Speed: Dayless. Night phases will last 48 hours. Slightly longer on weekends.
Bastardry: Hopefully minimal.
Game Specific Rules:
- This setup is Dayless. This means that there is no lynch or voting phase.
- Each player will have a private quicktopic available to them. You may use this to make notes or post thoughts, converse with partners if you have them, and issue night action/messaging instructions. There are no restrictions on what you can post in your private QT. Please do not chat in the main thread unless you are explicitly told to by the mod.
- Only living players may post in quicktopics.
- You cannot ruin the game for other players.
- You must play to achieve your win condition.
- The game will begin with Night Zero. During this night, players may send messages, but may not use any other powers.
- Nights will last for 48 hours. Please post at least once in your Quicktopic during this period to let me know you are still in the game. If you do not post at least once during this period (and have not given me prior warning of an absence), then the night will be extended while I look for a replacement.
- Players are given a word allowance for sending messages to other players. Not all players are given the same allowance or may have other restrictions on their messaging abilities. When sending a message:
- Indicate in your private topic the (1) recipient(s) of the message, (2) the text of the message, and (3) whether you would like to sign with your name or your rolename. If you have enough words to send the message(s), then it will be sent to the player(s) requested, by the mod, at the end of the night phase.
- Please do not send messages directly to other players via PM. All messages must be sent via the mod.
- Player names always count as one word
- Messages exceeding the word count will be truncated at the maximum allowed number of words
- Please do not attempt to circumvent the word count by mashing words together or using other “creative” means. Messages that I feel are deliberately attempting to do this will not be sent, and the player in violation will lose all messaging privileges for that night phase.
- Common abbreviations (“can’t” instead of “cannot”) or common mafia terms (“conftown” instead of “confirmed Town”) are allowed. If you aren’t sure, please ask.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- Note that there may be abilities that interact with messages that may prevent them from being sent or received, redirected, or have other effects.
- This setup is experimental. I make no guarantees of balance. I will try to be as forthcoming as possible with rules and interactions.
- The setup is extremely loosely inspired by Dayless Mafia IV, here.
- This game consists of exactly 7 Town and 2 Mafia.
- All players have some sort of power role.
- There are no alignment changing roles.
- There are no hidden mechanics to any role, but some abilities may be modified if you become afflicted. You will be informed of any such changes when they occur.
Sample Town role PM
You the Musketeer of the Hamlet. You are a vanilla Town.
You have no special abilities or powers.
Messaging: You have a 100 word allowance (usernames of fellow players always count as one word) for sending messages to other players. Messages can be to as many players as you please, but their total word count may never exceed 100. These messages will be signed with either your name, or “Musketeer”
Private Quicktopic: You may make notes or post instructions to the mod in your private QT here.
You are Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
Sample Mafia role PM
You are Bone Rabble of the Ruins Mafia. You are a mafia goon.
You are vanilla and have no special powers or abilities.
Private Chat: You have private chat with your partner XXX.You may communicate as much as you wish in this quicktopic.
Messaging: You have a 100 word allowance (usernames of fellow players always count as one word) for sending messages to other players. Messages can be to as many players as you please, but their total word count may never exceed 100. These messages will be signed with either your name, or “The Ancestor”, your safe claim.
Factional Kill: Each night one of you or XXX may use the factional kill. This may be used in addition to another ability.
You are mafia and win when you are a majority of the players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Note that mafia win if they compose half of the players, same as a normal game.
Mafia will also win if they eliminate all of Town’s killing roles, even if they do not have a majority, as Town cannot prevent them from reaching majority in this situation.
- Afflictions are a special mechanic of this setup. Certain actions or abilities put you under extreme stress, which will result in you becoming afflicted. Each player can be affected by a unique affliction that will have some detrimental effect on their abilities.
- Each player has a unique affliction associated with their particular role. Do not assume that the effects of your own affliction are representative of those of any other player.
- The effects of your affliction are not included in your role PM, but you will be notified when it happens and what effects it will have.
- Certain players may have the capacity to remove afflictions. Some players may have immunity to afflictions.
You have been afflicted! You are Selfish.
While under this affliction, all messages you send will include both your name and your rolename.
- Madge (no day 1?! I gotta play this one!)
- Vicarin (time to hate the communication limitations)
- SirGabriel (finally, a game where I'll have time to read the whole thread)