Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 pm UTC

@Sabrar: Sure. It's just the sort of thing you should probably mention if you want town to not think that you're going to backstab them as soon as you get the chance.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Yeah, Sabrar and SDK have just been lying liars.
Well, obviously they're not to be trusted.

Mark being revealed as Illaman is fine I think, with one garatron down. I feel like town is ahead now so the fact that we have more humans exposed is less troubling.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 pm UTC

If I mention it in advance I can't hunt aliens. Strange that you don't see the logic.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Sabrar: Sure. It's just the sort of thing you should probably mention if you want town to not think that you're going to backstab them as soon as you get the chance.

That's pretty naive.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I Illaman-Coped Jimbob. He seemed rather suspicious to be alien. I found that he wasn't Illaman.
Confirming that I am not Illaman, FWIW. @Mark - why did you not mention this result in your original claim?

Mark_Cangila wrote:I never claimed Liri sent a message. I claimed someone sent a message as him.
Yes, that's what I mean. I want to make sure Liri didn't actually send the message (I have no reason to disbelieve Sabrar sent it, but it doesn't hurt to double-check).

BTW, names are relevant, and I can demonstrate it to anybody who claims a name, but I'm not asking people to do so for various reasons.

Like ninja-plytho mentions, Vic is sounding awfully naive this game. His complaints about Illaman not claiming, when there was little reason for them to do so at that point, are another example. That being said, I think a second Illaman claiming now and then the two claimed Illamans cross-copping each other would not be a terrible plan, since it would help verify Mark's claims.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:That being said, I think a second Illaman claiming now and then the two claimed Illamans cross-copping each other would not be a terrible plan, since it would help verify Mark's claims.
And would identify all Humans for the Garatron to kill.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:That being said, I think a second Illaman claiming now and then the two claimed Illamans cross-copping each other would not be a terrible plan, since it would help verify Mark's claims.
And would identify all Humans for the Garatron to kill.
It would reducing the kill pool by 1, yes. It would also reduce the lynch pool by the same number, not to mention allow more focused use of player abilities on both sides, so I don't think it makes significant difference. I wonder if you might be against it because we're unlikely to lynch a revealed Illaman at this point?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 pm UTC

It also means that we don't accidentally waste lynches on Mercora and Illaman, exactly balancing out the increased NK odds against town.

The point of Illaman claiming was I was finding it absurd that they weren't D1. By claiming, they avoid both the lynch and the NK. What a deal! But no-one was doing it, which was rather confusing.

Ninja'd by jimbob saying the same stuff. And yes, I suspect that Sabrar would very much like no more Illaman claims.

@jimbob: can you explain exactly what the name would allow you to do or can you only work with an example?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 3:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I Illaman-Coped Jimbob. He seemed rather suspicious to be alien. I found that he wasn't Illaman.
Confirming that I am not Illaman, FWIW. @Mark - why did you not mention this result in your original claim?

I was typing my origional claim quickly, before I had to go to my next period in school. I didn't have time to add it. Sorry.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:53 pm UTC

@all: you don't seem to get it. There is nothing left for me to do in this game. I get to sit around while Town and Garatron murder each other and then the remaining faction will play king-maker where nothing I can do has any effect.

BTW Both Humans are Garatron are better off if they get rid of a redirector as that can mess with their abilities. I am unable to affect the game-state.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 3:54 pm UTC

EBWOP: *Both Humans [url]and[/url] Garatron

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 pm UTC

Hi Everyone!

Sorry, work dropped a boatload of work onto me and so I'm trying to find some time to make posts.

Garatron (what appears to be the "real mafia") clearly wants to identify factions so they can narrow down the list of possible humans to NK (or otherwise dispose of), especially as it looks like there may be only 5-6 Humans.

I figure this is why Illaman hasn't claimed (besides one so far), and I will be looking suspiciously at anyone who is pushing towards mass faction claiming.

The most important thing at this point is to lynch the faction that has a night-kill, as they are the direct analog to the mafia of this game.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue May 08, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:You calling me illogical does not make it so.
You being illogical does not require me saying it for it to be true. :P

Sabrar wrote:bessie thinks for some reason that you didn't receive a fake human name like I did but she's unwilling to tell me why she jumped at this conclusion. Do you want to put her mind at rest? :wink:
In case jimbob is somehow telling the truth about the names having significance (he's totally lying about that btw) you shouldn't reveal the name just its existence.

SDK wrote:So... now we get entire role PM's? heury, you should make sure you stick to your answers.
SDK thought mpolo’s entire role pm was revealed. If SDK has a human name claim, he should deduce that mpolo had one too (he should have worked it out from this post). Seems odd to me that you didn’t figure this out. Or maybe you did and tried to send SDK a message here.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:BTW Both Humans are Garatron are better off if they get rid of a redirector as that can mess with their abilities. I am unable to affect the game-state.

This isn't true. In fact, we should lynch the faction with NK.
freezeblade wrote:The most important thing at this point is to lynch the faction that has a night-kill, as they are the direct analog to the mafia of this game.

The town should lynch the NKers first. They are 100% the most dangerous group here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 4:01 pm UTC

SDK was upset about another issue altogether and didn't consider the names at all. There was nothing for me to draw any conclusion from.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Garatron (what appears to be the "real mafia") clearly wants to identify factions so they can narrow down the list of possible humans to NK (or otherwise dispose of), especially as it looks like there may be only 5-6 Humans.

I figure this is why Illaman hasn't claimed (besides one so far), and I will be looking suspiciously at anyone who is pushing towards mass faction claiming.

You're really going to have to explain why Illaman wouldn't want to claim when it takes you off both Human and Garatron kill lists. As is, I'm not seeing any logical flow from one paragraph to the next.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue May 08, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

It was just a thought, I can't read minds so I'll just have to speculate.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue May 08, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

@Sabrar, you misunderstand me, my post was poorly worded. It also seems odd to me that you didn’t figure out what I was stuck on.

Sabrar wrote:@all: you don't seem to get it. There is nothing left for me to do in this game. I get to sit around while Town and Garatron murder each other and then the remaining faction will play king-maker where nothing I can do has any effect.
So, ummm, are you really going to sit silently and watch? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 08, 2018 4:38 pm UTC

FoS freezeblade. His comments aren't coming from a townie perspective, in my opinion. Town needs to eliminate scum, and the only way to do this is via the lynch, so removing people from the lynch pool is beneficial to town. Being strongly against mass faction claiming is not townie.

@Vicarin - would you like me to spell out why Illaman might not claim, because I'm confused as to why you don't get it.

I can explain my ability, but I'm a little wary about doing so currently, as will hopefully become clear when I do demo it. If it makes a difference, I am affected by it as much as anybody I use it on.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 4:38 pm UTC

I actually kind of agree with Sabrar that getting rid of the redirector is probably a net benefit, but I'm tentatively willing to give Mark a pass for today at least since his ability is confirmable so if it appears he's causing trouble, we'll know about it.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm UTC

I'm assuming that SDK or one of the other Mercora has a similar power and that's how they're meant to kill each other.

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 4:44 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Sabrar+SDK: how's about you claim your other abilities eh?

Meh, fine. I'm a double voter. I'm the reason wam was lynched at 6.

Vicarin wrote:@SDK: this had better be good.

Was it good? Felt a bit rushed to me. :wink:

Vicarin wrote:Yeah, Sabrar and SDK have just been lying liars.

What did I lie about?

Oh, because I didn't full claim? Screw that. I'm not trying to backstab town, I'm trying to keep a little bit hidden before I figure out what the hell is going on. Remember that I thought I was strait up a survivor at the time of my claim. My double vote is barely even useful except to use with town!

And, uh, hey, if you want to confirm my ability, just bring Mark up to L-2. :mrgreen:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 4:47 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@all: you don't seem to get it. There is nothing left for me to do in this game. I get to sit around while Town and Garatron murder each other and then the remaining faction will play king-maker where nothing I can do has any effect.

BTW Both Humans are Garatron are better off if they get rid of a redirector as that can mess with their abilities. I am unable to affect the game-state.

Let the good times roll!

But yeah, I agree, we should lynch Mark.

Oh, yeah, sure. Bessie, I do have a name claim included. Sabrar's right in that I was talking about the details of the role and the wincon being included. Didn't give any thought to random things like fake claims, especially since omitting things from scum role PM's is standard fare.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 4:49 pm UTC

So looks like setup is probably something like this:

Town
LaserGuy
mpolo
Vic
Maven
plytho
jimbob

Mercora
SDK
Sabrar

Illaman
Mark
bessie

Gararoth
wam
Liri
freezeblade

If there's only two mafia, then one of Liri/bessie/freezeblade gets moved up to Town.

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

This game is pretty broken. I think we should lynch the Illaman players, just to give Garatron a fair chance to come back from this madness.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 4:52 pm UTC

I was thinking we should lynch Garatron and then No Lynch until heury gives us a Happily Ever After result :P

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 4:53 pm UTC

Hahaha! Yeah, that would be okay too. :lol:

Wait! What am I saying!? DEATH TO ILLAMAN! THEY CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO POLLUTE MY GALAXY!!!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 pm UTC

I'm fine with a draw.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue May 08, 2018 4:59 pm UTC

HUGE FOS on anyone not pushing for Garatron lynches ATM. Getting rid of the NK is paramount, and going after Mercora or Illaman is akin to pushing for survivor lynches on D1 in any other game, it may be better than lynching town, but it's certainly not as important as lynching mafia.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 5:01 pm UTC

Pretty sure the only people not pushing Garatron lynches are Mercora people :roll:

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 6:13 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Pretty sure the only people not pushing Garatron lynches are Mercora people :roll:

Shh! I think some of the humans were starting to listen!

Vote Mark good wagon, SDK knows what he's talking about, let's do this, etc, etc.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 7:10 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Vote Mark good wagon, SDK knows what he's talking about, let's do this, etc, etc.

SDK wrote:This game is pretty broken. I think we should lynch the Illaman players, just to give Garatron a fair chance to come back from this madness.

SDK wrote:And, uh, hey, if you want to confirm my ability, just bring Mark up to L-2. :mrgreen:

Sabrar wrote:BTW Both Humans are Garatron are better off if they get rid of a redirector as that can mess with their abilities. I am unable to affect the game-state.

Mercora are pretty much the only ones who want to kill me. They want to kill me only because they can win with Human or Garatron, so they want me and the other Illaman out of the way. Garatron is the biggest issue so far.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 pm UTC

The fact that they are pushing for my lynch makes them harmful, as they take pressure off of Garatron. Also, SDK is just as dangerous as me with his vote doubling, even though it is known. Can I FoS two people? If so,
FoS: Freezeblade
FoS: SDK

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 7:33 pm UTC

I'm not in favor of lynching mark. Sure redirector can be annoying to town, but we can track him. If we tell him what to do and he doesn't comply we can always lynch him the next day. If his power becomes a direct threat to town we can lynch him. Right now we can use him. Let's do that.

heuristically_alone

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm UTC

OFFICIAL VOTALS

Liri - 2 (Laserguy, Plytho)
Mark_Cangila - 2 (Sabrar, SDK)
FreezeBlade - 1 (Vicarin)

Not Voting: jimbobmacdoodle, Maven89, FreezeBlade, Liri, Bessie, Mark_Cangila

Please let me know if I have your vote wrong.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE: 5 Days 18 Hours
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sabrar

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 08, 2018 8:02 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Mark_Cangila - 2 (Sabrar, SDK)
Is this correct? Did SDK lie about being a double-voter?

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 08, 2018 8:06 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, SDK is just as dangerous as me with his vote doubling, even though it is known.

There's one big difference between you and I that you are forgetting: I am Mercora... You? You're the scum of the universe.

Spoiler:
Why am I such a genocidal maniac anyway? Need some backstory to really get me into the role. :P

PEDIT: No, I didn't lie. It's just hiding. Technically it will become visible in the last 24 hours of the Day.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 9:02 pm UTC

@Mark: Why bother redirecting me rather than doing something against SDK or Sabrar?

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue May 08, 2018 9:30 pm UTC

I'd hoped to be able to do some reads today but the weather was nice and a barbecue happened.

Mark's claim does make my job a little easier tomorrow: focus on Liri, bessie, Freezeblade, jimbobmacdoodle.

LaserGuy's question is quite interesting though.

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm UTC

I'm going to be very busy this week, my content might be small. However, Jimbob was the only person who defended Wam. I don't remember Jimbob doing anything town. I haven't had time to re-read, but if I had to shoot one person right now it'd be him.

Remember that the aliens are not on our side, two factions we can win with, but they're not with us. If they think it'd be easier to win with Gamatron they'd slaughter us. If the vote counts turn that way, it's possible they will and we'll find the town outvoted long before a normal game. Don't trust them please.

Return to “Mafia”