jumping between candidates trying to find a lynch target scumier!

Jumping between candidates is not scummy. It's a bit further down the road from bessie's universal suspicion that seems like proper townie paranoia with the added benefit that scum may get nervous and slip. It's that you joke voted jimbob and are now coming up with reasons to keep on him. Now, it is possible that you picked scum right off, but scum might also try to use that to generate a mislynch.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: you made an assumption about how the night phase works this game based on how it worked in your previous game that turned out to be incorrect

No, it was actually correct as Hari Seldon has pointed out. I should've checked the rules when you called me out for being wrong, but I assumed you read the rules thoroughly. It seemed reasonable that my mistake came from having played a game with different rules very recently, but actually there was no mistake in the first place. I may not have read the rules very thoroughly (evidenced by how easily I was concinced of being wrong), but then you didn't either or you chose to ignore the part where it says "nigths wil end early if all actions are submitted" twice.

No, I didn't choose to ignore that rule. I just do not believe there is any reason to interpret it to mean that nights will be very short, as was your initial claim, and this setup is not nightless, as you implied when you made the comparison to the FaiD game here. The idea that mafia would simply submit their night actions immediately and end the night without any discussion or planning had honestly never crossed my mind.

Reading back through your progression on this, I can actually see how you could have read that rule and could have still ended up where you are now, though the route is somewhat circuitous, beyond that I find it bizarre that you don't know how the night mechanics worked in your previous game. What was your power that game?

moody wrote:In before: I know that the town -> scum ranking looks an awful lot like the alphabetical list; bessie really skews that. :P

You have PW, somi and wam all as "slightly scummy". Which of them is your strongest scumread at this point?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:You have PW, somi and wam all as "slightly scummy". Which of them is your strongest scumread at this point?

somi > wam > PW

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:You have PW, somi and wam all as "slightly scummy". Which of them is your strongest scumread at this point?

somi > wam > PW

moody wrote:somi- joke votes wam. byplay with LaserGuy regarding their error on nights (I don't read anything into things like that), explains it as rememberance from previous game. Foses wam over perceived overreaction to jimbob's first post. slightly scummy, but trending down based on the last couple of posts.

What in particular in the last couple of posts of somitomi's do you find scummy?

Return to “Mafia”