Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 2: Sashtag

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

Shouldn't you vote for the person more likely to be scum? Why do you think Vicarin is more/less likely to be scum than me?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm UTC

The only possible teams are JimBob-somi or Vic-Zenii. Nothing else makes any sense, and Vic-Zenii makes little sense...
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 pm UTC

I make it 4-4 between me and jimbob, with jimbob having the tiebreaker advantage, and BoomFrog being the only non-voter.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:At least my role is actually useful...

Says the person who managed to get blocked themselves to the person who's probably confirmed two people as town in 1 night :P.

@BoomFrog: Well, I'm obviously biased, but seeing as somitomi is pretty bloody scummy anyway, sure :P.

More seriously, I agree with needing to hammer at least, seeing as Madge wasn't sure if she could call the deadline at the correct time (don't want to be in 4-4 limbo for 6 hours).

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:24 pm UTC

Well darn looks like I can't confirm Vic after all!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:25 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Shouldn't you vote for the person more likely to be scum? Why do you think Vicarin is more/less likely to be scum than me?

He used his power to hard town read Mark (could be rolecop I know). You have been consistently wrong about who is scum. I think town you would've reconsidered me by now. Nothing definitive obviously.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Well darn looks like I can't confirm Vic after all!

Anything more definitive to say?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 pm UTC

What was your plan Zen?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm UTC

I don't have time to read through all this at all. I don't know what to do!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:30 pm UTC

Thinking purely about claims so far, and maybe a little bit of vote patterns.

Okay, essentially confirmed town are Mark, LaserGuy, mpolo (note, LaserGuy might not be, and could be sending false info, but that seems to be a bit of a stretch, and Mark might not be, especially if Vicarin is scum).
Bessie's claim doesn't make much sense coming from scum, especially with false claims around. Scum tracker is a weird ability.
Zenii's bulletproof claim is weird. I don't know why he was so eager to claim it.
somitomi and BoomFrog haven't claimed anything, I believe.
Vicarin's ability is very weak, and is a good cover for a scum ability.

Mark/Vicarin maybe?

somitomi vote on Vicarin doesn't make sense for a buddy, I guess, otherwise they would be a possible team, although maybe a strong bus? BoomFrog/Vicarin is plausible, I think, especially if he hammers me. Zenii could be with Vicarin, certainly.

All the ninjas...

@BoomFrog, I did reconsider Mark at least. But basically any reconsidering was running into the same issues you came across (most people seem townie) or I got myself stuck in tunnelling mode, and just confused myself (see my reads on you and bessie).

@Zenii - unvote me.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Still nobody want to give input on my roleblock?
I have a wild ass guess as to who you would roleblock anyway (if indeed you have a roleblock available).

BoomFrog wrote:The only possible teams are JimBob-somi or Vic-Zenii. Nothing else makes any sense, and Vic-Zenii makes little sense...

Interesting. Hmmm . . .

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Great, somitomi finally votes when it matters and it's for me. Fantastic.

Sorry. You're not my top choice, but you were most suspicious out of the wagons.
—◯-◯

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii - unvote me.

:lol:

Feeling a bit under pressure are we?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:I don't have time to read through all this at all. I don't know what to do!

JimBob is a roleblocker, he should have realized the sash prevented him from blocking Bessie but he didn't, and he was vague instead. -scummy. But his tone has been very townie and genuinely frustrated.

Vic is a follower who got Protective result about Mark. Then revealed that with marks permission. (I'm not sure why, I guess to prove he's a follower but it proved nothing). He has been very casual about the possibility of being lynched.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 pm UTC

Vic why isn't Mark higher on your read list??

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:somitomi and BoomFrog haven't claimed anything, I believe.

BoomFrog claimed Loudener yesterday, bit weird of you to forget that when trying to make a claims table.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:37 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Vic why isn't Mark higher on your read list??

Well, he is NOW. I thought if I put him at the very top (or 2nd) after just saying I'd reread him, everyone would start asking me endless questions about it and then I'd be immediately forced to spill the beans. Kind of like what happened to bessie, eh?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 pm UTC

Woof
bessie
mpolo
LaserGuy
Zenii
Mark_Cangila
Vicarin
BoomFrog
somitomi
jimbobmacdoodle
Grrr

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 pm UTC

I'm sticking with jimbob!

This is exhilarating :mrgreen:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:The only possible teams are JimBob-somi or Vic-Zenii. Nothing else makes any sense, and Vic-Zenii makes little sense...

Interesting. Hmmm . . .

I didn't understand that read at the time and glossed over it. Care to explain your insight?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii - unvote me.

:lol:

Feeling a bit under pressure are we?
Ha, that was intended as a semi-serious joke (me telling Zenii to unvote isn't exactly going to be persuasive) :lol:

More seriously @Zenii, here's an updated claims list:

Jimbob: Roleblocker, targeted bessie, presumed failure due to flavour, sash rules, and other claims. Bessie had sash D1.
mpolo: Self-watcher. Saw bessie and two others N1 visit him.
bessie: Tracker N1, Universal Backup. Had sash D1. Tracked mpolo N1. Got result (on self? I can't remember). Mpolo confirmed town by mod.
Vicarin: Follower. Targeted Mark N1, got protective ability. No other abilities.
LaserGuy: Cop messenger thing. Copped mpolo, targeted bessie.
Zenii: 1-shot bulletproof (unused).
BoomFrog: Loudener. Will produce public result D3 of role name and target.

Vicarin wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:somitomi and BoomFrog haven't claimed anything, I believe.

@Zenii - I'd also appreciate target suggestions for blocking tonight.

BoomFrog claimed Loudener yesterday, bit weird of you to forget that when trying to make a claims table.
That's what happens when you're under pressure and rushing things.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! ALL THE NINJAS. I CAN'T KEEP UP :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 pm UTC

Boom bessie is speculating that i was hypersensitive to the reasoning I used on laser because I myself did it

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:I'm sticking with jimbob!

This is exhilarating :mrgreen:

I meant to ask you. Do you prefer to play games on the hardest difficulty?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:42 pm UTC

I can't say I agree with all of Bessie's points against jimbob. Particulary, I didn't find his eagerness to claim his sash results scummy. However, I like her points in her latest post about his contradictions. I'm split, but I'm voting Jimbob because
A. Jimbob could be partners with BF or Vic, while BF and vic likely aren't partners.
B. Short posting by vic has been townie before.

I see too many good points from bessie to vote her (even though she is tunelling).

For now, I'm gonna move my vote to jimbob.
Unvote
Vote: Jimbob

I'm also quite split on claiming, but I'm getting night killed anyways. I am doctor, but due to a downside I will not be targeting anyone tonight. Note: This downside is not a hard and fast rule, it would just make it idiotic for me to doctor anyone tonight. On that note, I will not be able to safely doctor unless I know the kill will be blocked that night, for the rest of the game.

PreEdit: Babysitter not doctor

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 pm UTC

I've been trying to post that for literally an hour. Crappy sprint 2G (free) roaming.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 pm UTC

Well that was hammer. No posting.

Madge

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:12 am UTC

That was hammer!

Final Votals

jimbobmacdoodle - (5) - bessie, Zenii, mpolo, Vicarin, Mark
Vicarin - (3) - LaserGuy, , jimbob, Somitomi
Somitomi - (1) - BoomFrog

Things seemed almost normal at the precinct: Hitchcock and Scully had made everyone coffee (which Amy was immediately suspicious had been spiked), and Jake was even getting some paperwork done.

“I miss Rosa.” Gina said.

“How can you say you miss Rosa? She destroyed your computer!” Terry exclaimed.

“I know, but… I feel we had a connection, you know? The girl squad?”

Amy rolled her eyes. “Rosa hates you. She hates everyone. No way she’d have been working with you.”

Jake’s eyes opened wide. “Yeah, she’s too stubborn to work with anyone else, we already knew that. But you know who isn’t…”

Jimbob has been eliminated from the game by majority vote.

It is now Night 2. Dawn breaks in just under 2 days.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 3: Sash Impasse

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:18 am UTC

Holt and Boyle came back from their call-out.

Cheddar, Captain Holt’s dog, got up from the cushion he was napping on to greet his master. He sat carefully in front of Holt, looking up at him with big, wide eyes. Holt saluted the dog, and the dog returned it in kind. Giving the dog a nod, he walked towards his office.

“Oh my god Jake! You wouldn’t believe it! There was a werewolf! It almost ate me!” Boyle squealed.

“Really? Noice!” Jake cried out, grinning.

“Detective Boyle is mistaken.” Holt said levelly, taking his captain’s hat off. “There was a magnificent Irish Wolfhound at the hotel, which resulted in several health code violations. We had to wait until animal control came to pick it up.”

“Anyway! Did I miss anything?” Boyle looked at Jake. “Did you and Amy team up to try to take the Sash? Oh my goodness do Hitchcock and Scully have it?!”

Jake rolled his eyes. “No, Boyle. Gina just dragged Amy to the women’s bathroom, saying it was lady troubles. I’m sure they’re up to no good but I can work it out when they get back.”

“Yeah,” Terry agreed. “And Scully and Hitchcock -” Terry gestured towards their desks, and with a start, realised they weren’t there. “Wait! Where are Scully and Hitchcock?!”

“They cannot have gone far,” Holt remarked. “There’s half a pie here. And it is still steaming.”

Terry growled. “I bet you they’re in their secret nap room!”

“Or they could be trying to complete the heist to become the ultimate human slash genius?” Jake offered.

Boyle, Terry and Jake all laughed, and then headed to Hitchcock and Scully’s secret naproom. There, as dainty as a cherub, lay Hitchcock, snoring away.

“Hitchcock!” Terry yelled. “Get up now!

Hitchcock yawned, and adjusted his pillow. Terry shook his head.

“Normally, I’d send him downstairs to help with the community outreach - but he’d probably cause more trouble than he’s worth. Let’s just lock the door behind us so he doesn’t get into any trouble when he wakes up.”

“What about Scully?”

There was the sound of two sets of feet running towards the storage room. “There you guys are!” Amy cried out, relieved. “Someone’s handcuffed Scully to the table in the interrogation room! And the master keys have gone missing.”

“Yeah.” Gina said, her voice full of vocal fry. “I think we’re all very, very disappointed that that digusting oaf doesn’t have freedom of movement.”

“Hey!” Terry said. “Watch it.”

Gina rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry, muscles. He’s perfectly happy. He’s got half a pie.”

“He’s eating it with his face.” Amy muttered.

“Okay. I’ll get the locksmith to come by, and send a uniformed officer downstairs to check if the handcuff keys were one of the keys that Rosa copied. But I think it’ll be awhile before Scully is freed. You might want to prepare him for that.” Terry said earnestly.

“Why? He'll be fine a few hours. We can just give him the rest of that pie.” Jake smirked.

Gina visited Amy in the night.

Jimbobmacdoodle was eliminated during the day by the group vote. He was Michael Hitchcock, town Roleblocker.

Laserguy was eliminated during the night by a kill. He was Norm Scully, town Singing Cop.

It is now Day 3. Night falls in about a week.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Zenii

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 3: Sash Impasse

Postby Zenii » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:23 am UTC

mpolo explain

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 am UTC

Someone should have a cop result. Don't share it right away, let's see who goes for who. Anyone want to claim having the sash?

mpolo doesn't have to explain squat. He's town or Bessie and mpolo are partners.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 am UTC

I have no night results I feel like claiming.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:33 am UTC

mpolo is Not Mafia.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:36 am UTC

I'll be back in 48 hours.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:38 am UTC

That's.... Interesting. Well, I can't say that it's surprising that LaserGuy died, but the Loudener result...

We good for a full name claim today then, seeing how BoomFrog apparently has his power work? Don't need to worry about outing particular PRs anymore.

Vicarin - Jake
mpolo - Gina
Mark - Charles
bessie -
somitomi -
BoomFrog -
Zenii -

Unless someone wants to claim ownership of the Sash because they targeted LaserGuy for some bizarre reason, I'm assuming that there's a good chance that whoever killed LaserGuy has it, so we have a decent shot of finding scum that way.

@BoomFrog: are you stating unequivocally that you know there isn't a godfather in the game then? While unlikely, I think he still needs to explain an apparently omitted part of his powers.

@bessie: That's a very particular wording, are you implying that he could be Indie?

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:43 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: That's a very particular wording, are you implying that he could be Indie?

LaserGuy wrote:My results come in the form of mafia/not-mafia, and bessie has repeatedly crumbed a not-mafia result on mpolo.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@BoomFrog: are you stating unequivocally that you know there isn't a godfather in the game then? While unlikely, I think he still needs to explain an apparently omitted part of his powers.

No, but I'm not going to throw the game being paranoid. He didn't target the person who was NKed, and he's been copped as not-mafia, and he didn't target the person with the sash, so he's probably not a sash hungry indy. He's as confirmed town as we are going to get this game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:46 am UTC

Will LYLO/MYLO be announced?

I would like everyone left to claim character names.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:48 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:

Vicarin wrote:BoomFrog -

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:49 am UTC

Zenii wrote:mpolo explain

Also, I'm shocked that you are in any way surprised. :?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 am UTC

@bessie: Ah, right. Ok, definitely want mpolo to explain then.

@BoomFrog: I somewhat doubt that him not targeting the person who was NKed is that much in his favor seeing as going by his own claimed power, he would have known that he got loudened for N2. This goes for not targeting LaserGuy too. Still leaves wide open the possibility of Indie.

Ninja'd @Zen: Right, he's Cheddar the Dog.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:56 am UTC

Oh yeah, I'd also still appreciate an answer to this.

Vicarin wrote:What was your plan Zen?

Return to “Mafia”