Newbie New Year Mafia - D5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D1

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 am UTC

@BoomFrog: let's clear this up. Here you acknowledge that LaserGuy is attacking me for the same (false) reason you attacked me in X-Men. However here you do not like me repeating the same reason. What gives?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:20 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I see BoomFrog's woofs as deliberately unhelpful. There is no good reason for town to play that way.
So… how would it make more sense for scum to play this way?
Because it's unhelpful... am I not being clear enough? I don't understand why you're defending BoomFrog so much.
Sabrar wrote:I think somitomi tried to fake a town-slip, making him scum.
Can you be more specific?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm UTC

somitomi knows that role pm-s will be sent out later that day. He confirms as 10th player so game is sure to be underway when he wakes up. Later he claims to have forgotten that fact, knowing that Liri was town-read for a similar claim in Secret Santa.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm UTC

moody's actual content is very small. If PW is scum, he's a likely buddy of him.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 pm UTC

@flicky: read-list please.

Tentatively:

TOWN
bessie
BoomFrog
Hari Seldon
LaserGuy
Vicarin
flicky1991
Jimbobmacdoodle
cemper93
somitomi
Peaceful Whale
moody7277
SCUM

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:29 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:moody's actual content is very small. If PW is scum, he's a likely buddy of him.

This based off their reciprocal somewhat town reads despite not much content from either? Or something else I'm missing?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:39 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:PW: seems very twitchy. Also playing off BoomFrog a bit with "meowing". Has other content besides that, so I'm probably not going to vote him today.
This is just wrong.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 pm UTC

Players who “joke” confirmed.
Cemper
Boomfrog (woof)
Moody
Somi

Boomfrog:
Spoiler:
1st post: woof
2nd post: woof
3rd post: votes Bessie...
4th post:
BoomFrog wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Usually the PRs would just keep quiet anyway if they don't get a hit, so I'm not sure how this plan actually benefits us much?

Woof!

I feel like at this point this should count as active lurking, however it was still earlier in the game.
5th post: lots of woofing, unvotes.
More active lurking...
6th post: voices opinions about the PR claiming thing, notes issues. And then votes against it. I agree with him here.
7th post: acknowledges LaserGuys action ... I think someone else tunneled led someone for the same reason, and they were both town.
8th post: this:
BoomFrog wrote:Woof!
Boomfrog - Woof woof woof!
Vicarin - Woof!
LaserGuy - Woof woof, woof woof woof.

flicky1991
Jimbobmacdoodle
Peaceful Whale
somitomi
bessie
moody7277
Hari Seldon

cemper93
Sabrar
Woof woof.

Well, it’s a better reads list than I gave. I believe too is town. Middle is unconfirmed, and bottom is scum. I am currently surprised to see Sabrar there, but maybe that will change as I read him.

9th post: votes Sabrar. Because of something he said that does feel a little off.
10th post:
Tells us which post made him think Cemper is scum
BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Can you woof me the post(s) that makes you think cemper is scum?

Woof!
cemper93 wrote:Wow, that will actually make this game much more difficult. I think that unless we get a result tonight that makes a PR feel that claiming it is worth it, we might actually need to play one of LaserGuy's schemes.

Woof woof. :?

So LaserGuy is defending Cemper, and Cemper likes LaserGuy‘s schemes... possible correlation.
11th post: Sabrar asked him if Cemper was scummy becuase he was willing to go along with LaserGuys schemes. Answer? Woof...
12th post: asked to please supply non-woof content. Woofs...
13th post: Not sure if he agrees with Jimmacdoodle, or disagrees.
Rest of posts: more woofs, but react well to content. Devoted Sabrar. I am now beginning to see why.
Bessie came to his aid, *possible* (small) correlation

Ok, Boomfrog is being put into town category. Hopefully there will be more solid responses, so I don’t have to guess what he’s feeling. Woofs are still annoying. But I’ve agreed with most of what he has woofed. I think.

I’m going through the thread like this because I really haven’t read through it thoroughly, so that’s what I’m doing now.
Other stuff from reading his posts.
If he’s scum, not scum buddies with :Sabrar and maybe Cemper. Vice versa. They’ve head butted too much, and Boom looks to be pushing a Sabrar lynch.
I’m trying ti actually give content2. Ive been quoted, sonill look at that and hopefully answer questions.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 pm UTC

@bessie
Explain how your newbiness=not leaders=townie
They’re not correlated, just things we both share. I currently see Somi as townie, and mentally group then in that bucket. However somi is probably a better poster than I am.

Note: I can see where BoomFrog is coming from, I’ll reread Sabrar next, to get a better feel for him.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm UTC

I’ll be gone for almost half of this day (real life), I’m not in school, but have stuff outside of mafia. Sorry guys. I will definitely try and finish and compile all of my reads by the end of Saturday.
Spoiler:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Note: I can see where BoomFrog is coming from,
Explain in your own words.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:PW: seems very twitchy. Also playing off BoomFrog a bit with "meowing". Has other content besides that, so I'm probably not going to vote him today.
This is just wrong.

The part about the twitchy maybe, but I stand by the rest of it. Post by post on PW:

Spoiler:
Post 1: some setup spec. interpreted some of the random votes as serious, which upon review seems to be more the case than usual.
Post 2: posits PR scenario.
Post 3: meows
Post 4: meows
Post 5: fluff
Post 6: question for cemper on his previous experience. given how new PW is, obviously he wouldn't know cemper's played here before
Post 7: realizes this point in post 6
Post 8: woof related
Post 9: reads list. theorizes Sabrar-LaserGuy team and exclusive or regarding BoomFrog and cemper.
Post 10: fluff
Post 11: fluff
Post 12: response to Laserguy on Sabrar's meta
Post 13: respones to Hari's post
Post 14: trying to interpret a post by cemper
Post 15: reply to Hari's clarification
Post 16: fluff, seems to be about BoomFrog
Post 17: question to Vicarin
Post 18: RL stuff
Post 19: serious analysis, concluding with BF being town
Post 20: requests clarification from bessie
Post 21: RL stuff

Posts 3-5 and posts 11&12, were where I was getting the twitchy part.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:23 pm UTC

My issue is with your quick judgment call on not voting him today based on his 'other' content.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:TOWN
bessie
BoomFrog
Hari Seldon

Woof?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 pm UTC

Initial impression.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: do you have any additional reason for your vote besides me not asking unnecessary questions?

Yes.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm UTC

Missed that. Please explain what you mean by active lurking in my case.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:49 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Missed that. Please explain what you mean by active lurking in my case.

I find both your postcount and the overall quality of your posting to be lower than what I would normally expect of Town!you. The bulk of your posting has focused on responding to my vote on you, not in actually participating in ongoing discussion or attempting to find scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm UTC

You vote for me extremely early in the game (based on a 'read' that you're unwilling to admit is false) and then don't expect me to fight back? You should know me far better than that by this time.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm UTC

I dare you to do a post-by-post analysis. See if you're accusation still holds up...

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm UTC

*your

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:You vote for me extremely early in the game (based on a 'read' that you're unwilling to admit is false) and then don't expect me to fight back? You should know me far better than that by this time.

I almost always place serious votes very early in the game. I've barely put any pressure on you at all, and yet this has occupied the bulk of your posting.

I don't agree that the read is false. I'm not saying it is definitive by any stretch of the imagination, and never implied it to be. But I felt it made you more likely to be scum than anybody else at that point, so you got a serious vote.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I almost always place serious votes very early in the game. I've barely put any pressure on you at all,
You must be joking. A serious vote is definite pressure.

On another matter why don't you ask questions from more than 4 people? You haven't initiated anything outside bessie (1 question), cemper, jimbob (2 questions) and myself. You call that scum-hunting?
How about you give an ordered list?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:47 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:@BoomFrog: Could you respond to this, please?
somitomi wrote:What are you saying? Do you really quote posts you dislike (that would be slightly paradoxical) or is jimbob completely wrong here?

Woof woof woof...

...sigh.

Fine, I was going to quote a bunch of examples to make my communication system clear, but that really would have been getting into "using a code" territory, and gets away from the original point of my shenanigans. Also, the number of people I'm annoying appears to outweigh the number of people I'm entertaining, even if I am entertaining myself and bessie immensely.

I will say a lot more besides just "woof" but first I would really like to hear Hari Seldon's detailed opinion of me.
Hari Seldon wrote:BoomFrog =

Woof?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 pm UTC

I've cracked the most important part of the code and it still annoyed me. :)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 pm UTC

Not that it was hard.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I almost always place serious votes very early in the game. I've barely put any pressure on you at all,
You must be joking. A serious vote is definite pressure.

On another matter why don't you ask questions from more than 4 people? You haven't initiated anything outside bessie (1 question), cemper, jimbob (2 questions) and myself. You call that scum-hunting?

I don't see any value in asking a barrage of questions to people if I can't realistically follow up on any of them. I tried this approach at the start of D2 in Crossover when I replaced in and it got me nowhere. If I see something I find interesting, I'll ask about it.

How about you give an ordered list?

Not this game, no. I've given out my reads as they come to me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I don't see any value in asking a barrage of questions to people if I can't realistically follow up on any of them. I tried this approach at the start of D2 in Crossover when I replaced in and it got me nowhere. If I see something I find interesting, I'll ask about it.
Then why should we believe that you're actually scum-hunting? You mean you didn't have any questions to 7 other players???

LaserGuy wrote:Not this game, no. I've given out my reads as they come to me.
Lol.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@flicky: read-list please.
I said tonight, I'm in UTC. It's tonight now so I'm going to read through.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Not that it was hard.

It was supposed to be as easy as possible. :roll:

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: let's clear this up. Here you acknowledge that LaserGuy is attacking me for the same (false) reason you attacked me in X-Men. However here you do not like me repeating the same reason. What gives?

Man, this is hard to answer in only woofs. But, as I have now broken my vow of woofing I might as well answer. I acknowledge that it is a similar situation, but in X-Men your defense was that the idea of a Cult was so unfair that you didn't analyse the strategy, this seemed plausible. Your defense here is that the answer was obvious, which I disagree about. Most of the questions were obvious, but the death revelation question seems like it needed asking. It's a minor point against you, but at the time it was enough for a vote. (Btw, I basically agree with everything LaserGuy has laid against you, including active lurking.)

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:
Vicarin wrote:I am mildly worried that BoomFrog seems to be trying to roleplay his new avatar.
I've got no issue with it as long as he responds to questions if he's asked any.
BoomFrog used 'Woof' a lot in Crossover, so that's a point of caution.

Grrr...
Unvote Sabrar
Vote Sabrar

Seriously? That comment was made when I expected you to communicate in non-woof as well. Are you deliberately ignoring context? Also why are you reacting to it so late?

This bothered me immediately, but I was still gathering reactions so didn't want to taint them by reacting to your reaction too early. Assuming at the time that I was just woofing a little at the intro as an homage to CrossOver, why does that indicate scumminess?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I don't see any value in asking a barrage of questions to people if I can't realistically follow up on any of them. I tried this approach at the start of D2 in Crossover when I replaced in and it got me nowhere. If I see something I find interesting, I'll ask about it.

Then why should we believe that you're actually scum-hunting? You mean you didn't have any questions to 7 other players???

I guess you'll just have to read my posts and see what I think about things and how I'm interacting with people instead of just counting the number of question marks.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

LaserGuy is actively refusing to help Town. He votes me because I don't behave like he thinks I should. I point out that it's a false read but he doesn't acknowledge it. He sees that there is less support for my lynch than he would have liked and immediately switches to a new target. He sees that cemper can be persuaded to vote me and switches back. He doesn't have any case he can actually support with facts (active lurking at this point is just a catch-phrase). He should know much better from previous games. Ladies and gentleman, this is a true scum.

Vote: LaserGuy

@BoomFrog: will get back to you.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:18 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I guess you'll just have to read my posts and see what I think about things and how I'm interacting with people instead of just counting the number of question marks.
Then do the same for me. Do the analysis. Show your work, instead of lumping it all together as 'active lurking'.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I will say a lot more besides just "woof" but first I would really like to hear Hari Seldon's detailed opinion of me.
You're not someone I can form a hard opinion on this early. I know you would play this way as either alignment. I definitely disagree with your Town readings, particularly LaserGuy.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I acknowledge that it is a similar situation, but in X-Men your defense was that the idea of a Cult was so unfair that you didn't analyse the strategy, this seemed plausible.
No, my defense was that I thought I knew how Cult worked. It had nothing to do with me finding them unfair.
BoomFrog wrote:but the death revelation question seems like it needed asking.
It needed asking from anyone else but me. If you don't understand that you don't know me half as much as you should. And I thought you knew me.
BoomFrog wrote:(Btw, I basically agree with everything LaserGuy has laid against you, including active lurking.)
I'm pretty sure you're Town so I can't place this anywhere.

BoomFrog wrote:Assuming at the time that I was just woofing a little at the intro as an homage to CrossOver, why does that indicate scumminess?
I assume you used 'woof' in crossover to subtly influence Zen. You could have done the same here with bessie.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I acknowledge that it is a similar situation, but in X-Men your defense was that the idea of a Cult was so unfair that you didn't analyse the strategy, this seemed plausible.

No, my defense was that I thought I knew how Cult worked. It had nothing to do with me finding them unfair.

Untrue.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:You're not someone I can form a hard opinion on this early.
I'm not asking for a hard opinion, just an opinion. Will you be able to form a hard opinion on me late game? What do you expect to have changed?

I know you would play this way as either alignment.

How do you know that? What do you know about me?

I definitely disagree with your Town readings, particularly LaserGuy.

Mmm, we should get into that too, but it can wait.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm UTC

I know enough. I have fully read Crossover and skimmed through Shakespeare III and TDT. So far your play this game is most similar to your fool play in Shakespeare. You are very ambiguous player. I failed to predict your alignment in Crossover, but I do believe I have picked up on a reliable tell.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:49 pm UTC

By the way, I must say I am disappointed you broke character. Later today, I was going to post a Doggy Dictionary consisting of generic responses for you to use as quotes.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:55 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Untrue.
Completely different question.

Return to “Mafia”