The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

just_me

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby just_me » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:51 am UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
What the hell eculc, post something for gods sake, posting in Goejoes but not in-thread is horrible /o\
I am a bit confused whats going on. This second kill is weird. I actually believe Kalira but then Vytron must be the SK, which doesn't make much sense. So I am kinda forced to believe kalira is the SK, but her claims look too weird to be false ^^
I am srsly surprised I haven't been lynched like a couple of days ago.
Also its really tiresome to try to convince those people not to lynch me. Hell I've been dodging the rope for quite some time. I actually thought this game pretty much lost on N1 when there were so many dead scum but this looks pretty okay now. I just hope eculc doesn't get spotted. One of the issues with another kill is that he might be targeted as a towny. vytron is kinda suspicious of him, or was at least last night. DJ is making a good target of himself right now.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
So there's my gambit. I actually don't know what's going on, just_me and kalira seem both town to me, but I doubt DJ happens to be the remaining mafia.

Just hoping my carelessness about being lynched convinces other people that I'm not scum.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:35 am UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
I'm not sure what you two are saying up there... but I'm watching you.

Frankly I can't tell if you're allies or just independent of each other. And one of you is likely scum.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:38 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
WTF is going on?

Icecream
Spoiler:
Should I tell them that game 1 has no bearing on G2 except from a flavour point of view?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
I think I'm in my way to lose twenty dollars and my self respect:

If just_me is mafia, on the night kalira locks me. On the day, she announces having locked me, there's no night deaths, so people know I'm the last scum, they lynch me, they win.

If kalira is mafia, on the night they roleblock me and kill me, then, I guess, it's obvious and people lynch kalira, but I'm already dead.

If none of them is mafia:
My special congratulations to the remaining mafia in the DJ, eculc, Diemo group, because, whoa! Totally thought you were town!

But it would be totally lame if it happens to be eculc the last ghost, someone gets an human result on them and can win by just remaining mostly quiet the remaining time? Ugh.

I'm not going to kill tonight, it seems my only chance is kalira roleblocks someone that isn't me, so we all think that person is the SK since there were no deaths.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:11 am UTC

Scooby Mafia:

Spoiler:
Well, Vytron and Just_me have entered a death spiral that Just_me seems virtually destined to lose.

Hopefully we're doing the right thing. If I'm right, he's scum.
If I'm partially right, he's an indie.

But I'm wondering what Vytron will do without him around...? And deciding between he and Kalira tomorrow will be hard.

Suspecting eculc Is virtually useless. Even if he was scummy it's virtually impossible to bring him into anything now.

I just need to keep myself alive tonight... hopefully catch someone in the act if they decide to run.

And hopefully Diemo will survive. I fear he will be the biggest target, as he is our innocent angel here. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll go for eculc.

We'll have to see.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:43 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Scooby
Spoiler:
But it would be totally lame if it happens to be eculc the last ghost, someone gets an human result on them and can win by just remaining mostly quiet the remaining time? Ugh.

Scooby (Vytron can not read)
Spoiler:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Just wait 'till you die or the game is over, you're gonna be so pissed.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 pm UTC

Scooby (along the same lines, living players may not read!)

freezeblade wrote:
Vytron wrote:Scooby
Spoiler:

Scooby (Vytron can not read)
Spoiler:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Just wait 'till you die or the game is over, you're gonna be so pissed.

Spoiler:
That's because eculc isn't a ghost; he's a vampire.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

kalira

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
God I hope all my math adds up on that post. I *am* town, in case I haven't said that in a spoiler before. I have not lied about anything, other than not stating outright that my vig kill was ongoing when I revealed that I accidentally killed Madge (though to be fair, I didn't think it was going to be ongoing when I got my initial role PM). I want to suspect Vytron, but I don't know how likely two non-town redirectors would be (assuming he's telling the truth about his role). But it actually works out regardless of my suspicion of him, if I can block the redirector so we know whatever happens is happening to all the right people.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:32 am UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
Alright, I think I have a plan. Tonight, I'm going to kill Dj. Tomorrow, I'm going to claim a one-shot alignment cop that I used on kalira, saying that she's Anti-town (not specifically independent, or mafia). If there's three players left tomorrow, it'll turn into a kingmaker scenario as whoever's left will know that kalira and I are not town. If there are four players left, then that claim might be enough to convince whoever is left to lynch kalira instead of me. If that's what ends up happening, I can just kill whoever is left behind and win the next day.

I have a feeling that things won't go that well.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
Roleblock > Redirector may turn out critical to deciding the game. I just somehow wish just_me was town and kalira is the last mafiosi and manages to win. This is because at least I can say if I was town I'd have lost anyway, but I suspect town is going to win.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:39 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
Well, rats! I just was invited to chatting my Diemo, but was informed that roleclaiming there is fine, but I wasn't given a safe-claim for that situation! So, if I told him a name he know was false, he'd know I was lying. I just had to tell him the truth, that I have a name from someone that was evil and with the powers of sucking energy from the show >_<

So, even if everything goes alright, and I'm not killed and I convince people to kill kalira, I think I'm pretty much doomed since Diemo would believe it doesn't make sense-flavorwise for my character to be town...

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:44 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
There are so many ways things can go wrong tonight I'm not even going to think about it. I just hope everything goes as planned and I'm still around tomorrow.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
recap for those at home :)
eculc kills diemo
vytron redirects all of eculc's actions to kalira, but kalira roleblocks vytron so eculc's kill goes through.
DJ uses his one-time "run away at night" action, but no one targets him. however, as he rolled a 4 (out of 4) on random.org, he knows that no one targeted him too.

So we're at 2/1/1. Anything can happen still!

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
So post-spoiler read, I hope that my insistance that kalira was probably SK is not taken too seriously as she is the last remaining townie. eculc is getting away with just being very quiet here, though if Vytron kills eculc then it could all be to play for. What happens if we lynch kalira, and then eculc and Vytron kill each other, best case scenario?

Luckily DJ seems to be more suspicious than me anyhow, and is very suspicious of Vytron (rightly)
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:40 am UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
HOLY MOTHER OF MY SUCKING DOG! From where did that kill come from? This is looking excellent if kalira is telling the truth, I expected to be last scum standing with the mafia but this changes everything, I think I could win this!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:43 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
Well, here goes nothing. If this flops scum team is SOL, but I'll try to sell it as best I can.

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
So it has occured to me that since j_m was scum roleblocker, my theory about perhaps having been redirected/roleblocked off my roleblock of Dj a few nights ago might still be valid, if he is part of the ghost mafia. I'm not mentioning this in game because I'm trying to get eculc killed. I am 100% sure he is scum. If Dj is scum, Vytron and I are the only town members left. If that is the case, the only way we can still win is to lynch eculc today. Then if game isn't over, I kill Dj in the night.

I'm worried if Dj is scum and I mention this in game, he will manipulate things to make it so I die or so that there is no lynch.

I wish I had thought of this before saying I would go along with a no lynch. If we no lynch and Dj is scum, we lose. If I kill and roleblock eculc, Dj kills either me or Vytron, and the day starts off at 1-1. If I kill eculc and roleblock Dj, eculc kills either me or Vytron and the result is the same.

Man I wish eculc had killed Dj instead of Diemo last night instead. This would be so much simpler. I was sure Diemo was town even before he flipped, but now I'm starting to question my convictions on whether Dj is.

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
Well I just checked with dim, which I probably should have done earlier. I can only use one of my powers per night. That makes sense, but damn. Everything I've said still stands though. Best to get eculc lynched today, hope that Dj is not scum... If we NL, I gotta kill eculc, which would give scum!Dj the win. Now, question is, should I tell the rest of the group? :?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:13 pm UTC

Bayesian
Spoiler:
I have no clue how that setup is supposed to work and I'm glad I'm not playing :D

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm UTC

Edit: blurgh, if anyone say that failed spoiler for Bayesian, let me know. Hopefully I erased it quickly enough...

Carefully now...

Bayesian Mafia:
Spoiler:
dimochka wrote:I have no clue how that setup is supposed to work and I'm glad I'm not playing :D

If you saw the Role PMs you would be even more glad, I bet. This is going to be a very silly game. For example:

Town Doctor

Every night, you can target one player. In general, your action will protect your target from death on that night, but there is also a chance that your action will be ineffective or even result in death. Every night is different and predetermined:
N1: there is a 7% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is a 16% of killing and a 84% chance of simply doing nothing.
N2: there is a 16% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is a 74% of killing and a 26% chance of simply doing nothing.
N3: there is a 91% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is a 27% of killing and a 73% chance of simply doing nothing.
N4: there is a 52% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is a 70% of killing and a 30% chance of simply doing nothing.
N5: there is an 8% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is an 85% of killing and a 15% chance of simply doing nothing.
N6: there is an 97% of being an effective doctor. If the action is ineffective, there is an 81% of killing and a 19% chance of simply doing nothing

The doctor is actually an effective doctor on N2, btw...
-Adam

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

Bayesian

Spoiler:
I find it amusing that, percentages aside, I have the same role as in the previous Adam run game I was in (Battlestar). Hopefully it will have a different outcome for me. Speaking of percentages, my best night is N1, >80% on both actions, and my worst night is N4 with 50% on roleblocking and 2%(!?) to protect.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Bayesian Mafia:
Spoiler:
SO MUCH MATH

Bayesian
Spoiler:
yeah. that looks like a big old bucket of nope.
Actually, a truckload.
A tanker truck, barreling down the nope turnpike on the way from the nope-fields to delever a steaming hot, fresh nope shipment to the nope-tower in nopesville, driven by pope nope himself!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:02 am UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
come on vytron, just believe me. It's easier this way.

I have a feeling it's not going to work out for scum team. Vytron's not buying it, kalira obviously won't vote for herself (though if she'll vote for me or not I'm unsure, this is less likely if my wild guess is right and she is indeed a SK) and I don't know which way Dj is going to vote.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 am UTC

scooby

Spoiler:
if I didn't believe eculc because he conveniently had a town/anti-town result instead of the established human/non-human result, then Vytron's pointing out that eculc should have used their power earlier would be the nail in the coffin (and hopefully it would be something I would have thought to think of, too - after all, the reason I started with using my cop power was because I figure a (presumably) sane cop is the most powerful ability, and I was going to spam the heck out of that until I got a result I could claim.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

just_me

Postby just_me » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
scooby is lost.. eculc didn't think it through thoroughly.. He had to kill Vytron or make sure vytron will be lynched today, because now with kalira gone vytron is pretty sure that if there is another scum out there it should be eculc over DJ. So he will redirect eculcs kill to eculc himself, mafia dies and we lose.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:08 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
sorry scumteam. I tried. =/

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:15 pm UTC

scooby@just_me
Spoiler:
Rule #6: Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
This holds true for redirects too, so if Vytron were to do that, it would simply negate the kill and nothing would happen.

kalira

Postby kalira » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
Oh dammit... Day end didn't end the game. Um... I can't remember if when final town threat is lynched on a day, the mod posts game over then, or waits until the next day.

So, as far as I know, Vytron is town. I'm town. Dj is town with a question mark. I suppose I could kill Dj -- if he is scum, Vytron and I win for town. If he is town, Dj and I both die, Vytron takes the win for town. Unless Vytron is scum.

FML. Now I have to re-read.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:40 pm UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
So this is it! The final showdown!

Still expecting that innocent!kalira blocks me again, or that scum!kalira kills me, but if my kill goes through, and DJ wasn't who killed Diemo, i'd winnah!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm UTC

scooby
Spoiler:
now it's all down to if there actually is an SK. Sorry scumteam, I tried my best.

EDIT: FUCK, I guessed wrong. vytron was the SK.

Damnit.

EDIT 2: ...and, kalira is also a SK? wut? I don't even know anymore.

it turns out that killing vytron would have been a good idea earlier. Too bad I was more preoccupied with the mostly-confirmed town. Props to roband for getting a solid read on vytron D1, if that was actually a read.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:03 am UTC

Icecream

Spoiler:
Djehutynakht wrote:Oh, and Adam claimed raspberry, which is normal enough, though I suppose could also venture a little into the weird side if one felt like it.

Since I did the research, here's a list of 1000+ Ice Cream names if anyone's interested:

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~nb7939/newcadic/flavors.html

Hey, I used that website when I was looking up flavours, because after strawberry (Mayor), raspberry and chocolate I was out of flavours.

In other news, the list of flavours that I gave were
Lawrencelot - Mint - Restriction: Mention chewing gum/how much better linux is every post
dimochka - Cheese - Make a cheesy quote in each post
Adam H - Vanilla (Raspberry) - Diss an idea by making a raspberry on every page
eculc - Banana - Make a math error (ala Banana Man) on every page
wam - shrimp - mention a sea creature in each post
freezeblade - Chocolate - Mention a breakup on each page
DJ - Vanilla (Bacon) - Mention how much you like baking/hate any cooking other than baking twice per page
--Douglas Adams

kalira

Postby kalira » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 pm UTC

Scooby:

Spoiler:
Well, I can't tell who is the other scum. I'm pretty certain we would have been told if game was over, so at this point, all bets are off. Had to look back at both of them.

I've been worried about that possibility of Dj being part of mafia based on mafia roleblocker still being alive when I blocked Dj. But for some reason it just doesn't feel right. He's Shaggy, he had a mason chat with Scooby. Scooby was a miller himself. Somehow it just doesn't make sense for a miller and a mason traitor to be grouped together. Maybe that's just me.

On the other hand, something Vytron said yesterday pinged me. His soft-claim had something to do with wanting to be set free. This whole show was about ghosts trying to be set free. Did a little looking at the wiki and found this:

Three bumbling witches named Ernestine, Wanda, and Hilda Brewski (similar to female versions of The Three Stooges) are tasked by the powerful witch Marcella to perform a spell which will free her from the dimension in which she is trapped.

Seems oddly like what Vytron was saying. I watched the beginning part of that episode and got pinged even more. Maybe it's just me (again), but I couldn't find anything flavor-wise that had to do with a "good" thing wanting to be freed.

So I've decided to target Vytron... If Dj is scum, I guess I'm handing him the game, but at this point I think Vytron might be suffering from "too helpful" syndrome, plus major pings from his soft claim. I can't target Vytron for kill though. If he's scum, he's probably not worried about Dj since Dj has claimed no night powers that affect others. I'm his only threat in the night. If he really does have redirect powers, if I try to kill him, I'm guessing he'll redirect me to Dj so as to kill both of us in one fell swoop. I guess he could redirect me to myself as well, but why would he do that when he could kill both of us?

I'm going to block him. If there is no NK in the morning, Vytron has to be scum. Hopefully at that point I can convince town!Dj I'm innocent. If I were SK, it wouldn't make sense for me not to NK. I would win the game regardless of which one I killed. Here's hoping. (Anyone reading this now will likely see a lot of it again if we're still alive in the morning.)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 pm UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
I just hope to be able to convince DJ to vote kalira...

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:10 pm UTC

Scooby
Spoiler:
So, looks like softclaiming led to my doom, though, I wonder if at the point eculc was lynched my win became impossible, with a town that can't be killed and another that roleblocks, I can't fulfill my wincon...

SKs should probably commit suicide in those circumstances :mrgreen:

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:27 am UTC

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:Scooby

Spoiler:
I FUCKED UP. BIG TIME. Like, wow, I knew I was bad at this game but I didn't think I was that bad. roband's trying to clean up the mess I made but I don't think it's going to work. I had no idea so many people thought No Lynch on d1 was such a bad idea?? I never want to be scum again :oops:

Scooby @ William
Spoiler:
Oh relax. So you messed up once. Don't let it discourage you.
Last edited by Djehutynakht on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 am UTC

DJ, you should probably put something like that in a spoiler and tag it @Vytron so he knows he can read it. Otherwise it could give information out about a game in progress.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:48 am UTC

Madge wrote:DJ, you should probably put something like that in a spoiler and tag it @Vytron so he knows he can read it. Otherwise it could give information out about a game in progress.

1. It was towards William, who is dead and was known by all to be scum.

2. Game over.

Also, I may try and begin work for either World Powers Mafia or Escape From Tartarus Mafia soon, seeing as we have few games jumping for signups.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 am UTC

Oh my mistake, I actually thought you were replying to someone else!!!!

kalira

Postby kalira » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:02 pm UTC

I am getting so many 503 errors on the forums these past few days. I know dim's having issues as well. Got to the point I was afraid Scooby was going to be affected by it. Anyone else having these issues??

Return to “Mafia”