The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Flying_Cookie

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Flying_Cookie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 am UTC

Vox Imperatoris wrote:Hospital Mafia:
Spoiler:
Am I wrong in thinking that this verges on bastard moddery?

Vox Imperatoris wrote:Wait, why is my role as revealed in the thread different from the role you gave to me?

Flying_Cookie wrote:Your night action actually killed people instead of investigating them.

I don't like it.

Hospital
Spoiler:
I should have said, "Your night action actually killed people in addition to investigating them" since you would have gotten back an investigation PM. The person would then have happened to have died over night.

But yes, this game is almost entirely full of bastard moddery.
Flying_CookieTM

Vox Imperatoris

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:24 am UTC

Flying_Cookie wrote:
Spoiler:

Vox Imperatoris wrote:Wait, why is my role as revealed in the thread different from the role you gave to me?

Flying_Cookie wrote:Your night action actually killed people instead of investigating them.

I don't like it.

Hospital
Spoiler:
I should have said, "Your night action actually killed people in addition to investigating them" since you would have gotten back an investigation PM. The person would then have happened to have died over night.

Hospital Mafia:
Spoiler:
Alright, but secret bastard games usually aren't kosher... I wouldn't have signed up for it if I had known this.

I don't care too much, though, so do what you want.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:54 am UTC

Vox Imperatoris wrote:
Flying_Cookie wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't like it.

Hospital
Spoiler:

Hospital Mafia:
Spoiler:
Alright, but secret bastard games usually aren't kosher... I wouldn't have signed up for it if I had known this.

I don't care too much, though, so do what you want.

Hospital Mafia
Spoiler:
Hmm... You bring up an interesting issue, how do you have a secret bastard game, without but not trick people who don't like bastard games into joining...
Maybe I'll put up a warning above sign ups for any games I do that they may or may not have bastard modding.
Flying_CookieTM

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:50 am UTC

Bastard Turbo:
Spoiler:
So, I have been told to be less specific with my inventions, as otherwise I'm cramping the creativity of the mods. These are the inventions, and the resultant functions from the last two nights:

Postmortem Extracorporeal Existence Stabiliser: You're not getting a "I get to continue playing after I'm dead device." However we aren't completely cold hearted bastards so we'll at least give you a pro-town item instead of one that punishes you. Dr Ug invents Postmortem Extracorporeal Existence Stabiliser: Randomly prevents one of the night kills that night.

Zergification Prevention Vehicle: You can once off use it to protect the cop union. It makes them feel safe, and because of that they can bend the rules and roleclaim for the rest of the game without any consequences. It also allows anyone else who wants to, to claim a cop union role, as it's now considered safe to do so. However, due to being built by the lowest bidder, it doesn't actually protect. If you choose to use it, it's effect will be publically announced.

I was also allowed to make two "practice" devices day 1:

Automatically targetting super dooper scumbinceneratoroony: Automatically targets a scum and bincenerates them. This results in a mod post during day 2 identifying a randoms scum as being bincenerated, but as a consequence for asking for something that finds a scum for you instead of having to target, it also makes that scum take 1 additional vote to lynch for the rest of the game.

Self Contained Underwater extraterrestrial Being Autoclave: You go into hiding underwater, carrying an adequate supply of food and air. You become invincible to all night actions for this night and the next one, but may not post tomorrow. You may not vote by posting, only by PMing a mod and having them put it in the votals.

I feel that the two practice inventions were implemented in a more satisfying way to the two actual inventions (especially the Zergification Prevention Vehicle which did nothing at all related to its name), although the SCUBA device seems to have been implemented as a Breathing Apparatus, rather than an Alien Autoclave.

My personal feeling is this is not how an inventor should work. The inventor should be able to choose the function of their inventions, and the mod decides how powerful to make it. Rather than the mods deciding everything about the invention. Otherwise, why get them to choose anything in the first place? Why not just grant them different power each night?[/rant]
Where did my old signature go? :(

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 am UTC

I need a co-mod for a wrestling-themed mafia game (yes, the flashy kind of wrestling with the storylines and all that stuff). Preferably someone who knows a bit about the subject. (the ability to mimic Jerry "King" Lawler is not a requirement, but it would be awesome)

Send a PM if you're interested.

Edit: Outside help has been promised. Of the awesome kind. Hopefully.
Last edited by AngrySquirrel on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 am UTC

Bastard:
Spoiler:
Is Dr Ug's spoiler above what I just pointed out in the thread?
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
ImageDragon Thingie! Image

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Bastard Turbo:
Spoiler:
My personal feeling is this is not how an inventor should work. The inventor should be able to choose the function of their inventions, and the mod decides how powerful to make it. Rather than the mods deciding everything about the invention. Otherwise, why get them to choose anything in the first place? Why not just grant them different power each night?[/rant]

Bastard Turbo (No Ug for you (Not for you Ug)):
Spoiler:
That is basically what happened. You said "I want a device that makes someone into a ghost after they die," and they said, "too powerful, you get a device that stops them from dying." Then you said "I want a device that protects people from being Zerg-culted." And they said, "Nope, too powerful. You get a device that makes people feel like they are safe from being recruited, and here is the interesting side-effect."

Having played as an inventor, I understand your frustration, but having been a mod with inventors in his game I know that the inventor role is more for the mod to have fun and twerk game balance than anything. There are two other roles that are similar but take ends of the player-control spectrum. The "Work in progress" who gets a new power from the mod every night, and the "Pathological Liar" Who gets to claim a power in thread every day. The inventor falls in the middle somewhere. Be thankful that you are at least told what your invention does before you choose a target. And there haven't been any unintended consequences from you invention.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 pm UTC

Discworld
Spoiler:
SCORE! We hit scum! Awesome. I was beginning to doubt my scumdar for a moment there. Go troll-powa! Now, let's see what happens when the day breaks or if I'll just keep going for those with voting patterns that bug me, aka Kolko. Hopefully my plan will have worked and I don't get screwed over the way I was in a certain other game >_<

But urgh, I had completely forgotten the possibility of cult in this game. Crap. I don't like cults, still haven't played with them enough to know what signs to look for when trying to figure them out.

There's also the part that I suspect my reports are being intercepted. At least one person has made the reference my predesessor asked for and that person is thankfully acting quite townish. But I don't know how much faith I should put in that. For all I know the reports I make aren't reaching anyone and it's all coincidence. I guess I'll see how it goes. *fingers crossed for plan working* *grumblegrumbleaboutpeopleclaimingandnotbeingcareful*

they/them/theirs

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Bastard Turbo:
Spoiler:

Bastard Turbo (No Ug for you (Not for you Ug)):
Spoiler:
Be thankful that you are at least told what your invention does before you choose a target. And there haven't been any unintended consequences from you invention.

Bastard Turbo (still no reading, Dr Ug!)
Spoiler:
That part is especially true in a bastard game. To the extent that it's somewhat mystifying that anyone would expect an invention in a bastard game to do anything even remotely like what its name suggests. I've seen bastard game inventions with completely innocuous names that cause instant death when used.
Last edited by Adacore on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

Diablo Newbie
Spoiler:
What the hell was that?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm UTC

Diablo:
Spoiler:
All I can say is WTF _infina_. What... The... Fuck...
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 pm UTC

Diablo
Spoiler:
I am the bomb.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 pm UTC

Diablo:

Spoiler:
I go away for an hour or so and someone else hammers it after all the planning and wanting of me to do it. I really hope Jayhsu is scum now or town is gonna be in serious trouble this game.

If Jayhsu isn't scum, then tomorrow a lynch of me or infina is likely. Since I know I am town, if it ends up being me, town will be at LYLO D3, with no real info to pick out scum.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am UTC

Diablo Newbie
Spoiler:
And PE comes in just in time to get _infina_ to steal the hammer. Nice.

Lataro wrote:Diablo:
Spoiler:
I go away for an hour or so and someone else hammers it after all the planning and wanting of me to do it. I really hope Jayhsu is scum now or town is gonna be in serious trouble this game.

If Jayhsu isn't scum, then tomorrow a lynch of me or infina is likely. Since I know I am town, if it ends up being me, town will be at LYLO D3, with no real info to pick out scum.

Diablo (Lataro may not read)
Spoiler:
Well, if _infina_ ends up getting lynched, there's a decent chance that scum will hop on the wagon late enough to hammer. That would be decent for town.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 am UTC

Diablo

Spoiler:
Welp, botched that. Glad I learned some things though. Really sorry, town.

I guess I see what infina is doing. I'm not sure the scum will fall for it unless the town votes for one of them to hammer (I think that was a decent idea on my part.

Also, totally agree with Silknor re spirit of the game. Good call on that.
-Jay

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 am UTC

Openly Bastard (Ug can read):
Spoiler:
Well you have 3 inventions. The first one had the clear intent of creating a beyond the grave role. I am majorly opposed to such roles, I think once players are dead they should stay dead. It also would require me to either announce that there was a beyond the dead role or break my promise about the player list being accurate. The first kills much of the point, and the second is out of the question.

The third one "Autonomous chainsaw wielding alien hunting android." gave you EXACTLY what you wanted, a 0 skill involved kill of a mafia/cultist. You couldn't have possibly gotten a more favorable invention. I easily could've given you a nightkill and forced you pick, thus risking you hurt a townie, but I went completely along with autonomous. So no whining.

As others have pointed out, the way lots of mods do inventors even in non bastard games could be as random as giving you item X and making you pick a target, and item X unbeknownst to you is either a cop, doctor, roleblock, or NK. I say 1/3 for getting exactly what you want, with all 3 inventions being clearly pro-town (in a bastard game no less) is a pretty amazing boon to you.

As for the test inventions being much more able to fit their theme, both of those inventions are substantially weaker than what you asked for once the game started, especially your night 1 and night 3. The first ID's to you and you only that X is scum, but makes them take one more vote to lynch for the rest of the game, so there's no real benefit to the town besides a cop. The second forces you to lurk in a Turbo game, which casts a lot of suspicion on you. It's balanced out by you being protected from NK, but when you emerge from your shell you'll be suspected of lurking, even though the mod is voting on your behalf so you can pass it off as an invention consequence.

There's a clear dichotomy between your test inventions, which not only have drawbacks in addition to their benefits, but also require skill, and the ones you asked for in game which are unambiguously no-skill involved help the town magic buttons.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 am UTC

Silknor wrote:Openly Bastard (Ug can read):
Spoiler:
Well you have 3 inventions. The first one had the clear intent of creating a beyond the grave role. I am majorly opposed to such roles, I think once players are dead they should stay dead. It also would require me to either announce that there was a beyond the dead role or break my promise about the player list being accurate. The first kills much of the point, and the second is out of the question.

The third one "Autonomous chainsaw wielding alien hunting android." gave you EXACTLY what you wanted, a 0 skill involved kill of a mafia/cultist. You couldn't have possibly gotten a more favorable invention. I easily could've given you a nightkill and forced you pick, thus risking you hurt a townie, but I went completely along with autonomous. So no whining.

As others have pointed out, the way lots of mods do inventors even in non bastard games could be as random as giving you item X and making you pick a target, and item X unbeknownst to you is either a cop, doctor, roleblock, or NK. I say 1/3 for getting exactly what you want, with all 3 inventions being clearly pro-town (in a bastard game no less) is a pretty amazing boon to you.

As for the test inventions being much more able to fit their theme, both of those inventions are substantially weaker than what you asked for once the game started, especially your night 1 and night 3. The first ID's to you and you only that X is scum, but makes them take one more vote to lynch for the rest of the game, so there's no real benefit to the town besides a cop. The second forces you to lurk in a Turbo game, which casts a lot of suspicion on you. It's balanced out by you being protected from NK, but when you emerge from your shell you'll be suspected of lurking, even though the mod is voting on your behalf so you can pass it off as an invention consequence.

There's a clear dichotomy between your test inventions, which not only have drawbacks in addition to their benefits, but also require skill, and the ones you asked for in game which are unambiguously no-skill involved help the town magic buttons.
Bastard Turbo:
Spoiler:
Dr Ug wrote:Automatically targetting super dooper scumbinceneratoroony: Automatically targets a scum and bincenerates them. This results in a mod post during day 2 identifying a randoms scum as being bincenerated, but as a consequence for asking for something that finds a scum for you instead of having to target, it also makes that scum take 1 additional vote to lynch for the rest of the game.
I read that as an in-thread notification of bincineration (ie a "mod post" rather than a PM to me). I was actually using this test to see if you would give me inventions that do just that, ie automatically ID / target certain roles, and it seemed that you had let me, thus my later actual inventions that did similarly.

But the power of the inventions is not really what I'm complaining about. My feeling is that this (i.e. determining the power of inventions) is what the mod should decide for inventors (ie how strong it is, now much skill is needed to use it). The type of function it does I feel should be the choice of the inventor. I am not complaining about the power of my inventions (especially my latest invention - which was invented after I posted my initial whine. In fact I'm quite surprised you gave me that one, it seems incredibly strong, although I guess it depends on how you implement "random" ;). I was actually thinking I would have to target it, or perhaps it would even be worse than that and randomly choose a target (and probably only kill if not town for the randomly targeting one). But I'm not complaining about an auto-scum-kill. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you already knew that I'd been recruited this night, and thus are screwing me over with the invention ;)).

It was more the second invention specifically that I was miffed about. It just doesn't seem to do anything like the name provided. The first one I think has been implemented well, now that I know you are against ghost roles. It does what is says it should do, in that it keeps someone alive who died.

Also, at least in part the purpose of this post was to see (mostly after I am out of this game, as most ppl have been posting "Ug can't read" replies, how others implement inventors. It was one of the roles I struggled the most with implementing when I was modding HP, as I had had 0 first hand experience of the role, and was purely going on old games that I had read. I gave the inventor quite a bit of leeway with regards to their inventions, and only altered the strength of the invention to make it similar in power to a normal "one-shot" power role, and to avoid any possible game-breaking interactions. I have seen in other games inventors given a list of inventions to choose from, which gives them very little creativity. I don't really think this is an inventor, but more a "jack-of-all-trades", in that they effectively have a whole pile of one-shot powers.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 am UTC

Openly Bastard (Ug can read):
Spoiler:
I've done inventions in at least three games besides this one, a crazy, creme de la crap, and matrix in addition to numerous IRC games. The only game from which you should not take advice on how to run an inventor is this one. You might not yet know where the bastardry is in this game, but it wouldn't be wise to assume there's no bastard modding in the inventions. It's not like the mods would randomly decide to ignore you and then create a function out of nowhere, there's always purpose in our actions.

As for your night 2, did you consider that Martin and I spent considerable time deciding how to balance a recruiting cult, something that many other games, one of my own included have struggled to do, and weren't going to allow any interference with our balancing?

Since it was handy, here's a list of the inventions in creme (a game consisting of the absolute worst roles ever invented). It's in the first spoiler in the linked post:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=41100&start=480#p1733325
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:08 am UTC

Openly Bastard (turbo):
Spoiler:
Hmmm... what makes me think random = "random"?

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:19 am UTC

Diablo
Spoiler:
I accidentally the spoiler. Let this be a lesson to me.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm UTC

Hospital:
Spoiler:
If lataro is thinking what I'm thinking, then he's right.... But until then...
Also I know the identity of one person, so I would assume mpolo does as well. I think to win we have to lynch Aardvarki but I'm reluctant to do this because if I'm wrong scum loses the game.
And you thought I was crazy...

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 pm UTC

Discworld:
Spoiler:
Goddammit people, move your butts and send in your actions already. I'm bored, impatient and hyper.

they/them/theirs

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:51 pm UTC

Discworld
Spoiler:
Being the sk, I thought it fitting to have an M.O. In this case I'm going to work my way down the players list killing each person in order who signed up after me. I wonder if people will catch on...

Sruixan

Postby Sruixan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:51 pm UTC

Discmafia:

Spoiler:
Thank goodness I can commune with my mason buddy at night, otherwise I would probably feel even more screwed than I do now. Having not been able to keep up with the game, I feel like I'm trying to force my scumdar to ping someone for me... I've written down my thoughts and am about to ship them off to him, in the hope that he'll do the same and I can come up with someone to take control of. I feel like I've made a mountain out of a molehill on Dr. Ug, been waaaaaaaaay too indecisive about Kolko and perhaps a bit too quick to dismiss everyone else I've written on... I wish I'd been able to post this in-thread now so that it would count as content, but these damned exams...
This is, er, no offense but you are a robot, aren't you?
That's just, um, beautiful, beautiful beautiful... just beautiful.
One hot summer's night Lorraine said: "It's time for you to see the lighthouse"
Dr. Ivanovich, was it really necessary?

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm UTC

Diablo
Spoiler:
Well, with Jayhsu dead, I'm pry dead too, so LYLO tomorrow.

I'm just gonna put some money down and say Infina, EH, and BN OR TLC as scum.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 pm UTC

Diablo

Spoiler:
Sorry Lataro.

Interesting side note: I find people are generally less good with their scumdar than they think (I am no exception). That might just be heuristics though.
-Jay

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 pm UTC

All the games I'm in
[spoiler]Why won't people post?!/spoiler]

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:All the games I'm in
Spoiler:
Why won't people post?!
Fail. It doesn't really matter I think...It's not crucial game info.

Openly Bastard:
Spoiler:
I can roleclaim in the Discussion thread, right? =P

So I'm one inventor. I think the other one is Dr Ug (toys). I don't know who's in the cop union, but surely tonight those confirmed townies die.

And...instead of inventing something to protect, I invented something to kill. Last night I could doctor myself but that was that. I don't think I was targeted anyway.

Now I can kill somebody, but I have no idea who to kill! It will most definitely be someone not in Ponderous' townies list...except maybe dedalus (though that would make town suspicious of me...mafia do want to kill the cult afaict). I might not even kill tonight, given the amount of kills going on...Argh.

EDIT: I decided to kill EH for lack of activity and general scumminess. So if you're reading this, EH, sorry for being a hypocrite (and if you're, god forbid, town...sorry for misreading you).
Last edited by Weeks on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 pm UTC

Hmm. I almost failed there too.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Vox Imperatoris

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:15 am UTC

Diablo II Mafia:
Spoiler:
I'm the regular mafia goon, and I have to say we're taking names and chewing bubblegum at this point. Of course, that could change drastically, but I've got a pretty good plan. First, I am almost certain that keeneal is the cop: I know that the cop investigated Lataro and obviously found he was town, and after eliminating the mafia, the dead people, and everyone who is more suspicious of Lataro than _infina_ or BigNose, the only one left is him. But I don't think we should kill him tonight. After posting my cop-claiming strategy, I'm going to set up Situation I in exactly the way I said it couldn't happen and accuse keeneal of being scum. His only choice will be to claim cop himself, and no one will believe him. :twisted:

Of course, that all hinges on whether I'm right about keeneal being the cop. Even if I am, though, my strategy post gives me a way out, as I can say the scum anticipated me.
Last edited by Vox Imperatoris on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 am UTC

Openly Bastard:
Spoiler:
I'm hosed. The oracle clue on me was easy. Weeks says I'm playing recklessly. (He should know that I usually play recklessly... *points to signature*) Weeks's comment about me possibly being taken by the cult is likely to lead to my lynch, and even if it doesn't, I may yet get recruited into it (unless that power died with the zerg absorber, in which case, huzzah.). In any case, I might just wind up killed by one of the mafias just to cause a ruckus. I need a doctor. I need the roleblocker hitting the right person. Else, good night NARacle.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 am UTC

Weeks wrote:Fail. It doesn't really matter
That was the point. It was a deliberate failure. Bwa hahahahahaaa

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 am UTC

Diablo (Vox can read)

Spoiler:
Vox Imperatoris wrote:Diablo II Mafia:
I'm the regular mafia goon, and I have to say we're taking names and chewing bubblegum at this point. Of course, that could change drastically, but I've got a pretty good plan. First, I am almost certain that keeneal is the cop: I know that the cop investigated Lataro and obviously found he was town, and after eliminating the mafia, the dead people, and everyone who is more suspicious of Lataro than _infina_ or BigNose, the only one left is him. But I don't think we should kill him tonight. After posting my cop-claiming strategy, I'm going to set up Situation I in exactly the way I said it couldn't happen and accuse keeneal of being cop. His only choice will be to claim cop himself, and no one will believe him. :twisted:

Of course, that all hinges on whether I'm right about keeneal being the cop. Even if I am, though, my strategy post gives me a way out, as I can say the scum anticipated me.

You mean accuse him of being scum, right. That probably would not work well for you if you accused him of being cop.
-Jay

Vox Imperatoris

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 am UTC

jayhsu wrote:Diablo (Vox can read)

Spoiler:
Vox Imperatoris wrote:Diablo II Mafia:
I'm the regular mafia goon, and I have to say we're taking names and chewing bubblegum at this point. Of course, that could change drastically, but I've got a pretty good plan. First, I am almost certain that keeneal is the cop: I know that the cop investigated Lataro and obviously found he was town, and after eliminating the mafia, the dead people, and everyone who is more suspicious of Lataro than _infina_ or BigNose, the only one left is him. But I don't think we should kill him tonight. After posting my cop-claiming strategy, I'm going to set up Situation I in exactly the way I said it couldn't happen and accuse keeneal of being cop. His only choice will be to claim cop himself, and no one will believe him. :twisted:

You mean accuse him of being scum, right. That probably would not work well for you if you accused him of being cop.

Diablo II Mafia:
Spoiler:
Haha, yes, I don't think it would go well at all. Fixed.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:30 am UTC

Diablo II:
Spoiler:
Well, I know Lataro isn't scum, but I don't see any way to save him unless I give myself up. I'm 60-70% sure BN is the godfather. He posted 4/7 times talking about the damn gf in his first posts. I'm not big on saying role discussion means you are that role, but that is too many comments to ignore. If I look at it this way Vox's plan is really bad for the town, and if it makes him look like mafia big time, maybe I'll investigate him. I don't want to suspect blumchen, but I have no choice. My other option is Keeneal who seemed a bit hesistant about the Lataro lynch, possibly wanting to look good when he comes up town. Everyone else I just don't have enough to go on... I lean towards infina being town. I'm going all out with a crazy ridiculous plan tomorrow, and it all hinges on tonights investigation and not getting NKed. With any luck they see me as easily manipulated and keep me around to push for the final mislynch 2morrow, but I'll show them. Remember town you still have Tyreal. YOU ALL STILL HAVE TYREAL!
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Vox Imperatoris

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:06 am UTC

Diablo II Mafia:
Spoiler:
Dang, _infina_ just got really clever all of a sudden. He guessed the whole mafia in one post!

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:22 am UTC

Diablo newbie
Spoiler:
I hope I got scum with at least one of those who I asked to be copped. After rereading BN's reply to my first content post, and looking up what happened in my previous game, I decided it would be good to pick one person from the top and middle of my continuum list randomly. More luck picking out real scum that way. I think I realized what he was actually doing.

I hate this computer screen. Turned itself off in the middle of typing.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am UTC

Parania:
Spoiler:
I don't think the Computer's "be traitors" was a smart move. After all, the main effect so far seems to be people following
The Computer wrote:Rule 6. Do not lurk. The Computer does not like lurkers. Lurking is treasonous.
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
ImageDragon Thingie! Image

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:16 am UTC

Parania:
Spoiler:
I'm spending most of my time in this game so far using a thesaurus to think up different ways to praise the computer's glory. It's not unenjoyable, but I'm getting that feeling I always get with Paranoia games where I'm not really sure there's any point to any of it (not the praising of our most high lord, the Friend Computer, that's all good - the actual gameplay itself).

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:Diablo II:
Spoiler:
Well, I know Lataro isn't scum, but I don't see any way to save him unless I give myself up. I'm 60-70% sure BN is the godfather. He posted 4/7 times talking about the damn gf in his first posts. I'm not big on saying role discussion means you are that role, but that is too many comments to ignore. If I look at it this way Vox's plan is really bad for the town, and if it makes him look like mafia big time, maybe I'll investigate him. I don't want to suspect blumchen, but I have no choice. My other option is Keeneal who seemed a bit hesistant about the Lataro lynch, possibly wanting to look good when he comes up town. Everyone else I just don't have enough to go on... I lean towards infina being town. I'm going all out with a crazy ridiculous plan tomorrow, and it all hinges on tonights investigation and not getting NKed. With any luck they see me as easily manipulated and keep me around to push for the final mislynch 2morrow, but I'll show them. Remember town you still have Tyreal. YOU ALL STILL HAVE TYREAL!

Diablo II
Spoiler:
Between this and Vox's spoiler's, I am laughing my ass off. Mostly cause I do this a LOT lately (though I am at least semi-accurate...usually.....sort of)
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”