Newbie New Year Mafia - D5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

LaserGuy

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D1

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Woof!
Boomfrog - Woof woof woof!
Vicarin - Woof!
LaserGuy - Woof woof, woof woof woof.

flicky1991
Jimbobmacdoodle
Peaceful Whale
somitomi
bessie
moody7277
Hari Seldon

cemper93
Sabrar
Woof woof.

Can you woof me the post(s) that makes you think cemper is scum?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:52 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Yeah, I just thought of that. When they “investigate” the person who is conveniently night killed... that would look pretty bad to the watcher and tracker.

I think it's more that the real PR would immediately counterclaim. At worst, we have to lynch both of them, but that's still decent trade most of the time.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Can you woof me the post(s) that makes you think cemper is scum?

Woof!
cemper93 wrote:Wow, that will actually make this game much more difficult. I think that unless we get a result tonight that makes a PR feel that claiming it is worth it, we might actually need to play one of LaserGuy's schemes.

Woof woof. :?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 pm UTC

BoomFrog, really? Normally, this would be the point where I remove my joke vote, given that LaserGuy has gotten serious and all, but you have done nothing at all to persuade me that my joke vote shouldn't become serious.

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 pm UTC

EBWOP referring to the fact you're doing nothing but woofing.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:38 pm UTC

I want to get in on this?!
Meow meow meow meow meow.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

How many day vigilantes are in this game?
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

@BoomFrog: is cemper93 scummy because he is willing to go along with LaserGuy's scheme? Is it because he is reluctant about it? Is it because he was surprised at the mod's answer?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

Is that a mod question? I think the setup I given so none.

Less serious note:
Me, boomfrog, and Bessie. :P
Bessie most of all, just look into her cold eyes!
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:44 pm UTC

(I was replying to Somitori FYI)

@Cemper
I was putting you into the “Noob” category, but you don’t seem like one. Have you played mafia elsewhere?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm UTC

Oh wait, you have, a lot... but a long time ago...
Spoiler:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:How many day vigilantes are in this game?

Sadly, none. One does wonder if this might slide into the "no cryptogrpahy" rule though. :wink:

Unvote
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:48 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:

Sadly, none. One does wonder if this might slide into the "no cryptogrpahy" rule though. :wink:

Unvote

The woofing? I wonder... and kinda hope, I don’t need the all the woods, it scare me... can we have more meows?
Spoiler:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: is cemper93 scummy because he is willing to go along with LaserGuy's scheme?

Woof!
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Less serious note:
Me, boomfrog, and Bessie. :P
Bessie most of all, just look into her cold eyes!

I think the less serious note is more appropriate in response to a post intended in jest. And on that note, bessie can't be a day vig. She's been acting townie so far ergo she's obvscum :P

Peaceful Whale wrote:
moody7277 wrote:

Unvote

The woofing? I wonder... and kinda hope, I don’t need the all the woods, it scare me... can we have more meows?

If it's cryptography it's good enough of a cypher that I can't make sense of it...
—◯-◯

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: is cemper93 scummy because he is willing to go along with LaserGuy's scheme?

Woof!

And yet you put LaserGuy as towniest? Do you know something I don't?

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm UTC

Current Votals

Sabrar - 2 (LaserGuy, BoomFrog)
BoomFrog - 1 (cemper93)
Vicarin - 1 (jimbobmacdoodle)

Not voting: Peaceful Whale, somitomi, Hari Seldon, Vicarin, bessie, Sabrar, flicky1991, BoomFrog, moody7277

With 12 alive hammer requires 7 votes.
No deadline has yet been set.

Note for new players (and some oldbies as well, I guess):
Whenever I summarise votals, I will always add new voters after existing voters in the lists, new votees to the bottom of the votee list, and unvoters (who don't revote) to the end of the 'Not voting' list. This is to provide an order for who voted when, should you ever want that information.

I will try to keep to the same as above.

I haven't set a hard deadline yet, as per OP I am looking at 7 days, I will put one in if required with 72 hours to go.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:14 pm UTC

@Peaceful Whale: meow aside, do you have any actual opinions about the players?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

Yep:
flicky1991: Flicky is an advant Forum Gamer, and he’s acting the most serious I’ve ever seen. Probably town, could be dedicated scum.

Peaceful Whale meeeeeeee!

somitomi, I’m grouping me and Somitori together, we’re both kinda new, and I feel like we’re not going to be big leaders. Towny

LaserGuy. At first I didn’t like his plan, but now I do. I’m surprised that he’s voting Sabrar. Also surprised Sabrar hasn’t added more to the plan idea. I think it’s something he would do. If he’s scum, most likely scum with Sabrar.

Hari Seldon I don’t think I’ve seen a lot of him in this thread. Sadly it appears he’s not boomfrog’s alter ego.

Vicarin where is he?

Sabrar I’m really surprised he has 2 votes, both from what I consider very good players. I’ll reread him, maybe he’ll appear more scummy. Sabrar however has a serious opening post, and following posts, so I’m pretty sure he’s town. I feel like if he was scum he’d joke.

Jimbobmacdoodle, was really good scum, so not trusting him.

BoomFrog meow? Has he done really anything but bark? (He’s done other stuff, barkings on the top of my head)

moody7277 uh... ie forgotten he’s here, so either town or lurking scum. Probably town

bessie town, duh... let’s see who she tunnels first.

cemper93 well, cemper used to be “noob” in my mind, but now he’s not. On the scumier side, and balanced with boomfrog. The scummier boom is, the townier Cemper is and vice versa. They seem to be butting heads to much to be bussing.

These are all off the top of my head, latterly what I’m thinking of players right now. I’ll add more meat to this later.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

*litterly

Also, 100th post!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 pm UTC

I vote we all change our avatars to cats or dogs! That way it’s extra confusing!
Spoiler:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm UTC

I have Town on Vic and flicky right now. Town lean on PW, slight Town lean on BoomFrog.

Still liking Sabrar for scum. Thinking about or not enough content from others.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:38 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Sabrar I’m really surprised he has 2 votes, both from what I consider very good players. I’ll reread him, maybe he’ll appear more scummy. Sabrar however has a serious opening post, and following posts, so I’m pretty sure he’s town. I feel like if he was scum he’d joke.

Sabrar makes jokes?

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 pm UTC

Notes this post:

P1

Sabrar's opening is more similar to Santa (Town) than Crossover (Mafia). In Crossover, he made an introduction post welcoming the players from the other site, which I presume was due to an inclination to get words out on the page. Since this is a Newbie game, I suspect that a Mafia Sabrar would show a similar pattern. I also had the impression of tension while reading his first few posts in Crossover. This is in contrast to his jocular posts here and in Santa. [0.5]

I have a town instinct from flicky. His RVS vote comes off to me as easy-going, similar to the impression I had of JimBob in Halloween. [0.5]

It is peculiar to me that Vicarin correctly deduced that Mafia do not have PRs, or rather that the question had even occurred to him. There was nothing to indicate this. [-1]

P2

LaserGuy's vote on Sabrar was serious. LaserGuy did not initially divulge this. [-0.5] Furthermore, LaserGuy's posts are continuing to focus on Night actions. This is in contrast to Halloween where LaserGuy immediately began scum hunting and pressuring players. His vote on Sabrar had no content behind it. [-1]

Notes History:
Spoiler:

Current Lynch Order:

LaserGuy > Vicarin > Peaceful Whale = somitomi = Jimbobmacdoodle = BoomFrog = moody7277 = bessie = cemper93 > Sabrar = flicky1991

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Sabrar I’m really surprised he has 2 votes, both from what I consider very good players. I’ll reread him, maybe he’ll appear more scummy. Sabrar however has a serious opening post, and following posts, so I’m pretty sure he’s town. I feel like if he was scum he’d joke.

Sabrar makes jokes?

Well, if he were scum I bet he’d have a more light hearted manner.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 pm UTC

And yet again Hari posts a lot... with all of those weird numbers... I’m guessing all the equal songs are people equally scummy/towny right?
Spoiler:

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

I don't think so, he was mafia in Bin Chicken and he was doing his best (which was pretty good) to look townie until he needed to bite the bullet.
—◯-◯

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm UTC

cemper93 wrote:BoomFrog, really? Normally, this would be the point where I remove my joke vote, given that LaserGuy has gotten serious and all, but you have done nothing at all to persuade me that my joke vote shouldn't become serious.

Why do you feel this is alignment indicative?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:40 pm UTC

Please provide some non-woof content.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm UTC

cemper93 wrote:On a more serious note, I've been trying to read some recent games to get an idea of how some of the newer players' playstyles, but games have gotten long on here. (Whatever happened in Crossover Mafia?) I don't expect that the newbies have a meta yet, so I'm just trying to get a grip on the "players if there is space" category from the sign up thread.

@Sabrar: I don't know you. Do you know the people in this game? If you were scum this game, who would you want to be your partner?

@Jimbob: I don't know you either. Can you link me to your best scum game so far?

Why did you ask about Sabrar and jimbob here specifically? You said you've been reading some recent games here, so surely you must have noticed Sabrar. He's has either played in or modded every game in the past year. jimbob has been in about half of those games.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:50 pm UTC

EBWOP: No, actually, jimbob was playing in seven of the last nine games as well.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 pm UTC

My guess is cemper thought hethe looked scummy and wanted something to compare them to. Or he thought he were town and wanted to compare that too.

Ninja’d : oh, I’d still like to hear what Cemper has to say. More stuff to look through!
Spoiler:

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:And yet again Hari posts a lot... with all of those weird numbers... I’m guessing all the equal songs are people equally scummy/towny right?

Yes, equally scummy, townie, or null. What about the numbers do you find confusing? Since this is a Newbie game, I would like to be as accommodating as possible. I omitted any math for that reason.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm UTC

Actually, the more I think about that post, the less I like it.

Vote: cemper

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:58 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
Please provide some non-woof content.

Woof woof.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Actually, the more I think about that post, the less I like it.

Vote: cemper
Any concrete reason why? Please share your thought-process.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:What about the numbers do you find confusing?
Maybe you could just say what they mean? I've not seen numbers like the ones in your post, to my recollection.
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:And yet again Hari posts a lot... with all of those weird numbers... I’m guessing all the equal songs are people equally scummy/towny right?

Yes, equally scummy, townie, or null. What about the numbers do you find confusing? Since this is a Newbie game, I would like to be as accommodating as possible. I omitted any math for that reason.

Thanks for clearing that up.
They’re not confusing, I’m just very bad with numbers. :P
Spoiler:

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm UTC

Anyone have a plausible explanation to BoomFrog's posts consisting solely of woofs?
—◯-◯

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 pm UTC

Purely scumswho doesn’t care?
Developing a new language?
Creating a master plan and is distracting us?
Not realizing that they’re woofing?
Filter?
Evil mod?
Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”