The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 pm UTC

Paris
Spoiler:
lynx wrote:You are a Mime. You are on a team with webby, who is also a Mime.
Each game night you may communicate with each other via PM. In addition, each game night you may PM me the name of one player to roleblock, and the Mime who will perform the roleblock. All night actions by the blocked player will not occur. You will not be informed of whether or not a block successfully alters the events of a night.
You win when all Mimes have been lynched.

Oh me yarm I am going to have so much fun. Until I get lynched D1 that is. Mwahaha
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:15 pm UTC

F 11

Spoiler:
Right this is the last day. The big question is can eculc find someway of getting out of the lynch. Adam is clearly going to be pushing a Eculc lynch, I reckno Eculc will claim a scum cop result on adam and it will all come down to who ahammel believes. Congrats to lynx who managed to play a pretty good game and picked the NK target 50% of the time which is impressive. I also found it amusing that scum came so close to killing him on N1 and didn't.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:28 pm UTC

wam wrote:F 11

Spoiler:
Right this is the last day. The big question is can eculc find someway of getting out of the lynch. Adam is clearly going to be pushing a Eculc lynch, I reckno Eculc will claim a scum cop result on adam and it will all come down to who ahammel believes. Congrats to lynx who managed to play a pretty good game and picked the NK target 50% of the time which is impressive. I also found it amusing that scum came so close to killing him on N1 and didn't.

F11
Spoiler:
I think if eculc claims a scum result, it will be all over for him. There's no reason for him to be roleblocked one night and then not roleblocked the night after he confesses.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:
wam wrote:F 11

Spoiler:

F11
Spoiler:
I think if eculc claims a scum result, it will be all over for him. There's no reason for him to be roleblocked one night and then not roleblocked the night after he confesses.

F11

Spoiler:
I had forgotten that he was "roleblocked" because I know there isn't one. So unless he can convince everyone he was roleblocked or that scum roleblocked lynx instead (highly unlikely) he will be lynched. Also the end game wouldhave been more interesting for me if I had let power roles self target... although then you could end up in a 1v1 stalemate.

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:47 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
Damn, thought Alek would be scum! Haven't read the spoilers but I'm sure eculc is scum. I'll read tomorrow morning and know for sure. I wanted to survive until the end for once! :(

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
yeah, the game is over. well, I did better than past games (HHGTTG comes to mind)
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm UTC

Party: I might need an extra replacement if the game goes on past the 29th. Please PM me if you're willing.

K2TK
Spoiler:
We could win this. Basically out of our hands now and completely dependant on the survivors. Because that workes *so well* for the mafia in the evil auction...
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm UTC

party

Spoiler:
Ugh, so who knew playing vanilla town was so hard, lol. I am really not sure of anything right now. I'm not sure I believe webby's cop-like result, but it's the best we have absent of any counter-claims. I'd say 55% sure on Matt96 being scum, and if he's town, then I do think it is a webby/snark scum team.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
So I just falseclaimed. And the way I see it, even if I picked what KrO2 has (since lynx must be Luna), it will give everybody absolutely no information as to who else is scum, so I'm ok with it.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
If I guess wrong, the game is over. Right now I'm leaning toward killing UniqueScreenname, who is probably scum. But Matt has barely posted and lynx hasn't done much either, so I'm not confident. If I end up being right, then the possibilities are:

-Scum kill me. Luna, the remaining townie, queens herself and wins. This is the best case, so I'll try to be as townie as possible to attract the kill on the off chance the scum haven't thought this through.

-Scum kill the non-me townie. I become queenmaker. I can't queen myself because that would be twice in a row. I make Adam the queen and ask him nicely to win with town instead of scum. I think this is the most likely scenario if we survive D2.

-Scum kill nobody or scum kill Adam H. The current queenmaker queens herself, I'm known to be town because I didn't just do an evil laugh and declare victory at the start of D2, we win. This isn't going to happen; it's just here so the list is complete.

Of course, none of this applies if Adam lied. If he's actually scum, he is a lucky idiot and definite MVP.
Paris
Spoiler:
Just checking in for you spoiler readers. I'm a vanilla townie.
Misnomer
Spoiler:
Someone else just suggested that we lynch eculc first. That would be...acceptable to me. Yes, Adam would probably get vigged, but eculc might get out of being lynched tomorrow entirely when we find out that Adam lied. I get to decide whether to try to get US's suggestion adopted or save it for accusing her of being his scummate later. The second option would be tricky because she had a good claim.
K2K
Spoiler:
I'm a vig today.
Party
Spoiler:
Snark being town throws my scumdar off. Matt is back to being my best guess and if he's scum I'll be looking at lynx next.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 am UTC

F11 post-spoiler
Spoiler:
VICTORY!!!
Good game, guys. When wam checks in to put you out of the misery of waiting (if that's what you're doing) I'll post a bit more analysis in thread. But well done town! And very solid effort from scum, you kept me doubting myself all game.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
KrO2 I hope you're town because if you're scum and appear to be leaning towards a US execution, you've probably won.
Have I played the worst queenmaker game ever and picked two scum as the first two? Only time will tell but I trusted KrO2 yesterday!

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 am UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
I feel like an idiot for not seeing this sooner. Very recently I felt smart for having a capitalized Thought that Luna knows all the alignments. (Assuming Adam is telling the truth, if I were scum the game would be over and she knows her alignment, so the other two are by process of elimination.)

Then I only just now caught the fact that UniqueScreenname's claim is impossible. Again assuming Adam isn't lying, there are two scum, me, and Luna. No room for another vanilla townie. So I'll be executing her for sure. Anyway, that's why I asked for more claims. If the other scum has thought of this, they'll say they're not a Sailor. I thought it was worth asking because asking it doesn't cost me anything and I can explain later. The thing is, if you're scum and haven't thought of this then claiming a Sailor is the obvious thing. I hadn't thought of it until just now, so maybe they still haven't. I might as well give them a chance to mess up.

EDIT: Oh, and also I'm the real Sailor Jupiter. Forgot about that. Now I feel *really* stupid for not catching the lie earlier. I'm glad I haven't called her on it in the thread, though, because then I would lose my excuse for asking for role names. Or maybe I should and just pretend to be just curious, since then they'd know there's a 0% chance of being counterclaimed if they say they're one of the Sailors....

You know what, forget it. The only other townie already knows who the scum are and there can't possibly be a case where I have to choose between the two of them. I'll dispense with the secrets and tell them all everything.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 am UTC

MN's game
Spoiler:
so, there's a word filter in place now? when did that happen?

ramblings aside, the fact that adam is saying I'm the arsonist has me worried. although what I said about mislynching is true, that doesn't mean I actually want to be lynched. I'd like to stay in the game, thank you very much.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 am UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
As much as this has the potential to be a spectacular scum gambit, I think I'll go with KrO2 on this one. If he is town and we follow him, I may be in place to win or lose for town. I hope my faulty scumdar doesn't ruin it!

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am UTC

MN's game (eculc may read)
Spoiler:
eculc wrote:so, there's a word filter in place now? when did that happen?

It's been around since way before the beginning of twenty dollars and my self respect you're playing right now.

8)

(Not a real use of the world filter, but I thought it would be funny)
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm UTC

I'll be on really sporadically this weekend. Bear with me.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm UTC

Misnomer
Spoiler:
I am so unbelievably good at this game. :lol: If eculc is lynched today by townies, this will be my finest hour yet. Teeheeheehee!

Also, it seems possible that eculc actually is arson? That would be quite funny. I only said it because I was already voting for him so it seemed like plausible.
-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm UTC

Misnomers

Spoiler:
I have a feeling that adams post above is complaining about me bussing him. Also I hve been going back through the thread trying to work out who was suspicous of mpolo, the only people i found were snark (convieniantly dead) and adam (my scummate). I also reckon we have one of the following situation, vig and a cult or a SK. As my role PM means there has to be at least 1 other antitown faction (otherwise i have a NK that is unblockable on everyone). Im leaning towards vig and a cult. Ps I hate cults. I am also slightly supicous about KrO2 as he said he was a plain mafia goon, whilst adam and I had powers. But I think its just my avengers experience comming back to haunt me.

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:39 pm UTC

Misnomer's Game AND Keys to the Kingdom:
Spoiler:
So I was right about wam in Misnomer's Game, but I still feel reluctant to attack him in K2K. Wondering if I should switch it up and go after TMG.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:55 pm UTC

K 2 K

Spoiler:
Why Oh why do I always end up arguing with snark. I also really don't want to role claim as im Doctor Scamandros so I would almost certainly be NKd immediatly which would be a pain in the ass and bad for town.

K 2 K and misnomers

Spoiler:
That snark spoiler above I bet it says, "wam was scum in misnomers game and is acting the same in K2K therefore must be scum". Although if I pull this off it might help overall. Also I find snark always thinks im Scum!!

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm UTC

Edit: actually what I had here should probably wait until all my current games are over.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
Holy shit I just realized that town is about to win this, thanks to me being an idiot friggin awesome!

I was SURE my "plan" would backfire horribly!
-Adam

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm UTC

MN's game
Spoiler:
damnit adam, scum isn't supposed to make 1-for-1 trades. WTF are you doing? you're not supposed to out yourself to get *1* townie lynched, so why did you? you could've just as easily escaped it by claiming you were a town-aligned rolecop. yeah, definitely a joker.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 am UTC

Misnomer's Game
Spoiler:
I think I've reached a decision. I do want to lynch Adam before eculc. Here's why. The one of those two who does not get lynched will probably be killed by a vigilante. Either one would draw (read: waste) pretty much all the offensive town actions. So the only real difference is that eculc dying N2 instead of D2 would waste the cop investigation as well. But wait, you say, what if there is no vigilante? Actually you probably didn't say that because you know whether there is, but you also know that I don't know that. Well, if there isn't one then eculc is alive and proven town. But if there isn't a vig then that means mpolo was killed by another scum faction. So in that case, I would just have to say that apparently scum have a redirect. Oops. I guess we shouldn't have announced the target ahead of time. So ahammel being told eculc is town was actually just him being told that [NK target] is town, and the vig was redirected to that hapless townie. The other scum faction would love to go along with that. Then I might be able to get eculc lynched despite the innocent cop result. I think that scenario is unlikely because I think there actually is a vig.
If a different scum faction actually does have a redirect and my lie actually happens for real, I will laugh uproariously.

If eculc actually is the arsonist, I want him to have a chance to ignite whoever he primed D1. Just in case he can only ignite at night. More relevantly, since DaBigCheez is my prime candidate for arsonist, I'm hoping he'll ignite N2 hoping to pin it on eculc. Of course eculc has a good chance of being blocked and DBC might think of that, but maybe eculc is the arsonist and will get to ignite, or maybe someone else is and won't think of eculc being blocked.

So I am in the weird position of honestly, legitimately trying to get my scummate lynched in preference to someone that I think is town. This only fails if wam or I get night killed. Or if eculc has a convincing claim. Or if a town jailkeeper uses his power on eculc. Or probably other cases that I haven't thought of.

Also, I want votes on both candidates. I think Adam's vote on himself might mean he's hoping to force a no-lynch by tie. I will be surprised but happy if he can pull that off.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 am UTC

Paris
Spoiler:
I just cannot decide whether I want to claim or not. I will be so sad if I'm NK'd.

New User

Postby New User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 am UTC

Paris Mafia
Spoiler:
I'm playing too strongly for the town. I'll bring a night kill on myself. I just don't know how to play any other way but strongly for the win. The doctor saved me in F11, but there is no doctor in this game, so I fear I'm doomed.

lynx

Postby lynx » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 am UTC

New User wrote:Paris Mafia
Spoiler:
I'm playing too strongly for the town. I'll bring a night kill on myself. I just don't know how to play any other way but strongly for the win. The doctor saved me in F11, but there is no doctor in this game, so I fear I'm doomed.

Paris (NU can read)
Spoiler:
I'll save you! Well I won't modkill you out of hand, anyway :P

PeteP
What the peck?

Postby PeteP » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 pm UTC

Paris
Spoiler:
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=86469&p=3038354#p3038346 Hah I expected that, yes compared to the mimes staying hidden, giving them a win might work, but once you know one mime the situation changes, and you don't have to keep agreements in mafia.
Let's hope for him that both USN and her partner aren't like me. If I were USN, that would be enough for me to concentrate my efforts in other games on damaging Snark as long it doesn't make winning impossible. And if I were the other mime, I would side with mafia out of spite. Luckily not everyone is as vindictive as I can be in games.^^

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

Paris:
Spoiler:
I play to win. I don't play to offend others. Is my behavior inappropriate? I'd appreciate responses and opinions. Also: VT for those who are watching.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Woopate » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Keys to the Kingdom
Spoiler:
I have no idea why we aren't revealing that we halfwin when we survive and fullwin when town does.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:34 pm UTC

fallout II

Spoiler:
well, just me and mat now. obviously there's another killer out there, and possibly two; I was attacked by a throwing spear last night, and left at 1 health.

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm UTC

Fallout & Paris
Spoiler:
I give up. I come across as scummy in every game. I mean, in these two games, I am scum, but hey. It would be nice not to be called out as scum the first turn. mpolo, if I die, I apologize in advance.
Allons-y!

wam

Postby wam » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:49 pm UTC

Keys To the Kingdom

Spoiler:
Right so theres my attempt at false claiming out the way. Lets see if snark/everyone else buys it. If not I will have to out my self as Doctor Scamandros and thereby out the town doctor but at least then I will get NK and can then read spoilers and work out what on earth is going on in this game. I also think snark is scum looking for town power roles for good targets.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
Holy crap. MVP Adam

lynx

Postby lynx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 am UTC

Fallout
Spoiler:
I'm pleased Adam asked about vigs claiming. Unless he's been really clever and duped me, that seems like he's softclaiming vig.
Basically I watched him last night and it turns out he's wearing leather armour and used a throwing spear last night. I'm considering watching him again tonight to make sure, but the throwing spear does 3 damage minus armour (which TMG is not likely to have been wearing). I was considering claiming but won't risk his life in case he is a useful asset to town, also scum would stand to gain a lot of materials by killing him.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am UTC

K2K:
Spoiler:
I am Leaf you are Branch together we defeat the bad guys.
In other news: Hurr, I feel less motivated to play mafia again, now that I realize I'm not helpful to town from the start, like how I usually do. I do believe Snark's scum. I should vote for him.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:26 am UTC

I wanna be the first one to post on page 500!

K2K:
Spoiler:
...Claiming Arthur is bad. Really bad. Really really bad. I wonder if they'll see through my façade...

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 am UTC

I'm having an idea for a game... But since its my first game I wanted it to be simple and lazily watch over my subjects... It could be story-based... But I'm having this list of roles spinning around my head... I have a lot of ellipses... If anyone wants to check if my role list is balanced or co-mod, or whatever, or go against this idea, PM me...

More ellipses...

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am UTC

K2K

Spoiler:
Argh I knew this roleclaim would end badly I even said as much multiple times. Im quite happy to lynch snark even if hes town, which is a bd atittude to have! But now we have started we might as well do everyone and hopefully will turn up some scum that way.

Return to “Mafia”