Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 3 - An Unexpected Twist)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I do know that he did visit BoomFrog N1.
Alright, so you are Queen of Hearts? Why did you choose to track wam N1?

I find it unlikely that scum-PR!wam targeted me. Jack of all trades is either roleblocke, doc or rolecop. If he rolecopped me he'd have not asked for a claim. Blindly roleblocking N1 is foolish for scum. Queen of spades is even night only. King of spades (role stopper) won't target town. Ace of spades (vanilla cop) wouldn't ask for a claim.

Ninja'd:
There's a tiny chance the entire show is a scum gambit.
Two scum counter claim eachother so one is confirmed town? Hilarious, but I think the above logic plus moody's confirmation rules that out. At worst moody may still be scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Why did you choose to track wam N1?

wam was my second choice after bessie for tracking, bit of a whim based off the whole semi-scum meta read people seem to have on him. With this kind of power I never have high expectations of catching scum, was really surprised that I got any result at all.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:

/sigh

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.

But g8ven I will get 99% confirmed with a Mark lunch and don't expect to live much longer it was worth it to see your answer.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm UTC

wam wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:

/sigh

But g8ven I will get 99% confirmed with a Mark lunch and don't expect to live much longer it was worth it to see your answer.

Not if we had lynched you first instead of Mark. Which was possible before moody confirmed you.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm UTC

So. I'm 99% sure wam is town and Mark is scum. So who is Mark's partner. We could win this game in record time if we get the Vig shot right.

It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi. I previously said it's not SuperJedi, but I should reread Mark and Super's interactions with Mark's alignment in mind. Moody's claim was a bit unnecessary...

@moody, why did you claim? Mark was likely to be lynched anyway.

Can a mafia Role-stopper target themself? Can a scum Jack using doc target themself?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:40 pm UTC

I was really happy to have a useful piece of information. Like I said, I'm usually crap when it comes to PR use.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:[
There's a tiny chance the entire show is a scum gambit.
Two scum counter claim eachother so one is confirmed town? Hilarious, but I think the above logic plus moody's confirmation rules that out. At worst moody may still be scum.

This did occur to me and I thought will keep that in the back pocket till my next scum game!

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
wam wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:

/sigh

Not if we had lynched you first instead of Mark. Which was possible before moody confirmed you.

I viewed it as unlikely and worth the risk.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Can a mafia Role-stopper target themself? Can a scum Jack using doc target themself?

PRs cannot self target

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:18 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi.

Madge vigs SuperJedi and wam tracks moody?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 pm UTC

Well, that was exciting. And here I was thinking BoomFrog might be a Jack given he switched to town reading me. Ah well.

No vig: wam

What other topics do we need to go through before going after Mark? Im not seeing scum!wam claiming here unless he was incredibly desperate...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi.

Madge vigs SuperJedi and wam tracks moody?

Let's see, assuming Mark is scum (wam being scum is pretty damn unlikely), then if SuperJedi is the last scum, he only survives if he's a Queen, and has to kill Madge. If moody's scum, then he needs to block or kill wam, so that makes killing wam the best choice for him. If the last scum is someone else, this suggests they'll kill wam and just let SuperJedi die, in order to frame moody...

You know what would be handy? A 4th PR for moody to target and get a result from to confirm him tomorrow if scum tries the above :P

SuperJedi224

Postby SuperJedi224 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

Alright then.

vote Mark
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 pm UTC

Get that vote off him right now.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 pm UTC

Don't want him to be able to self-hammer if we're still discussing stuff.

You also seem awfully nonchalant about not full claiming seeing as Madge is probably going to shoot you.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm UTC

Somebody had better unvote Mark already...

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Well, that was exciting. And here I was thinking BoomFrog might be a Jack given he switched to town reading me. Ah well.

I don't need a PR to make a good read. ;)

What other topics do we need to go through before going after Mark? Im not seeing scum!wam claiming here unless he was incredibly desperate...
We mostly just need to make sure wam and Madge are coordinated. Madge probable picked SuperJedi over moody. I guess we could do an underlined no-vig for moody. That might cause Madge to not fire if she didn't make her list long enough, but probably that will cause her to kill SuperJedi.

Unvote

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:35 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Get that vote off him right now.
It's a game. Try to be nice. Especially to the new player who doesn't understand why that vote is a problem.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:55 pm UTC

Argh, you're right. Sorry. Just trying to post fast before he disappeared again...

Also, I was more referring to your D1 "I suck at reading Vicarin" post being replaced by D2 "Vicarin is probably town". Your most recent explaination made it make a fair bit more sense.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:02 am UTC

Why trust Wam's claim over mine? Vote:Wam
This is clearly a scum gambit. This makes me think Wam Boom scum team.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 am UTC

Well, Mark, the alternative is:

1. wam is a scum PR, enabling the tracking result from moody to make sense (unless he's lying about that, in which case we get 2 scum for 1 town).

2. Despite being a PR, he decides to trade his life for a town PR being seen as very scummy who targeted the NK N1, which is the cover someone would use of they're afraid of having been tracked.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 am UTC

People have generally found Wam scummy for a reason. Notice how, when boom asked me about who I thought was scum Wam and Moody were both there? Wam is quite obviously a scum PR.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am UTC

So you think his grand plan as a scum PR is to trade himself for a tracker, putting his last teammate in a terrible position?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:05 am UTC

He might be gambiting. See how successfully he has convinced all of you?
Also, Novig: Mark_Cangila
I won't let town kill themselves by believing an obvious gambit. He also claimed suit after me, which is arguably suspicious

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:10 am UTC

:mrgreen:

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:16 am UTC

Lynch wam. Your two scum for 1 town plan would be better if it was 2 scum for 0 town.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 am UTC

If it's 2 scum for 1 town, I guess I'll be able to live with this win not being perfect.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:33 am UTC

Town has room for 2 mislynches and a big shot on town before hitting LYLO, if you believed what you were saying as town!Mark, you should be celebrating as town would have this win in the bag. Instead, well...

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 am UTC

True. But as a PR, I can't allow myself to simply die. If I am going to die, lynch wam tmrw, for the love of god.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:53 am UTC

Well, yeah. If you do flip Queen of Diamonds, we're obviously going to do that.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 am UTC

Bleh, that other post should have been vig shot, not big shot. Stupid autocorrect.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 am UTC

It really is smarter to keep me alive.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:36 am UTC

You're really not making a strong case for it.

You could always start by answering my original question of why you targeted Sabrar, and who your best guesses for wam's partner are, if you're actually interested in helping town. But you seem more interested in panicking and just telling people to switch to wam without much thought as to what will happen tomorrow.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:It really is smarter to keep me alive.

That line didn't work for me last game when there was a whole lot more going on to make it plausible.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:18 am UTC

Zenii wrote::mrgreen:

moody or SuperJedi? Our perfect game is on the line.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 am UTC

I think if you reaaaaaally wanted a perfect game today, we'd need a full claim to check if there's any other PR results that could help.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:49 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I think if you reaaaaaally wanted a perfect game today, we'd need a full claim to check if there's any other PR results that could help.

It's already narrowed down to 2. I guess we should ask SuperJedi to full claim since he is likely to be shot if he doesn't claim a PR. (Note to SuperJedi, if you are town it's generally better to not lie even if it will save your life.)

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:54 am UTC

You think it's absolutely narrowed down to just those two?

I mean, they're by far the best candidates, but I can't shake the feeling that someone is trying to pull a fast one...

Return to “Mafia”