MafiaScum round 2

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Nebuduck

Re: MafiaScum round 2

Postby Nebuduck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 pm UTC

I'm not, so far, but I don't guarantee that I won't - I just probably won't.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 pm UTC

Okay, then. Now I'm awake.

Well, I do tend to like someone who at least sees some of the logic in my announcing the cop thing early, and I do agree that TMP and Bulvox have been at least somewhat suspicious, and the argument for the lynching is a nice one, and no lynching is always bad, so...

vote: Bulvox

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:43 pm UTC

I'd like to get my questions answered before I vote, but I do think Bulvox is mafia. Their accusation of Spsnow02 might have been an ironic reference to the first round, but they haven't done much to defend themselves, and their acusation of willwithskills is highly incriminating. Perhaps we should give them one last chance to defend themselves?
Damn you, gender-specific pronouns!
    Indigo is a lie.
    Which idiot decided that websites can't go within 4cm of the edge of the screen?
    There should be a null word, for the question "Is anybody there?" and to see if microphones are on.

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:11 pm UTC

Leave for a few hours and look what happens!

My vote is still with Bulvox

Macbi wrote:Have the mafia already had a chance to dicuss tactics

I'm pretty sure they're only allowed to PM each other during the night
Rawr!

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

Well, a lot has happened since I've been asleep. Um...Okay, first: thanks, gojoe, for answering my questions about the game. Clears things up a little.

Second, Bulvox. If I have counted correctly, 7 people have voted for him/her so far. I can see why. Either Bulvox is just an incredibly inexperienced player, or he/she is mafia-- his/her behavior has been incredibly suspicious the last few pages. Hmm...I will refrain from voting for now to see if Bulvox will say anything to defend him/herself, but I am seriously considering voting for him/her.

By the way, can we tell each other our genders? I hate referring to people using incorrect gender pronouns, so I have been forced to use him/her the whole time. I'm a girl. Whoo! :D
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

(I just realized who you are, une see. that's a new(ish) avatar, isn't it?)

I'm a guy.

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm UTC

What Bulvox and Moo Prophet did may look suspicious IF what Nebuduck did was stupid.

But, is it really the case that what Nebuduck did was stupid? I don't want to accuse him because I don't think he is mafia, but if he was Mafia it wasn't a stupid thing to say. First of all it tells the rest of his team not to say they were cop, something they couldn't have discussed before (we haven't had night yet so the Mafia can't determine a strategy). And second, if he is mafia it worked perfectly.

Again, I'm not saying that Nebuduck is either mafia or so smart that he managed to make an apparently incriminating statement actually turn into a lynch mob against someone else with the help of a fellow mobster. But the basic preposition that anyone who thinks Nebuduck looks guilty must be guilty himself doesn't make sense to me.

I haven't made a decision yet, though it's impossible for me not to suspect Bulvox at this point.

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

I'm a dude!

Lets just Lynch Bulvox today, and use our information we gain tomorrow, He's the only one we all seem to agree on, and we're only a few votes off.
Rawr!

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:32 pm UTC

Hmph. Yeah, I don't even know what I was thinking last night. I was actually going to vote for Bulvox until I read Martin's post at 2 in the morning. Nebuduck, I wasn't aware that you were Mafia in the last game, or were so good at it. Also, relax a little. Also, changing my vote:

Unvote: Nebuduck
Vote: Bulvox

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:32 pm UTC

Sledgehmr wrote:I haven't made a decision yet, though it's impossible for me not to suspect Bulvox at this point.

That's all we can go off of today.

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm UTC

Sorry for the double, but;

une see wrote:y the way, can we tell each other our genders? I hate referring to people using incorrect gender pronouns, so I have been forced to use him/her the whole time. I'm a girl. Whoo! :D

Im a guy :D

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:35 pm UTC

I'm going to take on the challenge of recording everyones votes and votes so far. It'll be up in a second.
Rawr!

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:41 pm UTC

9 people so far have voted for Bulvox. michaelandjimi forgot to bold his vote way back on the 4th page, but it's there.

That means only one person is needed to lynch Bulvox. I still have to think about this...

And thanks to all those who have announced their genders! :D

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 pm UTC

Vote for-

1. Spsnow02 - Bulvox
2. Nebuduck - No Lynch, michealandjimi, No Lynch, The moo prophet, Bulvox
3. Rodan - Bulvox
4. Martin W - Bulvox
5. willwithskills - Bulvox
6. Azrael001 -
7. Macbi -
8. AKAnotu - No Lynch,
9. Avalon -
10. Tigion -
11. une see -
12. michaelandjimi - Bulvox, The Moo Prophet, Bulvox
13. Sledgehmr -
14. Bulvox - Nebuduck, willwithskills
15 Sorroth -
16 The Moo Prophet - Nebuduck, Bulvox
17 jakeyizle -
18 Bf2flyby - Bulvox

Vote received-

1. Spsnow02 - 0
2. Nebuduck - 2, 0
3. Rodan - 0
4. Martin W - 0
5. willwithskills - 1
6. Azrael001 - 0
7. Macbi - 0
8. AKAnotu - 0
9. Avalon - 0
10. Tigion - 0
11. une see - 0
12. michaelandjimi - 1, 0
13. Sledgehmr - 0
14. Bulvox - 8
15 Sorroth - 0
16 The Moo Prophet - 2, 0
17 jakeyizle - 0
18 Bf2flyby - 0

We have 9 no votes, people get your opinions out!
Rawr!

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 pm UTC

Okay, I'm going to double post here. I am still not positive if Bulvox is mafia or not, but...I'm going to vote for him/her. I do not like the fact that he/she voted for willwithskills just because he/she (willwithskills) voted for him/her (Bulvox). (See how confusing this is?) That, so far, has been the most suspicious move by Bulvox, in my opinion. He/she seems to be very trigger-happy and wants to put the blame on someone else no matter what. So I hope I don't regret this:

Vote: Bulvox

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 pm UTC

I only got 8 for bulvox, and Michealandjimi did bold his
Rawr!

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

I thought there were 9 votes for Bulvox, but maybe I counted wrong. Um...well, that takes the pressure off me. :)

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

Thats 9 for Bulvox, One more for a majority.

We've only had one person not talk yet, and thats Sorroth.

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 pm UTC

SPsnow02 wrote:I only got 8 for bulvox, and Michealandjimi did bold his

Did he vote again on the 5th page? I guess he must have because he didn't bold his vote on the 4th page. Anyways, sorry about the confusion! I am an incompetent counter. :(

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

Well, I have to go now, have a 3-hour long test to take. I hope something happens by the time I get back.

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

I feel bad voting for Bulvox because it's so obvious to me he's very inexperienced and I could see myself doing that if it was my first game.

But I don't yet see another choice (besides the No Lynch that it seemed like alot of us had agreed on), so I'm going to give it a couple hours and if nothing has changed by then vote for Bulvox.

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I'm going to switch to Bulvox too. Just because The Moo Prophet hasn't really done much.

Unvote: Moo Prophet.

Vote: Bulvox.

Sorry for switching so much.

Sees :D! I founds it!
Rawr!

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

Sledgehmr wrote:I feel bad voting for Bulvox because it's so obvious to me he's very inexperienced and I could see myself doing that if it was my first game.

But I don't yet see another choice (besides the No Lynch that it seemed like alot of us had agreed on), so I'm going to give it a couple hours and if nothing has changed by then vote for Bulvox.

NO LYNCH IS ALWAYS HORRIBLE!

and besides, Just because he may be inexperienced doesn't mean he's not a mafia member. We don't know his experience level, and that is a good strategy for a mafia member.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

I'm male. (My name's Martin after all ;-))

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:04 pm UTC

I don't agree on the no lynch always bad, I did some calculations earlier in this thread that showed the expected value of no lynch on day 1 is high than for lynching.

Also what he's done is clearly a horrible strategy for either townie or mafia (we know this because it's never a good idea to get lynched on the first day, so it can't be a good mafia strategy to point fingers till you get lynched). So he must be inexperienced. Still need time to think about it before I vote for him feeling guilty about booting out the new player on the first day. I'm hoping something new will happen in that time so I can clear my conscience about it.

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

His strategy of pointing at a random person is VERY beneficial to a mafia member, he knows all the other mafia members, so anyone who he decides to point to is a gain for him.

How does no Lynch do anything but lose us two townies tonight?

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

I am also a guy. I mean, my name is WILLwithskills. Isn't it obvious?
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:10 pm UTC

That strategy is only beneficial IF it doesn't lead to him getting lynched, which clearly failed.

If we're voting at random than it's more like we'd kill a townie. Also there's actually only about a 50 percent chance that the mafias will kill two separate townies tonight. But I don't want to rehash all the numbers I had because it looks at this point like they don't matter.

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:13 pm UTC

Sledgehmr wrote:That strategy is only beneficial IF it doesn't lead to him getting lynched, which clearly failed.

What does that matter??!?! He still tried the strategy...

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm UTC

Bf2flyby wrote:
Sledgehmr wrote:That strategy is only beneficial IF it doesn't lead to him getting lynched, which clearly failed.

What does that matter??!?! He still tried the strategy...

Agreed, that's horrible reasoning, just because someone failed, doesn't mean they didn't try... Using horrible logic like that to try to defend someone who is probably mafia is looking suspicious to me, I'll have my eye on you tomorrow.
Rawr!

Sorroth

Postby Sorroth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 pm UTC

Hey all, very sorry I haven't posted yet. The majority of the posting happened while I was still asleep, and I didn't have time to both read through everything and make a post before leaving the house this morning.

From what has happened, that being the bandwagonning, the trying to lay the blame on WWS, and the extremely poor defence, and possibly the jumping on SPsnow02 in the very first (non-narrator) post of the game, I'm going to :

Vote: Bulvox.

And, to be perfectly frank, even if he isn't actually the mafia, and yes, I know this will make me sound horrible, one less townie that unwittingly draws attention away from the real mafia can only be a good thing.

Oh, and I'm of the male persuasion.
</streamofconsciousness>

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

Theres 10, looks like a majority.
Rawr!

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

Have your eye on me all you want. I'm not changing my decision because of it. I'm still going to vote for him in a couple hours if no new information comes out.

As for my argument though, think of it this way, IF you were mafia, would you do what he did? It should be obvious that strategy wouldn't work so only someone who wasn't thinking would do it. Given that it's more likely statistically speaking he's a townie than a mobster, and he's clearly inexperienced, I just don't feel like it makes sense to jump to the conclusion he has to be mafia. Still even if I don't believe in rash lynchings (which this was a while ago, but by now probably isn't I guess), I still think he's at least somewhat suspicious, which is why I said I'd be voting for him barring new information.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Bf2flyby wrote:How does no Lynch do anything but lose us two townies tonight?

While I am probably going to lynch Bulvox, no lynch is sometimes optimal: What you gain is information, from the cop, and from who the mafia killed.
    Indigo is a lie.
    Which idiot decided that websites can't go within 4cm of the edge of the screen?
    There should be a null word, for the question "Is anybody there?" and to see if microphones are on.

Sorroth

Postby Sorroth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Question about the game: Between the vote reaching a quorum, and the Mod announcing sunset, should we all stay silent, or can we talk?
</streamofconsciousness>

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Using horrible logic like that to try to defend someone who is probably mafia is looking suspicious to me, I'll have my eye on you tomorrow.

Agreed. He's also telling us about how guilty he's feeling about lynching a person who's obviously inexperienced.
Is he subtly trying to defend his mafia pal? Makes me suspicious. But Bulvox makes me more suspicious.

Sledgehmr

Postby Sledgehmr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:26 pm UTC

Seems a bunch happened while I was making my last post so sorry for the double. Sorroth makes a good point, I guess that's probably reason enough to vote for him.

SPsnow02

Postby SPsnow02 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:26 pm UTC

Sledgehmr wrote:Have your eye on me all you want. I'm not changing my decision because of it. I'm still going to vote for him in a couple hours if no new information comes out.

As for my argument though, think of it this way, IF you were mafia, would you do what he did? It should be obvious that strategy wouldn't work so only someone who wasn't thinking would do it. Given that it's more likely statistically speaking he's a townie than a mobster, and he's clearly inexperienced, I just don't feel like it makes sense to jump to the conclusion he has to be mafia. Still even if I don't believe in rash lynchings (which this was a while ago, but by now probably isn't I guess), I still think he's at least somewhat suspicious, which is why I said I'd be voting for him barring new information.

Theres no way I would have done what he did, but if he can be an inexperienced townie, why can't he be an inexperienced mafia?

Sorroth wrote:And, to be perfectly frank, even if he isn't actually the mafia, and yes, I know this will make me sound horrible, one less townie that unwittingly draws attention away from the real mafia can only be a good thing.

Agreed 100%, Someone who uses their vote for pettiness, just because someone voted for them, isn't very much help at taking down the mafia, and we'd be better off without them.
Rawr!

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

Sorroth wrote:Question about the game: Between the vote reaching a quorum, and the Mod announcing sunset, should we all stay silent, or can we talk?

With the precedent of the last game, I belive we can talk. We cannot, of course, change votes.

SPsnow02 wrote:
Macbi wrote:Have the mafia already had a chance to dicuss tactics

I'm pretty sure they're only allowed to PM each other during the night

It make me suspicious that you know this, or mabye I'm just being stupid. Someone else answered as well, but I can't find the quote.
    Indigo is a lie.

Bf2flyby

Postby Bf2flyby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm UTC

Sorroth wrote:Question about the game: Between the vote reaching a quorum, and the Mod announcing sunset, should we all stay silent, or can we talk?

I think we can talk until the Mod announces sunset?

MartinW wrote:[quote= "Spsnow02"]Using horrible logic like that to try to defend someone who is probably mafia is looking suspicious to me, I'll have my eye on you tomorrow.

Agreed. He's also telling us about how guilty he's feeling about lynching a person who's obviously inexperienced.
Is he subtly trying to defend his mafia pal? Makes me suspicious. But Bulvox makes me more suspicious.[/quote]

Yup, An inexperienced person would just pull us down and pull suspicion off of the mafias, I agree that Bulvox is more suspicious today, but Sledgehmr is getting close.

Sledgehmr wrote:Seems a bunch happened while I was making my last post so sorry for the double. Sorroth makes a good point, I guess that's probably reason enough to vote for him.

And even after people make some points and he admits it, he still doesn't vote for his (Probable) mafia buddy.

Return to “Mafia”