Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Suzaku

Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby Suzaku » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

Stellaris Mafia

• Mod: Suzaku
  • Size: 13
  • Speed: 4 IRL-day days with extensions per 'Lights Out!' rules, 2 IRL-day nights
  • Setup: Closed
  • Bastardry: Minimal (may contain hidden role elements and/or unexpected interactions - mods will not lie)
  • Flavour: Loosely based on the canon of Stellaris

Standard Rules:
Spoiler:
Posting rules:
  1. No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
  2. No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
  3. No player may read discussion spoilers about this game unless they are dead. There are no spoiler reading roles.
  4. No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time. Unless, of course, the mod tells you to.
  5. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends. Prods will be sent after about 48 hours of inactivity.
  6. No, really - don't lurk! This game has shortish deadlines, and I reserve the right to replace or modkill any player who fails respond to a prod within about 24 hours.
  7. Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
  8. Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will have their role retconned to ‘Survivor’ meaning they will automatically lose.
  9. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the deadline falls (even if the mod doesn't post a day-end post), or 'Lights Out' is hammered.
  10. You may not post, nor quote directly from, any PM from a mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
  11. You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
  12. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
  13. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.

Deadlines:
  1. Days will last for 4 RL days, with extensions as provided for in the 'Lights Out' rules below. Nights will last for 2 IRL days. Weekends will count as half time.
  2. Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
  3. In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
  4. Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
  5. Deadlines are 'hard', meaning that posting and voting is NOT permitted after deadline.

Voting rules:
  1. Votes (and questions for the mod) must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
    Vote: Suzaku

You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
    Unvote (Suzaku)
    Vote: Ukazus

2. When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are executed. After an execution, all votes are reset and the day continues.
  3. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then there will be no execution and night will begin.
  4. If the votals are tied at deadline, there will be no execution and night will begin.
  5. You can vote to begin night early by casting a vote for "Lights Out". If "Lights Out" is hammered night begins immediately.

Death rules:
  1. You’re alive until you are hammered in a vote, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
  2. Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a 'Bah! You killed me,' post that reveals no information.
  3. On the other hand, once you are dead you may read the spoilers in the discussion thread.

Private Message rules:
  1. You must include the mod in any PM you send related to this game.
  2. You can ask the mod questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
  3. No communicating with other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
  4. Quicktopics will be provided for private communication, but forum PMs may be used instead if prefered.
  5. Any night actions must be sent by PM, not as part of a Quicktopic.

Game Setup:
Spoiler:
This is a closed set up.
This means that I will tell you only what I think you need to know about the setup. You may ask me questions, but I may not answer.
I will not lie about the setup

This game uses 'Lights Out' mechanics, as follows:
  1. Execution happens only by majority vote, and does NOT end the day.
  2. When a player receives a majority vote, they are automatically and immediately executed. All votes are then reset and the day continues.
  3. The deadline will be extended on each execution as follows:
    1. Initial deadline will be 4 days.
    2. The first execution will add 1.5 days to the deadline.
    3. The second execution will add a further day to the deadline.
    4. No additional extensions will be added.
    5. If a non-extending execution (i.e. a third or later execution) occurs fewer than 12 hours before the deadline, then the day ends and night begins.
  4. If a deadline passes the day ends and night begins.
The town win condition is "You win when all anti-UNE factions are eliminated and at least one member of the UNE is still alive".

Q&A:
Spoiler:
Will votals and # of votes required to hammer be accurate or can the bastardry include hidden mechanics there as well?
⇒ Votals and votes required will be accurate. As I may not be around to call executions, it's important you can know with confidence whether you have or have not been hammered.

Will the roles be randomized based off the sign-up order or the alphabetical order you have in the OP?
⇒ Neither :P They will be randomly assigned in a random manner randomly determined.

Can we assume that there are no spoiler reading roles, listening roles, alignment changing roles?
⇒ You are welcome to make whatever assumptions you like. There are no spoiler reading roles, as mentioned in the rules.

When is information revealed about a dead player's role? (Assuming beginning of next day)
⇒ Correct, at the beginning of the next day.

How much information is revealed about deceased players? (Alignment, win condition, role mechanics, role pm, hidden mechanics?)
⇒ Reveals will include faction (=alignment), role, powers, and flavour.

Will we be told when a faction is eliminated or achieves a victory condition which does not end the game?
⇒ No.

Will anyone be given a fake claim of any kind?
⇒ No comment.

Are there anti-claiming mechanics in the game?
⇒ No comment.

Will we be warned of MYLO/LYLO? (Despite MYLO being badly defined when town can Lynch twice in a row)
⇒ No, you will not.

If yes, will we have updated MYLO/LYLO information after each Lynch but before day end?
⇒ Moot; see above.

Are there listening roles?
⇒ Actually, I'll give you this one - no there are not.

Are there alignment changing roles?
⇒ No comment.

Players:
  1. bessie
  2. Evil George Washington - Executed D2 - 3rd Party
  3. freezeblade
  4. heuristically_alone - Executed D2 - ???
  5. LaserGuy
  6. Madge
  7. Peaceful Whale - Killed N1 - UNE
  8. plytho
  9. Sabrar
  10. somitomi
  11. Vicarin
  12. wam
  13. Zenii - Killed N2 - UNE

The Ulysses Initiative, six great ark ships with experimental drives. Built in orbit in the last part of the 21st century, and launched to the stars soon after. Each carrying a quarter of a million colonists, brave souls striking out to start new lives in new systems. None was ever heard from again. We assumed them lost with all hands, and abandoned the unstable wormhole technology they used.
Under the auspices of the United Nations Space Research Agency, we developed FTL-warp drives; reliable, if slow, and we took our first steps to the stars. We colonised the nearby systems of Alpha Centauri and Barnard's Star. We encountered alien races, fought when we had to, made allies and friends when we could. We became a beacon, a haven, providing prosperity and security for all sentient beings within our borders.
Then, in 2269, new ships were encountered; heavily armed and armoured, hostile, relentless. And crewed by humans.
Descendants of colonists from the ark ship Excelsior, the so-called Commonwealth of Man is nothing more than a military dictatorship with designs on galactic conquest at any cost.
So now it falls to us, the officers and ratings of the UNE Navy, to resist the advance of our wayward cousins, and to defend the ideals and principles of the United Nations of Earth.
Good luck, and Godspeed.

PMs will be going out in the next few minutes. Please confirm in thread once you have received (and understood) yours. If you do not receive a PM in the next few hours, please PM me.
Questions may continue to be posted in thread along with confirmations, but please refrain from posting content until day start.
Last edited by Suzaku on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 am UTC, edited 11 times in total.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Sabrar

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Pregame

Postby Sabrar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:22 pm UTC

Will votals and # of votes required to hammer be accurate or can the bastardry include hidden mechanics there as well?

Example for clarification: with 13 players I assume we'll need 7 votes for the first hammer. What happens if there's a potential double-voter? In that case the total # of votes will be 14, requiring 8 to hammer. Would that be revealed or hidden? Or would it still only take 7 to hammer?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 pm UTC

Will the roles be randomized based off the sign-up order or the alphabetical order you have in the OP?

I guess it doesn't matter since 9 and 13 are both going to be town, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:11 pm UTC

Can we assume that there are no spoiler reading roles, listening roles, alignment changing roles?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm UTC

Going by the discussion about setting this up, I think I know the answers to one of these but just to be sure:

When is information revealed about a dead player's role? (Assuming beginning of next day)

How much information is revealed about deceased players? (Alignment, win condition, role mechanics, role pm, hidden mechanics?)

Will we be told when a faction is eliminated or achieves a victory condition which does not end the game?

Probably going to be some no comments but oh well.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 am UTC

Oh yeah, these may also fall under setup details or get a no comment anyway, but just to see if there's any info:

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

posting for ego search, waiting on role PM
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 am UTC

Jeez, keep thinking of stuff that should be asked before game start.

Will we be warned of MYLO/LYLO? (Despite MYLO being badly defined when town can Lynch twice in a row)

If yes, will we have updated MYLO/LYLO information after each Lynch but before day end?

If yes, then a 4/2 MYLO situation with a Lynch gets back information after the Lynch depending on whether we end up in LYLO or nothing, so I'm guessing no.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 am UTC

⇒ Votals and votes required will be accurate. As I may not be around to call executions, it's important you can know with confidence whether you have or have not been hammered.

⇒ Neither :P They will be randomly assigned in a random manner randomly determined.

⇒ You are welcome to make whatever assumptions you like. There are no spoiler reading roles, as mentioned in the rules.

⇒ Correct, at the beginning of the next day.

⇒ Reveals will include faction (=alignment), role, powers, and flavour.

⇒ No.

⇒ No comment.

⇒ No comment.

⇒ No, you will not.

⇒ Moot; see above.

I've included these in the Q&A section above for easy reference.

Also please note that there has been a slight modification to the town win condition (as given in the rules) to specify that at least one townie must survive in order for town to win.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am UTC

I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 am UTC

"Attention on deck! Ajax arriving!"

Captain Suzaku took command of the newly commissioned UNS AJAX to the traditional call and boatswains pipes. Forgoing his stateroom, he made his way directly to the bridge. He had his orders; the AJAX was to sail immediately to support Admiral Carter's fleet in the Gamma sector.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am UTC

Actually, I'll give you this one - no there are not.

No comment.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am UTC

Confirm.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 am UTC

Confirm.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 am UTC

Confirming sir!
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 am UTC

Confirm.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:01 pm UTC

Confirm - do we need to confirm or just start???????

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm UTC

5/13 is enough!!!
Gogogogogogogogogogo!!!!!
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

wam

Postby wam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm UTC

Confirm
Come join us playing mafia signup here

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm UTC

Confirm
Peaceful Whale wrote:5/13 is enough!!!
Gogogogogogogogogogo!!!!!

This is space travel, good enough starts at 99%
—◯-◯

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:04 pm UTC

7/13
WE HAVE A MAJORITY!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm UTC

So, what's a good strategy? Do we just kill until we run out of time? Because I am terrified. This is too much responsibility ans I'm not sure what the balance would be... Less night kills probably so that means more town overall, surely?

Sabrar, you must have an opinion?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm UTC

WE’RE STARTING!!!
YAY!!!
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm UTC

sorry if we're not meant to start but i'm about to collapse into bed so.... night!!!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:34 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Questions may continue to be posted in thread along with confirmations, but please refrain from posting content until day start.
Technically we shouldn't start just yet (as much as it pains me too).

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm UTC

oh shoot, i thought the italic section was day start. well, let that oversight go down to excitement...

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:27 pm UTC

Confirm.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 pm UTC

Confirm.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:59 pm UTC

confirming, sir!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 pm UTC

Basically Confirmed.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm UTC

11/13...
Spoiler:

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm UTC

I confirm that I have received and read my role PM and that I am not a member of the mafia or whatever the anti town faction is called. Who knows? Not me, because I'm a good guy.

pedit: CoM?

Super cool flavor @Suzaku!

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm UTC

Confirm

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

WE’RE ALL HERE!!!!
Spoiler:

wam

Postby wam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:43 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:WE’RE ALL HERE!!!!

And suzaku is definitely asleep so remeber patience is a virtue
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:WE’RE ALL HERE!!!!

And suzaku is definitely asleep so remeber patience is a virtue

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG
VOTE SUZAKU
maybe he’ll hurry up now...
Spoiler:

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 pm UTC

Don't vote for the captain, PW, that's mutiny.

I guess lynching the mod wouldn't waste any time in this game, but I'm going to put militant athiest pretty low on my likely roles list.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm UTC

:D
Yes... was that a too obvious breadcrumb?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 pm UTC

... just realized that could be seen as me breadcrumbing scum...
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm UTC

Unvote

I’ll let Suzaku sleep...
Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”