Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Three)

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 am UTC

Might be possible to make 2 vests and do 2 kills if I get motivated. Not sure.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 11:15 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:If we don't win tonight, then going by everyone's powers I'd say Madge is the best bet for an Indie.
Why Madge?

My top indie pick is jimbob, that power is just too weird. But I don't believe an indie is likely. I don't think the 'hole' in the win conditions needs to be filled. Everyone loses could be an option.
Sabrar wrote:"you want to bring peace to the galaxy, you win if either Humans or Garatron are completely eliminated, the other 3 factions have at least 1 player alive each and no lynch or NK occurs for a full day-night cycle".
Doesn't this contradict our wincon? I mean, we'd still be perfectly able to reach our wincon, so a NL wincon indie seems far fetched.

The most likely indie (imho) would be someone needing to keep two opposite sides alive, while getting rid of the other, because that's where the gap is, but this is extremely hard to do without a NK and we haven't seen any evidence of multiple NK's. Withholding N1 I can imagine, but by N2 it was pretty necessary for this hypothetical indie to start acting.
Vicarin wrote:I'm a Bulletproof Vest Manufacturer, able to make a vest each night and give it to someone, but making one destroys the previous. Also, once a vest blocks a kill, I can't make any more.
So you'd be informed if a vest blocked a kill?

So, yeah, I don't think an indie is likely.

I think we're pretty safe going for a Mark lynch tonight and a NL tomorrow. Unless we notice any weirdness in the night. Obviously, if LaserGuy wants to shoot Sabrar, I won't object :wink:

bessie wrote:@LaserGuy, if it’s an ability, I can give you a second kill. Then you can shoot freezeblade and plytho.
:(
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 am UTC

Madge claimed in the daychat you gave me that she's an Absorber. Which seems slightly unlikely as a Human. Possible, but definitely could be a single alien. jimbob is also definutely a possible alien due to his ability being weird, but I'd put Madge higher. LaserGuy being indie would make this setup hilariously unbalanced, and my wincon wasn't changed by becoming a mentee, so I'm fairly sure he's Human. bessie seems to have a double edged town ability that wouldn't work for an indie.

I'm informed if the vest blocks a kill, yes. I can't actually be sure where the vests are otherwise, funnily enough. Thankfully the only redirector appears to be noisy.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I can't actually be sure where the vests are otherwise, funnily enough.
Why not? Are you not the one handing them out?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am UTC

Hi Mark! Anything you'd like to share? :D

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 11:57 am UTC

I hand them out, but if there's a standard redirector, I don't know where they end up. I can't even tell if I successfully put one on myself, which is kind of hilarious. Seeing as Mark's a noisy redirector, I probably don't need to worry.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm UTC

@Madge: can you confirm jimbob's statements about his power?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 pm UTC

Which parts? She claimed she wasn't specifically targeted by it and so wasn't able to absorb it. She did get your daychat ability.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm UTC

Bummer, I was hoping she could confirm or deny the nature of jimbob's power. I just can't make sense of it.

Names are apparently relevant. Humans get names. Aliens get fake names: Mercora claimed they did, I know I did, not sure about Garatron. For some reason these aren't shown on flip (why??).

Then there's one claimed name-related power but, hey, you don't need your actual name for it? (What??)

If I were to say "my name is bleeblooblaa" I'd get a message? (does this count as a claim?? do the quotes protect me??)

My brain can't accept this as an actual power. All the other powers are so clear and straightforward.

Speculation:
-The mod initially wanted to base this power on true-names, but changed it to any claim because nobody would claim their name?
-Jimbob can send messages to anyone and names are relevant for another part of his power? (Lyncher? Still, why no names on reveal?)
-Names are relevant for another player's power?
-Sabrar's power is confirmed by Mark and bessie(?)
-LaserGuy's power is confirmed by Vicarin
-Mark's power is confirmed by LaserGuy and Freezeblade
-bessie's power is confirmed by LaserGuy and me

-Vicarin's power isn't confirmed (but he is like, the towniest townie)
-Madge's power isn't confirmed, but will be tomorrow, presumably.
-Other?

I almost want to ask LaserGuy to shoot jimbob, just to find out. @LaserGuy: this is not an actual request. It's just an expression of my state of mind :wink:

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 1:53 pm UTC

Still need freezeblade 's power.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm UTC

plytho might be able to help us out there. :)

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 2:04 pm UTC

He should be online soon. If you can't wait I could claim it for him.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 2:08 pm UTC

That would be easiest.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 pm UTC

Go nuts, I just blurted out Madge's power without asking because I'm a terrible person

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 pm UTC

It's a counter to SDK's power, freezeblade can block someone's vote. This only shows up in the last 24h.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm UTC

Is it a day-ability?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Would a roleblock or redirect resolve first?

Roleblocker resolves first.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 pm UTC

Hi Illaman Buddy!

Sabrar wrote:Is it a day-ability?

Yes. I let the mod know a name, and that person's vote does not count that day, but will not be reflected in the vote-totals until 24 hours before deadline.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 3:44 pm UTC

Hi!

Sorry I outed myself, I just couldn't ignore the opportunity to use my power twice :D

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm UTC

Oh, I wasn't holding out for my own benefit, but for yours, I didn't want to claim for you.

Now that my power is known (I haven't used it on any day so far btw), I'm letting everyone know that I won't be using it unless it looks like an Illaman or town is set to be lynched, although it's looking less likely that I'll have to use it (If I do, it will be announced).
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm UTC

Replies when I get home tonight. I’m late for work because I overslept. :lol:

Madge, claim.

No hammering while I’m at work. :wink:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 17, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

Whilst I think that plytho and freezeblade are likely telling the truth, there are one or two things niggling that don't quite add up:

Plytho, why didn't you give yourself chat with freezeblade again last night?

I feel like there was something else I was going to say on that topic, but I can't think what it was.

So, are plytho and freezeblade telling the truth? If not, does it matter?
Mark, plytho and freezeblade can't all be Illaman: Mark's lynch would lead to freezeblade's and vice versa, and plytho would likely be lynched straight after those two or after the first lynch, leading to Illaman loss.
Freezeblade being Garatron, with the other two Illaman would be possible, but a bit of a stretch, as it would require all three players to be lying, and likely freezeblade dying in the next two days before plytho gets lynched by an annoyed town.
Plytho being Garatron with the other two Illaman is unlikely, as he would likely get lynched after the other two, leading probably to both an Illaman and Garatron loss. Same probably applies for indie plytho.
Mark being Garatron with the other two Illaman makes sense. Indie Mark is also remotely possible, but less likely. I think he'd have claimed differently in that situation, though I don't know for sure.
Indie freezeblade is unlikely, unless he wants to be lynched, or is desperate. We need to kill him in this situation anyway, so I don't think it makes much of a difference. I could see a case where plytho lied or got an incorrect result with his Illaman cop.
Two Garatron in the group makes no sense.
Mercora!Mark doesn't make much sense.
I could see a weird case for Mercora in the other two, but it would rely on some high degree of craftiness. In that case, I think Mercora!plytho is more likely. However, if there is a third Mercora, there likely is a third Illaman somewhere, who should claim at this point. I don't think this is likely.

There are other crazy cases, but I'm not sure I have the energy to think of the rest of the possible combos. Lynching Mark seems like a fairly safe bet.

Any chance of seeing votals?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm UTC

I can't target the same player twice in a row.

heuristically_alone

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm UTC

OFFICIAL VOTALS

Mark_Cangila - 3 (Freezeblade, Plytho, Vicarin)
Freezeblade - 2 (Sabrar, Mark_Cangila)

Not Voting: LaserGuy, jimbobmacdoodle, bessie, Madge

Let me know if I have your vote wrong.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

DEADLINE:
Wednesday May 23rd 2:00 am UTC
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Madge, claim.
Why don't you read the thread? :wink:

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 pm UTC

There is a situation where plytho isn't lying, and Freeze is Garatron. I think that Freeze as a Garatron is working with Plytho, who is the other Illaman.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm UTC

plytho would be lying about having a null result on you in that case. It's not clear to me what he would stand to gain in that situation anyway, especially now that he's claimed. Obviously if you flip Illaman, we're going to come after freezeblade and plytho next.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 17, 2018 9:37 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:There is a situation where plytho isn't lying, and Freeze is Garatron. I think that Freeze as a Garatron is working with Plytho, who is the other Illaman.

I don't understand how this could even be a possibility, If I'm Garatron, and Plytho is Illaman...what does that make you? If you still claim to be Illaman...then Plytho is working against, has a false claim against, and voting against, his partner (you)?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 pm UTC

He could be sacrificing me to win with Garatron cause he thinks that will win.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 pm UTC

That's...I don't know, seems like it's stretching. Especially seeing as how it would all come crashing down when in that situation you'd flip Illaman tomorrow morning, putting both the last Garatron and the last Illaman on the chopping block the next day.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 am UTC

Yeah, that sort of situation seems to rely entirely on me and LaserGuy getting really ahead of ourselves with the mentor kill, we can just withhold it...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 am UTC

Also, freezeblade, you mind blocking Madge's vote today to see if she gets the ability? I don't think we're in serious trouble getting enough people to lynch Mark.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 18, 2018 3:10 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:I suspect there may be something else dodgy happening with names, and I'm guessing I probably got myself exposed to it by claiming my name.
When did you claim your name?

By claiming my fake name, since it seems it was identical to claiming my real name mechanically speaking unless jimbob is lying about his power.

Also, if anyone isn't sure what to do with their night action tonight, feel free to use it on me (as long as it's not a kill). Even if it's a roleblock or a jailer, I can absorb it. Maybe one of the species cops would be a good idea? But don't target me at the expense of someone who we'd beenfit more from targeting,o bviously.

plytho wrote:@Madge: can you confirm jimbob's statements about his power

Which statements?

So yeah I can neighborise people, including myself.

@all: my claim is that Vicarin was accurate in reporting my power.

I can't absorb day abilities, according to Mod.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 am UTC

any requests for who i can neighborise tonight?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 18, 2018 3:50 am UTC

plytho wrote:@bessie: I guess I didn't return a favor. I missed all the crumbs and figured it came from a townie so I gave my most likely townies chat.
You mean you weren’t auto meta reading me as town? :D

LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:I left you like three... :(

This is why I never leave breadcrumbs.

Sorry :( Maybe I'm just bad at finding them.
And I was so worried that by the third one I was being too obvious and broadcasting it to the world...This experiment in breadcrumbing is over.

plytho wrote:-Jimbob can send messages to anyone and names are relevant for another part of his power? (Lyncher? Still, why no names on reveal?)
Because he is looking for a specific target, and he’s still in the game so... so is his target?

plytho wrote:I almost want to ask LaserGuy to shoot jimbob, just to find out. @LaserGuy: this is not an actual request. It's just an expression of my state of mind :wink:
I’ll come back to this.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Madge, claim.
Why don't you read the thread? :wink:
Why don’t you? Madge has not yet claimed. Madge, get your scummy self in here and claim. And please confirm this:
Vicarin wrote:Which parts? She claimed she wasn't specifically targeted by it and so wasn't able to absorb it. She did get your daychat ability.
Ninja’d by Madge, pre post edit: Please claim anything you know as to whether or not you were targeted by jimbob by any type of power.

Mark_Cangila wrote:He could be sacrificing me to win with Garatron cause he thinks that will win.
Mark, I like you. I’m sorry but we’re going to lynch you, and if you can convince us you are Illaman it probably still won’t save you, because it has to do with your power. This is the stage in the game where it turns into a technical discussion about night actions, and TBH we can’t afford to go into night with a redirector that is not confirmed town. Some final words of advice, you’re playing a great game, have some fun for the remainder of the day.

Vicarin wrote:Yeah, that sort of situation seems to rely entirely on me and LaserGuy getting really ahead of ourselves with the mentor kill, we can just withhold it...
I think we need to use it.

Options:
freezeblade – Nothing personal, freezeblade. This would just be to ensure town retains the numerical advantage, and we can’t be sure of your power. This would also give the two alien factions even numbers, and we would be better set up to try to force a three way tie tomorrow.
Madge – For being Madge, and because an absorber would fit in nicely with my indie-theory (note: would depend on specifics of role).
jimbobmacdoodle – Because there’s no way his power is as he claimed it.

Thoughts: Night kill freezeblade and jimbobmacdoodle. D4, plytho and Sabrar can’t win together, and neither can manipulate the vote, so they will be forced to cooperate with town. If for some reason we still can’t force a tie, lynch Madge to ensure she’s not indie.

@LaserGuy, @Vicarin - related question. Why didn’t you attempt a kill last night?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 18, 2018 3:55 am UTC

bessie wrote:For being Madge

:'(

AFAIK Jimbob sends a message at night to everyone who claimed names in the day. Feel free to claim your own name and get added to his CC list so that way we can all reply UNSUBSCRIBE and STOP HITTING REPLY ALL the way you always do when someone accidentally forgets to use BCC

(note: despite my joke, since this is me confirming a claim, I will reiterate, the message is one way and one time AFAIK, we can't reply to it, which is why we were talking about fruit.)

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 am UTC

@bessie: because we couldn't find any decent targets. Mark had claimed Illaman with no counterclaim, LaserGuy was strongly townreading you, freezeblade was going to claim today anyway, plytho and Madge seemed town, and there was no point killing Sabrar or SDK. jimbob was the only person that we were both kinda ok with killing, but thought that town was far enough ahead that we didn't need to risk firing immediately.

I'm not quite sure if trying to force a tie if we know a path to town victory counts as playing against our wincon...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 am UTC

I'd really prefer to just not shoot anyone tonight, make sure Garatron is dead with Mark's flip and no kill at night, then lynch Sabrar, and if the game hasn't immediately ended upon doing that, we can open fire on possible indies.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 18, 2018 4:15 am UTC

Madge wrote:AFAIK Jimbob sends a message at night to everyone who claimed names in the day. Feel free to claim your own name and get added to his CC list so that way we can all reply UNSUBSCRIBE and STOP HITTING REPLY ALL the way you always do when someone accidentally forgets to use BCC
And some jerk has his out of office setting to reply all and it gets stuck in a loop because he keeps replying to himself...

I was just wondering if jimbob tried using another power on you, since you did claim a real character name. Vicarin used a fake name, so he's not a likely target. I don't know if LaserGuy's claim is a real character, I coukdn't find it anywhere. Madge, is Liliana Potter an Animorphs character?

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 18, 2018 4:17 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I'd really prefer to just not shoot anyone tonight, make sure Garatron is dead with Mark's flip and no kill at night, then lynch Sabrar, and if the game hasn't immediately ended upon doing that, we can open fire on possible indies.
You wouldn't be lying about having that vig kill, would you Vicarin?

Return to “Mafia”