Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:It seems apparent to me that wam did not have Town wincon, and thus, presumably none of the scum players do.
Don't be 100% sure of that. I have a fake-claim (just a name) that will not be revealed if I die. Possibly scum knowing the human win-con might have been also left out from the reveal.
Thank you for revealing this before jimbob posted. [/sarcasm] I hinted to you not to, but I guess I forgot that you are not town aligned.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: On mpolo, I can't say anything unique about why he might have been killed. I think the likeliest situation is that scum wanted to kill a townie before they could confirm themselves.
And just how did scum know mpolo was town? We lynched their role cop.

SDK wrote:Seems reasonable. I think we should lynch bessie, personally, though Liri and jimbob are both good choices as far as I'm concerned.
Interesting. Any particular reason for preferring me me me?

Vicarin wrote:This is interesting, to say the least. Someone else gave you a power? It's town motivated? What about the target selection makes you think it was a scum redirect? Also, mind sharing your original target, if that's not too much information to leak?
Why are you fishing so hard for information from LaserGuy? I’m sure he will share when he has the motivation to do so.

Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy, bessie, plytho, Mercora: any of you want to admit to be the one to screw around with the wam votes D1?
Hmmmm. More fishing.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 2:12 am UTC

@bessie: I'll explain after LaserGuy answers my questions.

Also, you don't think that something like vote manipulation is possibly something that might be better out in the open? Ended up not mattering due to wam self voting, but otherwise we'd have had no idea day was going to end soon after mpolo's vote.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby Liri » Tue May 08, 2018 2:17 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Liri wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:What did you get from those reactions?

Let's see

Bessie straight-up said what the elephant was

You and plytho were both worried/pinged by it

Not a ton to go on!

And what kind of reactions were you expecting? How were you going to catch scum?

The early game quickly came to hinge on what the win conditions were, primarily for Town; if players had different concepts of what the game might look like, it might have come out there, at least for less-experienced people (Mark is the only person here less experienced than me though, and it doesn't look like it caught anyone out, although Mark's setup posts have been a little all over the map). If (part of) h_a's motivation in not making each faction's win condition public was to give Town a bit of a leg-up against what looks like a rough deck, it worked to nab Wam. It's probably been easier for the other aliens to hide out amidst the more glaring voices l blunders (I know I'm rehashing D1 stuff).

---

I thought mpolo was looking at least moderately Townie, but wasn't very aggressively scum-hunting.

It's definitely weirding me out at this point that Illaman haven't talked, but they know their job will be a lot easier now once scum/humans are gone. They're letting human and Garatron go at it, in the Day and Night, respectively and are happy to side with the winner. That's their deal though so I'm not exactly criticizing. Sabrar and SDK know they're at least safe from the lynch while there is/are scum about; and from an NK, presumably. A potential worry now is that the two of them will already start angling to get Illaman during the Day and hit humans by mistake.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I received a mod-message at the start of N1 that was kind of interesting. At first I thought it may have been related to a successful scum lynch, but given that nobody else seems to have hinted about this, I'm inclined to believe it was probably some townie power. I feel that this was definitely a Town-motivated action.

I also received word at start of day that I was redirected, and to whom. I'm not sure if I want to reveal who I ended up targeting or not... Probably I will, I just need to think through the implications of doing so a bit more. Target selection leads me to believe this was a scum action.


This is interesting, to say the least. Someone else gave you a power? It's town motivated?


As I said, I originally thought it might be something from the mod to begin with that was somehow related to the lynch, but since nobody else has hinted at it, I guess it's related to someone's power. If I'm not mistaken about that, I think it was probably from Town.

What about the target selection makes you think it was a scum redirect?


I am Town and am, I think, mostly being read as Town. The person I was redirected to is also mostly being read as Town, and I believe is Town. There is not really any townie motivation I can think of for redirecting someone in this manner. I guess it could be an indie messing with me, but I don't really see a good reason for them to do so at this point in time. Lacking better evidence, I'm going to assume this is from scum.

Also, mind sharing your original target, if that's not too much information to leak?


I'm only claiming that I received a message indicating I had been redirected.

You think a redirector would work on a vote power that is used during the day?


Even if this isn't the case, claiming here would still be narrowing the pool of people with useful powers to redirect for basically zero gain to Town. If we're concerned about hidden votes ending the day early, we just don't run people up to L-1.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Tue May 08, 2018 3:43 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:So... now we get entire role PM's? heury, you should make sure you stick to your answers.
I asked heury what would be revealed from my role-pm if I get lynched and his answer was consistent with what's happened.
So Sabrar, why do you think you got a fake claim and SDK didn’t?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 5:01 am UTC

Who said he didn't? Point out where you inferred it.

BTW I have reliable information that Mark is not Human.

Vote: Mark_Cangila

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Who said he didn't? Point out where you inferred it.

BTW I have reliable information that Mark is not Human.

Vote: Mark_Cangila


Oh? Do explain, how did you get it?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 5:18 am UTC

Not yet. :lol:

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 5:21 am UTC

Well, unless you explain it, I'm pretty inclined to think that you're just trying to get an Illaman onto the chopping block soooooo I'd recommend no-one else vote for Mark for the time being.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 5:39 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Well, unless you explain it, I'm pretty inclined to think that you're just trying to get an Illaman onto the chopping block soooooo I'd recommend no-one else vote for Mark for the time being.
I never said he wasn't Illaman. Nor do I know if he is one actually. I just know he's an alien.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 am UTC

Sure, but I'm not in a huge rush to lynch someone just because they're an alien or you'd be on the chopping block. All for Mark actually claiming though, if your info is reliable.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Tue May 08, 2018 6:13 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Who said he didn't? Point out where you inferred it.
So, like, really?

Yep, you’re being illogical.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Note: try to find an example of town!Sabrar with bad logic. :P
Good luck with that. :D
Yeah, I guess you’re only have bad logic when you’re non-town. :?

No, wait.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 6:20 am UTC

You calling me illogical does not make it so.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 am UTC

Vote: Liri

This answer does not satisfy me. Liri, you need to be much more specific than some vague reference to the wincon to explain yourself there.

You seem to be saying you were aware of what the elephant was, but deliberate faked not knowing it in order to get reactions. Please get more specific about what sort of reactions you were expecting that would help you catch scum.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 am UTC

I must say that I'd be entirely unsurprised if Mark and Liri were both Illaman and just refusing to claim. If someone is Illaman, for goodness sake claim so we don't waste lynches on you, or I'm going to try to get you all killed later on out of spite.

Main issue is that if 5/3/3/2 was the correct setup then I'm not seeing good candidates for the 3rd members of Illaman and Mercora, and I'm not sure how a 6/2/2/3 would be balanced...

Current reads:

Town: plytho, LaserGuy

Illaman+Mercora: SDK, Sabrar, Mark, Liri

Unsure: jimbob, bessie, Maven

Garatron: freezeblade

Though I think I need to reread through the thread in order to get a better idea about those unsures.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 am UTC

@Vic: Do you think Liri would post this if she were Illaman?

Liri wrote:The lack of Illaman claims makes me think it's a mafia faction, as well. Or, at least, a non Human-friendly one. Potentially with different wincons though?

Once I'm off my phone, I'll try to evaluate who is in what faction.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 08, 2018 8:14 am UTC

Sorry, didn't get home until much later than planned yesterday, so haven't had time to review players as promised, and I'm out all evening tonight, and much of Wednesday and Thursday night.

bessie wrote:And just how did scum know mpolo was town? We lynched their role cop.
The role cop is irrelevant to this. If a player says they can prove their towniness the next day, I fully expect them to be able to. If they fail to do so, then they'll attract a lot of the heat, and are likely to get lynched. I'm assuming that Mercora and Illaman don't want to be lynched, or really draw attention to themselves in this way, which means the statement mpolo made that he could prove his towniness D2 is only likely to come from town, except in a desperate situation for mpolo (and he wasn't in one).

Also Bessie, I remember not addressing your "proper-Mafia" comment in your recent read of me, so I just wanted to respond to that: I tend to only note down what I find might possibly be relevant, and will skip other stuff in the notes. I didn't see how terminology there could be relevant, although I now see why it was in retrospect.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am UTC

I'm bored.

@Mark_Cangila: did you use any ability during the night? Who was your target? Are you aware if someone targeted you?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am UTC

Really hard to do much if freezeblade and Maven are just AWOL...

@LaserGuy: I think it's entirely possible, Illaman apparently don't want to claim for whatever reason, so it could just be distancing.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 12:57 pm UTC

bessie wrote: Feeling is wam didn’t know about the other two factions, so if he’s Garatron there’s probably 3.
How did you get that feeling?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 1:47 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
SDK wrote:Seems reasonable. I think we should lynch bessie, personally, though Liri and jimbob are both good choices as far as I'm concerned.
Interesting. Any particular reason for preferring me me me?

I think you're most likely to be Illaman. :!:

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Who said he didn't? Point out where you inferred it.
So, like, really?

Yep, you’re being illogical.

How is he being illogical? :?:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 pm UTC

bessie thinks for some reason that you didn't receive a fake human name like I did but she's unwilling to tell me why she jumped at this conclusion. Do you want to put her mind at rest? :wink:
In case jimbob is somehow telling the truth about the names having significance (he's totally lying about that btw) you shouldn't reveal the name just its existence.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:04 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Illaman+Mercora: SDK, Sabrar, Mark, Liri

I claim Illaman. I do not know about Liri though. Our WinCon is the inverse of Mercora. We win with Garatron or Humans, but we can not win if Mercora are alive.
Sabrar wrote:Vote: Mark_Cangila

This is just Sabrar trying to get me lynched, since I'm Illaman.
Sabrar wrote:@Mark_Cangila: did you use any ability during the night? Who was your target? Are you aware if someone targeted you?

I did use an ability during the night. I am a Loud Redirector. During the night I redirected LaserGuy's ability to Vicarin. I did it mainly because I didn't want to waste the ability, and I wanted to choose when to claim, so I wanted to avoid a cop, if he was one. I was targeted by an anonymous message claiming to be Liri. However, I have no evidence on whether or not it was Liri. It seemed to be fishing to get me to claim. I can Illaman-Cop Liri if wanted.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm UTC

Easy af.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:07 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Easy af.

What do you mean?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm UTC

Apologies, was gloating.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm UTC

Finally. In the future, please just claim earlier, ugh.

You're claiming that you have a redirection ability in addition to an Illaman cop?

@Sabrar+SDK: how's about you claim your other abilities eh?

I'll confirm that I did get targeted by LaserGuy after the redirect, Mark is correct about that.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm UTC

I can send anonymous messages. :D

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

Sigh. And you didn't want to share this because...

@SDK: this had better be good.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Finally. In the future, please just claim earlier, ugh.

You're claiming that you have a redirection ability in addition to an Illaman cop?

@Sabrar+SDK: how's about you claim your other abilities eh?

I'll confirm that I did get targeted by LaserGuy after the redirect, Mark is correct about that.

I have no idea about Mercora abilities. However, it may be that they have more people, and we have more abilities? This is going on a limb, but maybe 6-2-3-2 where the 3 is the Mercora. It may be unbalanced, but this would make sense to me.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm UTC

Never mind, I just saw Sabrar's post about anonymous messages.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I can send anonymous messages. :D

That was a good message!

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Sigh. And you didn't want to share this because...
Because my ability is completely useless except in the one instance where I can catch a newbie Illaman with it, which requires me to shut up about it.

Mark_Cangila wrote:That was a good message!
Thanks!

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:17 pm UTC

Yeah, Sabrar and SDK have just been lying liars.

@Sabrar: can you describe the message in more detail? You're claiming to have sent it, right?

@Mark: how exactly does your redirect work (without quoting of course)? How much information does the 'noisy' effect give to the target?

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:20 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Mark: how exactly does your redirect work (without quoting of course)? How much information does the 'noisy' effect give to the target?

I chose a target, and any ability they use is redirected to a player I choose. The target whose ability is redirected is informed that it is redirected and informed who the new target is.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 08, 2018 3:21 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I did use an ability during the night. I am a Loud Redirector. During the night I redirected LaserGuy's ability to Vicarin. I did it mainly because I didn't want to waste the ability, and I wanted to choose when to claim, so I wanted to avoid a cop, if he was one. I was targeted by an anonymous message claiming to be Liri. However, I have no evidence on whether or not it was Liri. It seemed to be fishing to get me to claim. I can Illaman-Cop Liri if wanted.
Who did you Illaman-Cop last night, and why?

@Sabrar - are you claiming to have sent the message signed as Liri, or to have sent a different message?

@Liri - care to comment on the claim you sent a message?

@Vicarin - care to explain why you think Sabrar and SDK have been liars?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 pm UTC

@jimbob: they've clearly not claimed all of their abilities, hence at least lying by omission?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 pm UTC

Hi Mark, this is Liri. I don't really know how to approach things but I think the veterans are right about you and you're an alien as well in which case we can win together. I see you voted Sabrar Day1, I think we should continue to push him especially if SDK dies during the night. Let me know in any way you can if you agree.

This is what I sent (message arrives anonymously). Gambit only works against less experienced players (town!Mark would have most likely revealed the message at the very beginning of D2, no later than this post).

Vicarin wrote:Yeah, Sabrar and SDK have just been lying liars.
I object. We never claimed not having a secondary ability.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@jimbob: they've clearly not claimed all of their abilities, hence at least lying by omission?
So everybody who's not claiming their ability D1 is a liar? You sound pretty ridiculous.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I did use an ability during the night. I am a Loud Redirector. During the night I redirected LaserGuy's ability to Vicarin. I did it mainly because I didn't want to waste the ability, and I wanted to choose when to claim, so I wanted to avoid a cop, if he was one. I was targeted by an anonymous message claiming to be Liri. However, I have no evidence on whether or not it was Liri. It seemed to be fishing to get me to claim. I can Illaman-Cop Liri if wanted.

Who did you Illaman-Cop last night, and why?

@Liri - care to comment on the claim you sent a message?

I Illaman-Coped Jimbob. He seemed rather suspicious to be alien. I found that he wasn't Illaman.

I never claimed Liri sent a message. I claimed someone sent a message as him.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests