Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 2: Sashtag

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 am UTC

Goddamn it Zen don't ruin the joke.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 am UTC

I don't think jimbob's a tracker.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:31 am UTC

bessie wrote:I don't think jimbob's a tracker.

Then if there wasn't a kill then why can't mpolo be mafia?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 am UTC

I also find it rather puzzling that bessie would look at a few standard roles, go "oh, none of those fit" and then think the matter is resolved, as if this game couldn't have any more weird roles, seeing as we've had a Loudener and Sash cop claims so far. Hell, if jimbob was a Loudener, then I think his current behaviour toward bessie would make plenty of sense (unsure if roleblocked, people will see what he was going for if he dies, makes sense to target the scum read).

Well, noone seemed to want to join me on somitomi, so I'll go for my next choice...

Vote: bessie

Ninja'd: well that REALLY resolves stuff now :roll:. I know you hate claiming and all that, but that's really not enough to work with.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:36 am UTC

bessie also pulling out the baffling read of mpolo being towniest, where the hell is that coming from???

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 am UTC

Hmm, I think jimbob did something to mess with my night result. BoomFrog had a role in X-Men where the target was redirected back upon themself, I think that might be it.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:39 am UTC

So you're claiming that you think your result was actively interfered with then? And this couldn't be a side effect from targeting mpolo or anything?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am UTC

@Zen: How's your ordered list looking right now?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:So you're claiming that you think your result was actively interfered with then? And this couldn't be a side effect from targeting mpolo or anything?
My night result is consistent with me being redirected to myself. Never mind. mpolo saw me, so I definitely targeted him.

My belief that mpolo is not mafia is independent of any power I used last night.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:51 am UTC

Ok, so you targeted mpolo, and got a result that matches that, but also think that you got messed with?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 am UTC

Ok let's just lay it out.

To be more direct: bessie you are claiming tracker, correct? And you saw mpolo visiting either a) himself b) yourself or c) no one.

Which if those is it? If a), that fits with what he claimed, self watcher.

Also jimbob's action was definitely blocked. That much was made clear.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:58 am UTC

Now if your basis for town mpolo was the fact that he didn't visit anyone, well there was no kill so you shouldn't have been able to draw a conclusion from that.

If your reasoning is not action related, what is it?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 am UTC

It has to be a pretty strong reason for him to jump to the first position on your read list.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Also jimbob's action was definitely blocked. That much was made clear.
Isaid there was a reasonable chance I was blocked (by the sash in particular), although from the night result PM, I don't know for certain.

Bessie, why would attempting to roleblock or jail my second scummiest read mean I'm scum? Your logic on ruling out these roles makes little sense to me. Cop, I get. I could hazard a guess about tracker too (i.e. you being one or you know someone else who is one).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:17 am UTC

Vic I'll get back to you on that.
Jim why were you so eager to get your night info out?
Mpolo what made you change your mind about boom yesterday?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:24 am UTC

I realized I had misread pretty grievously (BoomFrog pointed this out). Also, the claimed power seems more involved than any false claim would likely be (because a false claim that's so complicated that you have to go back and check the wording 2-3 times is very likely ineffective as a false claim -- though I suppose the fact that I'm tending to accept the claim is evidence to the contrary.)

So, deadline is now sometime in 2-3 hours, with a possible random up to six hour extension, depending when Madge gets on? Or have I totally misread the deadlines?
Image <-- Evil experiment

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:25 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Bessie, why would attempting to roleblock or jail my second scummiest read mean I'm scum? Your logic on ruling out these roles makes little sense to me.
If you roleblocked me or jailed me, you would know your action failed (mpolo claimed he saw me). You wouldn’t be unsure (no “reasonable chance”).

Zen: b. cause I think he went for the sash.

Zenii wrote:It has to be a pretty strong reason for him to jump to the first position on your read list.
It is.

Ninja'd.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 am UTC

New deadline in about 14 and a half hours. See this post.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:33 am UTC

I probably won't going to be around at deadline... weekends are bad for me as usual and I know I'm going to be out for most of the day, so this may be last check in.

Still thinking Vicarin is the way to go. I'd be okay with jimbob too I guess.

@bessie: Don't forget I targeted you last night as well.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@bessie: Don't forget I targeted you last night as well.
I didn’t forget. I thought I knew why. I thought you got the message.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:25 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Jim why were you so eager to get your night info out?
Several reasons: mostly because nobody had realised that targeting the sash holder would clearly indicate that they did target the sash holder, even if they didn't get the sash. That meant that there was some speculation, IIRC, about people not knowing that their ability had failed because they might have targeted the holder, so clarifying was useful and reduced wasted discussion. Furthermore, it means that people can verify a player's sash claim, even if they don't end up with the sash themselves, giving us better ability to plan out our actions, should we decide to coordinate things. Finally, if bessie had decided to claim she didn't have the sash, I would have been able to counterclaim her. There may have been other reasons too, but I don't remember them if there were.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:31 am UTC

bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Bessie, why would attempting to roleblock or jail my second scummiest read mean I'm scum? Your logic on ruling out these roles makes little sense to me.
If you roleblocked me or jailed me, you would know your action failed (mpolo claimed he saw me). You wouldn’t be unsure (no “reasonable chance”).
I've been basing my claims on knowledge of blocking purely on my result PM, nothing else, since to me that's the only confirmed knowledge I have, and since it doesn't unnecessarily reveal more about my role than I want to. Also, on the roleblocker point, I'm pretty sure I've been in games where a tracker gets the intended target as a result for a roleblocked player, so you being seen visiting mpolo does not necessarily imply my theoretical roleblock didn't go through. Finally, on the same lines roleblocker!me does not know that your ability can actually be roleblocked.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 am UTC

Votals

jimbobmacdoodle - (1) - bessie
Vicarin - (3) - LaserGuy, Mark, mpolo
BoomFrog - (1) - jimbob
Mark - (2) - BoomFrog, Somitomi
Bessie - (1) - Vicarin

Deadline is in 13.5 hours
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:37 am UTC

Flavor (which is of course less than fully reliable) suggests that bessie did actually visit me. Apparently my character wants to be seen and sets up cameras to see who is watching her, which wouldn't make sense for someone who intended to visit and didn't do so because of a roleblock.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:27 pm UTC

Well, I'm going to be awake at deadline, but I'm going to have to go to sleep soon, so to give people an actual chance to react to something, hopefully without giving too much away...

I strongly doubt that Mark is scum.

I also strongly doubt LaserGuy is scum.

BoomFrog, somitomi, go vote somewhere else.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:29 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Zen: b. cause I think he went for the sash.
Was yourself the only result? That's also potentially compatible with his role if you also saw the other people that hisited him. Is this the case?

More importantly, WHY IS HE NOT MAFIA if not due to action reasons?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:14 pm UTC

Unvote Mark
Vote somitomi

I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, which is a bad sign, but it's too late in the day for a crazy swing. I will consider switching to JimBob or maaaaaaby Bessie or mpolo. I haven't had time to fully process the ramifications of Bessie.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Ok, I was somewhat worried at the 2-4 vote 24 hours before deadline, but I think it was pretty clear that bessie was favoring voting for plytho. I also thought that LaserGuy might be amenable to switching back. Turns out what sealed plytho's fate was mpolo's unvote though.

mpolo revoting after that very late unvote or somitomi dropping a vote after saying how hard it was for him to get any reads done would both be so incredibly scummy that I don't know why you'd worry about it. And while Zen switching is possible (his joke switch was alarming), I think he's a good enough player to realize that would be a pretty dumb idea, especially seeing as you were way, way less scummy on his final reads list for the day.

I've learnt to not get too worried about the votals until fairly late in the day, with the huge swings that have occurred in a hell of a lot of games.

After sleeping on this I've decided this is very real and scum Vic wouldn't have been able to fabricate so these details. Especially the underlined, if Vic was scum he'd have likely thought Zenii's post to be amusing not alarming. Alarming is not the obvious reaction, so I'm confident that Vic was genuinely alarmed, aka cared about the outcome, aka is town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:35 pm UTC

bessie wrote:My belief that mpolo is not mafia is independent of any power I used last night.

Well that's distressing and intriguing because most of my read on you and mpolo was that you copped him, but that seems to be not the case. :?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:39 pm UTC

I'm not lynching Vic. Mark can confirm tomorrow if necessary. So long as Vic has two verifiable results toMorrow (Mark and someone else), he's town. @Laser what about Vic's responses to your points do you disagree with? They all seemed like reasonable answers.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the three boom listed. The town reads on mpolo are ridiculous. No one has given a really justifiable reason for their read on him. Meta isn't an answer for someone with 10 years of experience who you've never even seen as scum.

If bessie can't provide a legitimate reasons for her town read on mpolo, I'm going with bessie. Otherwise jim or mpolo. jim your claim would clear things up here. I see no reason for it to remain obscure at this point.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:45 pm UTC

I believe this is the question you were saying I missed:
bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I don't think it's normal though for her to do it to this extent.
What??? :shock: Read like, any of my games. How about Newbie New Year? somitomi, how do you think my tunneling on jimbob in this game compares to my tunneling on you in NNY? Same question to BoomFrog.

As a late joiner to the game I expected you to be overwhelmed D1 and end up sheeping a townie read. Then D2 to fixate on someone. Some of your points have been a little far fetched though. But yes I've seen you chew on equally minor things before as town.

So I think your attack on plytho so fast was a bit of a surprise, although it makes sense you'd check the two lynch leaders first. So then actually it's a surprise you haven't found anything specific to go after me about dispite me being fairly low on your list...

So yeah, based just on content I'm suspicious. Nothing that stands out as townie or scummy but at this point neutral is leaning scummy.

Your power claims and effort to unravel that have seemed townie, but I need to think about it more.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:15 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:I'm not lynching Vic. Mark can confirm tomorrow if necessary. So long as Vic has two verifiable results toMorrow (Mark and someone else), he's town. @Laser what about Vic's responses to your points do you disagree with? They all seemed like reasonable answers.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the three boom listed. The town reads on mpolo are ridiculous. No one has given a really justifiable reason for their read on him. Meta isn't an answer for someone with 10 years of experience who you've never even seen as scum.

If bessie can't provide a legitimate reasons for her town read on mpolo, I'm going with bessie. Otherwise jim or mpolo. jim your claim would clear things up here. I see no reason for it to remain obscure at this point.

Bessie and mpolo are not being lynched. Please do not pursue his any further today.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:38 pm UTC

bessie wrote:

Laser, explain this.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:13 pm UTC

Also you're voting pretty much confirmed town in my eyes (and tried to get him out another) so your weight of influence is 0 to me right now.

@Boom will you vote mpolo with me?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:43 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I like bessie and BF later on today.

Can you give anything specific about each of us that you like more?

You mostly are kritiking the ideas of other, instead of making your own.
I think this is an idiom misstranslation. Do you mean "Cricketing" (like the little grasshoppers)? And does that mean copying/repeating? Makes sense. In English we say "Parroting". What culture is "cricketing" from?

BoomFrog wrote:Okay. Mark following my suggestion with no complaint even after I and Zen said we should stop is super weird. Mark had been against everything I suggest. I strongly recommend no one else name claim.

I... missed that. :oops:
So why did you like the roleclaim idea? And while we are at it, without giving any details about your personal power, why did you not like the idea of roleblock claiming?

Now that I understand bessie's mistake, her D1 posts come across much townier. Her D2 posts seem like town Bessie too.

As for you, your D2 posts feature good scumhunting, and read as townie.

I use kritiking instead of critiquing because that's what it is called in debate, and I didn't remember how to spell it correctly.

I liked role name claim because it didn't have a chance of revealing roles instantly, and was sort of verifiable. RB claims seemed to give scum more info and didn't give town too muxh info.

@Vicarin: Revealing results sounds great.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm UTC

bessie's mpolo read is either unfounded or misguided. I'm leaning toward the latter, but I'd like to be sure. We have a low chance of hitting mafia right now, but if the people I've requested information from provide it, I think our chances will improve to a figurative 90%.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm UTC

I still trust LaserGuy, Vic and Zenii enough that I'm only going to vote JimBob or somitomi at this point.

This is certainly an entertaining web of trust.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:01 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:
bessie wrote:

Laser, explain this.

You want me to claim?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:08 pm UTC

You know what, fine whatever, I was thinking I may do this anyway. Doc can protect me tonight and win the sash if they want.

I'm the cop, but I send my results to another player. I copped mpolo last night and sent the result to bessie on the assumption that the sash wouldn't provide immunity to the messaging part of my power. Only the player who receives the result is considered to be targeted, so mpolo will not have seen me, and I wouldn't have been able to get the sash from him if he had it.

My results come in the form of mafia/not-mafia, and bessie has repeatedly crumbed a not-mafia result on mpolo.

Scum is in {Vic, BoomFrog, jimbob}. Take your pick.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:23 pm UTC

Jimbob's it is then :mrgreen:

And no I didn't want you to claim, but I'm glad you did!

Vote: jimbob

Return to “Mafia”